/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #660 - Kooky Kitchen Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kTBbTSjZpI
sonicstadium.org/2016/01/johnny-gioeli-hints-at-possible-crush-40-involvement-in-25th-anniversary-title/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When is Sticks gonna be put in the main series?

Project 2017.

Sticks from the classic Steven Seagal film Out For Justice?

Why does sally only have one arm?

What the fuck even is this thing?
Soon, I hope. Sticks a major qt pi

The other's behind her back.

Amy a cute

Let us continue, Sonicfriends.

If the storybook series continued after The Black Knight, what fairytales/books do you think Sonic Team would have adapted? And what shit Wii Remote gimmick would they add?

>inb4 Mein Kampf

Serious answer - a variation on Issun-bōshi. Sonic The One-Inch Hedgehog. Wiimote gimmick would have been swinging a hammer.

I cannot stress how badly I always wanted Sonic and the Argonauts as one of the story book games.

Sticks is a better partner for Amy than Cream. They're relationship is actually entertaining and fun, and Sticks is absolutely adorable.

We don't diss Cream in this general. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

I'm not dissing Cream, she's just so abundantly inferior to Sticks in every conceivable way.

Wait what?

Pics?

Joke's on him, he's been retconned to not have it. Now the resident hypnotizer is Wendy.

A possum

Bump!

Post filenames

It was on the stream last night

H-hey! That's mine!

Sorry.

>slow

Least favroite Sonic game
Favorite song from it
go
youtube.com/watch?v=_kTBbTSjZpI

Sonic Labyrinth
Final Boss

So, why the fuck were the Freedom Fighters and King Nutjob (WITH VILLAINOUS INTENT!) given screentime in Genesis of a Hero part 1 if they were completely absent in 2 and 3?
In fact the only thing from the SatAM/Archieverse in 2 was Snively, and he wasn't even there in 3.
I thought this was supposed to be a retelling with a twist, not a retelling with a twist and then the same shit from the games. Part 4 better be a metaphorical orgy if they want to clear shit up. But it won't be. Because fuck doing anything that doesn't involve Classic wankery.

Also, why the fuck did they use Tyson's art for the Character Select in 3?

No one cared the last time you posted this, no one cares now.

I'm asking questions. I want them answered.
Besides, you cared enough to reply.

Ask Ian via #bumblekast

I liked part 1 of GoaH, and I think part 3 was a great adaptation of CD. But part 2 was just boring.

Why is the Sonic fanbase considered bad when Steven Universe fanbase literally killed somebody

Because /v/, YouTubers, and the rest of the collective normie internet websites keep perpetuating the falsehood that all Sonic games are garbage.

Because we are pretty bad. Have you seen the fanfics? The OCs? The fucking gross fetish fan art shit?

Because the perception of Sonic has been stuck in 2007 for 10 years now.

I saved this pic before that, March 2015.

At least I think it was before.

We're in no way the first or last with any of that.

>Steven Universe fanbase literally killed somebody
What?
Also it's mostly because normies being the cancer of society like they are are stuck a few years behind in terms of non normie culture. In reality, it's because it was one of the first big fandoms to blow up that brought the connotations of furrys and the negative stigma that came with it, for a lot of people, it was their first exposure to things like OCs. In the same way that modern teens might be introduced to it via a game like undertale, or homestuck. Their infamy will live on mostly because the normies that make up too much of our population will spread the stigma.

>when Steven Universe fanbase literally killed somebody

You're referring to an -attempted- suicide. The kid who tried to kill herself survived. While it didn't stop the batshit insane SJWs from bullying her, it did bring attention of Rebecca Sugar who condemned the bullying.

As a result the SJWs backed down, but then they began calling Rebecca a "pedophile" and "rape enabler" just because she stood up in the kid's defense.

I'm gonna miss the Archie comics but I probably won't miss the OCs.

Finally it'll just be the OG Japanese cast and no SatAM irrelevancy.

And no Mary Sue like Sally.

Sally hasn't been a Mary Sue since the reboot. Pre-reboot was absolutely one I will not contend that whatsoever

I'm starting to regret the big deal we made about the Archie subscriptions because now everyone is coming here lauding the death of the series when we don't even know if that's true yet.

Wasn't it confirmed that the whole cancellation was a false alarm?

Nothing has been confirmed

EVERY fandom has those.

*throws Sally against a wall*
Arrrrgh!!

Well the initial rumors were that #290 will be the last issue before cancellation, but now we're getting covers for all the way up to #294 so maybe it really was just a false flag.

EVERY Single Sonic Continuity should be supermerged together onto the game continuity to make ONE SUPER ULTIMATE MIX Continuity and canon. JUST IMAGINE. It'll be PERFECT!

it would be restrictive for the comic writers to try and wrap their stories around the games.

Most likely. Or it was an incredibly misinformed customer service rep. Notice how each call to her got an entirely different answer

That's what the comics are already.

It's just the same two shitposters.

Yeah but her romance with Sonic is just kinda bland and forced sometimes.

Plus I kinda didn't like how canon characters don't get a lot of decent development.

I mean Knuckles was kinda shit for over 16 years, Amy was one note and Tails was just there most of the time

Emphasis on "was." Pretty much all of those complaints haven't been in the comic for years.

That's not true at all. Plenty of her Mary Su traits have found their way into the reboot.

The comics is only as far as SatAM and AoStH. We need Underground, the Mangas, X, and more!

Good thing her romance with Sonic is nonexistent since the reboot

Honestly, see

Literally zero have, unless you're one of those retards who stretch the definition of "Mary Sue" to mean "character I don't like"

The worst ones she ever exhibited (The world revolving around her, her being a magnet for drama and never making any mistakes, and being perfect in every way) are gone.

Archie actually had Sonic X comics but they were super fucking bad.

It had its moments, wouldn't say it was all around terrible. Except for the fucking art (FLYING AMY)

Which artist did flying amy? Most of X's artists (Yardley!, Butler, Fry) also worked on the main book. Was it David Hutchinson (the sole regular artist that didn't work on the main)? Was it Tim Smith III (did some early issues)? Was it the guy who was literally tracing stuff from the show?

Are you serious? The writing was even worse than the one on the main comic.

Won't argue it was generally bad, but it wasn't horrible. El Gran GORDO was fun enough
Fuck if I can remember. I know he did the art for an issue written by Joe Edkis or whatever

Flynn's run wasn't bad but he was kinda kinda limited in what he was allowed to do
Edkin's stuff was shit

But Sally's a cute!

April Solicits?

So, what? the comics aren't cancelled?

I'm confused.

People were concerned the comic was cancelled because they took subscriptions for them off Archie's sight, but we appear to still be getting solicits, so I assume the website thing is just a hiccup with them restructuring things.
A few doomsayers are still claiming the end is coming, but I'm pretty sure that if they're still putting out solicits then the comics is safe.

So, I got away from Sonic since 2011 (Sonic Generations). Reason? no vocal songs.
Has there been new vocal songs lately? what's happening?

The comic was really fun when Ian was the one doing the writing. The only time it was downright awful were the Joe Edkins issues. The man obviously had no knowledge of Sonic at all, let alone Sonic X.

Really retarded reasoning , but no, there are still no theme songs with lyrics. You can go away now.

>Really retarded reasoning , but no, there are still no theme songs with lyrics
Seriously, all of them were so fucking corny

How would the lore even go together?

Game canon is like the baseline, the core, and the lore from the other canons are added on to it.

Just ask me anything and I'll probably figure it out.

Did anything ever come out of this?

Most of the lore wouldn't really contradict each other. The biggest issue is pre-reboot Archie, and that's easily solved by just loosely adapting elements of it instead of bringing it in wholesale.

the games do a Unit story
the comics do it and expand upon it
the comics add characters, locations and lore
the next time Unit is mentioned in the games all those elements are ignored or even contradicted.

i meant to say GUN
Unit is from Doctor who, such a stupid mistake

It does bring up a good question though, is GUN like Unit or more like NATO?

gun stands for guardian unit of nations although we seem the commander acting close to the president on shtH

Sega Super Sonic vs. Sonic the Comic Super Sonic

Shogakukan/CoroCoro Sonic where Sonic is a spirit/ghost thing that rested inside Nicky whenever he wanted to be strong, yet also materialized on his own to save Nicky's dad from a broken plane;vs. Sega Sonic who is an actual person

Sonic's parents from pre-reboot Archie vs. Queen Aleena the Hedgehog from Underground

Queen Aleena Hedgehog, King Maximillian Acorn and King Nigel Acorn all ruled over Mobotropolis before Robotnik took over.

In fact, Queen Aleena ruled over all of Mobius!

It's basically the United States military, but with a unified command structure instead of three independent branches. It operates globally for the same reason that the US military operates globally: protecting UF interests and assisting its allies.

Also, what happened (happens) to Sonic's rock band from his early conception and his fangirl bodyguard platoon from the Mega Drive Fan manga?

>Sonic's rock band
Don't forget about Manic and Sonia as well.

Game canon takes precedence.

Nicky Parlouzer is 'Sonic's' real name, and at some point before Sonic 1, the Sonic personality took over or Nicky's identity merged into Sonic's, or something along those lines.

Nicky's parents are THE Sonic parents. "Brenda" is also Queen Aleena. Aleena is her maiden name.

The band broke up before Sonic 1 because Sonic and Vector couldn't decide who the lead singer/leader/face of the band was.

Actually, Fleetway Super Sonic would just be from a timeline where all the evil in the world was sealed within the Chaos Emeralds, thus causing the 'negative' side to completely take over and corrupt the positive side, or something.

This is a retarded discussion, let's stop.

StC Super Sonic is what Sonic used to be when he went super until he either learned to control himself (think the Control arc with the Werehog) or had the evil influence perged from him (like how it happened in StC). Following that he's able to go Super Sonic while still having control over his actions using the "good half" of the Chaos Emeralds instead of the "dark half" (which itself was invented to explain why Super Sonic and Perfect Chaos could both happen simultaneously, and later Super Sonic and Super Shadow).

Sonic and Nikki are separate characters, Sonic being born on Christmas Island to Jules and Bernadette Hedgehog, with Nikki being born on South Island to Paulie and Brenda Parlouzer with a little sister named Anita. While he was living on South Island, Sonic helped Nikki man up so he could stand up to Anton Beruka. Eimi and Amy Rose are separate characters.

Queen Aleena and her children have no blood relation to Sonic or Nikki. Sonia and Manic are twins. Sonic helped them find their mom and free their kingdom from Eggman, so they consider him the unofficial third sibling.

Well lucky for you Crush 40 might, MIGHT be appearing in Project Sonic 2017 a while back.

sonicstadium.org/2016/01/johnny-gioeli-hints-at-possible-crush-40-involvement-in-25th-anniversary-title/

They better had be.
I'm desperately craving some new stuff.

Because having autism is considered worse than being dead or killing someone.

Should have been Sonic XXX
Would have sold more.

Y'know maybe the comic is going under because the Comic keeps on getting storytimed for free. Lost sales.

Maybe we should string up the conductor by his heels and beat him with Sticks.

Maybe the conductor is actually Penders, and this is his secret endgame

Honestly I think storytimes and pages being posted help the comic more than hurt it. I know I certainly wouldn't have gotten into the comic and sunk money into it if I hadn't read some storytimes on here and /v/, and I know I'm not alone in that. It's free advertising

This. The Ride got me back subscribing.

On the one hand, I wouldn't be interested in the comics if I hadn't read them on here.

On the other hand, the concept of it being advertising falls flat if most of the people here don't actually buy them (which we know they don't from that survey we did a while back).

Looks like the ban expired again

Oh sweet, when did this get colored?

TC did nothing wrong.

Wait, which part of Sticks?