Do you drive a manual?

Do you drive a manual?

Wife's bf drives it for me

Not driving a manual is grounds for politely, but firmly removing yourself from the hobby.

Yup. 2014 Mazda 3 diesel. How do you like them apples?

No, I drive a land barge. I can also let my left arm sag carelessly out the window at low speeds on a crisp spring morning.

What if I want to drive a manual but I wrecked one so mommy will only buy me an automatic?

Yes I do. My 5th gear is practically useless

yes because 90s shitbox.
if i buy a new car it will probably be a manual even though i live in stop go congested city because fuck fixing auto tragic when they shit.

Yes, why not?

Any vehicle enthusiast owes it to themself to drive a manual gearbox. It's simply a more rewarding experience.

Cant, hand me down car from parents.

Kek. I consider it ok for auto if you fix your own shit and at least tune it to not roll out of first.

Not always. P1 felt ded inside.

I have never driven an automatic car and I have been driving for 7 years. What are they like?

I just drive a manual without thinking about it, not exactly a chore

manual shitbox is the best (and fastest) car in the world

I drive one, and my next one will be auto.

How come?

I started off with autos but moved on to manuals.

But i will say this, after driving manuals in heavy traffic my next car (either a mustang or camaro) it will probably be an automatic. I don't place my value as a human being on what transmission i fucking drive.

After tracking porches and miatas i've found that both autos and manuals are equally fun.

I've owned 4 different manual cars.

My car autism knows no bounds.

A manual DD is a chore. My daily commute involves city driving and highway, both cases where an auto is just perfect.

Is the pope catholic?

I know how to

I drive 2013 Nissan Sentra manual, got it last friday. Got a couple lessons from my dad on my sisters manual suzuki piece-o-shit, and i'm still having a little bit of trouble shifting 100% smoothly from first to second without the car bumping a little bit, but otherwise I can successfully get from point A to point B in ample time.

The best part is the 6th gear- I will never get another car unless it has one

It's like a forbidden gear. commuting regularly I typically stay in fourth and rarely go to fifth, but i drop to 6th if i need to pass a prick or if i hit the highway and need high speeds and it feels like i'm in a movie because 6th is right under 5th and the drop feels great.

No, I'm straight.

I can't because I had hip surgery. I would absolutely love to own a manual but i physically can't drive it for long periods of time. I work at a mechanic shop so i have to but its never for a long period of time

You can drive manual with one hand

no u dont

>at low speeds
And I'm not talking about highways, user.

B8

Daily Auto
Truck Standard

Not yet, but I'm learning.

Have the pleasure of learning in a Suzuki Swift Sport, great little thing.

It isn't hard, as long as your car isn't complete shit.

>Not using your legs to steer.

Yes, although my first vehicle was an automatic. After learning the basics and how to drive one decently I feel way more in control of the car

One of the things that surprised me the most was starting from a stop. Initially it was strange to get used to but now it honestly feels way more natural to let out the clutch before you begin to move while slowly applying the throttle. I had to drive my parent's vehicle a bit ago, it's an automatic and I didn't feel in control at all, with power management that is

No. Never even thought about it. Anything manual with the except of older trucks is uncommon where I live. I could get a manual C10 for cheap here, but why would I?

As in a Chevy C10? Short bed by any chance? Those trucks are so valuable where I'm at.

>drive with one hand cruising at low speed
>need to shift, hold wheel with knee while you slap to the next gear
>put hand back on wheel
>window hand never moves

>rocket science

>shift into an overdrive gear to pass someone

You're doing it backwards lmfao, enjoy your lugging. When you go to pass, you wanna go down to at least 4th.