If you drive like this, you are a total retard

If you drive like this, you are a total retard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKeK_IpQP2s
turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_steering
speedsecrets.com/driving-tips/drive-faster-by-turning-your-steering-wheel-properly/
jalopnik.com/what-a-slow-idiot-learned-at-race-driving-school-481637714
drivingfast.net/steering/
youtube.com/watch?v=96ekbvjyr0g
youtube.com/watch?v=6yXv9SeahV8
youtu.be/5nltSfdWORA?t=26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i do sometimes, when making u turns because no power steering.

This is the right way to do. Racing-style.
I hate you autistis.

No, you have just passed at the institute of advanced motorists.

how do you do it then

You know you can do that one arm at a time putting the strength to your shoulder rather than your arm right?

you've never driven a single vehicle with no power steering

one hand on the wheel, the other playing with your moms pussy

Do e70 corrolas have power steering?

Always keep both hands on the wheel unless changing gear. You have more control than shuffling back and forth,

>hes scared of the airbag
>hes a steering wheel shuffler

>Implying you drive auto
Kek

If you need two hands to turn a non power steering vehicle at normal motoring speeds then you sir are Physically Weak.

Do a push a toothpick

Goddamn I miss having bench seating now.

my car has shitty steering what else am i gonan do

This is the proper form for racing. But if you are saying 'driving like you are racing during normal driving time is dumb' then maybe you could be on to something I guess.

Using one hand to steer takes about 90% of the enjoyment and control out of driving to be honest. Something about that perfect amount of pressure pulling/pushing in/out of a turn, even just a normal turn day-to-day driving, with proper hand placement just feels nice.

>This is the proper form for racing

holy shit where did you retards get that from

From every single racing driver, ever, along with every single racing school ever.

[citation needed]

Racing drivers nowadays use low lock and high steering ratio. They barely go past 180 degrees on one side.

Not OP, but In every corner, the dominant hand is the opposite one from the direction your going, i.e. if you're turning left, the right hand does most of the work, while the other hand supports it.

What the driver is doing in the OP pic is bad, because under stress, he will lock his grip and wont switch over hands out of habit and instict. Both his hands have a loose grip on the wheel, while if you reposition your hands you have an overall better feeling, especially in a car with a lower steering ratio.

t. Co-driver and occationally tarmac rally driver.
Video for example.

said video 'cause I'm dumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=PKeK_IpQP2s

>implying one arm on the window sill and holding the wheel in place while other arm rests on armrest is not the patrician driving method

turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_steering

speedsecrets.com/driving-tips/drive-faster-by-turning-your-steering-wheel-properly/

jalopnik.com/what-a-slow-idiot-learned-at-race-driving-school-481637714

drivingfast.net/steering/

youtube.com/watch?v=96ekbvjyr0g

Also what the heck do you think F1, IndyCar, LeMans, V8 Supercars, etc. (aka: cars without traditional circular steering 'wheels') do?

>Racing drivers nowadays use low lock and high steering ratio. They barely go past 180 degrees on one side.

That's not the point though. The point is in a car where you don't have those settings in place what is considered the best method of racing steering.

Also even with those settings it is fairly normal to get into a full or almost full lock wheel position on many tracks such as Monaco:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yXv9SeahV8

Even with both hands on the wheel only one is dominant during any given turn. Like user said above.

And my reply was about the strength needed to deal with feed back from a non power steering car.

Also NEVER pull down on the steering wheel. While that's fine in day to day, at competitive speeds the pulling motion will sometimes have you exacerbate understeer if the front wheels goes slidding and "lite" in your hands.

Flat top and bottom wheel are designed to have you keep your hands in 9-3 constantly, since there is no other place to a grip of. Compared to round steering wheels, they are usually smaller in diameter, so they can be less stressfull in the hands when you turn the wheel 180 degrees around. Even tin top race cars use them now cause they have a better overall feeling.

>speedsecrets.com/driving-tips/drive-faster-by-turning-your-steering-wheel-properly/

This article precisely tells you use shuffling and repositioning at moments that is needed, instead of just using 9-3 constantly

>The point is in a car where you don't have those settings in place what is considered the best method of racing steering

Everything apart from rallying does not use hand shuffling.
And drivers constantly repositioned their hands on the steering constantly back in the day too. The last thing I want is to have and uncomfortable grip at a crucial moment because I kept my hands at 9-3 position

youtu.be/5nltSfdWORA?t=26

>*does not use hand shuffling because they had short steering racks.

I had a long day.

God I fucking hate you autists

If I argued about leaving hands at 9+3 constantly somewhere in my posts then I certainly didn't mean to. I thought this was about OP implying it is better not crossing arms ever, using a shuffling technique, or using 'one hand' while driving.

I'm pretty sure OP meant that people who lock out while turning the wheel are stupid, which is true to an extent, and just that people use 9-3 when they drive in general.

It's cool tho. I didn't have a civilised discussion in Veeky Forums for a bit, so that was refreshing.

>and NOT just that people use 9-3 when they drive in general.

Got damnit I need to go to sleep

>lanky 180cm 59kg
>doesn't lift
>only do cardio
>can barely lift 30kg
>might hurt back while at it
>tfw