/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017

Elder Thread:

Spiderpost.

Relevant.

The guy is just a shitposter, he hasn't posted either characters that he feels are examples of "good" or good characters of his own. General rule of thumb is if someone can't make a good character, they'll constantly shit on the good ones. This guy fits that bill perfectly. Ignore him like you would any other shitposter.

Waifupost

waifus
lore
harmony

REAL AND FIRST THREAD.

let the shitpost continue

last we left off, we were questioning Ada's ability to not reply to shitposters. Anyone who is in the steam chat right now, you are shit and cancer, and Veeky Forums should be deleted for the sake of purity. What will happen in this episode of

WAIFUS
LORE
HARMONY

Reminder to report rulebreaking posts like trolls and nsfw.

Harmony, and shit.

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

>he stills think canon is a correct term

how the hell do you make poses like this?

thank you for bringing it to our attention. reported.

>thread wars
Oh boy there we go

are you mentally inhibited from using the tool called google you fucking inbred supermongrel?

kys

>tfw going to die of starvation

Alright wise guy, give a simple "fix" for every character you previously mentioned that you think are shit.

good riddance

His face was ported over from his old one actually. every single polygon is just how it was before.

I bet its the hair that makes him look different. I just thought it looked more noble, like pic related.

>i'd say the main thing is tweaking the hair and face.

I couldn't really find another hairstyle I liked, but I suppose I could check again. Also, see above.

>and try playing more with mfg for better expressions.

I admit I do need to work on that. Its actually one of the reasons I made all three of my characters into followers. You all can do expressions way ever than I ever could.

>but i'd look for a regular set for him that compliments the bodyshape. the one in that screen doesn't look bad.

Yeah this outfit has more or less become his default gear.

To be honest I'm pretty happy with how he looks right now, but that doesn't mean I couldn't just be in denial. Its happened before.

>Ada's ability to not reply to shitposters.

I feel that a lot of the time, shitposters are people with valid complaints who are incapable of voicing them in a nice way. I've had plenty of harsh things said about me and my character, but the thing is enough of them were true that I think they're worth paying attention to.

>he doesn't post characters so he's a shitposter
why do you even care, you autists? you're also not chefs, so make sure you eat up the next plate of shit that's served to you.

let him read the criticism and think for himself, you retards. keep your autistic hugbox for yourself

Looks like a boy.

I did, no results

>you're also not chef

actually...

"X is bad" is not criticism. If you really aren't a shitposter you would have positive counter-examples for everyone you're shitposting about on how to improve.

Good.

Just get all of Halo's poses. OP site.

I chuckled a bit desu

>google
>skyrim poser
?????????????????????????????????????????????

that would take too long. i'll tell them if they show interest in actually changing their characters or at least listening. as this thread and the other showed, most posters here don't give a shit about improving as long as they have yes-men to suck their dicks.

No user no

please seek help

>Good
wew...

ugly

I want a mod for the Civil War and I heard WARZONES had been fixed, should I ?

There's no other mods for the CW.

Why has Arurun progressed from an Elin creature, to actually not half bad, to Casca with aids?

>His face was ported over from his old one actually. every single polygon is just how it was before.
Really? The nose, lips, and eyes look completely different.

If you're genuine in "helping" these people, you wouldn't be shitting on them 24/7 in every thread and claiming its a big safe space for them. Most regulars ignore eachother and only reply to others they like. Circlejerks exist, but not to the extend that most anons think.

>i give reasons why i don't like characters
The opinion of one doesnt represent the entire thread. Alot of the older husbandos were also shit, Bohan was literally a nord preset with green skin and stretched ears. Deo, Basil and Heceril were also slightly altered presets.

>how i'd fix them
But they're not your characters, you want them to change to the views you want.

It would not take too long at all. If that's the only excuse you can come up with I guess you're not even good at shitposting.
>as long as they have yes-men to suck their dicks.
Yep, it's a pure shitposter. Mad that no one ever liked your characters?

Improve pls

Civil War a shit, just get immersive patrols and OBIS.

>WAAAHHH NO ONE'S LISTENING TO MY UNSOLICITED, TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE OPINION, ABLOO BLOO BLOO

She needs to SMILE. I want to see a Clones waifu, SMILE.

Okay, I'll ask you for some reasons. What is wrong with
>Snakestone
>Clones
>Heiko
>Riela
>Kaarina
Show us your infinite wisdom about how these characters can be improved

You know,popular critics are listened because a lot of people agree with their opinions on whatever they criticized on. How can you expect to be listened while you refuse to start laying out your ideas for people to judge?
Make her look less like a cougar.

Because you have shit taste. Any other dumb questions?

>slightly altered presets

So was every waifu before ECE, not to mention they were almost always Bretons.

he did that a few times, older images tho can't find them in the archives

guess what, being brunt is the only way to get people's attention

when have I ever claimed to represent how everyone sees the characters? i said that's how I see them and that a few people also agree with me, but they get written off as shitposters

and i have no power to 'fix' them. i just want people to listen and tell me if they don't agree/give reasons why they won't try and tweak their characters. but they don't, they just ignore it and move on because for one person criticizing, you have 5 reinforcing the circlejerk

>most regulars ignore each other
you're either incredibly delusional or really grasping at straws here. most threads are nothing but regulars posting at one another

The nose and eyes have different textures but that's about it. However, you are right about the eyes, I forgot to mention that I changed them. You see, I accidentally used the same eye shape as Ada on both Yvenn and Serinal and I wanted to differentiate them a bit. So I tried to change Ada's eyes and was more or less pleased with what I altered. He was always meant to be more calculating looking anyhow, being one of those, to use some weeb vernacular, Ojou-sama types.

Does she date women or men?

Would you please stop pretending like you aren't shitposting cancer? Fuck off, most criticism thrown your way is actually warranted unlike most people.

How do I keep a follower from switching to their default outfit everytime I go to a different cell?

Fuck off

i really dislike doing smiles because they look shit in skyrim. Smirks are much easier.

>Make her look less like a cougar.
never, thats intended on hannah

>muh circlejerk
every time you claim not to be a shitposter I chuckle harder

i'm totally the shitposter here. have a (you)

your problem is what snake said, and the fact that all your characters look the same. structurally, there's not much wrong. try posing them actually doing stuff and having personalities and you'd find people a lot more interested.

faces might be a bit too 'doll-ish', but i mean, if that's the character you want, that's fine.

>pretending like you aren't shitposting cancer
How does that apply to what I was talking about?
>most criticism thrown your way is actually warranted unlike most people
Hehe xd

Are you using EFF? If yes, open the followers equipment and take what they have, and give them what you want. That should fix it, but if the follower has an outfit that you can remove without console commands, they always seem to revert. Looking at you here Mistel.

Shame.

Smirk is good enough, I just want to see em happy.

why did you ignore this? don't you want to be a productive little user and help people fix their characters? or do you just want to keep shitposting?

There are more shitposters replying to the alleged shitposter himself.

This place never ceases to amuse.

Why does Wyre Bash uncheck some of my ESPs? Do they still work ?
Sorry, bit new.

calling out shitposters on their BS is an okay kind of shitposting tb'h

I guess it is just subtle changes, but they add up to make him look completely different. The length of the face is way more noticeable with the new textures somehow.

Scamp.

Did she live a shitty life as a kid?

i already said why in the last thread. i'm not going through every bad character giving them decent criticism when the majority of them are going to ignore it or not listen

let them actually ask or show that they're interested, then i'll tell them

No

>Snakestone

I'd actually just like to see an evolution of the dude's face to show the passage of time, not just his outfit. Maybe lose the soul patch and change the hair.

>Clones

Sameface syndrome, try something different.

>Heiko

Opposite of Clones, please stick to ugly Dunmer.

>Riela

Just start over and rethink waifus in general.

>Kaarina

Stop being a Brave expie and posting the same 2 screenshots. Maybe tweak the face so she doesn't look so vanilla and bland, change the outfit to suit some character arc. Change it up.

Most of the problems are just doing the same thing over and over and never really making any sort of 'progress' in keeping the character interesting. You guys are always here, why not change it up with your current characters instead of making several thousand other characters if you are so invested in these ones?

It's fun to watch an autist spin his wheels m8, that's all.

Did it ever cross your mind that these "bad characters" ignore you, is because they like the way the character is. Cause, and I know this is gonna be shocking to you, but its their character and they like it the way it is?

i am not this user, but he is mostly correct.

>more excuses
you shit on them quite a lot, so the reasons why you think they're all bad should be at the front of your mind. it should be no problem for you to quickly write down your perceived problems with these great characters, but I see you don't actually have any reasons. shitpost on dude, have fun.

I'll admit its definitely a big change, but I feel his new face fits his personality way better. However, I still have the old follower available, so if people like old (young?) Ada he will still be around. But I'm sure that people who are good at MFG will be able to make him look cuter.

>I'd actually just like to see an evolution of the dude's face to show the passage of time, not just his outfit. Maybe lose the soul patch and change the hair.

I think he actually made a version of Snakestone that's old and weathered by time.

> and the fact that all your characters look the same.
Yeah there are a few reason for this, although i mentioned them before. First, there is Anna. There are about 5 variations of her right now. These are not supposed to look different and are not different characters at all. It's the same character in...lets say different "timelines".

Then there are of course a few others, but i made exactly 2 other presets from scratch. Synn and Hannah.

However, its kinda like drawing. Even if you attempt to create something new, it looks at the very least similar. If you go through the roster imgur you will see that EVERYONE, no exceptions, has this. Skyrim doesnt offer much in that regard, with citrus at least. And well, then there are textures. Mine are pretty...dominant. People have mistaken other peoples waifus for mine simply because of the textures.

But this one, hannah, is VERY different from Anna in terms of looks. Although i admit they used to look a bit more different.

Not at all actually.

Where do you think I was 'wrong', out of curiosity?

Like, I feel that most of the reason people start shitposting on characters in general is because they stop being interesting and get locked into this endless loop of absolutely no progression, either appearance wise or gameplay-wise. Then you get into this cycle of stasis, and people get tired of this and then you guys start tearing one another apart. It's not that the characters are bad permanently, its just they could be more deeply explored.

>I think he actually made a version of Snakestone that's old and weathered by time.

I think I've seen that. Something in between that would be interesting. We are seeing his kids grow but he stays the same. Its weird.

>Snakestone
His face evolved quite a bit, you are just plain wrong in this case.
>Clones
Yes they look the same, no fucking shit. Did you not realize what his name was?
>Heiko
>Opposite of Clones
What did he mean by this?
>Riela
No actual criticism here, not surprised.
>Kaarina
The notErmalda meme is long dead

I'm sorry I asked for real opinions, should have known from the getgo this was pure shitposting.

sure it has. all i said is that there's a good chance that mentality is reinforced by the circlejerk mentality of 'don't say anything bad ever!' if these 'shitposters' didn't immediately get written off instantly, despite sometimes offering actual constructive criticism (as i've done) they might find that they don't like their characters as much. there's a faux public perception that their characters are almost unanimously good because of how most threads have this mentality and people posting the same images to one another.

you seem to forget that these characters are being posted on a public imageboard. that means they're not private characters for their own amusement. so criticism becomes a lot more relevant.

>new waifu criticism
>100% okay, expected, you're a shitposting newfag if you don't agree with them
>old waifu criticism
>100% not okay, totally unexpected, you're a shitposting newfag if you agree with them

>offer genuine criticism to do your job

thank (you) for the shitpost

>actual constructive criticism (as i've done)
Where? I see none ITT.
>I'm a shitposter for disagreeing with shitposters
okay

>but he stays the same.
Mistel turned him into a vampire.

that's pretty much my exact thoughts on it.
the heiko and riela thing, though... i think Riela could make the character work... but it would need a loooot of serious work.

heiko isn't too bad. just needs some face work and better expressions.

Oh, oh, do me

I did nothing of the sort. This is libel.

mistel can kistel my fuck you

>heiko isn't too bad. just needs some face work and better expressions.
heiko has probably the ugliest females /tesg/ had so far

>We are seeing his kids grow but he stays the same. Its weird.
You're just uninformed. How much would a guy be expected to change in just 8 years? He's not enough to have grey hair yet.
He had a wrinkly normal map before. He finally found a proper younger map that looks right for a guy in his early 30s. For someone uninformed, this might look like hes aging in reverse but its not like that.

>tfw to irrelevant to be shit on

Again there is no real criticism here.
>but it would need a looot of serious work
like?
>heiko isn't too bad. just needs some face work
like?

All you're doing is making broad sweeping statements that hold no water. "X needs work", "X needs a better face." This is meaningless.

I think the issue here is the "criticisms" seem to be more "this is shit" rather than specific "this part of the face/body is bad because reasons"
While I'm sure there are plenty here shitposting about this simply to defend their circlejerk, I'm not really seeing how this would help anyone change anything for the better

you are an actual shitposter and you're ignoring posts. i've given specific criticism to clones and ada. last (you) for (you).

i was talking about heiko, the character. the mer are kinda ugly, but i like them. they're meant to be ugly. they're 'ugly' done right, if that makes sense.

>Mistel

Her face looks like an ECE preset and the eyes aren't doing her any favors. The eyes are honestly the reason I don't really like Mistel at all, mostly because they are 'too noisy' if that makes sense and make her face look smaller than it is. I'd experiment with different vampire eyes, or make your own, if you want to keep that element going. The stuff for an aight character is there, just needs some tweaking.

user, the reason I ingored you is because I really dont care if you think he's shit or looks like a preset.

Snakestone is my oldest character and I got him to the point i like. While it doesnt look like it I have sculpted his face a few times to get it to how it is. Im sorry but he's my character and I like the way he is. If you think he's shit, then so be it. Alot of people probably do honestly, but this is what I like.

I threw together a face change shot, or well the best I could. Most changes were cheekbones/chin and eyes.

>Maybe lose the soul patch and change the hair
Im still waiting the day for a modded shoulder length hair that is like the vanilla but more, full? Thicker? I just havent found a hair I like.

>We are seeing his kids grow but he stays the same
Wew, if you really look at it, he's gotten younger over the years. I did a few tests of him with more facial hair but I, and others, were not to thrilled.

Guys I'm new to this

What mods make all the females into thicc ladies?

Any other preferred mods would be nice to know as well.

>specific criticism to clones
>"hurr durr they look the same"
That's the point retard. Google "clones" if you don't know what it means and you'll see why you sound like a retard.

UUNP Bodyslide

they haven't asked, that post wasn't meant to be proper criticism. go look at my previous posts, or stop posting already. you clearly have no interest in what's being discussed if you're just ignoring the entire discussion we've had this and last thread.

people change a lot in 8 years, user. i don't think that user even meant physically, snake's main issue is that he's very boring. he posts the same screenshots a lot and the character never really does anything interesting. change, any change, is what the other poster wanted.

You the real MVP, thank you, this changes all the females in game?

>heiko, the character.

His eyes are too far apart and make him look retarded, not the competent Big Boss character he's supposed to be.

Ok, tesg confession time !
>Heiko
Dude looks like a douche but he is one of the most unique male characters I have ever seen.
>Xi
Weird design choices all around. Feels like Heiko was trying way too hard to make her unique. Her smale scares me
>Clones
To be fair, the guy only has like 2 characters right now. I like the faces that he made. They look like those Korean MMO elves and go very well with his ENB lighting.
>Riela
I like Meara's utilization of shadows in his shots, but the characters really do look too similar. He seems to only use 1 mouth type.
>Kaarina
I don't like her face. Yes she looks distinguishable, but I don't think she has a pretty face.
>Haar
He seems like just "there" to me. Generic looking Nord dude
>Yarti
One of the best Dunmer characters, and her current version is a big improvement.
>Arurun
The Elin version is an abomination. I like the human version much better
>Goaty
I like frog-face Goaty because of how unique she looks. Seeing her pics make me smile

Woo, feels much better now

that wasn't my post. please stop replying if you're not following the conversation.