>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY&t=133s
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Barbarians

IF YOU IZ TA BECOME SHOGUN
MIL'TRY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

>Spanish barbarians complaining about barbarians
It's like pottery.

Spain is proud Romano-Punic nation, okay.

nth for Europa Barbaorum

G O B L I N S

It's been some time, ROLLAN!

dwarves would never attach a goblin to a projectile in real life as it would completely mess up the trajectory. please delete this image

Holy fucking shit the Empire's infantry is shitty as fuck. How do I deal with the early game?

Empire isn't about fighting rocks with rocks. Its the fact that you have the most options. Empire infantry is there to keep the other shit alive, not win the game.

WITNESS MY BEATY

CRUSADES
R
U
S
A
D
E
S

>GS, Halberds and even swordsmen beat 70% of enemy units
>not there to win the game

just by virtue of it being there to hold a line it's OP.

CRUSADES?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH WOME

I'm not saying they are bad but its usually what the infantry are protecting/holding that wins the matches. High damage, low AP infantry can really shine gutting through a state troop formation.

Cav, handgunners, magic and artillery will do the damage you need. State troops are to make sure they get their good scenarios. Chaos are the opposite idea, everything is to support the warriors

Our Angrund flyboys begrudging Karaz-Ankor groti

And my point is that the fact that their infantry can hold the line against a melee centric faction is OP. Their infatry should die fast against chaos forcing the Empire player to keep his range mobile, protected and distract using the cavalry and magic at his disposal. Currently you can sit there (which dwarfs can't do) and do everything at leisure. They also have near matchless melee flyers.

Well the balance isn't there yet for sure. The disorder factions all kind of got the shit end of the balance stick for some reason aside from Vamps who have been CA's little pet forever.

It used to be far worse with how GS used to perform. And how damn cost effective and spammable demis were.

>Total War Warhammer Old World Edition releases 28th February

So is it safe to say we're probably not getting Bretonnia before then?

Get over here you little bastard!
We still have a score to settle.

Greenskins and Chaos are both better than stunties.

most likely yes
just fuck my shit up

certainly, but its not just about balance, it's that CA have preconcieved ideas baout what each faction should be that won't translate into total war games. It's party due to them copying 8th edition which is cancer as far as infantry goes but also part of how they balance infatry against monsters and overwhelming units. They also need to make factors like armour and unit health more important. Wth dwarfs for instance, you should never want to charge them unless you expect to be held up for a long time taking steady losses.

Stunties got a lot better recently, grumbling guard into Runelord/Runesmith and you win every attrition war with vigor/leadership aura, and the runes. People take them on ladder and tournaments. The WElf """"""""fix"""""""" really fucked over that match up but its still winnable for the dwarf.

I am really happy with Chaos coming back from the trash bin it was in. Greenies have always been solid but never the best.

Yeah, the runeblob is their only viable schtick. Greenskins can get lucky with black orcs sometimes. Chaos are more reliable against them because they can flying/shaggoth goon squad to squish the lord and heroes.

It ain't beard starts playing

Skarsnik pls

COME ON BABY TAKE A CHANCE WITH US

AND MEET ME AT THE BACK OF THE BLUE BUS

IM NO GUILDSMAN SON

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY&t=133s

Dear /twg/,
today I learned that you can disband units under siege. Including lords.

I wonder how many brave generals I could have saved from death if I knew this beforehand.

Also my archlector almost soloed a WE stack, holy shit I'm glad I was able to retire him before they took the town.

Flying goon squad is the best way of dealing with it by picking off a smith. You can't let 2 or 3 left in the end. Greenskins could use a couple more hero/lord options (black orc leadership).

I wouldn't mind being able to upgrade blocks on infantry to larger sizes, some RoR do this as a feature but it'd be nice to be able to shove more numbers. Also a necessity for upcoming factions (Skaven).

Didn't 8th ed nerf everyone but infantry? I know cav and skirmishers got a little weaker IIRC

Axe throwers are pretty strong

>And thats when Dawi Bardin realised his grudges will never be settled.

Smart... for a dwarf.

What the fuck is this, some gobbo just assassinated Grombrindal and I had no legendary lords to replace him with

My army just fucking vanished and apparently the non-existant Thorgrim will take another 4294967259 turns to recover

Just give up now stunties.

Now that's some mighty stabbin' right there.

DEY WONT FEEL A THING

WHICH IS A PITY

HALF THE FUCKING MAP DECLARED WAR ON ME ALL OF A SUDDEN

INCLUDING LONG TIME ALLIES

AND I GOT EVERY SINGLE NAP CANCELLED

WHAT THE FUCK

What game?

Did you colonize with your only big army?

What's your rep?

>king has led the same army for 55 years and won 66 battles with them

what a fucking animal

I think it will come back with the lord.

Warhammer, playing as Empire.

I literally have no idea what it was, I didn't disolve any particularly strong armies, just some smaller patrol one.

Then suddenly
>Dwarves have neded their nat with you
>Kislev has ended their trade with you
>Ostermark has ended their nat with you
>Vampire Counts has declared war on you
>Your allies refused to help you (except Middenland, thanks Boris)
>Karak Hirn has declared war on you
>Wood Elves has declared war on you
>Ostermark has declared war on you
>Karak Fuck Your Mother has declared war on you

What the FUCK. Not even 20 turns before they were all begging for non aggrestion treaties.

Means you are untrustworthy. Maybe you betrayed someone

>The ghost of Marienburg chuckles in the distance

I don't even know how it happened. I've been trying my hardest to not break any treaties of any kind. Was it because two of my allies declared war on each other?

>Top Knotz declare war for literally no reason
>Send THREE (3) fucking doomstacks on turn fucking 7
>This is all that remains by the end
Everything that isn't standing in front of this fucking camera is dead. What a bloodbath. Armbreaker is a git and probably a gobbo too. Wuurzag and Spleenrippa ok not Armbreaker and gobbos. Praise Gork (and Mork).

God damn it, it was my allies declaring war on Marienburg, who was my vassal, isn't it? I entered war on their side then immediately revasalized Marienburg so I wouldn't have to deal with that shit every time. Did that actually lower my trustworthiness? Fuck this.

Why did I fucking vasalize Marienburg, I should have held Gorssel myself and stop overcomplicating it.

>didn't 8th nerf everyone but infantry

exactly, which is why CA haven't got infantry balanced. The horde rule was a massive upgrade for infantry and monsters got thunderstomp to preserve them as anti-infantry since having 6+ attacks in stats is pretty overwhelming in the combat phase. Still horde was an overpowered way of making cheap shitty infantry durable and capable of leeching enemy units.

Sounds about right, with Empire its usually something with Marienburg since people always want the money from the port.

I wouldn't mind some hordes being more swampy with their basic main-line infantry. Greenskin (not black orc spam), Beastmen, and Chaos Marauders are low tier armies that are useless due to the under performance of their core units relying so heavily on crutches since around 70% of the army will not do anything aside from dying.

Gors, Marauders, boyz, etc. should die, but they should do a lot more damage than they do and make a contribution that you actually have to think about and plan for.

I'm not sure what the answer is but hordes need something like 8th ed to help them out in TWW, Aspiring Champs were a good start and marauder builds were able to do something for the first time.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533

Reminder to culturally enrich this general with my mod.

This is why the Badlands need the Wood Elfs.
The orcs are just savage and killing each other.

I propose Durthu should gather an army and head into the Badlands.

>February 28, 2017

Oh come the fuck on. Well, guess I'll be taking a break until then.

Durthu will invade everywhere eventually. Fuck bastards always take over half the planet before I smack them down when I play orcs.

Whats the sauce on that?

that was the given release date for the old world addition when it was originally announced, user is implying that we won't get brettonia until old world edition is launched, which seems likely based on CA's silence

>bought civ vi when it came out
>only 56 hours played on it
>bought shogun 2 during winter sale
>almost 100 hours played on it

On all the official channels I see FEB 2017, which yes that was thrown out there when that was announced. But where did the 28 come from.

If you do a google 'shopping' search for the old world edition most store sites are giving the release as the 28th.

Friend of mine manages a Gamestop, said street date is the 28th, they'll be getting them in the next ~3 weeks.

Why CA decided to hold Bretonnia hostage for this is beyond me. What a stupid fucking idea.

>cut off the grave guard looking back

Bad cover.

Anyone up for a wood elf mod just like my empire one?

>game is about bretonnia being launched
>wanting a photobombing skelly.

But muh Mousillon

it will come soon.

Here's the plan.

Instead of building wide to survive as the woodelves. You can build tall for more building slots.

Ok, thanks. Last Tuesday possible which is kind of to be expected with a major release honestly.

Holding Brets back for that release make sense because it builds hype for the release, also that means the Bret patch and the OW balance patch is the same.

It will be fun to read through what is going into this patch.

>Skaven having more than 120 units on large

Yeah I don't think so retard

>turns until available: 4294967259

Listen now, let me tell you about Saladin.

A Skaven can shove 100 dudes in a block for less than a vampire lord in a TT game. If the numbers game still sucks that entire faction will be shit and not work.

Same reason beastmen don't work now and Greenies rely on black orc crutches.

Is there any attila mod that turns the "Nordic Heavy Marauder" unit into a land unit? I like the way the unit looks, the Viking Raiders look like shit compared to it.

The way I see it, it could just add more effects to the already existing buildings

>muh bretonnia

who GIVES a fuck about Empire 2: Electric Boogaloo feat. more Knights and worstelf cuckry

where are the god damn best elves

>wanting mary sue elves

fuck off

Oh damn son this building is legit

>>Skaven having more than 120 units on large
>Yeah I don't think so retard
why is this a bad thing for skaven?

WHERE IS NAGASH

Any idea how much it's going to cost and will it include all the DLC?

Only FLCs are included

>Rib Peaks

Today I have learned a very valuable lesson. Alliances suck major dick. Your allies WILL declare war on each other and WILL make you untrustworthy, which will fuck up your diplomacy towards everyone, no matter what.

Just like having friends in real life, huh?

I see.

WAIT THERE'S MORE

and an exclusive novella, ‘The Prince of Altdorf’ by Total War Writer Andy Hall.

Alright folks, rate my kingdom

Operation: WE wuz a massive success, and we are now rolling in money after consolidating the former egyptian territories, with aegyptos itself making us over 13k per turn even with corruption at around 60%. Currently working on taking over the rest of asia minor.

Baktria, the 2 remaining steppe factions, and knossos are all satrapies, meaning that the east is locked down, and the mediterranean is safe thanks to the cretans + my military alliance with the hellenic league. (unfortunately I can't levy cretan archers in dei, thinking about getting a submod to allow it but i don't know how badly it screws up the reforms)

As for trade I'm currently sending a fleet out towards spain/up to britain to look for trading partners, hopefully rome hasn't blobbed up too badly in barbarland

My faction leader who has overseen this massive expansion is an 80 year old king who has served with his men in the frontlines for almost 60 years, fighting on foot in a phalanx in 3 different continents

weaker units aren't just there for the one on one.

The good thing about weaker low leadership troops is that even if they break they'll probably rally with 50% of their health left.

increases their mobility and adds a wave mechanic of getting several charges in especially if you do have a dependible core to hold the enemy main line in place.

after playing skarsniks campaign and some online battles i have new respect for goblin units.

>not wanting Rome to be a giant blob so there is any challenge at all in the end game

I once saw somewhere that you could attack a tribe you awakened as chaos to make them vassals and get some income, is it still possible? Is there any downside?

>wake up
>still no MKTW campaign

Is that the same author who wrote that awful novel that came with rome 2?

he didn't work for ca then

If a unit is routing its not doing anything for you. That unit isn't fighting in the mosh pit, its not flanking your enemy, its not contributing. When your unit routes I now have another resource to shore up another front of the fight and if I have a cheap fast attacker they get free kills as your units as they just get eaten. And with those armies there is no "dependable core" those guys running away in the first 3 minutes were that core.

Weaker units are to hold shit down as long as they can for the big boyz to do the smashing. But if they can't achieve good combat with another low-tier unit, they won't have a prayer holding for long against something scarier long enough to pay off.

Should they do fantastic, no, but they need to do their job better than the current state.