/lite/ RogueLITE General

Vanned Edition

Last thread:
>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/b8MLm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for decay.

NT is gay

Victory lapping. Just beat It Lives, Satan, and Lamb on Hard with Apollyon, so that's three marks down in one go.

Little Horn, Mom's Necklace, Dead Cat, Lil' Battery, Punching Bag, Mom's Key, Ceremonial Robes, Abaddon, Bandage Girl Level 3, Champ Belt, Rubber Cement, Negative, Virus, Coal, Betrayal, Juicy Sack, ???'s Only Friend.
Void has D20, Book of Revelations, Compost, and White Pony absorbed.

Locust of death and the slow ones are really nice.

I personally like the Locust of conquest the most.

Jesus. Jump makes Hush a fucking joke. Literally none of his attacks could threaten me because I could just jump out of every tight situation.

I used to undervalue Jump so much but it literally trivializes so many bosses that are bullet-hell dependent.

You can jump over bullets?

You can jump over anything. You are invincible during the jump animation as far as I know.

>Originally believe that people who think the old OST was better than the Rebirth one were squares
>Relistened to the older tunes
>Realized how significantly better they fit the tone of the game
Electric guitars are pretty okay but they don't set the tone of a child escaping his homicidal mother into a basement full of horrors

Why does Danny B have to be such a loser

i'd kill for a mod that replaced the newer songs with the baranowsky tracks, but i do believe that ventricide and the isaac/blue baby tracks are better than the originals.

what

Fallen angels mang

It would've been cool if Retro Vision was a straight up Retro pill that also replaced the current soundtrack with the Danny B OST.

how come danny never came back to do the score for rebirth? was there a falling out between him and steak man?

They got in a big argument about social justice nonsense. Don't bother looking it up, it's retarded, the less you know the better.

Precisely.
Danny Baranowsky is a social justice warrior in the classical sense of it. And Edmund is a renegade who hates that kinda shit. They had a disagreement over something and parted ways.

>Danny Baranowsky is a social justice warrior in the classical sense of it.
Could you care to enlighten us on what a classical SJW is?
Is it better or worse than the stereotypical SJW.

jesus christ i'm sweaty

hey, congrats man!

What does that even unlock

What is rerun

You unlock the ability to restart any won run with all the items you had (unlocks disabled).

It's pointless.

>they could have added a feature that lets you re-do the last run you did in just to see how it could have gone if you did different things (like not dying), possibly with achievements disabled to make it more steaky
>instead they chose to do some sort of new game+

You know about seeds, right?

>implying the average person is going to copy the seeds of every run they do
>especially if they die to some bullshit and can't think straight for an hour

It shows the seed upon death, dummy.

>the B00B T00B seed looks much better than the shitty retro vision pill and doesn't even lag toasters
Why would you not replace that shitty pill effect with this

Sup. Big problem with Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +

I tried a bunch of mods, then tried to disable them and the game crashed. And now I cannot open the game beyond the intro screen.

I tried to delete all my folders, removing Steam Cloud sync, and another computer.

The problem somehow got downloaded up the steam cloud and it wont go away. Everytime I download the game, where ever it is, the problem stays. Is there a way to ensure that the save file from the Steam cloud is not downloaded? I can boot Afterbirth so I can see the save file still being there, even though I deleted the My Games Save file location.

The game is still somehow downloading my save files or they are hidden somewhere.

Any idea?

>Eden with Restock
>Blank card & Jera in a store that sells batteries
Am I about to have my first breakfast?

Because despite lagging toasters and giving several people eye pain/headaches, Edmund think it's cool despite all that and the fact that it's just a shitty pixel overlay that impresses nobody.

>Forgetting my image

>going for "it's the key"
>cricket's head, mom's knife on first floor
>walk in to a penny when entering a room

It's just amusing, honestly.

It's your fault for wanting to use mods to change your steak instead of taking the delicious one Edmund prepared for you.

The steak meme is not great bro.

>button spawns my recently filled-to-brim donation box
>bump into it
im uninstalling

what the fuck is steak

delet this before steakmund patches it.

Why does that matter? Are you saying you're the kind of worm who cheats by bombing it to cheese more money in runs?

>Playing the game is cheating

Guess I'm REALLY uninstalling now.

Bombing the donation machine is comparable to summoning in Souls games before going through solo.

The devs may have put the feature in, but that doesn't make it okay, or those taking advantage any less of a worm.

Progress so far, I've found that Humbling Bundle + The Jar = Infinite Hearts. Picking up a double heart puts two hearts in the jar, emptying the jar gives two double hearts, repeat.

Lodsamone!

>if u don't play my way blah blah blah

Except you also have to fill the donation machine yourself before you can take the money out.

>get No. 2
>it's fine, I can just move when I hear the poop sound
>music in the Chest is so fucking loud that hearing the poop sound is impossible
pls

That means nothing, runs are independent of one another. The act of donating in an inherently privileged position is not proportional to being able to subvert the process of mining floors for every last cent to afford items. It trivialises the fundamentals of the game.

Blank Card + Jera + Battery with a blue heart in the room
Converter
Potato Peeler
I have around 10 super meat boys, could obviously keep going if I wanted

Do it.

Fill the room with meat.

Having items unlocked is an inherently privileged position and I don't see you playing on a 0% save.

>That price
LOL

Huh, it's getting closer and closer to an actual hundred dollar steak every day.

I co-op'd my first run of each Souls game with a friend and enjoyed it, personally.
>wah wah if you don't play on my terms you're a faggot

>tfw all my favorite generals dissolved

Is NT even still relevant?

This is how my room looks so far. Wondering whats going to happen when I use that Diplopia...
After getting Bum Friend and Bumbo, when I wormholed into my infinite money room they started gobbling, must have got a few hundred coins each. I quickly ran out but it was too late.
Bumbo shit out about 30 chests, and Bum Friend dropped nearly every trinket in the game.

>Wondering whats going to happen when I use that Diplopia...
You double all those useless active items.

That was a great first keeper run. Ipecac + pyromaniac combo was just too good, then got cursed eye + black candle on top of it. 7 marks in 1 go, only the dark room route and greedier left. I will never have to touch this horrible character again after this.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's just...that's beautiful is what that is.

>mfw Sin Collector out of fucking nowhere
>When I know for a fact that I haven't seen everything
gg steakmund

>fighting big horn with ebic fetus

>Eden Run
>Subpar damage, slow shots, Hot Bombs and Guppy's Head
>Zit in the Treasure Room
>Stumble upon what appears to be a rare room consisting of an angel chest, 2 blue fires and 2 soul hearts
>Get a key and super bandage in the boss room
>Unlock that shit for more keys, get golden horseshoe too
>Wheel of Fortune card in a sack in the secret room
>Explodes to give me a Dollar
>mfw

How would you fix pills?

Get rid of ??? and Tears Down.

Get rid of all of the ones added in Afterbirth.

>I'm gonna loop it
>I'm gonna go for rerun
>void portal shits itself on me the moment I kill mom and I'm whisked away to le deepest lore patchwork floor without a choice

That's already been patched out piratefag

No, they obviously didn't fix it properly. It happened to me yesterday too, and there hasn't been a new patch since then.

>not stealing your steak

Day 2 of the Golden Lute Nightmare:

I think I've started making some progress. I've started appropriating the ancient Troglodytian art of throwing away my only choice of offence and defence in hopes that it might hit something. Is this a good start? I'm really just hoping to bullshit my way through this fight as fast as possible so I won't have top deal with a blue and a red dragon at once.

I heard just rushing into it's face works like a charm.

no

Well it seems to move completely randomly when it's confused, so getting close may not be a great idea.

Then again, you do deal triple the damage if you hit, so it's a high risk/reward thing.

Breakfast is a hell of a drug

What the actual living fuck am I seeing

Sad bombs+scatter bombs+blank card tower cardx2 thanks to the battery+wiggle worm+brimstone it looks like

>beat ultra hard challenge to see how it buffs samson
>it gives you the child's heart trinket
haha
ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

FUCK YOU EDMUND

why are people trying to force pictures of games that aren't being talked about into the OP

Samson really needs a buff he's one of the shittiest characters desu

>not hitting the lute's body during its confused phase for the free beats
>not killing the green dragon right off the bat

You're getting there though, just keep at it.

Lusty Blood for Samson would have been an adequate reward for that challenge.

>>not hitting the lute's body during its confused phase for the free beats
What, how does that work?
I thought it was always immune to damage.

Anyways, I think I'm ready to do this outside of practice. webmshare.com/b8MLm

i did it, i succesfully beat dead ringer
i was not prepared for lmao2dancers

Yeah, have fun babysitting your dad while also chasing after the negrodancer.

>hit head
>head spazzes out like a black bat
>hit his body to the beat to stand in place instead of chasing it around

Don't forget that you'll get nice stuff like damage ups and damage negating armor when you do it for real, so it'll be easier compared to doing it in training mode.

How does armor work, anyway?

Which one is that? I've been watching them only when I play and I'm still back a few vids.

It says it will include all of the content, it's fine.

If you have the leather armor, everything will do 0,5 less damage.
If you have the plate armor, everything will do 1,5 less damage, but there's a limit so everything will do at LEAST 0,5 damage.
Not useful as Aria, although the glass armor is great for her.

>but there's a limit so everything will do at LEAST 0,5 damage.
Oh, that makes sense then

>Finally git decent at Golden lute fight in training
>Get fucking rocked by the levels before it

I just want to be free from this rhythmic hell.

They're all still around, friend. Just cause they are dead doesn't mean the people are. Discuss things and you never know who may come out of the woodwork.

Protip: The Portal requires you fling yourself into it.
It still has no "If Isaac is on top of it, don't open yet" rule. So if you're moving very fast and kill a boss right as you're over that point, too fucken bad.

>Navi hanging out over a crevice
what did she mean by this

The same it means whenever it hover above spikes. Maybe the game treats all spaces you can't walk on as the same thing, and sometimes spawns trapdoors on holes and other obstacles? I wouldn't be surprised.

She's saying to kill yourself.

This.

life was life and they were both isaac

Monk sure is fun guys.

dlc when?

no, not at all

Tomorrow