Hey Veeky Forums, first time here, be gentle

Hey Veeky Forums, first time here, be gentle.
I took a look at the sticky, but the options there are significantly below my budget - I'm looking for something closer to but no more than $20K, an SUV with AWD. What I'm considering right now are:
Toyota RAV4
Honda HRV/CRV
Hyundai Tucson
Subaru Crosstrek
I've test-driven each of them at the local lots, and I can't choose. They all felt more or less the same to me, and I don't really know what to look for.
Are there items on my list I should toss out, or should I add items? Perhaps one of them stands out as the best? My parents recommended that I avoid American makes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2mhuPe7cV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Toyota RAV4
Overpriced
>HRV/CRV
CVT
>Subaru Crosstrek
CVT

Tucson best choose.

>buying a crossover
Post tits. Only women buy crossovers.

What's wrong with CVT?

Repair costs, shitty to drive, loud drone

>an SUV with AWD.
None of those are SUV's. They are all crossovers. Please put your domineering wife on the thread so we can attempt to talk her out of this horrifying purchase, because you clearly are not man enough to stand up to her.

>gook shit

why not get a truck? the current market is pretty lacking when it comes to SUVs. American trucks are bretty good too so you'll have more options to choose from

They are all cuckold/soccer mom SUVs why do you want one
Get Full-size sedan they have plenty of cargo room or get a truck and put a bed cover so you have a lot of cargo room

Mazda CX-5

i'm a big guy and i'll be driving through a lot of snow. i really liked my 2006 4runner from 5 years ago, but i'd like something more fuel efficient.

for you

I was going to take this post seriously until
>i'm a big guy
[spoiler]4 u[/spoiler]

you live in civilization don't you? they plow the roads don't they? just get a fucking sedan.

Just fucking get a sedan/hatchback and put in some winter tires, and call it a day.

Why the fuck are you not considering a Forester if you're already looking at AWD RAV4/CRV/Tucson? The Subaru Crosstrek is not in the same class as the others, except the HRV.

In any case, the correct answer is motherfucking Subaru, because it's the only one among the cars you listed that has an AWD system that will actually make a difference.

Range Rover

>they plow the roads don't they?
Sure, but not 24/7.

>put in some winter tires
Too much work, I'll settle on an SUV that comes AWD.

Forester costs a bit too much, if I recall correctly.

I don't know anything about cars guys I'm so sorry ;_; If you guys posted more detailed suggestions, maybe I could switch over to a sedan, but I prefer looking down on other cars and people

>Too much work, I'll settle on an SUV that comes AWD.
>I would rather slide around on 4 steel donuts rather than 2 sticky rubber tires.

if i needed sticky rubbers i would reach into your mom
it's not winter year round anyways

>Winter tires:
>buy some shitty steel wheels
>pay a guy to put winter tires on them
>jack up and swap when the season hits

>AWD SUV:
>difficult parking, sky high fuel expenses, AWD maintenance costs when shit breaks

Not the cuck OP, I've been thinking about a 2009 Forester XT Limited

Is this a bad idea? I don't want my dick to fall off. Flannel doesn't look good on me either.

>jack up and swap when the season hits
i don't think you guys understand, i just want to get a car and drive it around and take it to it's 10K or 5K mile maintenance whenever that arrives
i'm not a hobbyist, i'm not looking for a slick deal, i'm not looking to rice out my car, i'm not looking to have to worry about getting jacked and swapping tires, i just want a car that works with a decent warranty

Bugger the SUV bit and get yourself a WRX with roof racks. That'll feel different, like a real kick in the ass. You've got power enough not to struggle on the highway and you'll be laughing in the snow.

youtube.com/watch?v=q2mhuPe7cV8

Ask Tyrone to change the tires when he comes by to see your wife's son.

You know that Crosstrek is offered in manual? Good vehicle desu

>implying i have a wife with a son
>implying i have a wife
i'm well on my way to wizardhood. i've almost fallen off the wagon a few times, but i've remained steadfast.

get this op

>manual
>real awd
>just a lifted impreza wagon
>gutless 2.0l for empeegees

Let's do a little math then.
In cold weather, normal tire rubber compound gets too hard to properly grip, now add in snow and ice, or even liquid water.
>I'll have AWD!
Right, you'll have twice as many cold, gripless tires. What's 2x0 again? Oh...

Stay strong brother, wizard powers are imminent

If you're not an enthusiast why are you here? The warranty is nothing special. Pretty much everyone has 100k powertrain warranty. Besides, all these crossovers are fwd until it slips, making them worthless in slick conditions.