/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 22nd:
1517 – Ottoman forces defeated the Egyptian Mamluk army in the Battle of Ridaniya and brought the severed head of the last Mamluk sultan Tuman bay II into Cairo.
1689 – The Convention Parliament convened to justify the overthrow of James II, the last Roman Catholic King of England, who had vacated the throne when he fled to France in 1688.
1969 – Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev survived an assassination attempt, an incident that was not revealed to the public until after the fall of the Soviet Union.
>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U-EQJA8Ahac
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/164626189/#q164654124
youtu.be/KmtzQCSh6xk
youtu.be/k85mRPqvMbE
youtu.be/Yavx9yxTrsw
youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0
youtu.be/eSOSJ68xOBA
youtu.be/nEqwKNNQBwc
youtu.be/EY39fkmqKBM
youtu.be/PQHPYelqr0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If tactics only make you lose less men it doesn't seem to matter, as with +93% combat ability surely you'll simply stomp anyone before they can do any damage?

Again though, fight Austria and see if you can win with less men.

Reminder to report and ignore too-early threads.

Based
t. nonwhiteposter

Thats already a given, you can beat a 55k army of Ming as a 25k horde without the bonuses so it shouldnt be hard with them as long as your on the plains.

you lads excited for the next r&i thread linking 3 threads back?

not based

>Thats already a given, you can beat a 55k army of Ming as a 25k horde without the bonuses so it shouldnt be hard with them as long as your on the plains.
Without which bonuses?

Is 7.5% craftsmen/women too many? It hasn't gone red yet.

The 33% hussars and the others Poland gets.

Proof?

Mate I havent played that in forever, how am I supposed to prove it? Im not about to autisticly play 4 hours to prove it can be done.

>women

See
Also, fight Ottomans with your cav army.

xth for benin, best country in new world order mod, which is gsg related material
:~~~DDD

Serious question, why are there two Benins? One benis shaped there and then one in Southern Nigeria?

HOI3 is a trading game for me. I trade and see how large of a profit I can get from it. Soviets sell cheap and the Germans buy high most of the time. Just look for who needs what when and sell it to them. Finland is great, you just need to tell the soviets to fuck off at a certain point.

Yeah these kills aren't nearly good enough despite

Sure the rolls were not great and they were in woods, but part of the idea of not being a horde and going full cav is so that you can fight in the rougher terrains better since you don't get the -25% shock penalty.

Maybe you can adjust the composition a bit depending on what you're fighting.
Ignore the military tactics penalty in some situations, just to get that extra damage in so you wipe the army instead of making them retreat.

But in fights like these you'll have to bring in inf and go for a 50/50 ratio and retain good military tactics while still having more than standard amounts of cav for extra damage.

Meh. I strongly recommend MotE though, I think you'd love its combat system.

you mean Biafra?

I know more people who play eu4 for mp, and I prefer the time period. More time to change things.

The wiki says the insufficient support applies to percentage of support, so could you wield 60% cav and 40% arty? That seems like a lethal combination, especially if you took the arty combat ability quality and quality idea that improves it.

How so?

liquor babies in 2k17

In vicky states Biafra is neighbours and is directly East of Benin

Clerks increase throughput, but you need some craftsmen for it to matter anyway.

What the fuck is with the retarded ancient infopics these two threads

Percentage of cav*

Artillery doesn't count for the ratio I'm afraid

with nomad tech group you can go for something like that though

yeehaw

youtu.be/U-EQJA8Ahac

Is it effective? My experience with EU4 dombat is that it basically just does what it wants, see
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/164626189/#q164654124
I should have easily won that battle with all that shit but it was touch and go. I've given up trying to figure out combat in that shit game because no matter how many advantages you have the dice still routinely shit you up.

nigger we know about this stupid meme
go back to 2011

yeehaw

yeehaw

yee

Haha! Serbia! LOL

haw

Anyone else like it when you capture a female and their liege has no intrest in them or no money. Then since they're no good for anything else, you get the option of cutting them up, humiliating them torturing them or even killing them at your leisure. That really gets me rockin haha jk

>Is it effective?
He may be slightly hyperbolic with the numbers, but maybe not. You can have some insane slaughters early on as horde going full cav, and later on adding some artillery.
But to be honest the artillery are mostly needed for sieges. They are not key to combat as they are for non hordes since cavalry don't get half the defensive pips from the artillery behind them like infantry.

>boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/164626189/#q164654124
Why did you take both humanist and religious?

If you want a military powerhouse you want innovative and economic for policies.

Inno+Qual has a 20% inf combat policy
econ+qual has a 5% disc policy
econ+off has a 20% art combat policy.

My last game as Prussia I was stack wiping 20-30k stack after 20-30k stack as soon as I upped my militarism during the league war. It was a coop game, but I was the one fighting.

You had a combat width of 40 so more than 40 artillery weren't really helping you unless the battle lasted so long that they took morale hits despite not taking damage.

You have +125% flanking range, meaning you can have 4 cav on each side.
You only need 8 cavalry not 18.
Infantry need to be replaced over time so it is good to be over.

Were you the attacker? Did you attack from Berg?
If so you got both a crossing penalty and the woods penalty from cologne itself.

The french don't have terrible ideas so it's not that weird that they can hold.

youtu.be/KmtzQCSh6xk

Oh and with almost 100 army tradition I think you could've rolled a better general than a 5-3.
Maybe your extra maneuever kept you from the terrain and river crossing penalties, I don't know exactly how that works if it is enough to have 1 over. Didn't think about thatö.

>numa numa man was 10 years ago

Humanist so I didn't get fucked in the ass by religious civil wars and such and religious to conquer Russia.

Discipline never seems to do much for me.

Also, how do you get big league morale?

Looks better than that new half assed shit

I hate playing horses, but I wasnt joking, you can destroy Ming fairly easy just by repeatedly luring them with your low stack sizes into -4 combat areas then wiping out the small stacks when they retreat. After a while the lands in the south rebel and it all goes downhill from there leading to your formation of Qing less then 50 years from the start of the game. The only problem is getting enough money to do that and it usually involves picking on the people to the west. 25k Cav isnt easy to maintain. But they loot so much.

>
>>/reddit/

>Playing ck2.
>Want to change to Cathar as Occitan ruler.
>Refrain from doing that and wait for event to happen.
>The event never come.

haw

You make it sound so easy.

shit i forgot the image let's try that again

haw

Is this an epic new meme?

>China's unpopular 17 year old empress marries a Korean man and her entire empire dies
kek

dont play qing till next patch user
divine wind 2 coming out

Thats because it is, you expand west, wait for their mongolian war to be over, wait for them to war with the souther alliance and loot the provinces in the north for the money. Then just lure them to their doom on mountains crossing rivers or plains if they are small. They tend to keep fighting the people in the south if you dont capture provinces so make sure to walk away and stand still as soon as it gets close. After looting their main provinces they should be low on cash. Assuming they didnt randomly come up, in which case its fine even if you lose a few times since you get free reinforcements, you win from rebels because of unrest. Same way it worked in real life, they looted until the empire collapsed.

Well congratulations, you married the empress of China, what's the next step of your master plan?

When does the Irish Enclosures modifier get removed?

youtu.be/k85mRPqvMbE

break marriage and invade China obviously

>Discipline never seems to do much for me.
You can see it as a threshold thing.

sure 5% more disc than the opponent may not mean much. You take a bit less damage and deal a bit more damage.
It makes your manpower and mercs more effective over time but may not be so noticeable in any given battle.

Morale damage is based on causalties though, so you'll be dealing more morale damage.
5%, 10% more disc and 10% more morele may mean that you overall get more out of your troops than the opponent, but 20% more disc and 10% more morale may mean that their morale shatters so early that they get wiped.
I think getting humanist and religious ideas are a huge waste.
Religious can save mana and have some good military policies though.
Humanist have some mil policies as well, but I'd mostly take it as a horde.

>souther alliance
???

youtu.be/Yavx9yxTrsw

>336 million views

>Qing
you stay as superior manchu horde

>they removed food from ulster
Why?

They attack the south and there are always like 3 people in an alliance when that happens. So they fight off like 20k troops while you can loot the north for a year or two. If they come up early then they occupy the land to the south and you still win. They cant fight you with anything less then full strength so... Its lose lose.

>event has a choice that gives me a CB
>go to declare it
>no CB to be found
jesus christ HPM fix your shit

No

t. HPM

I guess having a leader getting zerged is a bit too much for them

You're supposed to say crashing this empire.

So it both increases defence and offence?

China can get Empresses?

youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0

You can play Corea in Crusader Kings now?

get this shit out of here
not even nostalgic

Where do I find all the event IDs in V2 so I can make new ones?

How can you be nostalgic for something that happened like 2 years ago?
Holy SHIT though 2 billion views

its 4 years old

youtu.be/eSOSJ68xOBA

>2012
aaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaAAAAAAAA

youtu.be/nEqwKNNQBwc

how do I do this

>I was 7 when i watched this now im 81
youtube comments aren't so bad sometimes

I said it ISN'T nostalgic you fucking moron. How retarded do you have to be to wildly misinterpret such a simple post?

>8 years ago

yeehaw

>So it both increases defence and offence?
Yes

If you see extra damage dealt and less damage recieved as equal than in some circumstances 5% disc is equal to 20% inf.

Here I've measured the effects of adding various modifiers to an end game western army with full combat width of inf and art with max flank cav.

It implies that you could have been

youtu.be/EY39fkmqKBM

The videos posted are all old memes. That's the point. It all started with I was pointing out that it WASN'T nostalgic compared to the other videos posted.

I love memberberries

wew matey

Shame some boys get bullied into becoming girls

youtu.be/PQHPYelqr0E

literally who

Thoughts?

oh it's like a mashup thing

Or vice-versa.

>German Suriname
I like it desu