What does Veeky Forums think about Toyota?

What does Veeky Forums think about Toyota?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfpZRbjzeUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2010-current = rubbish

Elaborate further.

who /gazoo/ here?

No its just general unreliable trash.

2006-2009 is the 2nd worst period and they havent made anything good since 1999

He cant

it's a car!

They are just shit

Lexus make all the interesting cars, Toyota is literally lexus's poorfag arm for normies who wane econocuck boxes

They are excellent cars.
Reliable and practical.
What makes them shit?

I love it.
They keep enthusiasts in mind.
They make cute, fun little RWD/awd cars like startlet and such.
Or they give a V6 to their most feminine car the rav4 for shits and giggles
Or they make insanely dangerous but affordable and extremely well handling MR2 series and keep it going until 2007.

Compare it to honda who makes the prelude, which looks like an rwd car
Then makes del sol which looks like mr2 car.

And then makes integra which definetly should be an rwd car I mean whats the point of making it fwd right? It would be retarded....
Fuck honda.

>Unreliable
try good b8 next time.Toyota is known worldwide as most reliable.

>Corolla
>not rubbish

>implying

gt86
upcoming supra
upcoming mr2

toyota makes great enthusiast cars and sportscars. They like no other tend to not make and develop such cars when economy isn´t great,

Every enthusiast that is a hardcore fanboy of any other manufacturer will refuse to accept the fact that Toyota is the most successful automotive brand on the planet. This thread will probably be heavily ignored and die because of this.
>/thread

toyota is great but boring

lexus is great but overdone with unnecessary electrical systems and covers

lexus is getting near german car territory with their bullshit 5 billion sensors that unnecessary increase your maintenance cost

all things considered i think lexus is probably the best brand to buy a NEW car from right now. they hold value and are super reliable.

>upcoming mr2
DEAR GOD PLEASE
source?

the fuck you say nigga?

>a plastic shell painted to look like a Corolla
This is like saying the Camry is a race car because it's in Nascar.

Well I mean yeah user every manufacturer has a boring branch for normies and families. The point of toyota IS to be reliable and boring. Lexus is for the performance and fun. Rice died with Scion and thank god for that.

Go look it up nigga

>There’s no mention of any performance improvements so for now, expect to see the same 140-horsepower and 126-pound-feet of torque from the four-banger.

Problem?

the gt86 is a subaru
> but toyota owns subaru!
there's a fucking boxer engine in it. It's literally a brz with toyota badges and slight body modifications. It's not their car.

The chassis is toyota

>more of the car is toyota than subaru part for part pound for pound
>its a subaru because i say so
how about no

it was announced with supra and they're making it after supra.
Hopefully new MR2 will still be murderous.

>all boxer engine cars are subarus
gt86 is as much toyota as a subaru.
I am not a fan of the boxer but I am a fan of the car.
It's the successor to ae86 but intsead of a nimble, light tougay corolla it's a nimble light tougay sportscar.

>Hopefully new MR2 will still be murderous
Ohh user, you know it won't. I can accept that it will probably be a hybrid of some sort and have TCS and ABS and all that shit. I just hope it doesn't look like a sharp, jagged piece of shit...

is that a 1zz

It'll still be prone to snap oversteer if you act stupid.

Even on zzw30 you could easily take off power steering, and disable other aids.

Only thing I wish is that it's not going to be a hybrid. I just want it to stay simple, featherweight, sub 2.0l engine and elise tier handling

True. I daily an sw20 and have a ton of fun with it. If they can bring back the Mr2 and make it playful despite modern regulations, I will be happy. Will always miss pop up headlights though.

also, if they do make a new Mr2, what will the chassis code be? Aw -> Sw -> Zzw -> ?w?

Both a new Supra and MR2 will be garbage. They will be performance cars that aren't tuner friendly. Just look how shit the new NSX is vs the old one.

Grocery getters. A reliable transportation from point A to point B.
Old Toyota's long dead

>using honda, a company that goes out of their way to make all cars fwd, as an example
lmao no.
gt86 turned out amazing.
If supra turns out good mr2 will turn out good.

Yeah popups are great and sw20, despite being different from other 2 is by far the best looking and most practical.
you´re thinking of honda.

Halo cars

>Ford
GT

>Chevy
Corvette

>Dodge
Hellcat

>Nissan
GT-R

>Subaru
STI

>Honda
NSX

>Toyota
Corolla

Dull safe cars for people who just want to get from a-b with out an issues

I drive one. Very dependable. I've actually been to the dealer more often for recalls (including a brand new turbo!) than for actual services.

However it's weaksauce (as are all econohatches) and the interior feels a bit cheap and has developed noticable rattles over the years.

200GT MF12

Remember when Toyota made a $375,000 car and it was sold out half a year before production even started?

That's not in production, dumbass.

Nice yamaha

unreliable shitboxes

Boring cars, except for the Gt-86.

My sister has a 1.0 Yaris 3 cylinders and apart from being slow outside the city (but not as you may think) it has a nice steering and suspension, the interior are meh and the driving position is horrible.

If they only would give these car some character they'd be more interesting for sure...

I'm pretty sure they announced they were doing a sport version of the yaris to compete with the FiST and other cars in that segment

youtube.com/watch?v=IfpZRbjzeUU

>consumer report

literally worthless

sexii