Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8GS6r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous Thread

where everybody at

add this in the OP someplace, next time

imgur.com/a/8GS6r

It seems our spontaneous breath of life has been finally spent

the radiant update should come in early febuarary right?

this general is DAZED, REELING, ABOUT TO BREAK

Sure
Maybe they can also make the late game less shit

What about a class that draws his power from his enemies? Like he'd only have one ability, for example Siphon Essence, that would grant him a new, temporary ability (for that mission) based on the enemy he used it on. This would mean that every single enemy would give him a different skill but not all of them are available in every dungeon.

When acquiring a skill it would be locked in place for the remainder of that mission, so you have to pick and choose what you want or what's available to you depending on rng.

i think the main problem with lategame is taht you get to it way too fast if you play even halfway decent, neting you a situation where RNG just takes over since the enemy dmgrange exnocmpasses your dudes entire unupgraded healthbar. when you have fully upgraded huys, champ runs become a LOT less dangerous, at which point it just becomes boring.

They could make hero lvlup optional: you can choose to leave a dude at certain levels at the cost of any further xp is lost, unless you decide to advance his lvl.

AS for the boredom teh new enemies will help, but it think teh game should have a way to promote/reward using diferent party combinations to kick player out of his comfort zone, and discover/try new things.
My favorite part was trying to make diferent partys work while trying to keep everyone at the same level.

I think there's an easier way to fix the late game
Instead of giving all enemies stupid amounts of health prot and damage
Make themdo something different from what they did on the other two ranks
You know
Like how they did it on veteran

If they give enemies new moves, then at that point i would prefer if they were new enemies.
When you get to that point, you got figured out an enemies moveset, and them busting out new moves will get ppl off guard, for quite a while, as they sure as fuck wont remeber it for the next few encounters.

In fact, i dont remeber any new moves on the same enemies form easy to veteran.

Yeah forget what i said i suck cocks, i guess is more added effects like mushroom men inflicting blight and fish dragging the back liners forward
Veteran does add new enemies i guess

>stupid amounts of health prot and damage

I just did my first champions run. Kinda lost the will to live and I didn't even jump right in I was mostly upgraded with one level 5. Just slowed down so damn much, even on a short run I can't imagine doing this for 24+ more characters.

Its been so long since I touched my level 5s and 6s I'm not even attached to them anymore, forgot they existed, been slowly managing up the back groups, trying to not over level. Starting to have major regrets here.

are there spiders in easy?
They get fucking lethal on vet and harder

I'm pretty sure they are
Out of the top of my head, non easy enemies are the fat skeleton, the spear skeleton, the weald witch, the weald giant, the snab crab, the spear pig and the jobber worm(i think)

Having the link to this thread in the last thread would have helped.
Yes there are spiders on the easy dungeons. Some people still find them to be difficult.

what party were you using? I didnt notice such a big effect, if any. assuming you had both weapon and skills maxed.

At champ, its assumed you have some powerful trinkets which makes things faster, so enemies are compensated. Still, i remeber being able to kill at least 1 backline on turn 1 most of the time, while controlling the front.

Radiant Vita patch when

After it's been out on PC for testing.

How do people have so much trouble with spiders? I am always relieved when I run into them because they're a pretty easy encounter and have practically no HP. They're only dangerous if you leave them for too long and have an entire party of slow characters. With a proper party encounters should not last more than 2 rounds or so.

"They're only dangerous if you leave them for too long"

With their insane dodge stats, that is sadly beyond your control most of the times, couple that with ther high speeds, their marks, extra dmg to marked, their tendency to attack the same guy, marked or not, stuns and blights, they can just delete one of your guys if you dont kill 2 of them on the first round of combat.
And sicne their 13hp is in the range where 1 hit wont necerecairly be enough, AND they have dodge out the ASS, there is literealy nothing you can do other than roll the dice that either you wipe them without taking dmg, or they just burst one of yours befoer you can even act.

That is why they are bullshit: they are RNG made manifest. 1 out of 5 encounters, no matter what you have, no matter what you do, they WILL kill one guy. I beaten the game couple of times, and other than bosses, i only lost nigas to fucking spiders.

post favorite party combos

Need help with this one. Where it is?

It was bottom thx anyway

when the guide says "don't waste money on people with less than 50% stress", does it mean 50 stress or 100 stress?

Would a Witch class fit into the game? I just kinda want another magic class. I really love the Occultist and think a witch could be a cool fit (witch trials and whatnot except now witches could be powerful allies against all this OTHERWORDLY CORRUPTION).

Maybe she could draw her powers from a source of natural magic whereas the Occultist taps into exotic magic. Healer? Damage? Support? Won't travel with religious classes?

>Instead of giving all enemies stupid amounts of health prot and damage

The game in early access once had the player characters actually be effective at things. Trinkets weren't complete shit loaded with penalties, and enemies didn't have retarded amounts of damage reduction.

Then the dev's deemed that "Fun" and so all of that went away in the name of beating their dicks with a hammer to the idea of someone fighting multiple enemies with like 50%+ DR.

You're blowing it out of proportion by a long shot. There are monsters both alone an in groups that hit harder, have higher dodge, higher speed and higher HP. Spiders can be hard and I have lost a couple heroes to them, but by no means is it even remotely true that you will lose a guy 1 outta 5 times. You are more than likely just having shit RNG with them or are being dramatic because you have trouble with them and get emotional about it.

50 stress. It's probably from back in the day when 100 was the max and they just forgot to change it.

Has anyone made a mod that pretty much retcons all this shit?

so what's a way to cheese the brigand 16 pounder fight? I know that weakening curse spam works on the prophet and other huge damage dealing bosses, but since it's considered an endurance boss, I'm pretty sure that cheese strat won't work

i only have 1000 gold left what do

Threadly reminder that over-confidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Hire nothing but level 0's to do suicide runs for piles of gold in short-level dungeons with no provisions.
Alternatively, get four antiquarians together to do some 'backyard camping' trips in medium dungeons where they can camp, find trinkets, then retreat the mission. You can do this over and over and over again. The only loss they'll suffer is stress, and that stress will be healed as soon as they camp again. Just make sure to stock a little food to keep them from losing their shit too much.

>Throwing a hissy fit instead of being constructive about your game's flaws

4x Houndmaster
Bark woof the Fuseman and then woof whittle the cannon

Some of you guys are alright. Dont go to the hamlet tomorrow.

>Vvulf makes a twitter post

>EA nostalgia
You mean back when the Hellion was by far the best frontliner, Leper was completely useless, DOTs were absolute garbage, AOE attacks destroyed everything, some trinkets were completely useless while others were OP and could be stacked, you could cheese any encounter by hammering the frontline and stun spamming the back until they were up front and harmless, you couldn't exchange heirlooms and you could only get guarantees of certain ones by doing specific dungeons, camping skills were terrible and a chore, etc? Man I sure miss all those things.

>People actually think PROT was a bad addition to the game
What Bizzaro universe have I been teleported to?

Thing is, if i get shit RNG with any other mobs, i can deal with it, i have tools, i get chances to recover, and can make perparations beforehand to preapare for the worst. With spiders, none of it works.

If you get shit rng with spiders, someone dies, and there is nothing you can do about it.
>arblest, occultist, houndmaster, bh, all have the damage to 1 shot spiders even without marks, or at least stun/debuff them
>have suprise trinket and campbuff
>suprise spiders
>only 1 attack connects, leaves it for 1 hp
>they go 8 (eight) times before i get to do anything more
>all 8, (except a stun on my fastest guy or the healer) lands on a single on of my guys, stacking 10+blight on him

This happned multiple times. They dont stress you, they dont wither you down, they dont deal spike damages in the middle of the fight with crits, they flat out delete one of your guys.

gipsy it up nigga

Kek

If that happens to you so often then wouldn't it be a better idea to just run from the fight once you missed most of your attacks?

I dont mind prot.
High dodge enemies need to fucking go though.
They are usually the most obnoxious pieces of shit too.

Couldn't tell ya m8. There are only a few encounters in all 5 dungeons where you can run into multiple enemies with 40% or more prot and if you're bringing DOT units into dungeons with those, and you should be because that is one of the intended counter measures to Protection, then it's almost never a big deal.

>When you run into multiple Madmen in a single Dungeon and they just keep dodging your attacks

The same universe where people bitched after corpses were introduced because they couldn't pull their frontline freight train tactics anymore.

Here's an idea for a character
Survivalist
He'd be an utility character similar to antiquarian but his abilities would focus on scouting and food.
He has a very high trap disarm chance and increases party scouting chance by 20%

His combat abilities would focus on marking, debuffing and buffing with lower than average damage.
Camping abilities for him would be just buffs with no stress heals, perhaps an ability to refund camping at the cost of half the time?

Statwise he'd be weak, incredibly weak with low hp and dodge he'd go down to death's door in just a single crit from a strong enough monster.
But on the other hand he'd be pretty accurate and have a good crit chance.

Appearance wise he'd look like a noble in very ragged clothes, giving him kind of a hobo look. He'd also have an eagle on his shoulder that would make up most of his attacks.

What do you think of my idea? I kinda made it in a hurry so my grammar and ideas arent perfect but all kinds of criticism is welcome.

So pretty much the girl teaching camping skills at the hamlet, being useful for once ?

I like the idea, resonates a lot like a more support oriented houndmaster

you know?
I forgot you can do that, since i never had the need for it.

Anyone play the pitch black mod? I'm a scared pleb that only grinds out dungeons in the Ruins, but I do want to form teams for other dungeons as well. Any particular team composition I should be playing specifically?

Hey hey hey, I need that snuffbox to save the day.

>tfw have a leper with natural swing
>tfw load him up with accuracy trinkets
>get ready to beat the final boss of the swine prince
>all my dudes get stressed as fuck by the stupid crit drummers
>on the plus side, Leperbro gets Rabies
>manage to keep slamming through walls, but some bad rolls kills off my vestal
>I decide to keep going using crusader and the leper's natural heal to keep everyone going
>plague doctor falls next because of shitty crits
>It's just my crusader and Leper left
>We make it to the swine king, I'm praying to RNJesus
>Crusader's will is tested...
HOPELESS
>start cursing profusely, he starts stressing out my leper and passing turns
>try to escape, fail, leper reaches the breaking point
ANGER IS POWER. USE IT.
>my fucking face for the next two turns as that fat pig faggot is double crit.

A bad roll and spiders can fuck you pretty hard. On average, they're cake, but I've never seen anyone blow up as fast as they do to spiders.

>managed to kill the prophet, the hag and the collector
Collector's 2nd appearance was in the hallway right before prophet
I'm scared
These runs are going better than I thought but how fucking badly are things gonna get.

Been trying to prioritize on getting more seasoned adventurers in case shit gets bad

Fair enough.

>since i have never had the need for it
>never

You needed and didnt knew it.

>my leper lad gets clusterfucked by the cove
Fucking Cove. You ruin everything, don't you? Even legendary heroes like that bastard. I hope I get him back one day.

>mfw GR has love interest AND deviant tastes

I had a Vestal like that. I almost didn't wanna cure her.

>always using crusader on party with her
>"dunno, maybe she will need some stress heal, can't do it in town"
>bitch doesnt even get hit
>everyone needing ocasional stress heal during mission
>she finally got a fucking skull in the face from ghoul
>crit and oneshot a gargoyle
>almost heal all the stress damage

She is a keeper.

>finally beat the game
>managed to do it on Strict Mode, didn't even know there were difficulty settings you could change
>brought Reynauld and Dismas to the final dungeon
>apparently sped through the game since the achievement for finishing the game under 99 weeks popped up

That was a nice experience. Lighting the Way is the hardest Darkest Dungeon.

Shame that the modpack with a bunch of new classes is apparently outdated.

Corpses are still stupid.

Prot alone was enough to shift the tactics so that you can choose between trying to snipe squishies quick, or removing the prot'd tank guy in the front, but waste more time.

The whole corpse cleaning shit is just stupid.

Corpses came before Protection and are an optional feature due to bitching. I'd hazard a guess that part of why they included Protection was to keep the tactics for people who didn't like playing with corpses.

>spoiler
I think the majority of players agree with you.

I totally forgot the order they came in.

But prot really does do everything corpses were meant to, and does it much more elegantly (and, I can't believe I'm saying this, in a less immersion ruining way, for me).

You can use corpses to fuck with the enemies' attacks
I know it isn't much but it does add something to the game prot doesn't

Yell at them.

Don't you know user?
They can also dodge sound

From my experience they only dodge Bellow once in a blue moon, and I don't have any +acc on my MaA.

I personally find corpses to be really helpful with keeping all of my party members useful as a fight goes on. They allow me the ability to let certain characters focus on jobs without having to worry about keeping their usefulness to the current encounter, and even allows for expansion on it. Back in EA I could not count the amount of times my backliners would eventually become vestigial to the fight after a few rounds and I'd be forced to spam a support move or shuffle them with another member and potentially fuck up usefulness they had. Now with corpses, there's an option not only to always keep your party members useful, but to allow for party members to do things they might not have been able to without them. Just as an example that comes to mind: If I'm fighting a Pelagic Champion without corpses on and I have an Arbalest without Blindfire or Bola equipped, she would be forced to spam heals or mark the entire time, but if I thought a step further and had my Bounty Hunter or Occultist pull something up to the front row before killing it, the Champion is now in second position and vulnerable to the Arbalest's main attack as well. This isn't to say Corpses always make the game easier or that anyone has to agree they're a good mechanic because I like it, but I figured I'd share my experiences.

It's only fair if we can dodge sound attacks as well. I just imagine that they managed to cover their ears in time.

The only thing I hate about dodge is that the stuff to counter it (Vestal, Occultist, and Arbalest's dodge debuffs) are usually lower in accuracy themselves along with said targets having higher than normal debuff resist. It'd be nice if dodge debuffs were easier to apply to these enemies.

The Man-at-arms would be a great example of a character that on paper looks like he'd negate a lot of the evasion of dog packs, but in practice his debuff chance is too low to overcome the resistance of his targets, who often evade on top of that. RH should probably increase the amount debuffed if they want to go that route so that at least when it does connect with a target, you get a lot more benefit from it.

10 millenia on ms paint

>Bring Houndmaster
>Shave off 30% prot every time he whistles at someone.
>Bounty Hunter deletes the target next turn.

>Look at graveyard.
>One vestal, six lepers, nothing else.
>One Leper has died three times, having resurrected twice.

What is it with Lepers, enemies just seem to be drawn to fucking them over?

Sure, and to add to that, corpses that do stuff (or that stuff is done to) are also quite fun. I just think similar emergent gameplay could have been done without them by tweaking variables and the like.

I think this pretty much sums up what is wrong with the late game

I was really worried about everyone talking about it being the hardest, but I think the shambler gave me the most trouble, maybe because I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. The Templars just got shuffled around to bad positions and stunned over and over again when I fought them, so all they did was their weak Torment attack or cast revelation on characters with trinkets.

The shuffling horror though kept shuffling my guys around, true to his name, and I couldn't get damage under control while leaving the cultist priest up. It seemed like my healer would always wind up in the wrong position to heal.

>NG+
>Bring lvl 5 Dimas on a short trip to the ruins
>gets beaten to death's door multiple times
>red plague, the worries
>at the end is 25 stress away from a heart attack

Sometimes RNGesus is a fucktard. Spooby Skellington survives the last attack with 1 HP just to crit a tempting goblet on poor Dimas.

Does that faggot caretaker go immediately to whatever stress relief activity your afflicted character is limited to?

Holy shit, I just had a Ghoul and two wine skeletons show up, the ghoul howled every turn and the skeletons kept throwing wine at me. I went from ~10 stress to three afflicted heroes before I could get rid of them all.

I guess I should bring movement skills or ranged attacks.

>remembering pre-nerf Howl

>pre-nerf stress attacks in general

what was wrong with it before?

Only when you don't want him to.
Way back in the day stress attacks like Tempting Goblet and Howl did a fair bit of physical damage and 20-25 stress damage without a crit even on the easiest dungeons.

saved, cheers user

>20 Weeks since Dismas, my only highwayman, died
>22 since my last BH died.
>Finally get them on caravan
>lvl 2 and 1 respectively
>remove two level 3s to make room
>everyone else is level 3+ except for 1 fucking jester, which is my only jester

I think I'm going to remove those level limits now. I havent seen an abom off the caravan in I don't know how long

Bring them to some short adventurer mission with your guys. And someone to protect them.

>not having someone to stun, knockback, pull or nuke at distance

So, you rush every frontliner(which usually have high PROT) until you get to hit the annoying guys? At least use an jester or houndmaster for stress heal(btw, they can hit distant enemies)

Kill me that was shit tier stuff. Glad they changed it since heart attacks were implemented.

Depends on my part composition. Sometimes, I do run the frontline freight train, sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood.

This time in particular, I was running Vestal/Vestal/Leper/Crusader. It's a solid comp until you run in to a tank in ranks 1+2, unless your're packing a move trinket on the leper to move someone back with purge. I was under the impression my damage was so ludicrously high with both characters I could just blow away enemy groups before problems.

I found some club skeletons afterwards though and used them to drag my stress back down to zero, chain stunning and intimidating them until everyone was fine again. If nothing else, it's a good party to prolong fights with since nothing will really be able to get through two and a half healers.

>Giant Ectoplasm does Cytokinesis at the last moment
>dies next turn
>Ecotoplasm dodges every attack on that turn
>ECTOPLASMIC PROFUSION
>Cytokinesis

God, don't remind me of that shit. Seems like every time I try a low damage party in the weald, every slime fight turns in to a 15 minute slog.

The only nice thing is they're not really that strong, just tough enough to keep multiplying and wearing you down.

This is my true fear every time I visit the Weald.

>finally do 16 Pounder
>Fusilier crits the party four times in a row
>Vestal goes Paranoid