/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 22th:
971 – Using crossbows, Song dynasty troops soundly defeat a war elephant corps of the Southern Han at Shao.
1368 – In a coronation ceremony, Zhu Yuanzhang ascends the throne of China as the Hongwu Emperor, initiating Ming dynasty rule over China that would last for three centuries.
1556 – The deadliest earthquake in history, the Shaanxi earthquake, hits Shaanxi province, China. The death toll may have been as high as 830,000.
1945 – World War II: German admiral Karl Dönitz launches Operation Hannibal.

>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretan_State
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar#British_protectorate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

white

cucked

yeehaw

hmmmm

It made me laugh.

What do you guys do with colonies in EU4? Keep colonist there until self-sufficient?

If I have a lot of money and I'm looking to monopolize some area I recall it after it's 70% through and send him to another place. Costs more money but since I usually kill the natives, there isn't a risk.

based Stalin

If I'm not in a hush, yes. Sometimes you need to get the natural harbors and stuff, especially in the Caribbean.

But muh stability.

nigger

I took a stability hit so that I get 0% chance of native attacks but that's only because I don't know what native stacks can do.

I can only reach Carribean Leeward Isles and Newfoundland. When do I start making sweet sugar and fur money?

The t*rk was at war with a load of Protestant countries so I declared war on them with Poland for Catholicism.

Here is Johan's cosplay attempt

DDRJake was very offended

what happens if you support the Egyptians during the oriental crisis

Forgot to say, I am in a rush. Spain and Portugal have already got most of West Africa, Haiti and Cuba.

k lads

xth for Germaniums

>AI USA releases Free States of America
>this is so uncommon and interesting I take a screenshot
>fuck up what I'm doing pretty badly
>savescum
>last save is before FSA gets released

What is the likelihood of this happening again in my current game?

Based Erdogan

>lad in a leather jacket, turban, and satchel walks past ALL of my defences to siege Milan
Who developed this game?

>t. Urk

>cheating

Rhodoks suck cock

turk

that's the funny part

>1366x768
Are you poor or something?

tfw i shitposted 5 times and still haven't got a single (You)

If you are late to the party and can afford paying the costs, consider taking one colonist off after a colony is 70% done to grab a bigger slice of an area.

there are still german-dialect language speaking people in the venetia region, descendants of the lombards.

@166405285
>Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Grab North America and try to conquer Spain and Portugal.

>savescum
just stop playing or use console if you want to cheat

I left the AI for nearly 100 years alone. It gained about 5 provinces and didnt convert any of them. It picked Naval Ideas (we arent going to be colonizing so there is literally no point it taking this, take fucking trade if you want) and Diplomatic (no fucking allies but Venice, no vassals, and duelist so no marriages) Oh and the tech level was at cap hen I left it.

How can it be so incompetent. Europe and Asia coming up next.

Thanks for the answers man. Yeah, I can afford the costs. I make decent cash now even at full maintenance. Next question if you don't mind?

Is it worth taking the trade embargo Causus Belli? It's only on Lubeck and I'm not sure if I can get land out of it. I'm getting another Causus Belli (insult) versus a one province native guy in Venezuela or somthing.

They're allied and Spain has all the low countries now. I'm allied to France. Don't want to declare such a massive war before sorting out some decent colonies.

Heres the county map, guess it isnt too bad, but why not retaking Greece and into Bulgaria...

Heres Europe, Russia will ever form I guess...

Turks are based

Try taking at least 10 provinces in the same colonial region so your colony can give you an extra merchant. It can be really useful if you can steer trade from another node back to your home node, or you can collect in another node. Also prioritize natural harbors and stuff so your colonial nation can have more trade power and help you funnel back money.

>Is it worth taking the trade embargo Causus Belli? It's only on Lubeck and I'm not sure if I can get land out of it. I'm getting another Causus Belli (insult) versus a one province native guy in Venezuela or somthing.
You mean the trade

I personally never use it, I think it costs too much money the long run. Maybe if you are really interested in fucking with the guy you have a CB on.

Is there even a point to playing CK2 or EU4 without the DLCs?

Why don't we have an archive with the DLC unlocker anymore?

France is doing the best, but I guess the big blue blob is expected to.

>Maybe if you are really interested in fucking with the guy you have a CB on.

Nah, it's my first game. I'm just trying to learn how to play efficiently. I'll start RPing and shit once I know some stuff lad. Cheers for the answers again.

There's a decent harbour you are talking about in Newfoundland called St Lawrence Harbour, I'm going to try and colonize the lot based on your advice (didn't know about the extra merchant).

Thanks again man.

Yuan just popped, and the Japan lost so that means the current Japan (about 1/4 to forming completely) can form China.

Uncle Joe did nothing wrong.

So then the question is, who should I start playing again as? The knights are boring now that I know that EU4 literally cant handle crusade type campaigns. Im between Milan, Naples, and England. All three are against France which is now big so its a challenge. Denmark can form Scandinavia now but... Dont want to colonize with it so its a no.

roach

Japan and colonizing africa y/n?

Take it back to lad.

Gonna do a Darkest Hour NWO II AAR. Should I play the United States or the USSR?

Goals for Netherlands in V2?

>tuesday
>still no flag pack v10

K.Y.S.

>not colonizing the islands, Australia, follow the trait and the Americas.

Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, northern France and all of Frisia

Rude

USSR

where are your borders

you are making the game uglier

Lads, would vicky 2 NWO or HOI4 be more fun for a restore the K&K run?

>disappointed in Dark World, but decide to experiment with it more
>futa woman can only rape imprisoned women, and can't do anything with dick even then
>futas can't seduce women, but in-game men can't become futas, can only become traps
>literal only way to get any futa content outside of events is to fug your husband, and it's only one mention of it
>still no special flavor for incest or teenagers

who the fuck made this mod and called it a decent lewd mod, this is awful

Theres so much dlc now that i only buy it for eu4 since ive been buying them since they came out, on sale though of course. CK2 i just pirated because theres like 200 dollars worth of dlc and they're fucking nuts if they think im gonna pay that

W&B

It your fault if you have shit taste.
>Futas.
Fucking faggot.

dawg eu4 has 250 bucks of dlc too

Bad goyim.

What do you mean by northern France and Frisia? I've got all of Belgium as well as Luxembourg.

What's a good resolution for Vic2 on a windows surface pro? I'd like to run windowed mode but the text is always too small to read. I'd like to contribute /gsg/.

Will joining an ally's war invoke a coalition that the enemy is a part of?

sorry

Artois and Magna Frisia

EUIV btw

Am I retarded for having trouble with beating china as Japan in HoI3?

It's taking me MUCH longer than expected and I just don't have enough manpower to fight all of those chinks and I have to mantain an entire front across northern china into the interior because of those other chinese countries at war with me.

Am I missing something? Should I have dumped more IC into building men instead of thinking ahead and starting to build up a navy that could smash the USA in the pacific?

It's shit because there's only really one scene act, and even then they're pretty barebones, like one, maybe two paragraphs written in an awkward first person perspective.

What expansion options are there even in NWO?

Everyone knows that hetero sex is 50% gay and futa on female is only 25% gay, user. You're the homo here.

It's shit because they didn't allow for anything except vanilla sex and dungeon rape, and they have barely any content even for that. All the extra content is in shit submods like the fantasy one, which lets random characters become immortal raping incubi and shit. It's awful. Futa should be as far as it goes in CK2, and outside of the player it should be rare as fuck. And there needs to be more general content obviously, but especially more flavor for incest and a way to seduce same-sex characters.

Dark World is ass as it is. Needs to be remade entirely, as I see it.

NWO was made for blobbing

You code it and I'll write the smut bby ;)

>be me
>be wiz
>in a multiplayer game of eu4
>all the good players are in india/south east asia
>be a massive faggot
>decide to start on the other side of china so none of them can reach me until much much later
>no one else is starting here
>i get to blob for free
Why am I so good at this game?

Someone should make an incest mod for Zoroastrianism.

How do people feel about Mythos - Historical Fantasy?

Haven't played the new version much but it seems stabler than the last, not sure what's been updated in it. Vlad is still pretty broken, the others I haven't given much thought to.

>Be Spain.
>1580 something.
>About to declare a war on Morocco.
>My army is big, they are weak and they have no allies.
>Suddenly I hear that fucking sound.
>The sound of being at war.
>But I still haven't made the click.
>Look down.
>There is an England shield
>mfw I am called to the League War.

We still won, even though during the war Austria called me into another war that they had with the Ottomans (in this game the Ottoman IA picked Quantity and Quality as well as Aristocracy and yes, they are invencible.)

Also.
>Okay, the League War is over.
>Time to kill some Moroccan fags.
>mfw they are allied with the Ottomans.

Of all things done by Stalin getting rid of ethnic problems in east Europe is a good thing.
No reason to make a new Yugoslavia as most of people was forced to move into their national states. Now only shit tier nationalist can claim that part of other country is their rightful clay.

Now I can live in whitest country in Europe, thanks uncle Stalin.
But we are still niggers but white, fuck you soviet union.

It would have to be the other way around desu, I'm shit at modding. But I have nowhere near enough free time right now to do it anyway. Maybe a project for the future.

If it's going to get done at all it should be a full lewd mod, with content for pretty much everything (except 100% fantasy shit, fuck that). Maybe a sub-mod for futa, since I know many people wouldn't want to play that and it's pretty much fantasy itself, but it should definitely include major content for incest, rape, seduction, teen romance (with consequences for your dynasty if bastards come out of it), ways to romance close family without seducing/straight up marrying them, etc.

It's dumb that Dark World is the only option considering how crazy limited it is.

I'm just eyeballing it and the steam page doesn't give much detail as to how it works. Are people in the world randomly turned into vampires? Does it only work through cheats? Stuff like that.

>Everyone knows that hetero sex is 50% gay and futa on female is only 25% gay, user. You're the homo here.
Joke's on you for assuming I am hetero. I like traps more than womyn.

Finishing up assigning initial provinces in Europe and Africa. Let me know if there are any glaring flaws I should change. I made Crete a vassal to Greece and fixed the Bulgarian province that was brought up in a previous thread. I have a couple questions -

What should I do for Egypt? It was a vassal to the OE at the time, but was almost entirely controlled by the UK who then swiftly annexed it at the onset of the war. Should I make it an Ottoman puppet and have an event chain for annexing it as the British?

Second question is about African railroads - were railroads common in Africa at the time, and were they in all the provinces? If anyone has a good resource for this I'd be glad to look through it.

Next step will be figuring out the core situation in Austria-Hungary; I am not sure how to deal with Hungary's historical cores, perhaps I will have them removed in Trianon and give make their pops more fascist.

1/3

Crusading: Fun for all the family!

I'm not entirely sure but Vlad is the progenitor of the vampires, he can choose to sire people in his court and those that are his prisoners (the latter being unable to refuse) but other than that they shouldn't appear naturally/randomly in the world.

Lycanism spread like a fucking wildfire in my last save, other supernatural traits not so much, save for the occasional undead horde that rampaged through northern Africa before being beaten back.

If you're the powergaming type then you'll have a blast with Vlad, just keep him out of harms way and you'll have a demigod to play with. He starts out in a really shitty spot but he doesn't age and drinking the blood (killing) a imprisoned captive will raise one of his stats by 1.

2/3

>Crete a puppet of Greece
Nah, it should be a puppet of the Ottomans, defecting to Greece as soon as the Balkan Wars start
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretan_State

I would make Egypt a puppet of the British, being annexed as soon as the ottomans join

3/3

But Crete was de facto annexed by Greece in 1908, then fully integrated later in 1913 according to that source. Egypt was technically still an Ottoman vassal, so I don't know if a British puppet would make sense but that might be the best solution.

Zanzibar was a British vassal at this time, not German.

Egypt should probably be just in the brit sphere and annexed by events

Just saying, Zoroastrians should get unique events due to it being normal.

Thanks, I'll change that.

That's what I was thinking

yee haw

>Groß Cabinda
Just the one province lad, I don't think it was ever bigger than that

Also, Zanzibar is anglo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar#British_protectorate

>Crete was de facto annexed by Greece
Ehh, you're right, it is kind of a grey area, the actual Greek gov. didn't recognize it but the Cretans were definitely independent either way works for that