/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Desert rose edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda prizes on MyNintendo
Twilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldainformer.com/epona-is-in-breath-of-the-wild-afterall/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR FISH

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

First for Zelda a cute and thick eyebrows are best.

First for Metroid>Zelda.

damnit Nintendo give us her official art

You are not first but you are still right.

Metroid is not better than Kirby, let alone Zelda and Mario.
After all, it is a rightfully dead series.

I hope we get to do funny adventure stuff alongside exploring and bullying bokoblins.

WHERE ARE THE BLADES OF GRASS I WAS PROMISED REEEEEEEEEE

WEW laddeh

The fact the old man reacts scared if you hold the bombs near him make me confident there will be some whacky moments in botw.

They don't appear until Link is very close.

Have a wonderful day!

They were in the beta version, no reason for them not to be in the final game.

Check the catalog next time user, there was already a thread created and user already announced in the last thread.
>No manga or art links
Everyone go here

>tfw boko amiibo gives you a boko buddy to adventure with

Health and magic. I'll miss this.

'Hoy

The game is never ever going to look or perform this well. We have been fiddled.

This one was announced first.

oh wow, feels like ive been immortalized

This is more recent

It sucks I know and the OP should have checked, but let's not split the threads.

sorry but too late user

Why the fuck did you create that thread so far from the bump limit, you huge retard?
And most importantly, why didn't you link it in the last thread?

Holy shit, you are almighty stupid.

Would you take responsibility?

Nope, Sheik is a girl

As long as she doesn't turn back into an imp, then yes.

YES YES YES

Did either of you even ask their pronouns? Gosh, so insensitive

Fishies fishies

>HW

NOT

CANON

Lonk da Herro of Tyme are you daddy

ses yey

Would she let me?

gud

As a transfat alien, I think this is disgusting.

This goddamn it people I thought the had this problem solved
Doesn't matter, it had already been announced, was on the catalog first, and has the changes people asked for.
Pay the fuck attention OP; you never make a new thread without refreshing the catalog first newfag.

I thought I could put this pasta to rest:

Official /lozg/ thread creation criteria: retard friendly edition

1. wait for 740 posts and announce you intend to make new thread
2. if you were making a thread already, stop, and let the announcement user do it
3. copy pasta, and links if applicable, remove, and backlink previous thread, then sit on it.
4. Post the thread on page 9 then announce in last thread on page 10
5. You're done

Bro that's like, a lot of bad luck

I made a mistake going to /v/
I guess this is where people who like Zelda go to.

>Midna will never EVER appear in a mainline game again

THIS IS DEEP LORE

Quit reminding me

I did link but the other linked it first, doesn't matter my threads dead anyway. Oh well

>Official /lozg/ thread creation criteria
autism

You should have linked it before, man. C'mon.

>the implication that all the blue wearing people are special somehow
I really hope this means you get to play as them, and that this game will have a party system where you can hot-swap between each, supplemented with squad controls to direct the ones you aren't directly controlling.

lol either way this ones poppin, and that one is dead before it even started, so whatever

Female.

Right back at you.

Frog posters out

Sounds horrible.

Jesus Fuck. Don't be like this guy, lads.

I think we didn't discuss enough about the choice of the blue color.
Why? Why blue and not green, like the hero of legend? Something is fishy, and it's not the Zora trap.

How?

>thin brows

Hey, guys, I know you're-

Listen to me

I know you're upset, but,

HEY.

This is important, I know you are upset, but

912 hours to go

It flies in the face of everything we have seen so far. Forces species specific puzzles which negates the point of free roaming. Forces new control schemes on an already taxed new gameplay system. Forces new mechanics. All items and equipment must be interchangeable amongst races etc etc etc

He did nothing wrong, OP is the one who is a retard.
>Deleting your post because you know you fucked up and don't want to get called out
Not so fast you absolute dipshit, I saw it before you deleted it.
/lozg/ newfag detected we used to have a bunch of drama over this so I made it. Never make a thread again OP

Only 12 hours to 900 hours.
Holy. Shit.

I feel like its beyond the point of nintendo just wanting to keep things under wraps, its so odd that everyone is going with the blue. Im worried that the classic green wont even be an option at this point.

I am not OP, though.

I cant believe that its almost been 90 hours since the time it was 1000 hours away, what a rush

I'm trying to think about the color blue and its role in the whole series.
But I can only recall WW Link's blue shirt and nothing else.

Thanks but let it go user, my thread died at zero replies; it could have been worse with equal amounts of posters in each like what used to happen.
Just pay attention next time OP.

>Something is fishy

IT'S ALL AN ILLUSION BY GANON

WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW ZELDA IN THE PRINCESS DRESS IN THE TRAILER?

BECAUSE EYEBROWS ZELDA ISN'T THE REAL ZELDA

>Forces species specific puzzles which negates the point of free roaming.
That makes no sense. How would your party members being different species stop you from going where you want? And it's less about species and more that character's unique skill set that would determine puzzles. Especially with cooperative activities.

I still don't get why in the name of fuck you created that thread over 5 hours ago when there wasn't need to.
It makes no sense. Wait at least the old thread to reach 725 posts before posting a new one, what the hell.

There are...
>the windwaker Jammies
>more recently the scarf in hyrule warriors
>link being a 'blue eyed beast' in twilight princess
>the master sword is blue, but this is probably not relevant
>maybe a reference to fi's colouring
>link frequently has blue eyes or earrings in the 3D games
>a green tunic would blend in such a bright green environment, the blue just looks good aesthetically

Behold! The Leg-end of Zelda!

this isnt your everyday ordinary straw grasping

THIS IS ADVANCED STRAW GRASPING

Hypothesis:
>There are two Zeldas
>The Eyebrows Zelda is a younger Zelda, the one in the princess suit is an older Zelda
>The one in the princess suit is actually not Zelda but another important character, Zelda is trapped in Hyrule Castle under Ganon's control

Jeez how many different clothes does she have in this?

> so I made it
figures since you're literally the only one being autistic over this

That's one sexy leg-end if you ask me

WHAT IF

there is actually a queen for once, rather than zelda being a dirty orphan with dead parents again

valid points, except for the master sword being purple more often than not.
I still just cant imagine why such a dramatic change. I suppose theres nothing to be done but wait and see what the game has to say/offer

The horse riding in this game is going to be so comfy

Of course. Also, source?

>the windwaker Jammies
>more recently the scarf in hyrule warriors
>link being a 'blue eyed beast' in twilight princess
>maybe a reference to fi's colouring
These are all very interesting points.
>a green tunic would blend in such a bright green environment, the blue just looks good aesthetically
Nah, that's not a good reason. All Zelda games, especially the 3D ones, have Link going in green as fuck locations but his tunic was still green.

Post yfw you meet a dude in a green tunic and a hat in BotW.

I cant wait to see how much time i sink into finding the best horse

>Queen Zelda and Princess Zelda

I'm thinking this is what Zelda is wearing before she and Link go off to do whatever it is they're doing together. She switches to the blue adventurer gear like Link's as that's more practical for travel and then the white outfit is probably only worn on the day of the attack on Hyrule Castle.

Aonuma also confirmed Epona to be in the game. I guess she will be mandatory to check some plot points.

>They're both after Link's dick

>No more horse riding in tight areas
>No more sudden awkward stops because your horse brushed against a corner
>equestrian combat is viable in multiple areas, allowing you to fight on horseback a la twilight princess' bulbin fights
>big sprawling areas to gallop through

My body is ready

>enter shrine
>nearly pitch black
>walk towards the dim light in the corner
>suddenly see this staring back at you
wat do

It's a more pleasing contrast, especially in bright environments. Just because they haven't done it before doesn't change that.

What's great is that you can have up to 5.

>Aonuma also confirmed Epona to be in the game
Fucking source?

Look, if you don't understand what I wrote, there's no point in me trying to explain it. It's a concept that is related to guiding the player while giving the artificial sense of freedom.

If Zelda/the voice at the beginning of the game didn't call Link "Link", do you think he would have remembered his name?

I think it would have been interesting if you were able to name him only for his real/original name to be revealed through his memories, but I suppose that would've been too much work for voice acting.

A shoop from the last thread.

Epona is confirmed for the game, so, yeah.

Dins Fire until nothing remains. Alternatively, bombs. Lots of them.

Recent news.
zeldainformer.com/epona-is-in-breath-of-the-wild-afterall/

I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway

Oh shit, so we can theoretical play back memory cutscenes whenever we want, or play through the action sequence if they are interactive?

How do you all feel about the fact that damaging Guardians spawns giant ChuChus?

but i gotta find a horse thats just as good, and then call it seabiscut or some dumb meme of the sort

Pic related

Perhaps? Unless there's a specific reason to think about a name, I can't imagine him just recalling it if everything else is forgotten

What the fuck are you talking about? He made it 2 minutes BEFORE OP did, OP just linked his first because he jumped the gun without checking the catalog before thread creation.
I'll drop it but I want to make crystal clear to you newfag that you
A. Observe if any user has announced he is going to make a thread
B. Refresh the catalog to be safe
C. Apply all (good) changes that have been requested. Which OP failed to do

You guys obviously don't grasp the axing the mods are prone to do when people start thread spamming. Accidental or otherwise. We once had anons make 4 damn simultaneous threads because they couldn't be arsed to announce them first or pay attention.

Holy shit. See I told you fuckers. That same horse we keep seeing is a special horse, and it could be Epona.