WRX STI Lease

Hi,

Canadian car salesman (sales manager) reporting in. I do it to people all the time but I've never actually had a car myself (always a demo).

I am right about to lease a 2017 WRX STI for $548 per month for 36 months with $4000 total due on delivery, including all taxes.

Is this the best AWD performance car I can get for this money? This will be my first manual car.

Being in the industry I know these cars are incredibly hard to get, especially with a discount. Unfortunately I don't know anyone at a Subaru (I'm with Infiniti). Has anyone purchased one at a discount?

Insurance will be $179 per month.

Thoughts? Looking for any feedback regarding ownership, hoping to pull the trigger Monday, but we will see. I am just feeling extremely apprehensive about it because I am ultra cheap for some reason.

ehh im a quasi manager at my dealerships, i understand the difference in currency between the us and canada but that sounds like a shit deal, i just had a customer lease a ram 1500 with a nearly identical sticker price(44k) for $300 a month with 2,000 down. Are you getting it below or near invoice? STI's hold value very well, im sure you could get a much better deal on a lease

currently demo'in a 16 wrx and i love it, the sti must be an amazing step up, although the ej engine is a bit long in the tooth, its kept the same engine for 10+ years, not sure if its worth the huge price gap between wrx and sti

>I am right about to lease a 2017 WRX STI for $548 per month for 36 months with $4000 total due on delivery, including all taxes.
Holy fucking shit. I hope that is like 15k miles a year, even with the exchange rate that is a shit tier lease. How horrible is your credit?

This is at full sticker price. My General Manager made some calls for me and all the dealers in my area refuse to discount STI's because they have only 1 or 2 available in each store, which sucks.

How's your month going so far? We are dead as fucking doornails.

I test drove both and for some reason the gearbox felt so much better in the STI. I'm honestly considering the WRX solely because it's such a better price.

My credit is pretty good. Up here at least, your credit doesn't affect your rate on a lease. You either get approved or not, since the rates are non flexible. The interest is 1.9%.

Cars are a lot more expensive up here. For example, with $0 down our CHEAPEST Q50 is over $600 including taxes.

Here is the worksheet from the website for an STI with the Sport pack.

>Up here at least, your credit doesn't affect your rate on a lease. You either get approved or not, since the rates are non flexible.
pic related.

At that price just finance the damn car dude. Also if your down payment is 3k maple bucks you cannot afford that car. I had a bigger down payment in real currency on the last 20k car I financed.

>WRX STI

Too bad Mitsubishi canned the Evo X, cause if you could get one brand new I would go for that over an STI

Evo X is a shit tier car with a shit tier engine bro. In 60k my buddy had timing chain stretch, clogged VIMEC? passages (changes his oil every 3k) and the nail in the coffin was the rear diff started leaking like a seive. Traded it for a fucking outback. Never buy an evo x. Ever. My BMW M was more reliable than that shit heap.

why lease?

lol the 60 month finance term is over $787 with the same down payment.

Also, most leases are done with $0 down... I'm only putting the downpayment to bring it in range of my car allowance, which is $600 per month.

I have a ralliart and it's basically the same platform with a few minor differences, my transmission died because I didn't treat it right...

Reliability aside it outperforms the STI in almost every aspect

Except STI transmission isn't made of glass

You are getting fucked broseph. On a 40k car your payment with like 6k down will be under $600. And you actually own the thing. Don't do this. I'm all for leasing but this is a horrible deal.
>Reliability aside it outperforms the STI in almost every aspect
Car with a torn apart engine in the garage can't out perform a bicycle user

might as well get a porsche

From the responses here I take it it's very different in the states. Here's a 5 year finance with 6k down at 2.9% APR. $758.

Don't forget our taxes our 13% too.

Also as I mentioned my GM phoned around and they won't discount an STI as there's only about 12 new ones in the city for sale.

Sucks man

Finance should be compared at 6 years to a lease. 2.9% is also a pretty crummy interest rate. I got that on a 10 year old car and 3.5% for an unsecured "cash in hand" loan. What is your credit score?

acura rlx sport hybrid

Oops, forgot to attach the image. These are the lowest interest rates available from Toyota Credit in my province!

A $580 USD car payment versus a $450 USD lease is a no-brainer user.

I'm sorry, but you cannot afford an STI.

my 550whp evo x is less than that to store and slightly more to drive on a monthly basis

and i LIVE to ABSOLUTLY SPANK people exactly like you in races in literally any scenario

You mean the automatic ralliart? Or have you upgraded to a semi-bitch DCT? I'll take a dynograph thank you very much namefag

thats crazy, subikikes, we discount hellcats and srt8's, and even vipers. mind you we still leave alot of meat on the bones but 1 to 2 grand off on a car with 5-10k in mark up. i havent drove a current gen sti, but the 2012 cant be too different and imo its not worth 10k more. just get a wrx premium and run stage 2, pocket the change.

I have more to put down, but on a lease, you generally put down as little as possible because all you're doing is deferring payments (either paying it up front or spreading it over the course of the lease). Even if you pay the entirety of a lease off in one payment (single pay lease) you are still charged most of the interest so it doesn't make sense to put too much down on a lease.
Why would I spend the extra to finance if I don't want to have the car for 6 years? I don't understand. If the car is worth more than my residual, I can buy it and sell it, but I probably won't bother.

It's the same way right now with our QX80 and Q60 coupe, we don't discount them at all. We are mandated to give the incentives away, or else we'd keep them too. I walked a guy over $400 on a $92,000 QX80 on Wednesday, I couldn't believe it when my GM told me to send him packing.

Because you plan to keep the car for four years? As a sales jew you have to understand that leasing a car like this for the short term is a horrible fucking ass raping. I mean, $4500 more over three years and you at least "own" the thing. $150/mo to not just piss it all away? Do you honestly think leases are made in your favor for a car like this? Buy, or find something else to lease.

I wish I got a demo. Shit, the dealer I'm at now doesn't even buy us lunch once a week.

>3k in pack
>minimal weekend spiffs

>No demo
>No free food.

You're a lucky fucker OP. I need to find a new dealership

Wait... with the same downpayment, over 3 years, I am spending $18,790 including tax and interest. $451 per month.

On a 6 year finance I am spending $45,626 including tax in interest. $758 per month.

How do you get $4500 more to finance it over three years?!??!!!?!?!?!?

If you sell cars you should probably just neck yourself since you're already the scum of the earth.

Last three months have been complete shit. I live in an oil producing state and oil is down the shitter. Trynna get out of the business now

The finance company is basically banking the car will be totalled before 36k miles

>you're already the scum of the earth

Quit telling me things I already know user.

First I'm talking about real currency, USD not whatever plastic images of the queen you print your debts on. The difference is, at the end of three years, do you think you will own $4500 USD less on the loan that what the car is worth? If so you break even. If not and your plan is to simply eat depriciation for the next buyer, go for it. Thats all a lease is, paying for the new car depreciation while you finance the whole car.

Is it worth it for an STI in the States? Hell fucking no. In top hat land? I seriously doubt it should you hold on to the car for four years and actually make a 20% downpayment.

You are buying beyond your means. Stop drinking the kool aid you peddle to fools on the daily. You should know better.

Shit man that sucks. I get a demo (always middle of the road packaging for a quick sale when they come off the road). I got one when I was a sales guy too.

We don't really get spiffs tho unless someone pulls a hat trick.

No pack either, I don't even really know what a lot pack is, I've heard of them but never experienced one.

What's also nice is the sales guys get $20 per business office product sold too.

The problem with our dealership is that service will charge $2500 for every fucking used car safety, so our gross on used vehicles is always so low it makes it not even worth selling.

truth
and in NO WAY am I anti-lease. If you want a new car every three years an can afford it, knock yourself out. But if your reason to lease is "I can't afford to finance" you are possibly the worst sales manager on earth user. You can't afford an STI, lease or no lease. Do yourself a fucking favor and buy a used STI if you so please.

I live in a pretty small market where one auto group owns basically everything so after they bought all the other dealers they upped pack and holdback to obnoxious levels. A new car at full MSRP is 7/10 a mini. Because if you don't work for us, who are you gonna work for?

Our service fee inspection is an automatic 1200$ before they start fixing shit. And we get 0$ from finance. I'm trynna get out of the business now. Been in for about four and a half years

What means? I'm just trying to stay within the confines of my car allowance so Toyota Credit can invoice my dealership directly.

If not then I have to pay and they reimburse me and it's always such a hassle because then everyone knows your shit.

Just buy a WRX man. STI is dope but it's too much money for what it is. You can get into a brand new Wrx for like 26k?

Are you saying the lease will be free, or it will come from your paycheck?

If its the former, knock yourself out. If it is the latter, user, you of all people should know better. Stop looking at your monthly cash flow as what you can afford you fucking fool. Do you want to be poor forever? Why are you four-squaring yourself?

Nope, I can take a demo, or a $600 car allowance. I've had like 8 Infiniti's in a row now, and my options for my next demo are a QX30 and a QX70 which are both absolutely terrible.

Might as well give a manual a shot are my thoughts and this is the best car I can get in the $600 range with minimal down.

Oh my bad, if you get a free STI knock yourself the fuck out. I didn't realize you had an allowance. You should have put that in the OP.

In that case hell fucking yeah, pay the 4k on delivery and drive for free for three years. There is no better car in class if that is what you like.

>AWD is super gay tho
But if you live in canadia and deal with snow may be worth it. I drove a turbo AWD in snow hell for a decade, now my DD is just a FWD with winter tires. Honestly, winter tires on FWD or RWD>AWD on all seasons. Winter tires on a subaru AWD=GOAT.

Do it.

What's the lowest for someone that doesn't work at a dealership could buy a 2017 STi for? I got a dealership to go down to $34k and am finding it hard to get a better deal.

>Might as well give a manual a shot
You'll never go back user. STI has a super easy clutch too. Autos are for fags.

Didn't realize this was a FREE lease less down. Leases are made for people like you. Get the manual STI, rape it for three years for $4k, and then reflect on what shit tier cars you sell.

user, I give you my seal of approval. I was only naysaying since i didn't know allowance. DO IT FGT. You won't regret it. I HATE subaru but if you like the STI on a test drive, and you've never owned anything but shit cars, you will love that thing.

Post back when you get it. I do have to ask, can you drive a manual? I have way too many friends that roast their clutches in AWD cars not knowing how to launch.

What options? And where do you live?

Haha yeah, I also spent some time in a Golf R and it just didn't feel.... good? I don't know, it just didn't tickle me the way the STI did. I was planning on getting a set of Blizzaks when they go on special in the spring. I'll ride out the all seasons until then.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was the STI wouldn't ever let me shift into first until I was stopped. Not really a problem but it is not at all what I'm used to.

You know the four square and what not, are you in the business?

>You know the four square and what not, are you in the business?
No, I'm just not poor like most poster here and know your jewbag tactics (no offense). Hence why I always have cash in my bank account either personal or loan before I walk into your finance manager's office.
>The only thing I couldn't figure out was the STI wouldn't ever let me shift into first until I was stopped. Not really a problem but it is not at all what I'm used to.
Yeah, thats how manual transmissions work bro. You need to be going under 10mph to shift into it. It's either the gearing locking you out or an electronic means. Don't do that ever again please. This kills the manual.
>Golf R
Golf R a shit. You've made a wise choice for a free car. A shit choice for a new car, but if I was you, I'd put that 4k syrup money down and drive the fuck out of it.

It's pretty much stock, I tested one with the short shifter and didn't like it that much. It has just the auto dimming mirror, edge guard, and side molding. I live in New England, so I've been shopping across most of the states.

woops sorry that is the public account, dont email that lol.
[email protected]
and i'll hit you up.

Shit, rustbelt? Have you considered someone like Carmax who would be willing to ship in a clean out of area car?

Yeah I think I'm going to sign it up tomorrow, I'll make a thread when I do

I do sort of know how to drive manual. I taught myself using a Mazdaspeed 3 we were wholesaling due to frame damage one night. I'm pretty good at it now, but I figured I'd slap the shit out of a STI for 3 years and by then I'd be pretty good at it...

I might also get the STI exhaust since I have about $23 per month to spend before I hit my car allowance cap. YouTube videos seem like it actually sounds worse.

Buy the car, but know there is a huge difference between being able to drive a manual, race it roasting the clutch, and actually not sucking balls.

Its really not that hard but its the type of thing you need an angry ass instructor yelling at you from the passenger seat. Just like proper tarmac/gravel racing. With the right people (read:not the faggots here except 5%) you can get 9/10ths, but I'd highly recommend paying for a driving a school where you get bitched at for eight hours.

I have but the issue is that I don't want to deal with past ownership issues. STi attract the wrong crowd and for the extra money, I don't worry about service cost the next couple of years. Rust is rust, I make decent wage 125k/yr at 26 with no student loans so i think this would be financially viable if not slightly excessive.

Uhh...I make 70k/yr with 50k student loan debt and own FAR nicer cars.
>3k civic or stop being a bitch
IDK what rent is in your area but i'm sure you've plenty of cash flow.

oh my bad you mean new. messed up CAD for USD. do it if you want.

you are more than financially responsible. maybe wash down that new car with an eight ball and chardonay

I live in NE and make 173k a year at 24, and even then I wouldn't put money into a car if it gets rusted that fast.

>my only fears are the UV rays destroying my $2500 soft top
I feel for you rust fags, be it the salt or ocean.

I have 20k of firearms literally sitting in a closet cuz no rust and no roody poos. Thank god for insurance.

I really dont mind it cause I will usually buy a car ever 5 years or so, so rust inst really anything i worry about too much.

I honestly didn't deal with rust even with my 04 accord that's been here from the start. Back then I didn't do half the stuff I would to maintain a car. I think if I were to get it, I'd go across the border and get krown spray underneath yearly anyways.

damn thats fucked. gl bro, can't give you financial advice. but thank you for making feel better about this desert wasteland i live in lol

Leasing is paying depreciation. You're paying depreciation on a car that doesn't depreciate appreciably in 3 years. You'd be retarded to take that deal.

This.

In my areas turbo Subarus go for 3-5k above blue book. So you'd pay an extra 3-5 grand basically because you could sell it after three years without paying out the ass