/ovg/ - illegal test sessions edition

Final round of RANWEC tomorrow sub-edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

jimmybsnascar03.com/Tracks/tracks.htm
youtu.be/ZQA5mTjF0y4
mediafire.com/file/tlhqqxl19b1qvb6/replay setup mag park.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm new to rf1 and I'm using a controller until my new pedals arrive. The keybindings are awfully strange and only take my triggers as digital input. any help?

>only 1 light source
everytime

/ovg862/ is happening huh

The URD Prototypes are just about the furthest you can get from how prototypes actually handle. They don't handle at all like downforce cars.

See: AC 919 LMP1

>Trusting kunos

just drive the Shiro PX1

it's the slowest but it also has adjustable AWD and sounds like a spaceship

but how do you know what a spaceship sounds like

crossplay m8, anyone that has the game can play with you

Still looking for some PC friends to play Forza Whoreizon 3 with.

Tokisobrutal89 = gamertag pc tag thing
Tokisobrutal = steam

lets cruise, i like subarus, trucks, and classics but will play anything

autism 3.0

oh shit, didnt know that.
Thanks man, weird that our posts coincided.
Cheers!
how does this get me friends btw?

what mod do you have on that vape bro

checked

thats a little screen cleaner bottle...

oh shit, ive never even had trips b4
its a sign.

realistically im drinking and just want to do a few races and talk shit with someone.

Okay so another TurnLeft series in rF2? Anyone interested?

>won't take it so seriously this time
>superspeedways
>fun shit like heats-and-mains for shorter tracks sometimes

How would you all feel about it on Sundays?

Sounds good, not sure if we are racing something on sundays in AC though....

If we can do sundays I can be there to drive. If we do it some other day I dont mind setting it up and just doing post race stewarding.

Porsche Cup for the next two Sundays.

idk man lets keep turning left and right for a while

how about you talk to the elite before you go shitting up the thread?

I'd join

Take it easy and relax man, no need for a series now

How about you work on those GT3s first?

>he doesn't know

>it's another von tries to run a series episode

/ovgslowcars/ when

turnleft IS slowcars

id like to try turnleft in nascar 2003. oval racing just isnt complete in rfactor 2.

make a server then, i recommend using the trucks

what do you guys think of Homebrew Vehicle Sandbox?

I don't

>do 10 lap race in Lotus 78 with 24 other cars

Sure might be good. Would you run like the Glen and shit too for bonus rounds?

God I forgot how much I hate GRID Autosport...

>AI Difficulty
>only adjusts their cornering and braking abilities
>pure acceleration is always faster then the players car
>can come out of a corner 10mph faster then the AI and they will pull away mid way to the next corner no problem

I would have loved the game if it wasn't for this

Probably my bias showing, but I'd prefer a turnleft series in NR2003. We run quick pickup oval races in rFactor 2 at the local sim center every sunday and there are always problems with scoring, the quality of the tracks (we've limited ourselves to just Homestead and California because the others are so bad), and just general shittiness of the mod. You can tell ISI hastily built the cars to try and reel in extra sales from Americans.

NR2003 has:
>low system requirements
>is decent with a controller (IIRC you set the steering linearity slider to the middle and it;s pretty much perfect, no additional tweaking)
>server settings allow fixed setups without a bunch of fucking around
>using everybody's custom skins is literally just them sending a car file they want to use and uploading in a pack, no fucking around with json/veh files
>meme tracks out the ass
>it actually drives like a stock car

Then again this'll be disregarded because >James

Does it have 1975 NASCAR?

oh god the 98T is even worse
>pull out of pits
>accelerate
>swap to 2nd
>spin out

>meme tracks out the ass
Series of figure 8s, those tracks with one lane backstraights, and short tracks like earsplitter when?

>turnright

I don't know how to feel about this

taylor swift arena 500 lap race to the death

Absolutely everything.

These guys have it figured out.

Oh man Von let's do /ovgturnleft75/

Fuck that
Do modifieds instead

fuck that
do furza horizon chav boxes

How about multi class turn left?

There's an entire list of 1970's period-specific tracks.

jimmybsnascar03.com/Tracks/tracks.htm

I wasn't planning on doing it right away, its just its been like 5 months since I've touched a sim and I want to turn left. I just wanted to see if there was still interest.

Lets say we plan something for a couple of weekends after whatever current sunday series end.

Also tentative tracklist?

In no particular order
NotTalledega
NotHomestead
Brookdale
NotRichmond
NotAuto Club
Michigan
Kansas
Pheonix
NotIowa
Watkins Glen
Road America
NotSuzuka
Maybe some converted short tracks from ASRX?

>Teams stop responding to emails
>Manufacturers want licenses
>Increasingly s397 is getting the licenses and doing the shit in house
>GTR3 is coming and one of ours is there to make sure they don't fuck it up even if s397 fucks rF2

Kinda over it. If I get replies I'll help out, and I'll help Apex finish the Viper and Bentley, but honestly just wait for GTR3

>GTR3 is coming

Hehe.

No it's not.

>joesville not listed

Reminder there's some GTR 2 tonight. I've finally realized I could just add a new book to the spreadsheet.
So the info is there

SOON

Is there a mod for AC with realistic clutch interaction?
It really pisses me off that you can just switch gears without having to depress the clutch

A turnleft series after the Porsche Cup sounds neat. I don't really care if it's done in rF2 or NR2003 but from what I've heard NR2003's Netcode has problems with higher pings which would be problematic considering people from all over the World would be racing. We'd still need to test that

I would definitely join because I bought rf2 recently and need some leagues to race in, although I never raced oval before.

IIRC AC isn't too bad at clutch, the gears grind when you don't use the clutch and it damages the transmission.

But forcing you to depress the clutch for at least XX% doesn't work in video games. Many tried (like DiRT 3) but you end up just missing gears.

Upgrade to LFS

That's why I'm asking for a mod
It doesn't have to be perfect I just want it to be semi realistic even if I mess it up here and there

LFS?

live for speed
rumor says it has the best possible clutch mechanics and all the simulation value

>you can drive through entire nurburgring on half clutch, revving as high as possible, and clutch plates are still intact
it is bad at clutch

Better play Forza then, because it emulates clutch damage.

>rumor says it has the best possible clutch mechanics and all the simulation value

Confirmed, LFS is god tier

Triggers me too. I'd play the shit out of codie simcade titles but I just can't deal with the AI not playing by the same rules as me (including terrible rubberbanding in the older titles).

But if you want to do simple touring cars or GTs you can also race agianst the AI in RACE or GTR Evo. Those games are really well polished and also allow for a fun race or two without setting up your wheel and practising for hours.

>Then again this'll be disregarded because >James

Gee, if only there was a way to post anonynmously on this here website. But alas, it's completely impossible. I really know that struggle

>how does this get me friends btw?
because anyone can play with you

>Then again this'll be disregarded because >James

If only you didn't tripfag, maybe you could've had a better chance. Oh well, better luck next time!

Here, have some anime, because it's gay and so are you.

>tfw not in the secret anime club

ill add you but i dont talk

Can you do the series in arca sim racing x with trucks, xfinity or the arca cars? The games drive pretty well and the game is basically rf1. except with some better optimization and cause the lack of headlights on the cars we could do night races without issue.

We would also not need any special mod tracks, all of it is in the launcher, and content is even updated every so often as well.

The game is free if you want to try it.

im still the most qt in that pic

>rF2
>Not NR2003

>tfw F L A T

IF YOU DO THIS AT LIKE 11-12PM EURO TIME I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

>using everybody's custom skins is literally just them sending a car file they want to use and uploading in a pack, no fucking around with json/veh files

>implying you have to do this with RF2

Skins for RF2 is really fucking easy and you don't have to make your own car just make an alt skin for an existing number

youtu.be/ZQA5mTjF0y4

#DIRTCONFIRMED

>NR2003
>move skin to exports_imports
>create new car in game
>send other people the .car file

>rF2
>create new car in game
>move skin to folder
>car automatically downloads

Really makes me think

>hey guys do you think we should actually get the track mesh aligned so the cars sit on the ground properly before we make a trailer
>nah

Don't think I've ever seen a late model with 6" of front ground clearance either.

Actually looking at it some more maybe it's not even that the cars are floating but the suspension isn't moving. You'd think the basic remote car dynamics things would all be working because they've been doing those on every car since forever.

Although really with the way remote cars work in iRacing it's going to be disappointing as shit, since they all run one generic setup (that is sometimes miles off of looking right) while with dirt late models you can really clearly see huge differences in setup from car to car just watching them.

please do it at 11-12 euro time, euros are trash at turn left name one good euro from /ovgtl/?

Kira

Anyone who wasnt paul and katsuo

RBDK was pretty bad too

Euros will still be awake then

Everyone is NEET here

well since i just found out that i cant race next week, i figured i would do the same thing as lime rock and share my setup and replay of the fastest lap i set on the server
hope it helps
mediafire.com/file/tlhqqxl19b1qvb6/replay setup mag park.zip

or play gtr 2 which does all the same stuff but better

ill take you out on purpose aspie

Yeah how iR shows a standard car is going to be super weird on any car with a large amount of suspension travel or body movement. Add in dirt-surface driving where the cars are all sideways all the time (thus, you can see the left wheels relative to the body a lot while racing) and it's gonna be pretty wat-inducing even if you don't know what a real dirt car setup looks like racing.

That wasn't even me

OK, I just dropped 300$ on cool iRacing cars and tracks. How do I activate AI to race with?

Delete coreshaders.mas from GameData\Shared

Where is it located? I don't see it in main game folder nor in MyDocuments.

You're only allowed to use AI if you spend $500 at one time

Are you fucking kidding me?

They removed AI in the 2005 update

Really? I will call my bank to do chargeback then, telling them my 7 years old son used my credit card.

Kirino a best