/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Demonic Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>StarMade

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

first

Plen

third

Third for
>i'm from /rcg/ and i say "kill them all!"

post networks

7st for

no

Botes

Is Galactic Junk League /egg/? According to reviews it's space voxel robocuck but good.

>gunbeds
>robocuck like so p2w
>shitty graphics
>no actual engineering
>weapons have more health than armor

does egg like ghettoships

yes

Well, we did build the lemonhulk afterall, it's not that different on how zuul build their ships

Dat sum Sword of the Stars II?

Yes

I was playing 1 (because 2 is fucking unplayable), and I thought you'd all appreciate some screens. 1 looks like hot ass due to age so I figured I'd do 2

It's beautiful, but jesus does the UI collapse into a black hole of "FUCK"

Eyup. That's the entire reason why pic related happened.

Played me the fuck out of SOTS with some buds.

I should reinstall and try it out with this new video card I got.

Have you seen those guys leviathan? It's one of the most /egg/ vehicles in the whole game, feels like something you'd find in a spengies server

yeah I closed it out and I'm fucking with the tech tree files to make research take a turn

If you do that, can you still get achievments? I have 270 hours and i'm missing the "get all research" and the "get the zombie plague tech" and the "lose a leviathan", but honestly, you have to be a special kind of retarded to lose a leviathan, i've managed to draw battles while trying my best to lose, and yet the enemy keeps dying

I maed a turtle.

neat, the mouth can store tiny ships?

you act like they have any crc checks for cheevs

>
No, you drive them up the legs.

>you act like they have any crc checks for cheevs
Eeh... true, the game can't even let you play multiplayer without crashing... Thanks man

Serb?

No, anglo mostly.

Anyone know some good spengie servers?

Controls are trash and physics are worse.

you can really get the sense they put pride and polish into their work

What's a good way to keep KSP interesting?

Sandbox gets old after a while and I've been going through the whole career thing which is great at first - restricts your parts, gives you progressively harder missions and appropriate rewards, but pretty much from the time you finish your first manned mission to the Mun everything feels super grindy and cut and paste.

FLUIDIC /egg/ WHEN

BTSM; the shit that mod makes you pull to get even basic things done is insane

Last version it worked on was 1.0.4 so you'll need to torrent it. 1.0.5 doesn't work.

This is what I built for Mars, one of the few remaining screens of when I played it. Eight individual atmospheric sampling probes, a lander, and an orbital section. No solar panels because the first ones weigh half a god damn ton.

T H I C C
Inside there's a Deep Space Telescope

you probably shouldn't post that, asking questions is one thing, but the hotpockets aren't going to like gameposting

>What's a good way to keep green spessmen interesting?
Mods.
>that part count
You should either look for a Hangar mod, or good fire insurance. Because you're going to need one of them soon.

Anyway, out you go Shoo, shoo!

By uninstalling

BTSM doesn't play at all nice with other mods beyond stuff like Engineer or Precise Node

Smartass.

What server?

Damn fucking shame about the actual game part of the game, eh?

>made by flowermanchild ie: fuck the rest of modders: the modder
>doesn't play nice with anything at all

How coincidental!

>megukas
>not for lick
How big of a queer can you get?

>SETI
pros: heavy usage of procedural parts, less part cluttering in the editor, lots of new parts, lots of new science experiments, lots of new and very varied contracts

cons: somewhat easy because you have so many part and science mods that it will be a bit easier to get science. It's a fucking massive mod with a million dependencies

>KSPI-E
pros: lots of new and hard to manage tech, lots of numbers to manage, less mods required, somewhat more realistic in how energy production and transmission work, lot more resources, hard to reach and hard to use end-game content

cons: the first half of career is basically 100% stock KSP as the good stuff comes a bit later in the tech tree. Quite complicated and documentation is somewhat scarce.

SETI is more "casual" and probably more fun for short plays, KSPI is more autistic, but more rewarding IMO. The end-game stuff from KSPI is fantastic and takes a lot of work to unlock, it really forces you to think of the long term.

also what said, BTSM is absolutely god tier, but it's not updated

Now that spongos has inter-grid communication for programmable blocks, is a proper spess defense grid possible?

>mfw there's never going to be a magical engineering game, where you must suss out the rules of the universe through experimentation to craft techniques and spells within a dynamic system

Fuck.

Altitude with attitude.

It was before but now it's going to be a bit more reliable. The previous would have relied on the older LCD screen tricks and those can just 'poof' at times.

I just want to lick a middle school girl.

Are raycast-based radar (technically LIDAR) satellites the new hotness? 20km scan radius with a pretty decent active time.

Stop that.

no, you want to sexually harass an anime character of a middle school girl scripted and voiced by adults. Nothing wrong with that. Actual middle school girls are annoying and fucking disgusting.

I wouldn't know because there are no large servers and I haven't checked the workshop to see what's popular, but I would assume so. I'd say that if we started playing again somehow, whatever we start to standardize on would become 'the new hotness' by virtue of being the only mature system.

warbros serb when

You're right. I'd rather a girl who looks like she's still in middle school.
Also: Chihaya is best girl.

I am alright with this. But this is not engineering, try again user.

is this a jojo reference

And the rocket keeps going.

Shit taste

58nd for

Just report and hide

Does anyone want to see what true engineering is?

>wayne "I'm running for president in my mind" lambright is true engineering
>not bunkerbro

He's the patron saint of physicians

I can accept that

Oh, I'm just playing at home.

Could someone give me a quick run down in one sentence on what is going on.

Some fag that scams people and makes contraptions that don't work?

No, he's a physician having a midlife with a huge ego.

That is one tiny bote

What a shitstorm.
/diy/ looks like a good place, I might go there once I start doing things myself

That thread is litterally worse than the space mexicans.

Separation.
______a______

Pic related.

Ah. No fun.

I'm thirsty now.

>all those selfie shots
Is this what true autism looks like?

Listen here you little shit

>catfuckers keep spamming their Mexican spam artist game
>MFW he's getting more butthurt by the second

who?

CRAMberry vs adbanced canyon

I miss warbros serb

So no Empyrion servers y'all hang out on?

perchance cannon for shooty alot
caramelcorn cannon for big boom

/diy/ is a nice board

>the length of the head

I appreciate artistic license, but has this person ever seen an erect phallus.

your benis is small xD

Jesus christ, I forgot how fucking ugly KSP looks. It was even worse when I used to play it with real solar system because the textures were more stretched out.

Is that the chassis of an ASU-57?

I'm playing the spengies campaign
actually diggin the base they setup, surprisingly little clang sofar. The elevator started doin some weird shit but w/e

It's a tech demo, they actually made sure it worked
the final level was actually kinda fun

I disliked how little freedom the player was given.

whats messing me up are the fucking unreal loading times

I get it yeah, I don't have an SSD, but four minutes is insane.

rem user is posting on /v/
does he not like games????

Fuck, man. That's beautiful.

>playing galactic junk league
>nonstop memes in the chat

>using grav drives is an exploit!
>says the fag who changes text files to change ownership of blocks, crashes servers and uses the antenna exploit

hmm

Figured I'd give it a shot for giggles. Nothing useful so far.

>
>engineering

>Keep routinely checking when Avorion drops
>18 hours until Avorion
Why am I so hyped for this though? gameplay-wise it seems kind of standard for a game of it's type

I think I'm just really liking the look of it's building system.

I was talking to the dev on the forum, and he said the timer doesn't actually mean anything, it releases when he hits the buttom. He's in Germany and I imagine he'll release it an hour or two after he wakes up.