/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Rotting sack of hearts Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/6/451852118778710866/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dumping pics with Serena and Hatshepsut. Lemme know if you need any specific items before I send them back later.

And some thinking poses 'cause why not.

Pawns havee plenty to think about.

That's it for now. Killed Daimon 3 times already, gonna head them through the 2nd stratum.

>thinken of scathers

I saw her using Body Binder only once, but she used it to immediately bind the stronger enemy of the bunch, so very well. As for the skill itself, eh, the ranger hired pawn I played with for a lot of hours (the sexy goddess Carmilla) used it pretty often and I liked it, but I usually play with 2 pawns (Kiryu in the melee with me and one hired ranger) in that case an immediately binded enemy can be convenient (especially if I'm surrounded while Kiryu is away because he likes to blitz stikes a lot), but with 3 paws it's less convenient.
Fearful Din can be useful if used with the right timing, but the duration of its effect is very limited. Maybe you should try it by replacing Body Binder.
I'd say you should give her deathly arrow and/or comet shot for sure, both have useful knockback effect. I think deathly arrow has better knockback, while comet shot is better for targetting weakpoints.

Releasing her with Necrophagous Loin to enhance Scalding Razors, in case you give her new skills I can help testing them later.

Whoever created Aria is amazing, she is just a perfect combatant for BBI and Everfall. You amazing person deserve my deepest gratitude!

Oh god, what did she do?

Saved my retarded ass from archhydras mouth and from countless harpy and drake grabs, my main pawn is cucked by her basically

Aw, she's just trying her hardest. Thanks, user.

>my main pawn is cucked by her basically
Now there's a new fetish.

Yea...this is slowly getting me into cuckquean..

Is there a mod that merges all 4 inventories to one?

Does anyone at all still play this on 360? Sometimes I feel like doing some BBI runs again, but it's not the same without /ddg/.

>want to finish search party
>gaynard is in aernst castle
>check
>no he is not
>5 days later
>lol he is still in aernst castle, t. quest marker

NO HE IS FUCKING NOT YOU FAGGOT GAME

I want to hug my pawn.

Released little Rheya as well, with a miasmite (material for Laurel Circlet).

tfw no Arisen gf

Should I install DDO? How many people here play it, and how many Westerners in general?

You do realise that the quest marker in Ærnst Castle isn't actually in Ærnst Castle, but that's the generic “somewhere/anywhere in Gransys” marker, right?

Will be sending Kiryu and Syvona back some time soon. If you guys want anything at all, now is the time to speak up.

Syvona did everything a mage ought to do and then some - I forgot how rad can the Grapnel mages be. That said, I'm pretty sure you don't want Scather on mages /sorcs, but I haven't seen her climbing anything this time, so... I dunno, maybe it's fine. Also, she's the most fashionable caster I've hired so far, good on you.
And Kiryu continues to prove that pawns can use Divine Defense effectively, not wasting any time defending, yet still eating up grabs and spells with it. Hindsight is a bit of a waste on him though - I've seen him use it once or twice, but he wasn't dodging anything.

>I'm pretty sure you don't want Scather on mages /sorcs, but I haven't seen her climbing anything this time
The climbing thing is a meme. If the pawn has bad foe knowledge and doesn't know how to approach the target, Scather will sometimes lock their AI into the most effective thing they know for sure will work, which is climbing the target. But if the pawn has good enemy knowledge and spells that can exploit the target's weaknesses, using it will be much higher in the AI's priorities than climbing.

I've found that Scather is extremely good on both Sorcs and Mages because it locks them into an extremely aggressive AI pattern that keeps them attacking at all times. When you actually get hit with bad status effects or have really low HP, the AI will default to support mode anyway if they have support spells equipped, so you don't actually need Utilitarian or Mendicant to get that type of behavior. It can be a problem if you want them to preemptively be healing and such, but they'll still do their jobs if you have Scather on, and they'll use their offensive spells a lot more often too.

I run Scather/Mitigator on my own sorc and it works extremely well for me.

Thanks for hiring him again, man!

>If you guys want anything at all, now is the time to speak up.

If you a spare Electrum that would be great, need it for the 3 stars bonus block of his shield.

>And Kiryu continues to prove that pawns can use Divine Defense effectively, not wasting any time defending, yet still eating up grabs and spells with it.

Freaking neat.

>Hindsight is a bit of a waste on him though - I've seen him use it once or twice, but he wasn't dodging anything.

Eh, I was hoping he could learn to use as a second defensive move, and, since, the knockback power and range of the counter is really good, it could have been good as sort of support skill for the whole party. I'll replace it with Anter Toss or with Full Moon Slash for those low stamina cost i-frames.
Sadly the dumbass seems allergic to any kind of third sword skill.

xth for Von Asswhoop is bara

The way I heard it, Scather pawns tend to end up closer to enemies, so bad things happen to them if they're casting. Could be a misconception (or placebo on my part), but it seems somewhat true for my own strider.
Oh well, never had a sorc /mage main pawn myself, so I believe you - and Syvona managed just fine with it anyway.

>Electrum
It shall be done.

>Anter Toss or with Full Moon Slash
Toss is always a solid pick. Full Moon too, though I've no idea how will it interact with Dragon Maw.

Death pls

>tfw no scythe vocation
>tfw no dervish vocation

What a splendid woodland!

Ranger is quite surprisingly fun to play

So i just beat daimon with the help of aria and a shitload of curatives that i spent all my gold on.

Was a fun ride, im taking some time off dragons dogma now and i will probably return after some time to do post-daimon bitterblack isle and probably rush through ng+.

This general is very pleasant and i absolutely adore it, you are a lovely bunch of people.

Smell ya later friend
Don't take too long

Love you too, user. Come back soon, BBI 2.0 is an entirely different wild ride.

So uhh why would I ever want to play Warrior over literally anything else again? The damage does not even nearly justify how fucking slow and clunky it is to play.. Nearly no defensive options too.
And THREE fucking skill slots.

Because HUEG SWORD

If that's not enough to convince you, warrior isn't for you.

Thanks a bunch!

ive been messing around with assassin some.

does anyone actually use sword and shield on it? or is it just there for derp reasons?

Honestly, if you aren't overlevelled the damage and the skills of sword and the protection of shield are needed.
Inb4 but I use masterful cheat. Then that's your problem, that's basically assassin's personal cheat bow.

Well that was scary. My save somehow got corrupted. I had a backup of it thankfully though. Almost lost 118 hours of gameplay...

steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/6/451852118778710866/
last post in this thread saved my ass

>kill Grigori as he's diving at the tower
>game goes to load screen
>get the sleeping chime
>skips all the cut scenes and goes straight to waking up in Cassardis
>post-game sky is now just regular sky but everything is still normal post-game stuff

If I start new character from 1 lvl, will I lose progress to achievements like "collect 350 unique armor and weapons" or "complete all non notice sidequests"?

>It shall be done.

Thanks man!

> I've no idea how will it interact with Dragon Maw.

Eh, I get you mean.

Look at this She-goat

Crowe has this effect on women

Nope.

Ever a pleasure.

What's that, a talking pink sun?

>warrior pawn
>give him a mace and magick shield with no skills for shits and giggles
>unstoppable war machine of perfect blocking and gigantic damages with the augment set I had for warrior

>warrior pawn
>mace

>tfw can't get arc unpacker to work properly
>tfw can't hire vincent in all his glory because I want to use the alternate level scaling

Correct friend.

aren't maces only available for Magic Knights?

hookmod
Is he hireable?

Thank you very much. I did give her deathy arrow and swapped body binder for fearful din couple of hours ago. Atleast I think so, I still have a fever since sunday.

They sure are! The d8input mod has an override to wear things not for your vocation though.

I have no idea! It'd be nice to figure out though, I'll go set his skills up at an inn.

What is a good level for hires?
My level 200 gets no random hires since getting there, unless they are just hired out and haven't been returned yet.

I'm guessing around 50-80 would get lots of hires for BBI and post-game?

just hookmod and keep setting your exp back to 0

>My baby
That's disturbing

Here we go if anyone wants to check if he can be hired, not sure what mace skillset I'll settle with but current seemed to work pretty well with core/jump attacks.

Rheya nailed him with a fireball and he fell off the side of a cliff

Lore wise, who is UR Dragon?

im totally stumped at the final battle part where you scale the dragon I can barely make progress on top of thisi red faggot and the quicktime events are huge hindrance. this shit is not for keyboard controls.

About what I expected. You can hire him in the rift and he still has his weapons equipped, but he can't equip them in my world, I assume because I don't have ignore equip vocation turned on.

Really cool though, if I wanted to, I could finally make my fighter pawn into the paladin he was meant to be. I'll just keep him with normal sword and board though, because I'm trying to break into top 100 world ranking.

Yeah, it's the only part in game I switch to controller

oh I can fix that, one hour or so and I'll update him

Alright, time to finish Flying Leonin Cock's Bane before the poor griff dies of old age. The trip will starts from Hillfigure, I love that route. As the previous time, Aria will return with much weaker weapons to balance things.

Glad to see her cute face.

Well there's me. Two more people from here who are both max level and you wouldn't be able to party with until end game, and a few stragglers here and there as far as strictly Veeky Forums related goes. Some haven't logged in for a while much like myself until only a few weeks ago. However you can always expect at least twenty english players to play with, and there are over 200 people on the english discord so make of that what you will. Its worth at least a try but in the end its still a mmo

The poor guy got teamwork'd really hard.

Sounds like I'll have to prepare for teaming up with Nips and soloing a lot, but it's better than nothing.

In other news, Rhodesia is now a Strider since I finally finished grinding for Clout. Level 37+ or so.
I also gave her a new haircut, not sure whether to keep it or not.

Saw her in rift, looks great.

Can you disable damage numbers in DDO?

Kiryu fell down a hole during the griffin fight. He died honorably.

he kept up well

he died defending rheya and then the griffin stomped a hole in the floor and that was it. they fell to abyss
this pawn is cute

Sent Eleanor back. Killed an offline Ur, Daimons, and some other baddies

>finished final battle by delivering a Mighty Bend right in the commies heart
>have hot lesbian sex with duchess
>battling my way from cassardis to gran soren fightign all this new weird shit
>fight a fucking drake at city gates
>enter city
>its half swollen
>everyone weeping, traumatized, staring at abyss
>talk to herbarist, she cant believe her shop was spared
>kid accusess me of shit wtf
>talk to Caxton
>me I no lover of magic. Iron and steel, thats where it is!

>duchess
>hot

I did mercedes benz mission way before so there was no chance

i could have gone for basically duchess. caxton or selene

lel

Alright now it should be fully usable online without any weird thing coming up regarding equipment.
Inclinations are Scather/Challenger/Pioneer, hope it works!

what's a good place to level up at 80?

BBi?

I can't everything keeps 1 shotting me

Wtf is this a working mystic knight pawn? Pls respond Im on my phone but I have to know

git gud
seriously, you can do BBI as soon as you kill grigori or you hit lvl 50, you just need the best weapons the guy on gran soren can sell, also considering rush to the bosses, if you can't kill them then you are simply put bad or not geared good enough

A dragon that was so hardcore, he got banished out of his cycle. At least that's my guess, since he's practically made out of hearts.

Thanks for hiring him again, man!

>he died defending rheya

Best way to die.

>and then the griffin stomped a hole in the floor and that was it. they fell to abyss

That fucking oversized chicken. You gave me another good reason to atomize his leonin ass.

yeah it is, what the fuck

I don't know yet, the game might outright block hybrid vocations for online play. Since it's not even possible to use them on pawns, I think there's a fair chance there's no such check.
If someone tries him be sure to report!

hard mode mainland is easy powerleveling, especially everfall

Online aside, did that even work in your game? I don't think a MK pawn AI exists.

Grace soon, fellow Arisen.

Be ready.