Is German auto engineering a meme at this point? It seems like anything made after 1995 is more hassle than it's worth

Is German auto engineering a meme at this point? It seems like anything made after 1995 is more hassle than it's worth.

Part of good engineering is reliability. Modern German cars are like ex-strippers with personality disorder. Fun during the 15% of the time when they're functioning, otherwise a headache.

Other urls found in this thread:

autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-mercedes-a-klasse-200.000-kilometer-dauertest-11112743.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

German cars have decent reliability.

They're built with krauts in mind, not burgers. You're supposed to maintain it meticulously.

this
germans are autistic, therefore their cares need autistic maintenance

Le mans

They also market to autists.

Lexus good feels again

Porsche is doing pretty well too. Do you suppose it's because they're well built or because the average Porsche owner will actually take care of their car?

It might also be a function of low miles. I'm betting the average 2007 Porsche has a lot few miles than the average 2007 BMW or Mercedes

>not a slav
>BMW does not have bondo and a salvage title

Le German reliability meme

What is:

>dieselgate
>DSG7
>Bmw N47 engines eating turbos and blowing up
>1.4 TSI "engine of the year" for 3 years and then discontinued because 100% unreliable
>1.2 TSI faulty distribution
>Bought car of the year scandals
>Mercedes using Renault diesels for the top selling powerbands in EU (German reliab- French reliability in this case but you know the charts don't know this fact)

Also, usual DSG gearbox dead:

autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-mercedes-a-klasse-200.000-kilometer-dauertest-11112743.html

According to Volkswagen, when the guy took the car for a control they said - as they always do - that it was the state of the art. After X days it broke and the guy had to pay > 1000€.

>Base model automatic
>No bbs
There it is, I always wondered how he never got laid.

>infotainment glitches on par with total engine failure

JD is a meme unless you specifically isolate for powertrain.

>ferd BTFO as usual

IT NEVER ENDS

>Mazda
AHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

No, they fucking don't. They're garbage.

OP is correct.

The problem there is you are looking at brands not German engineering. Look at BMW or VW by manufacturing country and the German made ones have much better reliability than the US or Mexican ones.

Germans can't into plastics and rubber. Everything made of those materials (most of the car these days) disintegrates and falls apart.

Calm down, all BMW's have Bondo on them.
>I know because I have to fix the underside of every single front bumper they pull off the truck before it goes to the sales floor.

Germans have the most precise and durable plastic ever.
Wanna know who has the worst?
>Chevy
>Hyundai
>Ford
in that order.

lool man no.

Had E46, all rubber parts where rotting away while everything made of plastics became brittle as glass.

Now have shitty euro ford focus and plastics/rubber is very good.

>more than 3 years old
I found your problem.
I work on only newer vehicles so I wouldn't know about your poorfag shit.

>Having to work on 3 years old vehicle

That's what I'm trying to say you

>JD power

Kill yourself

burgers have no idea what that is

How can you find that out?

>what is BMW N47
it's a 10 year old engine discontinued years ago.

according to that graph german cars still do have decent reliability.

Nah man, my E46 was German and everything was still falling apart.

Only had one american car - Chrysler Stratus, think those are actually Dodge in US? I know this car is not known as most reliable in US but I had much better luck with it than BMW.

Holy fuck I've had both cars too, the Chrysler Stratus (owned 2 of them) was a horribly unreliable shitbox that drank tons of fuel.
I've owned 4 E46's so far, they had minor problems such as worn suspension bushings.

>discontinued

No you delusional faggot it's still produced and used even on Mini models.

Also it doesn't matter if it's 10 years old because it has been proven to been reliable for years...but memeability charts for faggots don't report that, I wonder why.

Also Tesla NEVER appears in said charts. Gee how's that possible?

*it has been proved to be unreliable

You retard the N47 has stopped production in 2014. Get your shit straight before calling others out fucktard.

My mom's 2015 Mazda 3 has died on her like three times haha. Infotainment system fucks up too. Zoom zoom!

No problems yet changed E46 4 times?

Don't know man, car that I drove most of my life was Civic and I only needed to buy it once.

Average reliability != "Superior German Engineering"

It's average engineering + most expensive parts. So basically a money pit to own. Wow, thanks Krautcucks!

>Fiat more reliable then Nissan or Ford.

How?

Last time I checked they are designed to last 10years
>at 10k km a year
>lifetime of a new car is 100k km
And I guess that they are breaking right when they are supposed to is good engineering, not customer friendly but good

Based Porsche

Probably both

I get bored of cars quick.
I've also bought cars for cheap to resell them.
I just turned 21 and I've owned 10 cars so far

Superior in terms of luxury and driving pleasure they bring
It is worth spending some extra money to drive a superior german machine with a good design not some redneck garbage.

>Superior in terms of luxury

Absolutely not. Jap cars are nicer

>and driving pleasure

Get a sport model of a Jap car and it's the same thing desu

Only thing Germans offer is full size daily drivers in manual, which America/Japan has given up on.

RAM should say CUMMINS

>tfw every time i take apart my dash it goes back together with fewer and fewer plastic clips holding it together

>jap cars are more luxurious
>certain people on Veeky Forums actually believe this
christ.

manlets

You're telling me a BMW is more luxurious than a Lexus? Are you delusional?

>BMW
Try Mercedes you teenager

Nicest materials used:
>Audi
>Merc
>Lexus
>BMW
>Acura
>Infiniti

Feel free to rearrange.

>audi
>first in anything
lol

>actually thinks 3-Series is more luxurious than an A4
Lol

>actually thinks a VW with extra leather deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Mercedes, BMW or Lexus
lol

Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and VW are all in the bottom half. The only reliable German manufacturer is Porsche.

3 series is on par with lexus IS
5 series is more luxurious than GS
7 series is more luxurious than LS

>Audi anywhere near the top

And Mitsubishi is near the top. Didn't stop me from spending $2000 on a $3000 on a Lancer I only owned for a year

God what a piece of shit that car was

Well, someone has to get unlucky user.

>3 series is on par with lexus IS

Spotted the delusional faggot at its best.

3 Series has plastic everywhere, also has some very luxurious details such as seats rails completely exposed while the IS, as all the Lexus, has them covered.

Do you want to talk about cabin's acoustic isolation?

>you won't

100% premium

>DAT DAKOTA LEATHER made from scraps

>Look at BMW or VW by manufacturing country and the German made ones have much better reliability than the US or Mexican ones.
South Carolina BMWs had some of the lowest defects of all of BMWs manufacturing. Mexico is shit though.

The nation with the best manufacturing record is Finland.

P R E M I U M
R
E
M
I
U
M

Lmao what?
Is this shit supposed to be ''better''?

That center console is 2001 - nissan maxima tier, holy fuck how do you even defend this?

And BMW is not even supposed to be the ''most luxurious'' German brand, tried to cherrypick but the ''most luxurious'' jap brand isn't even near the mid-range BMW in terms of luxury.

Based lexus. But how is kia higher than hyundai when they use the same powertrains? My wifes hyundai even has kia and hyundai markings on some of the parts

They have a couple of different models completely exclusive to each brand that affects the average. To me, that suggests Hyundai was probably already a high 3 bordering on 4.

It's surely better made.

t. a faggot defending a car that has the same gauges and console since 40 years

Besides the analogue clock, I like it better than the new X1 my family has...

>as rated by faggots who repair their vehicles at mechanics.

They're built with the idea that routine maintenance will be strictly adhered to... which it's usually not after a few years if you're not German.

If he was going for guys, they might spot the difference. Women don't know the difference between a door and a gas pedal.

At least you Burgers don't have to deal with French engineering,working on those cars is a fucking nightmare.

>thinks Audi isn't luxurious simply because VW exists

>tfw gm will never put another ls engine in a car that isn't a hilarious plastic bath tub.

>He thinks Lexus has better interiors than Audi

Shit on VAG all you want but Lexus has been pumping out some bland ass Lincoln Town Car tier interiors for the last 15 years.

I've owned German cars for the last 16 years. never had any issues. You guys read forums too much. People only post about problems on the internet. I wouldn't buy any car if I relied on auto forums..

Genius of the 4.2 is in its simplicity. All these cucks pushing the 3.0T... LOL

Are those 4.2s reliable? I've heard of people swapping Audi V8s into Boxsters because they bolt right up to the transaxles