opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/starworksart/universum-war-front-fps-rts-moba-rpg-in-one-space
love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83409
mtga.azurewebsites.net
vg-resource.com/thread-23507.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is she so cute?

So let's talk about game design no-dev shit.

How much of the 'high concept' design of your game do you really intend and plan out? Do you just create a basic idea to tell a story or create an interesting gameplay loop on a superficial level, or do you go deeper and attempt to create a type of gameplay that really enforces the core theme or experience you are trying to craft?

Do what you want.

>Amature
Triggered.

Solved my issue I asked about earlier.

How potato is this code?

Considering I haven't made a game for 4 years now, I've gotten pretty good at the concepting stage, planning out most everything in advance.

I just want to finish one ;_;

I'm guess that you have to load Monoscripts and not just load the goals directly?

If so then looks good, very few people make use of the removeall with predicate as much as they should

>Discord
Why? They don't want to be affiliated with this thread.

>Using a foreach loop instead of a map

I thought this was no place for amateur programmers.

I just want to make game

you can do it, user

Also, why do I find that pic hilarious?

>1MA makes this
>it's possible
>I can do it too

>it's complete fucking garbage
>I can't do it

Why didn't he just ask for 40k license for his game?

Games Workshop gives it to everyone who asks.

that's a 1MA? I can very hardly believe it.

>I just want to make game
How's that job search going son?

how do i get rid of this depressing foggy feel in my head thats keeping me from making progress?

The map function you're talking about is Select right? Isn't select just the IEnumerable version of foreach?

is there anyway i can rip all the sprites from an emulated SNES game or something? I want some of the sprites from a game called Super putty for the SNES but I can't find a complete sprite sheet for that game anywhere online.

Pic related, its the game I want the sprites from.

I don't even know how to search for a job

Vitamin B, magnesium, Vitamin D. Deficit in any one of them contributes to brain fog.

Yeah, I'm just playing with you.

Think how much fun it would be to work menial jobs for the rest of your life.

That's the kind of motivation that gets you up to dev at 3 am.

Regardless of if you were playing you were still right, I've adjusted the code, thank you

just play it and you will believe it

kickstarter.com/projects/starworksart/universum-war-front-fps-rts-moba-rpg-in-one-space

this is what happens when artist-idea guys make their dream AAA game

Just start doing it. If you are working on it for some time, half to one hour, you'll get into that comfy phase again. Just try to avoid any interruptions.

Pls help

love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83409

what this guy says is truth. Vitamins are undervalued. Gyming and taking vitamins would help IMMENSELY with focus, something I myself need to get ontop of as I have so many unfinished shit that I want to do, start, but never finish. I have hard trouble focusing on one thing and I believe if I start gyming and changing diet/taking vitamins I would be much better off.

Proper sleep is also very important.

>StarworksArt Studio
>myself only
Sounds like some bullshit marketing.

I agree with and I'm sure that if you really dig deep into it you will find that it isn't 1MA.

Would you guys play this trump typing game I made in a hackathon? I had 24 hours don't ask me to clean it up.

mtga.azurewebsites.net

maybe this is my problem, I haven't been outside in months

If you don't want advice on how to clean it up, why do you want people to play it?

>Players total: 26,499 ± 4,425 (85.62%)
Depressing but it's something.
At say $5 after Steam cut/taxes per, still plenty of dollars. Enough to sustain a 1MA.

>I'm sure that if you really dig deep into it you will find that it isn't 1MA.
Oh not this again. Depends entirely where you place 1MA, if you call licensing music or buying assets not 1MA nothing is truly 1MA.

Is coco2d worth looking into?

hey, that's quite fun, actually. Responsive, too.

>making all this art
>no programmer to give it to
feels bad, men

>It's 1MA !
>Except there's some licensing music
>I also bought some assets too
>Marketing is done by someone else btw

inb4 you reply to your own post asking to post art

We can tell

Just to see what people thought, I'll clean it up when I have the time

Thanks!

hey man can you post your art? I'm very interested!

>you didn't build that

obummer pls go, trump is pres now

>It's not 1MA unless you create the universe from scratch

you get a tile editor and break the game apart, if that doesn't help you get an emulator and take screenshots with different bg/sprite layers off or investigate the vram

No, I'd just post it if I was in the mood

Seems suspicious. Just curious or are you working on a game?

Hey dude, we can team up!

The only caveat is I'm not a programmer, I'm more of a concept manager. More of an ideasmith. But if we can find the programmer, then we could just split the work 3 ways equally!

>concept manager
>could just split the work 3 ways equally!

Post concepts

Sounds like you might need a project manager, that's where I can step in

if you spergs made a single asset for every time you post this meme, you'd have a game by now

I really should make some fucking assets. I've got a degree in art. I know how to 3D model. But I've also got crippling self-doubt and anxiety

Jokes on you, I made multiple asset packs and sell them
I only get +20$ month
The packs were make over a weekend each
I'll never make a game
The jokes on me in the end

Same here bro. My body refuses to work on any more models because there is a possibility that they wont turn out good.

hey i'm a programmer! well more of a drag and drop kind of guy, I can work with game maker and unreal blue prints though! actually I can only work if there is a tutorial to follow

Comfy progress!
The claw now works. It goes underwater and comes back up empty-handed. I will of course add some kind of rope or chain later.
Also, I haven't added the treasure checks yet so I'll add those too later today.
I can't wait to get to the part where I code the actual minigame.

>tfw you need to be given an assignment and a teacher grading it to be able to accomplish anything

HOW DO I MAKE A GOOD SHOULDER REEEEE

Do programmers envy artists more or is it the other way around?

You want to see my game?

[spoilerYour playing it[spolier]

Before I knew how to program I was always envious of programmers. What good is making art for video games if you don't know how to make an actual game?

being an artist gets you a fanbase and gets you laid
being a programmer gets you rampaging relatives who need help with turning their computer on and will blame you for the malware they suck in in masses

Game programmers are sad little men secluded in their dark rooms that failed/didn't bother to get an engineering/cs degree and thus a real job.

Artists are outgoing individuals that studied what they loved and get tons of pussy/dick despite being jobless and having to freelance for manchildren making videogames.

What do you think?

So you're telling me artists are coat tail riding normie parasites basically

As an artist, I both envy the programmer for his simple-minded tasks and feel relief that I follow a more creative, fulfilling path than what boils down to something akin to reading instructional manuals.

Also if anyone is looking for art and doesn't harbor any silly notions of being any sort of "ideasmith", hit me up

vg-resource.com/thread-23507.html

post art

can you do shoulders in 3D

I'm interested but first, I need to know a bit about you! What program do you use to make art?

Pyooon

Why do artists constantly keep coming here to offer something but never post an example?

Why did you model you're mom?

this looks cool, keep it up my dude

Why should they, without first knowing about the framework/toolchain the supposed programmer uses?

>for his simple-minded tasks and feel relief that I follow a more creative

I don't even have a reaction image stupid enough for this

it's a meme that climaxes in a victim programmer telling the "artist" his engine/language of choice to which artist always replies "ok that's cool but nevermind, good luck" and everybody laughs at how hilarious it is

No other females around I could use as inspiration. Just kidding.

And why the fuck would they need to know that

the harpoons!

Wow, have you never engaged in a partnership of the mind?

Answer the question.

It's too stupid to even address. We each have our preferences. How is this so difficult for you?

So why does the programmer have say what engine he is using, but you don't have to post your art?

Because programmers are extremely replaceable

In util.lua, instantiate function:
replace
local instance = preset
with
local instance = {}
for k, v in pairs(preset) do instance[k] = v end

All I asked about is just a sample image of an artist's work when they show up. Something quite small and trivial right? And this post is where that lead me

Do you think she is too fat or just fat? Sphere is head proportion

Disgustingly fat.

You'll get the thicc crowd with her.

Perfect. Post booty immediately

I don't know, user, I feel the other way around. Programming is a very relaxing thing to me, because it's objective. If it works it works, and to find the way to make it work is like the best puzzle game ever created. It's just pure fun, and I know that there's an answer and a solution to every problem out there.

Yet art is very frustrating. Even if you do your best, it can still be shit if you measure it with other standards. I loved arts when I was younger, but this feeling of working on something without knowing if it will ever appeal to anyone just kills me now. Not to mention the "practice" meme. How much for how long and how? There's simply no way to tell if you are going to spend the next years or months on this thing before you get any passable results. At least I know that my game works and that's a very good feeling. Even if it's with spaghetti, I have managed to implement physics or some other system. Maybe when I start a new game I'll have enough experience to do it better, but I don't care, because I was able to work and have fun. But with art, you can not work until you get that thing right, and drawing shit is just not fun. You can not have placeholders in your drawings.

Damn, even just thinking about how frustrating art is makes me teary eyed.

certified hambeast

idk what you're aiming for but while the top size is fine the ass/thighs combo is clearly past the thicc line and in the obese territory
there are people who like that stuff, but i'm pretty sure it's a much narrower audience than standard thicc

dos gordo

Or in burger: two fat

God fucking bless you user, I was losing my hope already.

At the risk of seeming like I'm meming, can I ask what language you program in? I've always wanted to get more experience in it, my early impressions were... Not good. You're right in some ways about some ways in which art is frustrating but it can be extremely soothing at times as well.

Programming is a lot more discrete and precise. Art is like a function full of artifacts that depends entirely on the current state of the program and could yield different results for the same input at different times.

I don't want to meme you, but C++.

I came a little. That's beautiful.

>going to do my initial progress post today
FeelsGood
What would you call a fantasy settlement manager, i need game name ideas

look up how real shoulders work, more polygons, blend shapes, or stop giving a fuck and hide them with cloth/armour since even professional games have often shit shoulders if you look too close.