Redpill me on the Jeep Wrangler

Trading my '12 Mazda 3 for a '15 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited within 24 hours

What should I know?
loc: N. FL

Other urls found in this thread:

static.cargurus.com/images/forsale/2017/01/30/18/02/2015_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-998858577042747944-1024x768.jpeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dont do it?

If you don't actually take it off-road you're a giant fag and don't buy one.

Don't do it. The Mazda is a good daily. Just save your money until you can have both. Wranglers aren't good DDs unless you have a short commute and don't drive on the interstate

Don't trade in the mazda desu

That's gay as fuck homie don't do it

How? The jeep is worth much more.

They drive like absolute ass

>Get doors like pic related
>Don't mall crawl it unless you want to look like the typical 30y/o dad having a crisis
>It drives like the typical soccermom suv
>get those security lock nuts or whatever for the spare wheel
>if you bought the soft top you fukd up
>buy the mopar floormats instead of overpriced weathertech

It's a 2015 Red Sahara that I fully intend to mall crawl and trawl on the beach how bad did I fuck up b?

static.cargurus.com/images/forsale/2017/01/30/18/02/2015_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-998858577042747944-1024x768.jpeg

They want $36,500 for it.

Body on frame design makes it incredibly easy to DIY on repairs or body mods.

I would definitely get a security lock for the hood cause I'm no fan of strangers being able to peep under there.
Budget accordingly, otherwise you're going to be wanting to get every aftermarket mod out there. I'd highly recommend starting with capability mods first, aftermarket bumper for a winch.

Down the line, if you see yourself wanting to lift it for bigger tires, get a supercal (bought mine on Amazon) to recalibrate your gear ratios and other goodies in your Jeep's computer

That's a very good find, love the color.

>Jeep Wrangler
only for bull lesbians and micro penis bros
>Mazda 3
decent cheap shitbox good for young families, no compensation ego association. hetro vehicle girls will think you are sensible and want your babies

don't do it

They match your eyes.

>Not fucking mud sluts because muh economy or muh sensibility

Buying a jeep.
Cons
Shit MPG
Shit Highway driver
Shit speed
Shit Steering
Pros.
You can buy and bolt on almost anything you can think of.
Parts are cheap and plentiful across the entire country
Only convertible truck/suv currently sold.
Bitches love jeeps. Its not a meme
Surprising amount of space in an unlimited.
If you dont mind how it rides on the freeway it is a very very fun truck. Incredible off road. I have never driven a Sahara but from what i have seen they seem to be better on the street then a sport or Rubicon but suffer off-road due to the suspension and tires. Of course if u lift it and put on different tires that goes out the window. (DO NOT get a cheap lift kit as it will exacerbate all the worst qualities of the jeep)

>mud sluts

Are those a thing

Get an older Jeep and learn how to work on them. Spend the money on upgrades.

>but car payments arent much more if I spread it out over 7 years!

Don't think like retards.

Ask your mom

Sounds like a good deal. Wranglers are really good for attracting certain types of girls.

JKs are mall garbage. I have literally never seen a man driving one.

OP here; came back with a Black Rubi for $42k - $6k trade-in so net = $36k for a '15 Rubicon.

The ride is awesome and has more sway then the mazda3. Came with hard and soft top too.

Tires are mud ready but what other mods do you guys recommend?

lol great going moron you bought something soccer moms who want to feel "adventurous"

you're a fucking idiot. now try driving it over 60mph and see if it feels better than the mazda

I wanna lick that butt

Keep is ok too I guess

>excited to see a Wrangler thread for the first time in months
>OP is not only talking specifically about the JK, but he actually fucking buys one

You fucked up

Is it at least manual?

automatic

This board is so shit. Ton of elitist kids who can't afford nice things so no one else is allowed to.

Are you a female?

Or just a bitch.

>What should I know?
The slags cost extra.

took it to 95 mph and it feels fucking glorious; very cautious on turns though

Was it even made to go off-road?

do it , sell the wrangler
buy a newer mazda 3

Congrats on the buy.
They are fun as hell.
Learn to use your lockers and more importantly, when to. They will allow you to get through things most trucks cant.
I use mine for camping quite a bit and find that when fully loaded it sags fairly bad so if you plan on lifting it or hauling alot look into getting the correct suspension for it.
The headlights suck, get a headlight kit or run some other type of lighting. I had a very hard time paper mapping some trails at night with those shit headlights as you cant see anything.
A winch is pretty standard if u plan of getting out there. Look for a mount or bumper you like and dont forget to take the extra weigh into consideration, it will change the handling of your jeep.
Rubber floor mats are great to have and keep your carpet looking new.
I dont know if it is a problem with the new penstar engines but there has been some jeeps that have caught fire because of the transmission(auto) line rupturing and pouring on to the exhaust, so get a fire extinguisher just in case.
While the air box is located fairly high, due to its placement if you hit deeper water at high speeds it can hydro lock your engine. If you go slow though you can safely get through pretty deep water.
In rubicon trim you pretty much get the best stuff so its really great as is. Find a friend that likes to offroad and go try it out stock before you do anything (besides floor mats and an extinguisher). You will learn what you need and want that way. I recommend an off-road park if you are new to off roading.
If you live somewhere nice and plan on taking the doors off a lot buy or make a rack. Nothing sucks more then getting your door scratch when its not even on the jeep.
The BF goodridge mud terrains are Great tires off road but they suck on road and especially in rain be aware of that.

Congrats on the purchase OP. I bought a yj last year and I love it.

That's a girl car

I was in love with the idea of it until I actually went and test drove it
>posh interior
>yacht ride
>have to depress accelerator half way for the thing to literally move
I'm certain anything older than JK is fine, but I'm not interested in paying $10k for a vehicle with 150k miles on it

This. Supercal was my first purchase after a lift. Did not regret it.

gasoline and a match cuckboii
have fun with your death wobbles