Best cars for extreme snow

Hi Veeky Forums. What cars have you found work best for extreme snow conditions? (200+ annual inches of snowfall per winter). I am looking at a 10-15k price range

lifted 4x4 truck

not a fucking jeep, that's for sure

OK, what do YOU use then?

The mighty Audi S6 Allroad.

See that was my instinct, but trucks are way too expensive. Unless I want >100k miles

as much as I hate to admit it, AWD Subaru. Outback

I drive a first gen Tundra with all terrain tires. It does ok on 2wd, if I engage the 4x4 it handles deep snow and snow covered roads

hilux

I have a 5.0 explorer AWD with a rear lsd. Bought it with brand new blizzaks and it does better than any other vehicle i've driven. Really it's all down to the tires but 4wd/awd def helps along with having a limited slip

Hagglunds BV206

If the roads are kept reasonably clean, anything with good winter tires basically. Winter tires beat AWD any time. As long as the snow isn't deeper than a few inches, I don't really feel much difference between my FWD shitvan and my Pajero. But if you routinely have to plow through snow deeper than the ground clearance of a regular car or SUV, you do need a 4x4 truck.

Why do toyotafags hate jeepfags so much? Its like a special kind of hatred I only see from toyotafags, Even in real life.

If it has four driven wheels and tires that are made for snow and not too wide there' generally not much else about the car that'll affect snow driving. Snow isn't dense enough for a lift for clearing it to make sense like it does in mud driving.

A $5k Uaz with $5k of offroad mods

But not in America

I dont get it either.
Toyotas are much better all around trucks but stock to stock its quite hard to find anything that can do what a jeep can.

>Snow isn't dense enough for a lift for clearing it

Depends on the location. Here, the temperature often hovers around freezing so snow becomes a layered cake of ice crusts that can cut cloth and skin if you fall into it - I definitely wouldn't want that shit anywhere near my hoses, wires and radiators.

Probably need to drag this out into it's own thread.

man you guys really have some retarded suggestions.

ideally you want a heavy turbodiesel dually

The most important factor is good snow tyres, or at least all seasons. You can have the biggest truck you want but it will suffer if you use regular winter tyres.

Not sure what the US is like but in the UK it is amazing how many people don't do this. One of my colleagues refused to get in my car as "BMWs are bad in the snow!" despite having proper tyres and being perfectly fine.

>turbodiesel in severe freezing conditions

Not a good idea

They do just fine with the right oil, glow plugs and good batteries

I dunno... is your concern getting through 2 feet of fat snow or just dealing with slippery surfaces?

You can find a pretty good XJ like your original picture for $3000. Or a severely modified one for like $7500. Make sure it's running at least 33s. This is unfortunately one of the only cheap options if you are in the states.

Hilux is a better one.

Or this.

454 Suburban.

>Hilux
>snow and salt
Yeah, no.

>diesel dually
>freezing conditions
Yeah, no.
SRW gasser.

Tracker/Sidekick

>XJ