FAQ: pastebin.com/bRNZdkx0

Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/8EkUMikP

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Just Released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

>Upcoming Games

Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Upcoming Events
Drawfag Weekend - Starting 11th February
Theme: Character from JAPAN

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DjCklYstAJo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Kanami

HEIL
MM RUNE
YES

So what questions would people like to ask Tomino-Memo?

I've got a whole bunch.

>Can Kamilla transform into a dragon like Noce and Shichisei and if so, why didn't she transform in Rance VI?
>Why does Gele appear to have a Level Cap in Rance 03?
>Did Millie get her luck from planner?
>Does Millie have Level 3 luck?
>Does loli Nagi have shark teeth because she or Shizuka was pregnant at the time of that spell?
>Who was Daniel's mother and what was she like?
>Did Abert cause Elizabeth's subordinates to betray her?
>Can youkai breed?
>Are Kakusai and/or Dark Heron related to Kanami?
>Did Rance gets his love of seashells from the Female Warrior?

Don't mind me

Mod to recruit mons when

Well we have already proven modding SR is possible

SR Shizuka design>Gyokai
fight me

IX is the best of them all.

Gyoukai has great cgs though.

I like RQM Shizuka.

How time sensitive are events in Sengoku Rance? I had a look at the wiki because I wanted to fight the Youkai in the east.

It says I have to go through one event in their first territory with 3G (which I did) and this should open a new event in the Saitama territory.

However, there is nothing in there except for declaring war on Takeda (yeah right) and prepare for battle.

the notification triggers with a pre-turn event I believe

>Does Millie have Level 3 luck?
It's entirely possible it's Lv2 considering Kojika and Crane.
>Who was Daniel's mother and what was she like?
I don't think that's relevant anymore.
>Can youkai breed?
Not sure if confirmed but I'm pretty sure they can't. Youkai are born from strong emotions not from intercourse.
>Are Kakusai and/or Dark Heron related to Kanami?
Probably not. Her name is Kakusui by the way. It's written with 水.

Wonder what gave birth to Masamune.

>Rance IX
good edition

Probably some samurai honor or something like that.

Apparently MG is going to try for a simultaneous English release for Rance X

It's true, also Quest+Magnum next month and probably IX by May

Maybe you need to own that territory to see that event.

What do you guys do with Int Textbooks, put them on guards or on Magic?

>all these lies
Ah, Ludo, you're back.

user, try harder. Even Rizna wouldn't believe that.

Guards or tacticians.

Is it acceptable to play SR before KR?

Yeah

>Roven-Pan
Did he ever even do anything?

What is the most heartwarming moment in a Rance game?

How is it a dick move?

Giving a license to one game to MG or to Sekai or whoever does not in anyway require you not to deal with anyone or on your own.

Its just business just as Mangagamer delaying the Rance VI fanpatch was just business

Because it's just how things are done. If you have a good working relationship with someone then it's expected that you give them priority in future deals over some new entity who wants to cut in.

Reset interactions with Dark Rance and Feliss

Lelyukov and Pigu

No its not just how things are done. I'm not suggesting that Alicesoft are planning to do this but if they decided to directly release games to the west themselves that would not be a dick move.

That's a bit different, thought you were talking about working with some random group that offered Kickstarter bucks for working with them instead.

In that case it's a bit more acceptable, I guess. Though I imagine MG would still feel somewhat slighted.

And anyway if you look at localization deals in the past it is very rare for someone to run off and start working with a different company after they've already established a relationship with one company. Flowers was noteworthy precisely because that kind of thing was so rare.

What? I don't even remember Copandon appeared in IX. Can you tell me when did this happen?

Everyone who isn't a newfag played SR before KR, because it was translated first.

>quest next month

is this a meme?

>if they decided to directly release games to the west themselves
god help us all

He's lying.

As a eroge, Rance has suprisingly many heartwarming moments.
Hard to choose my favourite, but recently in Rance VI the scene when Alfra continues to smack the gem had got me. I skipped this quest in the Japanese version (I lost motivation to complete the postgame) and now I feel I was so stupid

Is Chaos a one-handed sword or a two-handed sword?

YES

How do I actually fight and defeat Takeda, they just pull shit out of their ass at all turns.

I can't get Kouhime in KTM, right?

What type of damage do the super hannies and the hanny king do? Would it be worth it to throw on the necklaces that reduce that type of damage?

No. The idea is to kill the super hannies quick and the Hanny King will take down anyone bar Patton and Rance in a hit anyway

>Rune is mentioned in Sengoku
This could be good for a question on a Rance quiz.

Pure damage

Rance and Patton can tank one blow if leveled enough tho and using doggo self destruct kills all super hannies.

That is exactly what I said

Correct.

>his/ him
ree

>few seconds after
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He looks like a boy in a dress anyway.
In KR he actually looked like a girl.

Why would Kamilla want a girl?

They don't have shota cocks

Would she like a shota Ryouma?

Possibly. Then again she likes Abert

Well, COCK in his name should've given you a hint.

Proved you wrong

A lot of things are mentioned in Sengoku.

Does the AI in Sengoku boost troop sizes depending on how much money you invest yourself or simply does it continuously?

But then what about Elizabeth?

While I just came to a side-by-side of IX Shizuka and the 03 cg, i have to say that Gyokai's girls just look a bit too "moe" for the girls that benefit from a more mature charm

She is still a teenager in 03

.>a side by side of IX Shizuka and the 03 cg
Good taste user

Elizabeth Laycock
Lay cock

She gets laid by lots of cocks

There's no y.

The fuck is this crap right here.

operation permits make it so that the army will act on its own to capture provinces every turn

I feel bad for Sieg. All he wanted was an honorable match

How faithful is the OVA to 01?

Kopa mercenaries? Where did you get that?

Event at the start of the turn, Rance and 3G are talking about how Rance knows alot of people. I missclicked though so I don't know who send this.

Might have something to do with the fact that I just requested the very last reinforcement unit.

Skips a lot and has shit animation.

As far I can guess Copandon sends you a mercenary unit when you get the permits if none of your units are large enough to use a permit

I've never gone about proving this though.

May require first playthrough/easiest difficulty setting

Welp, fucking shit. If Takeda takes over Hojo you can't get the event for the Youkai war declaration unless you take over that now Takeda territory.

On true history route you get Kouhime with 1000 troops so that wouldn't work on first playthrough. Maybe on other routes, I don't remember not having at least one footman unit with at least 1k troops by the time you get permits.

Sengoku's main setting is JAPAN so it's not a surprise that Fujiwara is mentioned.

I don't have Kou though yet, I'm dragging the event out. It's turn 64 and I'm still at four gourds.

Can I finish the game with level 48 Rance ? I'm about to fight with Kamilla

It's completely faithful, it just skips a lot of content.

Is there the Pulptenks scene at least?

Not completely. The entire sequence of people helping Rance at the end isn't.

>Unit called Kopa mercenaries
>I wonder who sent this!

fuck no

You don't get Kou until a fair bit after you get the permits

I know for a fact that I got Copa mercenaries in my first playthrough

Must've been Patton.

maybe its just a newfag whose is playing Sengoku for the first time

>You don't get Kou until a fair bit after you get the permits
What? No, you have to be really slow for that to happen.

>However, there is nothing in there except for declaring war on Takeda (yeah right) and prepare for battle.
You need to control Saitama, that should really be implicit.

You might not need full control. Many times you can do some of a province's events if you have even a foothold in it.

>What do you guys do with Int Textbooks, put them on guards or on Magic?
I stick them on Rance just because I like his stats to be even. In the early game there's sadly not much use for them, at that point anyone worth using is already at 6 Int or over, although I guess that in pure theory Maeda Toshiie is the optimal early game choice. As for the mid-game, I'm just as clueless outside of Senhime who stats at 5, all you've really got that would even benefit from the book would be Mage units (who are all shit), Andou Kyuuri (who's a likely Diviner Permits anyway), and any generic/early game shit which is already pasts its best before date. In the late game however, you've got the obvious choices of Gon and Teru, along with anyone who you're considering to bring along to your Demon Army fights.

Y'know, it's kinda weird that this subject doesn't get much discussion. This is the first time that I can remember ever thinking about it, although I do remember the somewhat related struggles of trying to making Mikos worth using as healers past the early game and trying to make Mage units anything other than a joke. They were failed experiments.

Yeah the mage units really are worthless, they're not even particularly powerful in dungeon fights. I wish I could pick Uruza right away and skip the other mages.

If they weren't so terribly slow they would be at least decent.

>How do I actually fight and defeat Takeda, they just pull shit out of their ass at all turns.
Blitz them. If you beat them within a small number of turns (3?) then generals never join the fight.

>Does the AI in Sengoku boost troop sizes depending on how much money you invest yourself or simply does it continuously?
I think its both. Check the GameFAQs guide, I rember it having a lot on the subject.

>As far I can guess Copandon sends you a mercenary unit when you get the permits if none of your units are large enough to use a permit
>May require first playthrough/easiest difficulty setting
If memory serves, it's much more generous (I could check my notes if you want). As long as you don't have a Footsolider who is at 1k or over, you get the mercs from Copa immediately after getting the Permits.

Permits are approx turn 60, Kouhime is after route entry, i.e. possibly after turn 90.

>You might not need full control. Many times you can do some of a province's events if you have even a foothold in it.
Well fuck, that's another thing for my to-do list. Although to my memory any coloured evens other than recruited character interactions and events for the relevant house always require a full conquer/vassal.

>Blitz them. If you beat them within a small number of turns (3?) then generals never join the fight.

They took over Hojo, so that isn't really possible. Have to do this in another playthrough really, I don't see how I can beat their generals.

youtu.be/DjCklYstAJo
>magic kingdom of Zit

>If they weren't so terribly slow they would be at least decent.
A massive damage buff might also do it. I remember we used to have a guy who swore by the Mage units. His method for beating 5 Star was to take the SAT Bonus which increases how much you can battle prep from one fan many times, meaning that he'd easily be able to enter castle battles with a 50% Battlefield Effect in his favour. Allegedly this made his Mages absolute beasts at taking down enemy Foots. I think how Guard treats magical attack might've also been relevant.

>They took over Hojo, so that isn't really possible. Have to do this in another playthrough really, I don't see how I can beat their generals.
Pro tip: You only need to conquer Takeda's original land to defeat their house and hence take all of their land.

Is this your first playthrough? You shouldn't be posting for help here. It's more fun if you do it blind.

I'm still here.

Guards don't get any bonuses against magic attacks besides their usually low int stat. It's a big factor in the strategy relying on damage from warriors.

How good is that battle prep really, any special shit to set this up properly?

>Guards don't get any bonuses against magic attacks
Isn't there something like "Guarding halves all physical damage, but not magical"?

>How good is that battle prep really, any special shit to set this up properly?
It takes a lot of SAT bonuses before its worthwhile, I wouldn't recommend it. By the time you've got that much SAT, I've probably got Dousan+Uruza+Natori and therefore don't need to care about castles any more.