/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

steppe waifu edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

www30.zippyshare.com/v/7ahmOePJ/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kill yourself btw

Sorry for the confusion
Don't be sorry, it happens

Has someone played the lotr mod? Its pretty polished now compared to what it used to be before but ive got no idea how to get rich when most encounters so far dont even give loot and there are no arenas/tournaments

So since this thread is brand spanking new, I have a question:

Did anyone try the mod "The Throne Conquest 2.0"? If so, how is it?

Dont worry about the threads its a tradition on mbg.
Thats why i never make the new thread.

Which lotr mod? Veiled Stars? Blood In The West? TLD?

People told me Diplomacy works with Native 1.170 saves even though Diplomacy hasn't been updated for it.
People are liars.

I don't want to start over

TLD, sorry. I didnt know there were more than one.

Are there any mods that have steppe villages that move around on the map?

cheat

What's the difference between the modded 1257 and the beta version of it, in the pastebin? And what does the hotfix do?

1257 AD kind of does
They have these roaming self-containted bandit-hunting and enemy-clearing parties that you can spawn as a Mongolian lord/lady that also double as recruitment centers.

TLD is the most complete mod out there to be honest, has an interesting recruitment system. Also Warband port is good, like real good. Give it a try.

it does work with Native 1.170 though. If Diplomacy ever stopped working it would break 90% of all mods.

Yeah, im playing it right now and im amazed by how well done it is. Im actually not sure how to proceed because its so different from native

the beta gives some weapons alternative modes, the hotfix fixes.

It was working fine with 1.170 but it didn't seem to be working with native 1.170 saves

v-varg?

>Any day now you could be killed in a freak accident and never, ever get to play Bannerlord

Man, when the fuck will we get some new info?

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

Didn't you hear it got cancelled?

More like "i'm a fucking weeb nu-male" edition. Kill yourself, faggot.

Stop savescumming

Double rate of influence and rank gain in options
Do quests until lvl 8
Kill all enemies near elves/dwarves
Kill other enemies
Pray that you won't get stuck with only one lord in your faction because the other two died in span of ten minutes
Also equipment tops out pretty quickly if you don't count special items that are amazing

>steppe waifu edition
never make the OP ever again

kill yourself, samefag
i bet you play rhodok

no you kill yourself you weeb piece of shit

>only one person doesn't like your autism OP

Could have been better I know, but I was pressed for time. Could also have been worse.

Horse Archery investment feels like such a huge waste especially on companions.
Why can't it be included in Riding?

This is absolutely disgraceful. Her posture while handling such a heavy object is all wrong.
DELET THIS

Told you it could have been worse!

Besides, this is still a Tibetan prayer flag message board.

you can still export your character

I hope people'll make DND mods for Bannerlord if it ever comes out. I really want to play as a badass lich slaughtering legions

>a badass lich slaughtering legions

Play CoMM?

>Her posture while handling such a heavy object is all wrong.
What heavy object? A zweihander isn't that heavy, althought that sword is fucking ridiculously big.

Actually I'm playing phantasy right now. I just want to play it in the new engine because it looks like it can support a lot more troops in native without any modding.

also i prefer d&d magic/liches because it's what i'm used to after playing bg(2)/iwd and p&p

You can change unit limit without any modding, you just need to change the .ini file

>bg(2)/iwd and p&p
good taste

D&D 3* magic is hella overpowered though, arguably even at level 1 even IN COMBAT with Magic Missile + Color Spray, since D&D magic really comes into its strengths outside of combat.

Will Swadian Knight swarm ever NOT be good?

nope, even in bannerlord vlandian knights will reign supreme over all the fields of calradia

if Bannerlord has pikebrace, they'll be shit.

What the fuck is up with the Aroulo in Perisno? Everything about their units seems crappy except the leaf bombs, which are the best archery units in the game???

It's already pretty shit in 1257

That's why in any game I ever DM'd, it's Ye Olde Scared and Supersticious folks.
You want to wield eldritch forces that can bend the fabric of reality?
Go ahead!
If even a whiff of you doing as much as conjuring forth a ghost light just to help you read gets out though, people will keep you at five arms' length, because there's like 5 other people like you they've ever heard of, 1 of them has his own ward in the King's palace, 3 of them died in a nearby explosion while experimenting with their vile art, and the 5th is Venca, the guy who is probably responsible for everything that is wrong in the world.

>Venca
Today is not a good day to spell.

Good job you killed a cat!
Now what do you do with three remaining ones?

I tried doing that once
Unfortunately my sister just decided that if she was going to be hated for playing a mage, she might as well take it all the way so she made her character an archwraith that carried a parasol around. Cue actually soloing entire kingdoms because none of them had any way to deal with non-physical entities and the fact that wraiths can raise people they kill as more wraiths.

>color spray
>sleep
>predistigation
>magic missile
>acid splash / ray of frost
>grease
>mount
>enlarge person
There's a lot of ways to deal with cats desu. You could probably survive two or three with lucky spell prep. Four is iffy.

>implying a warrior can do any better
Oops you got crit by a cat, roll for fortitude or die

So I always wind up stalling out pretty quick. It feels like I get to a decent party size, then hit this strange spot where the roaming bandit squads are too weak to bother with, but I'm still to small to take on the bigger targets, and transition from roaming band of adventurers to army siegeing castles. Around this point it feels like I'm in a rut and I wind up losing interest.

How do I bridge that gap?

Try working for an existing faction, you can always revolt later.

Prettier females 1.637
www30.zippyshare.com/v/7ahmOePJ/file.html

>Added Viking Conquest
>Updated Perisno

What's the best mount and blade mod for a challenging, immersive and rewarding experience set in an interesting era of time?

bannerlord

viking conquest

PoP

It's the Dark Souls of mountainblade mods :^^^)

>immersive
then you're probably best off with a mod like geko or 1257. They could be challenging if you make it so. Not sure about rewarding, though.

>mount and blade
>a challenging, immersive and rewarding experience set in an interesting era of time
Closest I think of is 1257 AD

1257 AD

You stop playing M&B and play some ttrpg with a history buff
I hear Song of Swords is a decent medieval system although I've never played it

1257 lags like fucking shit when you try to fast forward the map

I hate that so much. It doesn't even really matter, the jerking around just really screws with me.

>VC, currently doing the Woo the Farmers and Jarls quest before the Assembly.
>Been doing quest for the jarls of Danmark for a while.
>Managed to get my Relationship with several of them between 40 and 30.
>Coming back to Danmark after a Deliver a Letter quest.
>All of the Jarls except for the Konungr suddenly have 7 Relationship or less with me.
>Can't figure out what the fuck happened.

WHAT THE FUCK
IS THIS SCRIPTED

I spent so much time raising those bullshit happy points for nothing.

>playing VC story mode
>playing VC

They realise you're a stupid frog poster... Heh.... Stupid frog poster

Holy fuck I completely forgot about that, thanks.

VC is objectively the best M&B experience, you goon.

this but unironically

At least try to be subtle

you actually need to go back.

If you think the VC story is anything but garbage, I have another game you might enjoy.

Don't insult train simulator

>First Part
That sucks man.
I guess I dodged it, because the main campaign I ran (and am still running) is heavily divine/intrigue based, with the characters having opportunities to work for powerful (and lawful) people, and for/against the will of gods.

Sometimes when you have a player who likes great power, the best way to deal with it, is to give them a different, but less outrageous alternative to attaining said power, though I'm not sure how relevant such an approach could've been in your campaign.

Have I said anything about VC story mode? It can be steaming garbage for all I care, I only played sandbox mode and it's by far the most interesting mod I've played.

This desu.
Simulators are all great games, I have over 5000 hours in Train Simulator, and 2000 in Farming Simulator.

Post proofs pls

The biggest problem against trying anything against her was that she helped me write up my setting, so even though I knew all the details of the world, so did she. She wasn't REALLY metagaming because her character COULD'VE known where to find the information to become undead from because Background: Daughter of Grand Librarian, and by the time I realized she actually had the knowledge to become a wraith, actually stopping her would've been an obvious asspull.

VC story isn't the same thing as VC, that's like saying Skyrim is the same as the main quest or that Dwarf Fortress is the same as some retarded fanfiction someone wrote about it.

I'm not insulting it, just saying that VC's story and Train Sim have similar levels of railroading involved.

Just like Skyrim VC is pretty shit outside of the main quest/story mode as well.

modding skyrim and dicking around not doing the main quest is the only thing the game is good for

even if it's shit it doesn't mean you can't derive pleasure from it though. I mean, I know skyrim is a shit game but you can still have fun with it if you treat it as a physics sandbox and mod it to shit. It's got no value as an rpg though

>outside of
Are you seriously pretending that Skyrim's MQ is the greatest draw of the game
Are you REALLY

>Doing the main quest in skyrim
>Getting harassed by annoying dragons
for what purpose

Skyrim's good points:
>exploration and discovering easter eggs and hidden / implicit stories
>some of the guild quests
>dicking around doing whatever
>modding

Skyrim's bad points:
>main quest
>bugs
>Serana is a mary sue

>Serana
Is she that Vampire chick? I just kill the entire vampire court and call it a day because fuck those guys.

What the fuck are you on? I'm saying the main quest and the rest of the game is shit.

when you say "it's pretty shit outside of the main quest/story mode" it implies you mean that the main quest isn't shit

You worded you statement to say exactly that. I'm glad you don't have such an embarrassing opinion though.

>as well

as well sounds like it's pointing to Skyrim and VC, not main quest and outside of the main quest

if you take the whole sentence m8
>Just like Skyrim VC is pretty shit outside of the main quest/story mode as well.
it seems like you mean "skyrim as well as vc" not "the main quest is shit as well as everything else"

Would you have to change the whole sentence structure or how would you actually write it to convey the correct meaning? English is my third language pls no bully

>Just like Skyrim, VC's main quest/story mode is pretty shit

The point is that Skyrim and VC have shit main storylines as well as shit open world/sandbox gameplay.

>"The main quest in VC is shit and so is everything else, just like Skyrim"

Oh, I misunderstood, again. I also disagree.

This works