Car purchases you regretted - thread

Whole cars, parts, mods..

Be a well of wisdom.

why

Bought an Alfa Romeo Mito once.
Fuck no

One time I traded a Civic I really liked for a Ford Ranger. Worst automotive decision of my life thus far

how so?

This one

I bought a new 2011 ford ranger sport 4x4
hated it every day I had it

sucked as a truck and sucked as a commuter

SC Bro?

looks cool tho

why?

Sold a really clean MK3 Mondeo 1.8 for a MK2 with the 2.5 V6 because I was 18 and wanted a "fast" car.

It was crap. Regretted the decision about an hour in to ownership.

What made you regret it?

Slow as fuck, shit mpg, shitty interior even compared to the bare bones civic I traded for it. It was just bad overall.

>sucked as a truck and sucked as a commuter
Yeah that, it was supposed to be a compromise vehicle but copromised too much on both ends somehow without ending up anywhere near the middle of the spectrum.

Mine was the 2.5 2wd though

I had a Camry.
The Camry isn't a terrible car, but other than extra space, it really wasn't worth it compared to the Civic I had before that.

Your dick must be MASSIVE.

Apart from the engine it was worse in every way. Seats were crap, ride was crap, drank like a fish, didn't even drive that well, and wasn't that fast. It was quite ropey too, and the one I sold was genuinely immaculate.

Granted it did sound really good.

Well it was an older car...
Chassis is softer no matter what suspension..

>buys truck designed to appeal to teens and cocaine cowboys
>regrets buying it

wow. who could have seen that coming?

Yeah I know. It was a stupid decision

I liked the one before that, CCSB with 8" on 37's. But that CCLB with 10" on 40's was just too much.

why?

i want a 7.3 f250

why do you regret it

Don't get me wrong, I love driving this thing and looking at it makes my dick hard.. But I paid way too much for it with the problems it has and for how many miles it has

Regret spending money on a GA16DE but at the same time it's a good learning experience, but i mostly regret it.

the wheels of this car do not fit on a fiat 128
wrong offset so needs like a 1" spacer

Hyundai Veloster. It's at least the turbo trim but that doesn't really make it not shit, just less horrible.

7.3s are great engines. 6.0 are horrible maintenance disasters. Check the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums for everything to do with Ford trucks of any year.

See
It was just too much truck

I used to have the non turbo version. It felt slower than a 86 civic hatchback.

This guy is right
The 7.3 is the best Navistar engine Ford put in the Super Duty. I'm in one myself now, just a 2wd one I'm gonna use to tow. I will say this though, the 7.3 does not like cold starting in below freezing temps. Threw me off with how it smokes and kicks around but apparently it's normal, but I was used to the 6.4 and how it started with no problems down to -10 and still fine plugged in all the way down to -50.

I like mine user, sorry it doesn't do it for you. :(

I have a lot of problems with the transmission, mines the 7 speed DCT and it likes to, as best I can tell, drop neutral and rev when I really need power. It's not horrible otherwise, but I've been fighting for five months to get it fixed and they can't figure it out.