/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Dumb Burgers Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>place to actually discuss the game
reddit.com/r/warthunder

>teamspeak you can use
ts3.nogf.moe

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/4468-a-new-japanese-premium-tank-the-chi-nu-ii-is-now-available-for-purchase-en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for gas all shills

Second for anime

>early

kys

second for will we ever get a good tank game made by competent developers

when

bote cbt when etc.. etc..

>play it1 on sim
>chief got me pinned in bad spot
>say in all chat that im out of ammo and pinned down, requesting help
>the chief actually rushes in and gets 1 shot by my meme rocket

i havent laughed this hard in months

>second for will we ever get a good tank game made by competent developers

Nope when it comes to Gaijin because the head director of the development team appreciates artificial balance more than realism and doesn't allow the programmers to make everything as real as possible = fact.

This is why APDS/FS and HEAT do less damage to tank crews than in real life.

its completely fine if the temperature inside tank goes 900c becuz its only for a small moment

T: giga blyad slav king head of gaijin :D

Yeah... atleast those crew members who don't die should go unconscious for like 5 seconds or something - atleast from HEAT/FS and APDFS hits... APDS doesn't necessarily cause such a big pressure pike inside the tank.

when

Gaijin said they're not gonna add the T-64 unless they decide to add tanks with composite armors for every nation at the same time.

>getting uptiered in the tiger 1e to fight t29 spam

>player editable G limiter added
>US nation becomes number 1 energy fighter

Try to flank them and shoot just above the roadwheels below middle of turret --> ammo goes boom... Frontally you can try to get lucky with APCR if theyre close, check the armor weakspots in tank preview.

>play early coldwar SB
>its maus vs t54s
>play latewar SB
>its IT1s vs trash

))))

>shoot ammo from the side
>it turns black

Nah, if I'm on their flank I'd rather disable the gun and then kill the crew than trust Gaijin RNG ammo mechanics.

Also:
>just flenk xD

Steel Armour: Blaze of War

Limited to just T-62 and M60A1 but it's got fully modelled interior and is a great game

> put unlockable decal on front of sherman
> enemy too busy reading what it says to shoot at you, giving you precious seconds to shoot at him

r8 my sun-tzu level of masterful strategy

>when you only have a Chi-Ri II and M4A3 as backup

>Nah, if I'm on their flank I'd rather disable the gun and then kill the crew than trust Gaijin RNG ammo mechanics.

The RNG applies only to depleted ammoracks, ie. if an ammorack of 10 rounds has only 4 rounds left you have 40% probability of blowing it up when damaging it (and if fully empty its removed from the interior model altogether, ofcourse).
The floor ammoracks of T29 are virtually always full because people only take enough ammo away to get the turret empty.
Shooting to the turret side and taking out gun breech first works aswel but the floor ammoracks on T29 are a nobrainer OHK usually.

>Also:
>just flenk xD

Nothing much else to try unless you want to get brave with lucky frontal APCR shots ))

>i spawn when i am bottom tier like the bottom bitch i am IRL

it doesn't matter since i'll play the AA truck rush to cap point into bomber anyway

gods work

i started doing pic related as meme but it ACTUALLY works

sounds insane but a lot of people go for it, i dont know why but they just do

does the 'free' eagles app still block bluestacks?

finally something to counter atgm shitters

>suddenly every single tank in game is unable to penetrate top tier vehicle

why would they make m60, leopard, t62 and chieftain useless?

>sim event
>everyone else 7.7
>japs get 8.0 and 8.3

lmfao thanks gaijin

>just flank!

Early MBTs used composite armor mostly on front glacis and turret so it wouldnt be so dramatic. Pic is T-64.

Low tiers are maximum comfy.

Composite armor is mostly useful against HEAT/FS warheads beause the ceramics mess up the hypersonic copper jet - against APDS/FS it has little to no effect.

>Early MBTs
in case of Soviet tanks, all MBTs. Only glacis and turret cheeks. Thickness of composite in turret depended on exact point. First tank to improve that layout was T-90A, where composite was distributed equally on entire frontal profile of turret, bar for gun mantlet

>yesterday I unlock Panther A then close the game and go to bed
>today I roll a 75% RP bonus and use it
>first battle with the Panther
>kill two and cap a point before having my engine disabled
>can't repair
>die
>thanks Gaijin for making me having to research a life-saving equipment
>the battle proceeds well and end up MVP
>mfw this is how much I researched in what was actually a good battle for a shitter like me with a 75% bonus on a victory
[SCREAMING INTERNALLY]

would work, though

lol have to try that out when I get the T-54 '47 soon - gonna put it at the center of the 120mm UFP ^^

That's alot you mong.

>1946 sim

[muffled kúrva in the distance]

>Nippon 60 kg bombs have 78 mm pen
>They actually wreck tanks in ground forces

Fuqqq

Only if you drop them literally inside.

It's not nearly enough to unlock it anytime soon. And then there will be the extinguisher, that I can't unlock before I get another module. Panther already behaves like a brick, while everyone around is a slav racecar made to bounce shells; this game seems like it's made to convince its players to stop playing.

just saw it

is of balance))

>no gook,bong,kraut bias

well, fucking drop em then, use fuse delay 2 sec

> all those fluxcapacitor equipped nip tanks

there's a new jap premium tank

warthunder.com/en/news/4468-a-new-japanese-premium-tank-the-chi-nu-ii-is-now-available-for-purchase-en/

>something new to shill for
>shills INSTANTLY come out of their holes

this isnt even funny anymore

We'll give you money when you'll start to get your shit together Gaijin. Now fuck off.

devs forgot to enable the barrier on this map's sim version

Is the KV-1 ZIS-5 worth researching if I have to research KV-1S too? Seems to me that since it can go as high as against Tiger I H1 and Panther D it won't be really useful and it would be better to resarch KV-2 and 85

>tfw no qt femboy bf to cum on

)))))))

As I said here: Go for the SU-85 instead. Oh and skip the T34-57, it's awful. Get the STZ

time to camp the airfield

nice bothunt there, senpai

which way is that?
I've driven 17 minutes to the north-west but found nothing.

>check it
>it's virtually Chi-To with worse armor and turret traverse, yet sitting at same BR

how do i kill an asu-57 with a soviet tank? I don't have enough depression to even hit them.

only players count to Heavy Metal Hero

I'm currently researching the SU-85. I skipped the SZT does the front armour make that much difference?

Fucking brit ammo is worthless, they make you into a literal cuck.
All you do is disable crew members and modules making it easier for your teammate(bull) to get the kill(your wife)

STZ gun seems crap, the T-34-57 gun has atleast good pen even tho crappier front armor... just don't get hit derp.
t. somene who skipped Rank 2 T-34's altogether

What T34 are you on now? I just went with the STZ so I could pair it up with the SU-85 and KV-1S. Frontal armor has actually bounced more than I thought, especially when angled

It uses the same shells as the KV-1S and ZiS-5 which is above it, it's been performing very well for me, barely failed to pen.

The 57mm might have more pen, but the shell is so small it barely deals any damage.. And the "top shell" only has 30g of TNT where the STZ at the same BR has 108.8g with sacrificing to a 98mm pen

Might also add that the 57mm T34 has less armor.

It barely performed well at 4.0 for me, gives me the shivers that the premium model sits at 4.7 with 8mm more turret armor which barely helps..

I use the 1941 since I got talisman on it and 1942, Seems like adding the SZT won't change enemy lineup since I need at least 4.3 to face the nashorn and Panzer IV/70. So I guess there's nothing to lose with the STZ.

>Its a player uses a Kugelblitz as an MBT episode

The 1942 performed surprisingly well at 4.3 for me while I was researching the STZ after the 57 flop.. Gotta say it's my favorite T34 so far(on my way to the 85).

>The 57mm might have more pen, but the shell is so small it barely deals any damage.. And the "top shell" only has 30g of TNT where the STZ at the same BR has 108.8g with sacrificing to a 98mm pen

STZ is 0.7 lower BR and does have more OHK potential for it's tier but the 57mm has 30% faster reload and with the better pen it's good at sniping multiple long range targets and depending on target you kill them with 2-3 shots at most... tho I did change to the T-34-85(D-5T) as soon as possible (which is gold in it's BR).

I suppose, but I'd rather take one-shots.

Is the T34-85 as good as they claim it to be? Absolutely fucking love the SU-85 so far, even without the BR-365A shell

That feel when a random Kugelblitz flanks me and recks my T-44-100 from the side - and this isn't even uncommon.

85 is the best of the T-34s

I do well with both the 1942 and 41 but I kind of dislike the rest of the lineup I have at 3.7, I do far worse with the SU-76 than I did with the ZIS-30 and the first KV-1 is absolute crap since the gun can't do shit but thankfully the talisman on the 1941 helps a lot so I will be able to replace it soon.

Both the D-5T and the ZiS-S-53 versions?

And which lineup do I chose for the 5.3 one? ISU-122, then the KV-85 or keep the KV-2?

What's your current lineup? The KV-1 L11 is indeed crap, but a somewhat good last-option tank. If you don't want the SU-85 yet, the SU-122 is a monster.

t. Skipped the ZiS-30 and SU-76M

>Both the D-5T and the ZiS-S-53 versions?
biggest difference is that ZiS gets apcr
>the KV-85 or keep the KV-2?
depends do you want a fast shooting gun or a meme explosions gun
i'd go with the kv-2 just for the heck of it

>tier 3
Who cares?

KV-1 L11, T34 1941 and 42, SU-76, and SU-122. I usually go 1941 than 1942 and than if possible SU-76 or SU-122. I can't do much with the SU-122 yet since I'm not used to aiming the howitzer so I frequently miss the first shot.

>Is the T34-85 as good as they claim it to be?

The T-34-85(D-5T) is my best performing Soviet tank and I love it.
I skipped grinding the 5.3 T-34-85 and wen't straight for the T-44 because didn't think there would be a significant improvement over the D-5T version (except for a fifth crew member and APCR, but then again you're going against tougher enemies).

Alright, thanks! Might just use the KV-2 and use the research for the IS-1 instead

I see, you'll get the hang of it soon. It's literally able to one-shot T-10Ms with it's HEAT...

Hm, I see. Is the T-44 as good as they say? How well can it actually flank in RB?

Planes in tank battles are insulting.

It's a racecar with a bouncy turret and APCBC immune UFP.

>wah wah why can't I just hide all game and snipe like a pussy
I bet you're an ATGM nigger or a nazibunker player

t. aa truck

just embrace the flying in tank battles, your blood pressure will thank you.

IS the heat that much better than the HE? I managed to hit the fucking 88 truck with three he shells today destroing his canon breech and barrel twice yet in the end he managed to reapir it before I reloaded and one shot me

It's OK for it's BR, I haven't researched every modification yet but it's pretty swift and yes you can flank well with it - also many meme bounces from the front glacis when you're slightly angled and top tier in battle.

>gunner gets taken out
I GUESS WE BETTER RELOAD THE CURRENT SHELL THATS CHAMBERED

why gayjin

HE is just a big ball of fire
HEAT is a concentrated ball of fire going in one direction size of a needle

>mfw Charioteer br 6.3 keeps throwing me into br 7.0 matches

A BIG needle

I'm not interested in planes, I don't want to grind them, I don't want to play them. I'm here for the tanks, because I like tanks.

I'll just drop the game until I feel the need to drive a tank again.

Goodbye Gaijin, I could have been a paying customer: good thing you're too shit to fool me.

you'll be back tomorrow, just like every other fool who tries to leave war thunder behind

remember you're never gonna get those shiny modern tanks if you dont grind for FUCKING THOUSANDS OF HOURS!

Would you say it's actually something looking forward to from the T34-85? I can just see that gun struggle at 6.3..