/domg/ Dominions General

Australia Day Edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AutismWars
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/143388132201642949/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

R.I.P Mictlan. All nations are invited to send an emissary to Ur to engage in festivities.

Did he write anything interesting as he fell?

He called my waifu a slut and committed to a single turn of scorched earth.

Yes.

Shit man, don't diplo in the thread.

ah shit I forgot I had a tile number in there

anyway gibe steam cause snail mail is garbo when you need to haggle

rip azatotl may he uncover the mysteries of ink in heaven

you got the "head priest advises against use of blood of virgins as ink" message too huh?

Eh, sure. Eldritch Gentleman.

This could make for a damn good read when it's over.

Is someone keeping track of all this?

I keep all my turns at least. One dude said he was blogging as well early on.

Sadly I am not.

well, since everyone's doing it

Yomi, are you planning on advancing on Tien'chi? We may bump.

Of some things, yes. But i'm really limited to what I can read.

hah, yes.

I should do this.

Is the celebration immediate next month or it's gonna happen at a set date? don't wanna screw up the rp.

Immediate next month.

Rolling for EA Lanka.
1-3: The Ospreys get it
4-6: /V/anheim gets it
7-9: Domg gets it
0: Next digit determines

fug

Seriously? Did no other team prioritize fucking Lanka? Why?

Because its a turmoil nation? Because there are way better blood nations?

Who? Bats and mictlan?

Ok so I just kinda noticed that I fucked up the game I was in and I really don't see I can recover from that.
How do I learn to avoid stupid situations and is there a game I can join where a kind of beginner can learn something?

Community Clash is All Ages, no?

Berytos Xibalba Mictlan LA Ulm to name just a few.

Lanka unique summons aren't even very good. They need a super bless to be competitive, compare them to ozelotls or seir.

Wow, thanks for talking shit without knowing which nations are banned. We always appreciate your informed opinion, Rejakor.

Oh right, I didnt realize that.
They do get tons of skeletons to back up their blood stuff though.

I N N O V A T I O N

That had better be an example of stupid shit to never do.

Eh, it will work. Still, why would you need an expander for a hyperexpansion nation is beyond me. And scales are all fucked up too.

nope. he suggested that as a viable example unironically.

This is what 6 months of singleplayer does to you

Needs to be dormant at least.

This is summod specific but anything wrong with putting a Midget Masher on a Niefel Jarl in lieu of the usual weapon choices?

It gets Area of Affect 1 using regular (magic) damage in summod on top of the 2x damage against smaller enemies so it seems viable on giants with high reinvig and quickness

pic related is AI testing with ring of regen+messenger boots+shroud+girdle of might and quickness cast; no heroic ability or veterancy

It takes up a shield, but otherwise, no.

Why would your Shroud a Jarl? They can self bless, and with a regen bless you really want a higher prot option.

But yeah, that does sound pretty good. The main issue is the lack of shield. That does hurt, although Jarls are probably tough enough to manage.

Did pythium stale?

Yes. I sent you an in-game PM about that, considering you're his neighbour.

Shroud was just placeholder gear essentially to get rid of standard gear enc 1

1. Midget Masher requires E1 which you can only guarantee from your god.

2. Killing power isn't usally what a jarl needs.

3. Losing a vineshield is a big loss in survivabilty if you want your jarl to SC.

He can probably kill PD without gear, and the masher won't help you versus actual threats.

Test how it works versus skelespam, that's the only situation I can think of offhand where it might be worthwhile over brand + shield.

>>RocketPapaya: Jotunheim
>Expert

Whoever wrote that list is for sure memeing you.

Well, considering Niefel has no native earth and fire access, it's all the same shit (you need non-native paths for them or to trade with others), and jarls can cast quickness, so whichever AoE weapon you'll use it's gonna hit almost exactly the same. And skellies don't need much damage to kill.

Yeah fuck it maybe I'll join later today

Reality disagrees with all but one of those.

The masher will do splash damage to skeletons. A frost brand won't. Fire brand would do better of course, but that's two non-native paths rather than just one.

Ulm at least is readily explainable. New players keep getting it suggested to them. It's really a pretty fucking solid nation.

I was implying fire brand, of course.

Still, 2h weapons are very niche. Better grab a shield.

Niefel Jarls have enough survivability from their spell options that the loss of vineshield isn't a huge thing.

it's AoE 1 dies twice every turn more or less where other AoE weapons are 1 enemy dies and their buddies will probably die; it's also AoE 1 dies up to size 4. It deals 40-70 damage per hit on AoE so it's very reliable

I'd say it performs as well as vine shield+brand for 10 gems less; it definitely doesn't do any better and it's a bit reliant on stacking enough survivability on your Jarl with spells that only other significant combatants are a problem but its much better at killing those other significant combatants. At a bit of a guess I'd think this would be preferable if you're gonna be fighting a size 3-4 sacred army; sacred knights would definitely die faster to this than brand without being meaningfully affected by vine-shield.

Also it's only useful on Size 5 and Size 6 SCs, others need not apply

I feel like Abysia would be a more useful nation if there were ways to spend fire gems before research levels 5 and 6.

Still have 4 slots left for Autism Wars
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AutismWars
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/143388132201642949/

Well, if Jarls can tank long enough they can start ignoring prot, on account of everything having passed out. With Breath of Winter up and a Rime Hauberk they get enough chill to fatigue longdead, although it's not fast about it. Anything without cold res is fucked in two or three rounds.

I'm pretty sure chill number is just AoE, not strength.

after thinking about it it's really more of a cheap army support thug weapon

Gygjas hit the thugs with enlarge (Skittles or Niefel Jarls, doesn't matter if enlarge is in play) and then they tear a hole through the enemy ranks supported by units to tank a few hits for them
then the Jotun Wolves you got instead of dropping gems on vine shields arrive and scare the fuck out of anything that isn't morale perfect for whatever reason

seems like it'd be a solid answer to fog warriors too

but yeah it's probably a bad idea to kit out raider thugs like this

it's probably X is AoE and every 5 is +1 intensity

Now that I'm awake AND dead, I wanna say I had fun and greatly await the sequel game. Or any RP game for that matter.

You guys better die real fast.

Oi i'll be sending the emissary for the feast in the form of a message to everyone. And I strongly encourage the rest of the players to do so. Would be p. fun.

judging by the absolutely retarde amount of thrones, I think this match will end in 20 turns at best

I just sent a message to Ur. Its nothing special. If he feels like caping it its up to him.

Well it is a feast after all, it's a meeting of emissaries. Seems like a chance for RPing some alliances and trade deals in. Or a cause for war.

My guys dont really eat people food as I understand it. Plus we are quite busy at the moment.

If you want an awake with W9, the water dragon is right there senpai
also
>not taking S3
>not taking L3
>not taking M3

Are fall bears worth it?

eh if you have indies you can bullshit an emissary

My indies are not going to any feasts anytime soon, no sir.

Yes, them and spring hawks are the only seasonal animals that are worth it

He's just going for the "Get them all roaring drunk and then massacre them" gambit, you realize?

How the fuck a normie human nation fights Ozelotls in EA?

If only.

diplo

>Tfw xibalba neighbored a bunch of retards
>they didn't instantly gangbanged batmen
>now the whole word is paying

>mfw people play human nations

Magic. Storm to keep them from flying, and on the ground they're just winged pussies

>tfw tried to kill xibalba
>tfw doing a good job of it
>tfw mictlan backstabbed me to save the bats
>because I didnt want a 6 turn NAP
At least my infinite skeleton works is stopping the retard from finishing me off.

Suck it elf, us humies are gonna rule the whole world, you'll see in LA.

t. Jomon

They're still almost se'ir tier on the ground.

so uh
i just noticed that grigori isn't in ME
as in, the guy called grigori, with monster number 1
meaning you should be able to wish for grigori and get an actual grigori

How does that change what I said?

Well thats neat.

DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
BIG MEATY ONES
I HAD AVAILABLE ON IN THE INSPECTOR INSTEAD OF ALL UNITS

ded

Δ Go To Title then uninstall.

Can you fags at least bump the thread sometimes, huh? It's only me and weebposter.

How important do you guys think Order 3 / Misfortune 3 is on EA Mictlan, because I kinda want to try T3/L3. Do I fuck my self over doing this or could this work if I push my dominion to my provinces?

Never fucking go Misfortune 3.

Unless the game has events set to rare. But then you're playing a game with a shit admin, so why would you do that?

How am I supposed to afford my bless then? I understand that as a Blood Nation, Mictlan kinda needs growth 3, Sloth doesnt hurt though so I go 3 there, what about Drain or Magic? I'm new and trying to get my game on

I was busy doing my shitty dailies in Shadowverse. God I hate that game.

Just stop playing then.

And Turmoil 3 works even though it is a Blood Nation, or is that stupid? Gold isn't that much of Problem if I expand right I noticed while testing

Let's see the pretender? Mictlan can generally at least fit a dual without needing to go worse than Misf2, depending on the chassis you're using.

Spend less on your bless.

B-but my sunk cost (and time) fallacy.

Posted wrong image

Does Lanka's blood hunt bonus in turmoil apply if they're a disciple?

Here it is. What do you think, also on the bless.

>no Mount&Blade mod for Dominions which I can play while I wait for turns

I think you mean no dominions mod for mount and blade.

Just turn off magic and play human nations.

>M&B mod
>no magic
>only peasants recruitable, but exp-shape into better troops
I could see it working

I'd play the shit out of a dominions mod.

good christ no, have you ever tried to play M&B when someone's tried to shoehorn magic in? It's horrid, worse than With Fire and Sword by a country mile