Lindybeiege

>The notion that Global Warming theory has any serious scientific merit is ridiculous. Don't be stupid. What is the evidence for a cause-and-effect link between Mankind's increase in his CO2 emissions and an increase in global temperature? In the absence of evidence for this link, the various people screaming for extreme action to lower carbon dioxide emissions really don't have much of a leg to stand on. I find it highly suspicious that the evidence for this link is never mentioned in the media.
what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/05/06/opinion/thomas-friedman-germany-the-green-superpower.html
fusion.net/story/129075/elon-musk-reminded-everyone-last-night-how-little-land-would-be-needed-to-power-the-u-s-with-solar/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_China
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's right.

Scientists love money like anybody else, and man made global warming is made up in order to increase taxes on energy bills to gross more revenue.

Don't pay your tax? Enjoy being locked up by the gov!

He's redpilled on most stuff aside from the holocaust.

>The notion that Global Warming theory has any serious scientific merit is ridiculous

Wow, smart guy. Really made me think.

Wow he holds an opinion that's contrary to the establishment narrative, I wonder how long before they do to him what they're doing to reviewbrah.

I see he's as knowledgeable about climate science as he is about military history!

His channel's losing steam, so he's being contrarian.

His videos about global warming are from 2009. And he's not losing stream.

REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THINK

what the fuck?

mind you, he certainly sees nothing at all the matter with concentration camps when the shoe's on the other foot

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wtf I (still) hate Lindybeige now

> What is the evidence for a cause-and-effect link between Mankind's increase in his CO2 emissions and an increase in global temperature?
NECESSARY CONNEXIONS.

He's right actually. Global warming is definitely real, but there's no proof it's people causing it. If anything we can see similar patterns in the past when people didn't even exist yet.

This.

I mean come on haven't your bluepilled cucks heard of the problem of induction?

Global warming is a fucking joke.

Ooh please master jew give me more fucking taxes.

Kek, keep being a tax slave. Because that's what taxes fucking are, fucking Slavery.

Ooh please go to /pol/, I can't stand your redpilled intellect it scares me wahhhh

Kek, not a fucking argument.

>MOM I SAID PAUL, PLEASE GO TO PAUL SO I CAN BE IN MY SAFE CORNER OF THE INTERNET

Ooh let me go to my fucking safe soace

FUCKING KILL YOURSWLF

IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU IS WHY THE WEST IS FUCKING DEGENERATE AND FALLING TO THE ISLAMIC REFUGEES FOR FUCKS SAKE

samefag

He's right. We've never actually found evidence that man is causing the current warming we're seeing. It would make sense for the world to be warming around now since we just got out of a period of cooling 100 years ago.

10000 hours in firebug

even if you aren't samefagging, it's obvious that and are

So the millions of tons of CO2 man is putting into the atmosphere is doing nothing?

I mean I'm all for industry, but its stupid to assume that millions of cars and millions of factories pumping Co2 into the atmosphere has zero effect.

Tbh I have a few samefag caps because the people who call samefag literally never get it right, not even once. It's literally just an "it's impossible for two separate people to say the same thing" mentality.

It has a very marginal effect all things considered.

Here is the deal. I'm the local state capitalist.

That said, China is getting off oil and coal as soon as possible because it is a limited resource.

I'm guessing the argument against global warming being manmade is that we should continue to use coal and oil.

Its just a bad policy all around. We should go thorium nuclear and renewable as soon as possible and also invest in Fusion.

Oil and coal are convenient, but they alternatives are more sustainable for the national security and over all well being.

I mean for fucks sake, China has learned its lesson on why mass coal use is a bad thing (just visit Beijing on a cloudy day).

If say I was a nationalist USA person I would argue that we should get off coal and oil as soon as possible.

So we can cause the price of oil to go down and fuck Saudi Arabia and Russia in the ass when we are all running electric cars.

As a nationalistic policy it makes sense. If it just happens to prevent global warming I guess that is a good thing, but I'd rather fuck Saudi Arabia over all things.

This is a separate argument from global warming being manmade, though. I'd also like to get off the oil meme.

desu i've looked at /pol/'s arguments against the holocaust and I feel like there's too much propaganda from either side to really determine if it's real. the most i'm willing to say is that 6 million is probably an exaggerated number.

the biggest red flag for me is that denying the holocaust is banned in many European countries, which is really fucking weird.

Oh almost forgot.

Solar off grid power is the libertarian dream.

No longer do you have to pay a state regulated monopoly to power your house.

You can now power your house under your own property without giving them a dime.

Also if you have any excess you can sell it to your neighbors.

If you support oil and coal you support state regulated monopolies.

The Holocaust is real. The Germans documented it well.

They even took selfies of them doing it.

They were proud of it. Denying them the fact they did the holocaust is really denying the efficiency of the German war machine.

selfies of one jew being shot in the back of the head doesn't prove gas chambers and mass ovening to the number of 6 million.

It doesn't matter. The argument of if global warming is man made then we should get off of oil and coal.

But my argument is that we need to get off oil and coal anyways for political reason so it doesn't matter if global warming is manmade or not.

We just really need to get off fossil fuels.

They didn't gas 6 million jews. Most of them died of secondary causes such as being worked to death and lack of food and typhus.

Actually typhus was the number one killer of jews.

The also killed quite of a bit on the eastern front through just bullets in the back of the head or a good machine gunning.

Really. To deny the holocaust is basically denying the Germans one of the few great achievements they brought to Europe.

You should realize that if you are supporter of them.

PS The Germans killed more Russians than Jews through starvation in POW camps and killing of partisan villages. They were just efficient at dealing with revolts.

Isn't that the pic which was proved to be of NKVD exterminating polish insurgents?

The NKVD were always up to something, but its not deniable the Nazis had death squads operating in the Ukraine. Some Generals complained about its manpower usage during times when it was critical for the front.

There were even reports of Germans become too upset to continue the killing.

Anyways, the Germans werne't dumb. They just didn't kill everyone. They put many people in camps to work to death as free slave labor. This was a priority for the war effort.

They just didn't want to spend the resources feeding them excessively or curing the typhus outbreaks.

How many exactly died in their camps, and why is it illegal to question in most of Europe?

Here's the thing.
Renewable energy is completely unviable. Unless you want to start tearing down forests and damming every river on earth multiple times, and cover the entire coast of every country with wind plants, and pop a solar panel on every house, there is no way to go green.

We just can't do it. We can't go green, protect the environment, and do both without spending hundreds of trillions of dollars. Do you know how bad the bang for your buck on solar energy is? And just try to power someplace like England with solar energy.

Green energy is expensive, inefficient, impractical, and in many cases environmentally damaging. The technology is simply not there yet, and although I am pro nuclear energy going all in on nuclear power is untenable due to the waste and fact that there is a limited amount of nuclear material to work with.
For at least another 50 years we will have to continue using fossil fuels because no other alternatives exist.

Most sources say about half died in camps.
It's illegal in Europe because Europe does not have free speech laws, meaning whoever is in power can silence their opposition rather easily, butt hurt wins the day in Europe.
>British schools banned a speaker from giving his presentation "Does the Left Have a Problem with Free Speech?"

Half died? So 3 million?

You can always assume his opinion is opposite to whatever the concensus is

That's simply not true.

If you read Ray Kurzweil, more energy is dumped in Rhode island from the Sun than all the current energy usage from all the world at this given time.

Really, its a matter of improving efficiency which technology is doing quite well.

Or all the stories about all the people saving massive amounts of their electric bill once they go solar is a complete lie?

Really, if I owned my own home, I would go solar in a heartbeat to save money on my bill.

Sure the technology doesn't provide 100% efficiency now, but in the future it soon will provide well enough that it doesn't matter.

Or do you want to continue to be cucked by Russia and the Saudis?

We need to develop the technology for electric cars and solar as soon as possible so we can forget about the Middle east.

Sure America is a top producer of oil now, but it still means Saudis get to have a big share that pie and I'm not ok with supporting them in any fashion indirectly.

Look. If the US isn't going to do it, China will. They are spending billions on renewable because they know they won't be cucked by OPEC if they do.

PS Germany has shit sunny days compared to many places in the US, yet they are having a glut of energy now due to solar.

Don't you want to own your own farm where you have your own solar?

Or do you want to pay state monopolies for the right to run electricity.

I'd rather produce my own energy than suck the teet of government monopolies.

That amount of energy is dumped in raw form, sure, but two things.
Do you understand how inefficient solar energy is? Even if we covered the entire island in solar panels it still wouldn't power a single metropolis.
Do you realize how fucking expensive that would be to build that many solar panels?

You're speaking ideals, not facts. The fact is if it were commercially viable people would be selling solar panels with a side of fries. But it's not, it's too damn expensive and doesn't provide near enough energy.
"Just improve efficiency"
Yeah we've been trying to do that for 50 years. It's really hard to make heat efficient. It's the east efficient form of energy transfer on earth, actually.

Actually I was mistaken, it wasn't Rhode Island exactly, but 92x92 square miles of solar plants could fuel the entire needs of the US.

No they fucking couldn't.

Oh your are being obtuse.

For example, there have been more advances in AI in the past 3 years than in the past 30 years.

You simply underestimate the exponential growth of technology.

Hell, its part of capitalism.

Its why Tesla has its high stock price now.

Its why More's Law has existed for the paste 30 years.

nytimes.com/2015/05/06/opinion/thomas-friedman-germany-the-green-superpower.html

Why has the German solar plan been so successful, energy prices are so low in Germany they are shutting down power plants.

Why does every say they save hundreds of dollars after installing solar?

Why have the Chinese glutted the US market with cheap solar panels the US companies can't stay in business because Chinese panels are so cheap?

Really the only expensive thing about solar panels now is the installation.

You doubt technology.

You are a fucking luddite who wants to live in the 1890's.

Technology improves at an exponential rate.

Have you not noticed the boom of the internet, smart phones, GPS, and all the other technologies that we have in our life time.

Do you not understand technological progress?

Really you need to pick up one of Ray Kurzweil's books.

Its an amazing time to be alive in regards to technology.

You are poo pooing it because you have no understanding on how technology progresses.

It will mature on its own. I'm not anti solar energy at all but forcing an expensive and land consuming technology that can't operate during rain or night is a bad move.
China can make solar panels cheap because they have the raw materials there in abundance to make them. We have to buy the materials from China, raising the price exponentially.
It's the same reason Hydroelectric cars never came to fruition. We don't have the rare earth metals in abundance necessary to mass produce them.
We're reliant for the moment on China to go green.
Ironic if you ask me.

>Isn't that the pic which was proved to be of NKVD exterminating polish insurgents?
In German Uniforms, sounds legit.

Can you provide the math that shows that energy from the sun does not fall in that amount of area.

They have done the math. The sun produces that much energy. Its just a matter of producing efficient solar panels that can take advantage of that technology.

Can you produce an article saying the exponential advances in solar are not happening, because they are.

Are you fucking living in the dark ages. Have you not seen Tesla's battery project?

I suppose you haven't played Rimworld either.

You basically get an over supply of energy during sunny times and store it for the not so sunny times.

Its not that hard.

Why is Tesla stock price doing so well? Are the capitalists stupid or something? Shouldn't they be investing in Exxon and BP?

Can you fucking source any of the shit you're spewing?
There's enough potential energy falling on the US every day to power the whole planet for a year. We've known this since the 80s, you're regurgitating old news.

Tell me how the fuck we're actually going to power the US with solar energy though? It's not gonna be at the individual level.
>oh I can spend $20,000 to save 200 dollars on my power bill every month
Very few people can afford to just buy a solar system for their home. Even with subsidizing the costs are still extreme.

fusion.net/story/129075/elon-musk-reminded-everyone-last-night-how-little-land-would-be-needed-to-power-the-u-s-with-solar/

Elon Musk says that is how much land they need.

Apparently he has millions of his own money backing up the claim.

What do you have?

Sorry meant to say 200 a year. Not month. If that was monthly savings solar energy would actually be viable.

>Or all the stories about all the people saving massive amounts of their electric bill once they go solar is a complete lie?
It's a meme.

There is no single country where solar energy was widely adopted without government subsidies. Solar power plants produced energy more expensively than other power plants and the money needed for installing and maintaining solar installation in houses outweighed the savings.

There is also problem of scale - if solar energy makes up some insignificant part of your energy production then there's all fine. However, big energetic systems, can't function properly without proper regulation methods to manage peak energy each day. Sadly, solar power and regulation are at odds with each other, for obvious reasons.

The future is nuclear, for now fission, in the future - fusion - the green shit is simply cancerous waste of money.

I sourced it.

Really, if you start your own billion dollar company shorting Telsa or creating your own fossil fuel company, I might listen to you.

OH hey look. There's enough land. Great.
Again, answer me how we're gonna AFFORD it. Price is always the limiting factor for this. Unless you can make solar energy affordable for the lower class of Anerica it is a useless dead end.

Solar energy is inefficient, expensive, and maintence intensive. Not to mention fickle unless you live in Arizona.

He just uses plain "energy consumption" figure to make it, distribution costs(impedance is always a thing), peak management(yearly and daily alike) and storage costs(it's absolutely crucial for such uses as you won't make much energy at night so you have to store surplus somewhere) are a real thing and you're dead wrong about that

Nice appeal to authority - notice how Musk succeeds with one product out of 100 though :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_China

Maybe the Chinese are on to something. I mean they have the coal if they wanted to use that.

But why grow their renewable energy if its so expensive and undesirable?

Maybe a state capitalist dictatorship doesn't have to listen to lobbies.

>China gets most of its energy from wind and electric
>SEE CHINA USES SOLAR POWER FUGGIN CAPITALIST LOBBIERS ARE WHY WE CANT HAVE SOLAR

Fuck off. Wind hydroelectric and geothermal are all vastly superior in producing energy while also being cheaper than solar is. Solar has the advantage of being usable anywhere with sunlight, but that's it's only advantage, and it's cons outweigh its benefits.

In Capitalism, you appeal to what works.

Musk works because he is a billionaire. If he was some random pleb on Veeky Forums spewing shit, it wouldn't matter.

What's your business plan then, eh? How would you solve the oil cuckery to Saudi Arabia?

You have no understanding of technology, just because its expensive now doesn't mean it will be in 10-20 years.

In 1980, the PC was $3000-$5000. Only a few people owned them.

Now for computers that are considered super computer, you can buy them now for $500 for a decent laptop.

If it doesn't happen in the states, China will lead because they know the problems of fossil fuels. They don't want to be cucked by foreign powers and they spend billions on it to solve this issue.

While the US laggards behind debating whether or not global warming is real.

The Chinese don't give a fuck whether or not global warming is real. They have a nationalistic agenda to make them independent of fossil fuels and they will stop at nothing.

I suppose if nothing else we can steal their technology like they used to.