Tfw live in small town

>tfw live in small town
>super comfy to drive around in, lots of 4 way stops, basically zero traffic after 6pm
>tfw go to big city for weekend
>everyone drives like a fucking maniac, nobody lets you merge, speed limits are totally ignored, almost an accident at every single intersection from people trying to beat yellow lights
how the fuck do people deal with that shit and stay sane behind the wheel?

Get drunk before you drive.

This is why i sold all my sports cars.
Fuck all that insanity. Last time i went to the city, an ass hole in a bmw totalled my perfect condition AW11.

git gud

no amount of gud will stop joe blow in his ford focus from t-boning you because he doesnt want to get stuck at a light

> BMW
I used to think this was a meme a couple years back, but it shows how true it is everyday.
> Be yesterday coming home from work
> Car behind me is like literally fucking 2 feet away from my rear bumper
> "wtf? Oh i must be going slow."
> Look at speedometer
> Im going like 52 speed limit is 45
> Single lane road
> Finally get to my turn, as I'm turning i spot that iconic badge "BMW"
> I chuckle as i think of the memes.

>nobody lets you merge
You don't have the right-of-way, Opie. It's your job to get fully up to highway speed and then move into a spot, not their job to move over for you.

Cringe

daily driving is my profession

wait till it rains or snows

>110+ accidents in a span of 4 hours from rain in my local

>staying in the right lane
>ever
It's almost like this isn't an auto-enthusiast forum

Treat it like a race OP.

Everytime you come to a stop, floor it and assert your dominance. They cower in fear

I'm THE only bmw owner who doesn't drive like an asshole. And yes I know most bmw drivers say that they are good and pleasant, but I really am incredibly nice to most people on the road, I always let people zipper merge and overtake me if they want to, I leave a reasonable amount of space between me and the car in front, I often give people right of way when I am supposed to have it (not on freeways or roundabouts though, that's dangerous), and rarely flash my lights (horn is rarely used in Sydney) or scream at anyone.

I do drive an incredibly humble e36 though, so that's hardly comparable to some vapid chad's new 5 series.

I know how you feel man, shit sucks. The worst offense has to be people changing lanes without signalling. It's such a trivial thing to do that makes the road much safer but tons of people don't do it because they're lazy human garbage.

Buying a 335i and I'm basically the same. Honestly BMW drivers are a mixed bag, if you want consistently shit drivers look at any Honda, old Nissan or any crossover.

In my experience, the average honda driver is worse than the average bmw driver, BUT, bmw has a small percentage of demonic drivers.

Nissans are a mixed bag as well (up until the last 10 yrs or so), but generally the same as the cars: a "unique" looking copy of a toyota, but worse in every conceivable way.

Crossovers are for those that don't like driving, and that eagerly await for self driving cars with jumping castle bumpers and child support payments to go with it.

>BUT, bmw has a small percentage of demonic drivers.
Those are always the leased base model 3 series/X# drivers in all fairness.

1st gen taco is best gen taco

Goal in life: buy a bmw and not drive like an asshole

Tfw 2003 prerunner

>tfw know this feel
>stayed at a friends in the city for 2 weeks and by the end had genuine road rage from driving around

>I'm THE only bmw owner who doesn't drive like an asshole.
Then that is also good of you to repair the bad reputation of BMW owners being arrogant selfish people on the road.

>be in Des Moines
It isn't terrible here, but I do work nights and so miss most of the stupidity. The downside is that I live in a neighborhood that has a significant percentage of elderly drivers. This means 20 in the 35 from time to time until they turn into the HyVee lot, just in time for me to see the intersection ahead turn yellow and so herald a five minute wait for the next cycle. Rush hour in the western half of the city is amusing since I am usually driving the opposite direction of the majority of traffic.

I WENT FROM A SMALL TOWN TO FUCKING BOSTON
KILL ME
when i came back to the small town they decided to adopt the big town style and even put in two roundabouts. without actually adding much to the roads while population increased significantly. life is hell.

>Going 7 over
>Thinks that's fast enough for everyone
I know this will blow your mind. But you know when granny's doing the exact speed limit and you're trapped because of it?
That's how people in better cars than you feel when they're behind you.
Let them by, it's the right thing to do.
>Everyone driving slower than me is a grandma!
>Everyone driving faster than me in a maniac!
Or maybe, just maybe, you're an idiot.

Look buddy, I don't care how fast you think you need to do, if the guy in front of you is already over the speed limit you have no right to complain and ride his ass about it. Doesn't matter how fast your whip is, it's just common courtesy. If you want to enjoy your car, go out to some fucking highway or something.

>let them by
>on a single lane
>already going 7mph over the speed limit

This. I don't give a fuck if you want to speed, if there's room I'll move over.
But if I'm doing on or above the limit, I'm not going to slow down and merge into slower traffic just so you can speed. You can wait until I'm done overtaking.

Or you could just overtake and stop being a giant pussy, if the person is already going over the limit chances are they aren't going to going to go any faster

>an ass hole in a bmw totalled my perfect condition AW11.

>tripfag being a fag