Coolest warriors?

coolest warriors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xELN9MB2WU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The answer is always the savages.

Pic related, PNG tribal warfare today. Absolute mad men.

In an age where they can readily get firearms they choose to war with bow and arrows, because tribal warfare is what they do.

youtube.com/watch?v=xELN9MB2WU0

caroleans. they walk up point blank range until they can see the white in their enemie eyes, give them a volley of gunfire, then charge armies 3x the size of them.

dem beards

>russias cosplaying as swedes

fuck off

Worked out real well in the end.

it did actually, the swedes just made the mistake of invading russia >.>

Weren't they mainly German or Scottish and not actual Swedes?

m8 you got a serious case of trips

Caroleans were swedes drafted directly from Swedish heartland. The meme Polandball you see is referencing to mercenaries Gustav used during 30 years war. Which makes no sense because everyone used mercenaries back then and Swedes were acknowledged as great warriors and Gustav was studied and admired by people such as Frederick the Great and Napoleon.

Here, I listed them all

That Robert de Bruce face

>no Persian cataphracts
You dun goofed, faggot.

>irrelevant middle easterners

lmao

I always thought Normans were pretty cool guys. Eh kills saracens/english and doesn't afraid of anything

ÉIRE
I
R
E

byzantine cataphracts?

>roman soldier
>italian flag
>Not the Roman SPQR or eagle or wolf flag
bleh
>knights templar
>french tricolor
>Japanese emperial era solider (only see one scabbard so maybe ashigaru, not samurai???)
>not the imperial seal of flag of the shogun
>German soldier from WW2
>German flag instead of Nazi
kys

those are two of my god damned favorite words

>eternal butthurt anglo
kek

I'd rather get shot by a rifle than be impaled by a an arrow to be honest.

No to mention their arrows are probably coated in some god awful substance.

Seconded

opriniks
tartar cavalry archers
manchurian cavalry archers
mongolian cavalry archers
xiongu cavalry archers
hungarian cavalry archers
portuguese dragoons
dutch ruyters
hoplites

>cataphract memes

This is also an age where they don't have to kill each other for sport in the first place...

>video titled tribal fighting
>no actual fighting takes place
disappointing desu

you mispelt cataphract

Spartans

he also misspelled kebab

Really, no Spartans?
Yeah they're kind of meme warriors but if you put aside the shitty pop culture around them they were undeniably, objectively, cool.

but thats a macedonian phalanx

The Emperor's Winesacks. A buncha drunken slavs whose loyalty was bought with drink.

eh same thing
alexander the great was macedonian

The United States Marine.

Legendary.

The Few
The Proud
The Marines

Spartans never used phalanx themselves nigga

Semper Fi

So Persian cataphracts then. Since they basically copied the Persian ones anyway.

Retard.

I always liked the Sassanids more than the Achaeminids. Check out the badass clothing of this Spahbed. The Sassani cataphracts were, indeed, cooler, but I like the elegance of the Spahbed clothing too.

>not understanding the picture

it's historical soldiers of modern day countries

Spahbed was basically a field commander, usually a noblemen from a high ranking aristocratic family iirc in the Achaemenid, Arsacid, and Sassanid empires. Hence why they'd have weapons but not wear armor since they'd be directing their army, not fighting at the front lines.

I FUCKING bet that 10 marines can take on 1000 of any of the other faggots posted in this thread.

Marines are war machines. Ready to kill any time. Ready to die but never do.

100 to 1 last thing u ever c k

I would pay $100 to see some marines take on any army before the early modern period. Would be entertaining af

Lithuanian nobles of late 15th century

north sea glory

>So Persian cataphracts then. Since they basically copied the Persian ones anyway.

No, they are uniquely Byzantine.
with your line of thinking one could argue that every modern firearm belongs to the first man to throw something because it is essentially the art of attacking from a distance.

Saxons are only good at killing briton peasants

>imblygin

fucking cringe

u wot.

I've watched a few doccos about PNG and their tribal warfare mostly seems to be about intimidation than actual battle, like a wolf staring down a coyote.

The tribal warriors gather in packs opposite each other, shoot a few arrows, and scream, hoot, and generally make racket towards eachother, while perhaps a few braver men might try to rush out and physically assault one of the enemy's more alpha specimens.

Usually this process continues until one side runs, though there are rarely any severe casualties or fatalities. When one tribe does manage to kill any number of an opposing tribe, the victorious warriors will feast on the cooked flesh of their defeated foe.

And yes, somewhere deep in the untouched jungles of PNG, these societies are alive and well.

Not the macedonian phalanx but the regular all greeks used. Really without long ass spears phalanx isn't really that special.

The Spartans did you the pike for a short while.

They just didn't have the numbers of warriors to match anyone by that point.

Mind you this is when they started using the half spartan free citizens for full time military service because the number of actual Spartans was only around a couple thousand by that point.

it doesn't need any nasty substances when it looks like this. these things are designed to literally rip your guts out.

I believe that is a russian, not a byzantine. Byzantine cataphracts used padded jackets over their armour.

Actually the Spartans did use the Macedonian phalanx later. The Macedonians still blew them the fuck out however.

Is that a plague doctor?

>The Few

180,000 active personnel.

Fragmenting bullets inflict much nastier wounds than arrows, even barbed ones.

>eh same thing
No.

>no one posting Mongols

Are you guys serious?

I think these guys look quite cool. I would pick viking berserkers, but they're quite cliché and I couldn't find any pictures that weren't cringy.

>ctrl+f
> NO oven man

Have to agree with Caroleans. They were stylish, brave and exceptionally competent, very well drilled and disciplined.

Tercios where the real players man. True warriors fighting in true wars.

Ayo hol up, we wuz khanz an sheet

>eh same thing

most false statement on Veeky Forums

Literally, unironically, and objectively this.

They were fly as fuck, OP in the time period, and they won what was likely the most significant single battle in the 17th century for Europe in a spectacular and decisive fashion.

>The battle began after dawn. The French army attacked, but the French infantry in the centre were bested by the Spanish. The cavalry on the French left, advancing against Enghien's orders, was also thrown back. But the cavalry on the French right, under the command of Jean de Gassion, routed the Spanish cavalry opposite. Enghien was able to follow this up by attacking the exposed left flank of the Spanish infantry. Spanish cavalry made a successful counter-attack to drive off the French cavalry, but were checked by the advance of the French reserve.

>Enghien now carried out a huge cavalry encirclement, sweeping behind the Spanish army and smashing his way through to attack the rear of the Spanish cavalry, which was still in combat with his reserves. The Spanish horse was put to flight, leaving the Spanish infantry to carry on the fight. The French were twice repulsed by the stubborn Spanish squares, so Enghien arranged for his artillery and captured Spanish guns to blast them apart.

>The German and Walloon tercios fled from the battlefield, while the Spanish remained on the field with their commander, repulsing four cavalry charges by the French and never breaking formation, despite repeated heavy artillery bombardment. Enghien then offered surrender conditions just like those obtained by a besieged garrison in a fortress. Having agreed to those terms, the remains of the two tercios left the field with deployed flags and weapons

>berserkers
>cringy
ur just pussy

Why do vikingboos never get the details right in pictures of their >le epic pagan warriors?

Why would Anglos be butthurt over Iran? Anglos cucked Iran twice

there's nothing wrong with the details you little pissfuck

There is nothing wrong with details because berserkers weren't a thing. "Berserkers" were similar to knights in that some Norse men-at-arms wore animal pelts to distinguish themselves from the common rabble. Also they wore chainmail like any that would go viking and could effort it did.

>Also they wore chainmail like any that would go viking and could effort it did.

Holy fuck what did I just say?

Also they wore chainmail like any norse that would go viking and could afford it did.

you couldn't be more wrong maybe you should shut your mouth if you don't know what youre talking about

>4 belts
>random leather bracers
>guy looks like he had access to diet that would be inaccessible to most people
>no mail even though he can afford that sort of diet
>using two axes instead of an axe and shield

This is so retarded. Norsemen that could afford a mail used a mail, if they were raiding they would want to get one if they could afford it. They also carried shields, all of them did.