Pontiac GTO

Why are Pontiac GTOs (the 2000's Australian imported ones) so underrated by everyone including the insurance company?
I was looking for a cheaper competitor to the car I was looking at (2010 Camaro SS) and I found one of these
>400 HP
>3,700 Lbs
>muted design
>hideous front end

It's faster in a straight line despite being 5 years older and having an LS2 compared to the Maro's LS3, and the biggest kicker is I can insure the fucker for 1-0-8 dollars a month. For comparison, the Camaro was going to put me in 144 a month, and I pay 118 a month for liability and uninsured on my DD.
What the fuck is going on?
Anybody own one?
Should I get it? I really think I should

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=449459353&zip=75149&modelCode1=GTO&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=75149&modelCode1=GTO&showcaseOwnerId=0&mmt=%5BPONT%5BGTO%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&startYear=1981&makeCode1=PONT&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=GTO&searchRadius=25&makeCodeList=PONT&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&makeCode1=PONT&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&searchRadius=25&makeCode1=PONT&modelCode1=GTO
images.autotrader.com/hn/c/0a65e96ead4247e197ab02a2415289c5.jpg
ebay.com.au/itm/BUNDABERG-RUM-Sticker-180-x-130-mm-printed-decal-bundy-bear-/182444717404
ebay.com.au/itm/Southern-Cross-Such-is-Life-Aussie-Australian-Car-Sticker-230mm-/390519464322?hash=item5aecc62182:g:xm4AAOSwgQ9VtOC1
ebay.com.au/itm/Eureka-Flag-Southern-Cross-aussie-ute-bns-Car-Sticker-165mm-/252016147276?hash=item3aad553b4c:g:8p4AAOSwT6pV5EbD
ebay.com.au/itm/300mm-Southern-Cross-Aussie-Car-Ute-Sticker-Any-Colour-/252663344751?hash=item3ad3e8ae6f:g:hnMAAOxy0aBRqY1-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do it ya cunt.

aussie here do it.

Stay away from the auto and get one with low miles

What do you consider low mileage? one I'm looking at has 83,000
also
>sports car
>auto trans
come on now, have faith.
Monaro front clip will be my first mawd

Aussie here again

Got a link?

Make sure Reverse and 3rd gear Absolutely go in without any weird notchyness

pls excuse what is possibly the nastiest link you will ever see posted

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=449459353&zip=75149&modelCode1=GTO&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=75149&modelCode1=GTO&showcaseOwnerId=0&mmt=%5BPONT%5BGTO%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&startYear=1981&makeCode1=PONT&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=GTO&searchRadius=25&makeCodeList=PONT&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&makeCode1=PONT&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&searchRadius=25&makeCode1=PONT&modelCode1=GTO

Fine on my desktop lol

Yeah looks nice mate

Needs a mafless tune (MAF sensor delete) and a decent exhaust and your laughing

images.autotrader.com/hn/c/0a65e96ead4247e197ab02a2415289c5.jpg

My oldass LS1 makes 236rwkw or there abouts with just that.

Also get a Over The Radiator Cold Air Intake

yeah do it cunt

make sure you get a southern cross sticker that takes up the whole rear windshield.

Idrive1 Motorcars

Thank you for choosing Idrive1 Motorcars!
System

We have alerted the online representatives that you are waiting. Someone should be with you momentarily.
System
A representative has joined the conversation. Compose your message and hit Enter key to send.Please note, the agent is using a mobile device and interactions may be affected.
You
Bruuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm
Anthony Haskins
Brum?
You
BRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
You
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Anthony Haskins
May I help you?
You
Yeah facken beaut holden monaro m8

Kek, thanks for the input lads.
I get that these things didn't sell because they weren't the GTO successor we expected, but jesus, why didn't they sell on their own merits?
Why must my fellow countrymen shoot themselves in the knee?

>tfw you show up and ask to see the monaro and are immediately thrown out because aussie shitposting
what have i done

I havent given you away mate i wouldnt do that.

ill help a brother Veeky Forumsut

Its a good solid car, offer him 12000

Absolutely get one and remove any trace of a muffler

honestly one of THE best sounding V8s ever made.

also theyre pretty fast

thanks man, will do.
Planning on going to drive it and probably kick the tires of the maro saturday.

Watch out for common issues
>fucked rotors (shit from the factory) replace with slotted
>t56 3rd gear and reverse might be a bit touchy if it was abused
>MAF sensor can shit itself (mafless recommended)
They are slow from the factory hence why i recommend the MAFless tune or upgrade to a bigger maf and a tune when u get intake and exhaust you should be getting well north of 350rwhp

>Why must my fellow countrymen shoot themselves in the knee?
Yanks have terrible taste, sorry they just do.

>yanks
This is why I'm a Texan.

The most based of all yanks

Your alrite m8

t. aus

Heres my shitbomb project in her natural habitat

Current issues

>gearbox fucked
>3.08 diff

Oh and get a 4.11 rear diff gear and a decent Detroit locker/Eaton TruTrac

Oh and another thing while im up.

Check the cooling system and go into diag mode on the dash (Hold Mode and UP button with acc off then switch to on and start and use mode to switch between) make sure it runs cool

roger that, thanks a million for the tip
>tfw no easily attainable RWD V8 sedans with stickshift
S U F F E R I N G
Hella jealous, keep up the good work.

Your more than welcome to import one but honestly you know what you could do?

>Get a Catera (quack quack)
>swap GTO innards into it
>???
Its the exact same chassis but missing some reinforcements to strength.

and a bundy rum sticker!

also get all the holden badges n stuff. just do it cunt don't be a dud. rip hektik skids too

This

Also get Opel Badges to piss off EU/UK and Australia at the same time

i got u m8

ebay.com.au/itm/BUNDABERG-RUM-Sticker-180-x-130-mm-printed-decal-bundy-bear-/182444717404

few options;

ebay.com.au/itm/Southern-Cross-Such-is-Life-Aussie-Australian-Car-Sticker-230mm-/390519464322?hash=item5aecc62182:g:xm4AAOSwgQ9VtOC1

this one has a famous quote by our most famous bush ranger (outlaw who killed a bunch of cops and become a hero, kek)

or you can go the tradie route and get this
ebay.com.au/itm/Eureka-Flag-Southern-Cross-aussie-ute-bns-Car-Sticker-165mm-/252016147276?hash=item3aad553b4c:g:8p4AAOSwT6pV5EbD

this southern cross is related to workers rights, happened during the original mining boom in the 1800's when the miners and cops fought over rights to mine. pretty much stands for workers rights these days.

or just the standard southern cross one m8
ebay.com.au/itm/300mm-Southern-Cross-Aussie-Car-Ute-Sticker-Any-Colour-/252663344751?hash=item3ad3e8ae6f:g:hnMAAOxy0aBRqY1-

Lol based Aussie.

T. Aussie