>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBaGSNgFh-4&list=PLiVSF2AAhkqdvh7SAse3Mx5m60KF-GByn
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/59627
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for all of these great songs, gone to waste
youtube.com/watch?v=vBaGSNgFh-4&list=PLiVSF2AAhkqdvh7SAse3Mx5m60KF-GByn

Angels are most likely nothing but Frampt's new disguise for influencing the kings.
They get bonus damage from Hollowslayer so they are hollows, and if you look at their wings closely you can see that the flesh beneath the feathers is dark, like the ones of pus of man.

I think the point of a picture is that hollows burning in flames are trying to reach out to hooded figures who managed to take down the Serpents and took their place. It would be awesome if there's indeed higher beings and they show up in DLC 2 as real masterminds but i doubt it.

Did you seriously think that post was funny at all and worth posting? If so you live a pathetic life, fucking grow up.

The stormruler stuff is so half assed into the game it's not even funny.

The stormruler description says that it is used against greatwood and, if you actually use it against the greatwood boss, it works. Works like it was meant to be used there. It's very obvious that the stormruler was originally used against the greatwood boss, and Yhorm was just a boss you'd kill normally. He has a complete moveset and even a stun and riposte animation. Think, this is fromsoftware, if they really intended for Yhorm to be fought with the stormruler, they would've put Siegward using it since the first encounter, as some kind of foreshadowing.

It's not only this, there are a lot of things in the game that feel last hour change: Patches lifting bridges from a side with no levers and lifts that doesn't do anything. Greirat bringing treasures from his next expedition (he goes to settlement, brings irythil stuff; goes to irythill, brings lothric stuff; goes to lothric, brings explosive bolts(??)). The hag teleporting you out of nowhere to her room after you kill both Lords, even if she's dead because you murdered her ass. The list goes on.

All of these have something in common: They make the game easier. My guess is, this is bamco's hand. They played the game, said "this is too hard" and made from change it. I prefer PC as much as the next guy as a platform, but we have to agree bamco is a shitty publisher, and Sony is much better by a fucking mile. I don't have a PS4 yet, but if the next from game is a PS4 exclusive I'm buying one and, I can't believe I'm saying this, I hope it is a PS4 exclusive, for reasons I just presented. Yes, having the game on PC is great, but bamco is just terrible and their suits don't care about the integrity of the series, as long as dudebros can feel good because they beat "the hardest game".

I sure do hope it is a exclusive too. FromSoft is a console delevoper, it always was. There's no point in forcing them making multiplats just so shit companies like Bamco make everything worse for the sake of profit.

Also, I don't have a ps4 either, but I'll buy one as soon as I can.

>Patches lifting bridges from a side with no levers
You have noticed the mangrub on the other side is friendly with patches?

It's likely they've made a deal of some description and that it was the mangrub who pulled the lever.

>You have noticed the mangrub on the other side is friendly with patches?

Those things can even think?

>Those things can even think?
As apparent by the one holding red sign soapstone and Heysel, yes.

It can use miracles and ambush you, obviously they have some sentience.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/59627

My new Caestus build with enough magic to steamroll annoying shittily designed encounters. Only thing i'll lose from my current one is a shitload of stamina (currently 87). Might just sacrifice ring of giants for southern ritual band+2 for more slots as I'm honestly not finding it that useful.

Wolf Ring in DS1 made me tank next to everything wear the gold-hemmed set, yet in DS2 poise seems borderline useless unless you're wearing shit like Havel's.

That's a big stretch, user, almost as big as Vaati logic jumps.

If you lure a sawman to Morne's guy, they also are friendly. So are all enemies to all NPCs. It's just a game mechanic so you don't use NPCs to mop mobs.

Except the maggot just happens to be next to the only lever that controls the bridge, you fucking retard.

Hi. My name is Skra and this is my first build.

I started playing Dark Souls Oct 11, 2016. I wanted to role play this game as a knight for no other reason than I like the way knight armor looks. I realize that there are better defensive options. It seems to me that new players almost always tend to make a Giant Dad and I want to do something different. This build is what I have ended up with.

While learning this game, I realized that the Claymore has TWO thrust attacks: a one-handed thrust attack and a rolling two-handed thrust attack. So, whether I’m one-handing or two-handing my Claymore, the Leo Ring bonus damage would always be available to me. It occurred to me that the Leo Ring would go with my build nicely considering that I'm fast rolling in medium armor.

With Charcoal Pine Resin applied and the Leo Ring counter bonus triggered, my one-handed R2 thrust attack does 820 damage against the Cleric in the Darkroot Garden. My two-handed rolling thrust attack does 836 damage against him. The Leo Ring aside, stabbing the Cleric in the back one-handed yields 884 damage, a two-handed backstab yields 901 damage and Riposte is 1048 damage (I used the Cleric for testing because he heals himself). With the Green Blossom and the Grass Crest Shield regenerating my stamina, I rarely find myself unable to use my rolling thrust attack. It's just always there.

I've read in the forums that the contemporary quality build is 27/40 because of the two-handed bonus for strength, but I wanted to make certain that my one-handed thrust attack did as much damage as efficiently possible because the damage bonus granted by the Leo Ring is percentage based. Also, since my two-handed thrust attack requires rolling, I had to figure out a way to get my equipment burden below 25% so that I could fast roll without being too squishy because my vitality is so low.

So, my first build is finished. This is it. It's my Veteran Knight and I love it.

alrighty then.

>25% so that I could fast roll without being too squishy because my vitality is so low.
>vitality
>Dark Souls 1

lol

yes, he has low vit and therefore low hp. go be a retard somewhere else
are you just blogposting or do you have a question?

I bet it was a girl who wrote it.

>I've never played Dark Souls: The Post

So wheres the fucking new DLC

jesus christ Old Hunters didn't take this long to make and it was bigger than probably both of these DLC will be combined

Vig is for hp, not vit

Vigality...?

Not in dark souls 1, you complete shitter.

Vigor wasn't a thing in 1 it was still vitality back then

a third of the old hunters was just a recycled main game location
aoa was fully original

this some newfag trying to force a epic memepasta, theyre spamming it over in /v/ right now
please fucking ignore this cancer

I'm retarded
Forget what you read

>aoa was fully original

black_man_trying_not_to_laugh.gif

>he thinks AoA wasn't cut from base game development
>this was one of the first concept art released for Dark Souls 3 before the game even came out

topkek

>The stormruler description says that it is used against greatwood

?

he got his shit mixed up. there's a dev message outside yhorm's gate saying "only a storm can fell the greatwood". that's probably what he's referring to

It's ok, I've done similar mistakes before.

No it wasn't. This concept dates back to August and it was released alongside the batch of DLC art.
AoA is not a rehash of main game area like Royal Woods or Hunter's Nightmare too.

Man, I really liked all corvian stuff in the dlc. The village had a great atmosphere and look. The dialogue by the corvian villager was also very neat.

is soul level 45 and +2 twinkling titanite weapon alright at Cathedral of the Deep? I have Dried Fingers on and nobody is invading me, but I can invade others and occasionally I see summon signs.

>aoa was fully original
>generic snow texture in a big open area with lumps and trees placed a random
>this is 2/3 of your DLC
>do you rike it?

Honestly, the settlement should be as big to cover all the area up to the church, instead of that part with the artorias' underdogs. Villages with places you can enter are the best places in games with exploration, specially if you have to break a window/door/wall to access some of them for secrets, specially if they are kinda spooky. There's a reason Mad Monster Mansion is such a good level.

AoA doesn't becomes less of an original content because you dislike snowy areas.

Snowy areas are my favorites, that's why I know this one was bad. Eleum Loyce was the best DLC for me by far. Even horsefuck valley was good for me.

I thought it was a good snow level.

I think FROM is creating it carefully, it's going to be the coup de grâce of the dying franchise that is Dark Souls.

Then you have a really shit taste on top of missing the point of this reply chain. I'm sorry.

I heard some rumours that it's getting announced in the next couple of weeks after some e-celebs get to preview it.

It was not bad, just empty.

>Even horsefuck valley was good for me

That place was a classic example of Dark Souls' "Road to the boss is tougher than the actual boss".

>just empty

Maybe. It felt the kinda same as Eleum Loyce to me. The two places are themed differently though of course.

I kinda wish the Fishing Hamlet was apart of the Dark Souls universe for some reason.

>decide to guide people from Sully to Anor Londo
>five invaders on the way there
>two of which are aldritch faithful
Equip way of the blue you stupid fuck

>try to invade early game
>run into people with high level phantom friends
This is fun!

eleum loyce is even emptier, especially the outskirts. compare it to something like the painted world of ariamis

Just get the fuck out of his world and he won't be invaded that much.

Wait, can you actually invade someone who has a high level phantom with him?

That's why you have a twink weapon ready just in case. Or for using in every invasion

I put down my sign because I got sick of being afk in the area after Sully boss room waiting for darkmoon summon from something, anything.
Why is this game so fucking bugged in the covenants? Dark Souls 2 was better than this and 2 was shit.

It has significantly more content and encounters than entirety of AotA and much higher quality of those encounters than anything in DS2 DLCs.

>Wait, can you actually invade someone who has a high level phantom with him?
They seem to definitely be quite a bit higher than the person they're playing with and me at least.
>tfw they bow or point down when they kill you
I wanted to see what invasions at lower levels were like since I never invaded until NG+ on my original file.

>spawn already camped
>staggered and r1spammed to death before i gain control of my character
>*bows respectfully*
my favourite meme

They are usually easy to deal with.
Even more scaled ones, they have no HP. The biggest problem is infinite summoning.

how the fuck do you kill primordial serpents? didn't they have infinite HP?

also what the fuck are the Angels?

give them a poison binoculars +10 to eat

I hate how dark buffs turn your weapon into a purple popsicle. it looked stupid as fuck in DaS2 and it looks dumb here

I would equip a untrue dark ring to prevent that but at low SL invasions a ring slot if quite precious.

What I do is just not buff at all. I don't remember why I buffed in this situation, I usually only do it against 100% shield turtles.

The glowing popsicle has been the staple of Soulsborne since DeS and Cursed Dragon Bone Smasher.

Reminder that Dark Souls 3 has the best bosses since 2 had barely any good bosses and 1's were all style no substance.

I don't understand why people take that message so literally when it's meant to be a metaphor. Yhorm is a "greatwood" because he's tall like a tree.

It's not as terrible as in DS2 though.
DS2 buffs were vomit-inducing.

god damn DaS2 is so ugly

It wasn't, there were unfinished items which had their models completely redone. If anything, archdragon peak was probably intended to be dlc only to get thrown in due to its shortness.

Both BB and DS3 have better bosses than anything in earlier Fromsoft games combined.

>and if you look at their wings closely you can see that the flesh beneath the feathers is dark, like the ones of pus of man.
prove it, show me pics

OK

>when the second game looks like it's from 3 generations before the first game

I honestly believe the people responsible for this should be hanged in a public square.

because it's coupled with the fact that SR does nothing against any other giant

does this mean that Yhorm is a DaS2 giant while all the others are DaS1 giants?

BTFO

not only the wings but the arms too

so Gertrude was a blind fuck who looked at a Serpent and thought it was an Angel?

>finally get summoned as a darkmoon for the first time
>host + npc vs. npc + invader
>PGS WA them both
>they instantly die

Holy fuck, that was quick. Now if only I got summoned more. Is it more active around SL100/120?

>Is it more active around SL100/120?

Only if the someone decides to host a shitfest.

Well that sucks. I like the idea of being summoned to defend.

>Primordial Serpent
>creature of pure wild, mutated abyssal darkness
>impart miracles that shine pure white light
>and give everyone magnificent white plumage
something still doesn't add up

It's been theorized that it's the other way around and that Yhorm has a face (which we know) and the masked giants do not. I recently saw a post that claimed to show the holefaced giants in Irithyll but honestly it wasn't very convincing. AFAIK nobody's just looked under the mask like they did with DS1, which seems odd.

There's statues of Frampt as an Angel in archives. He probably showed himself covered in feathers and with an entourage of angel knights and this was enough to make dumb cleric believe that he's a messenger of God. Colour of miracles means nothing given that we already know about one abyssal abomination capable of simply creating them.

man, ds1 without master key is dull as fuck

FIGHT CLUB

"no"

>Colour of miracles means nothing given that we already know about one abyssal abomination capable of simply creating them.
?

All dark miracles.

>lifehunt scythe
>grayish blade
>pillars
>pure white

Yhorm might be a "giant" like the gods of anor londo. Or just a being that became big after getting a lot of souls.

"descendant of an ancient conqueror" could mean he was just born that way and it was his ancestor(s) that became that big through getting a lot of souls.

"ancient conqueror" could mean Vendrick, but that would mean Vendrick's offspring got affected by whatever made Vendrick big(and linked to Giant souls). Could mean the Giant Lord too I guess.

Not entirely related, but whatever.

I'm down for a relatively low level (I'm 68 with a +3 weapon) fight club on ps4 if the host want to wear a way of the blue

Miracles are the manifestation of the caster's belief and the story being told. They are not a reflection of how things really are, just how the caster believes them to be. If Gertrude mistook a Primordial Serpent for an Angel, and wrote a shitload of epic tales about heavenly angels with pure white magic and white feathers and shit, then that's what the miracles would look like -- regardless of the true nature of the Serpent. The fact that the Angel Knights have heavenly feathers layered overtop their abyssal corruption only gives further evidence to this idea.

Miracles are nothing but another form of sorcery limited to bearers of extremely powerful souls. Aldritch manipulates fire and imbues his gravelord sword projection with it despite being extremely weak to fire.
In fact, blessed weapons don't do bonus damage against abyssal beings like pus of man.

WoB doesn't work on signs

>load up DS3
>tired of bullying people on my sl20 twink so I decide to help hosts
>meet a fun host who just wants to bait in swamp and do 2 v 2+ with dark spirits and farrons
>having a blast
>adds me on steam after he finally gets overwhelmed
>we continue to do it
>starts a steam call after beating a few more invaders
>having laughs while having a blast sounds good so I accept
>he sounds normal when greeting, I greet him back
>your a girlwtf
>he starts playing like complete shit all of a sudden and wont stop asking personal questions
>purposely let him get overwhelmed again, point down with the invaders, and remove him from friends

I just want to have fun

Is also has the most fun gameplay.

LONDOR?

I just want you to be the dancer to my pontiff