What kind of person would drive a crown vic?

What kind of person would drive a crown vic?

this kind

A very old person, A teenager, or a cop.

Those are the only 3 people who drive crown vics

I'd totally drive one but I'm a Europoor so sadly I will probably never have the chance.

I just have a boner for "boring" V8 US barges.

Every time I see this I'm reminded people really think like this.

Someone that wants a car that has an indestructible chassis and doesn't need maintenance for years on end.

>now my car isn't fast
>7.2s to 60

That's the male equivalent of a decent looking woman showing decent pictures of her while whining about how fat and ugly AND SLEEPY she was when those photos were taken while waiting for the beta orbiter comments.

A nigger, because he'd be so used to the inside from all the times he got arrested.

Would make sense but interestingly I've never seen one driving one of these.

They usually drive Cadillacs, Hondas, Chevrolets etc.

Don't forget Mercedes

Around here it's used BMWs that they buy and drive around for a week until it breaks down and they don't have the money to fix it so they just let it sit in the parking lot of their subsidized housing. But the niggers who actually DO drive sometimes buy retired police cruisers since you can get them for like 3k and they run.

The poor kind.

1985 crown vic

7.2s to 60 is SLOW you fuck.
And 7.2 is very optimistic. With different gearing it's more like 8s.

Wow, that was gay. When I first started reading it I thought we were supposed to agree with him but by the time I got to the end I realized we were supposed to be laughing at him for being a fucking idiot.

Police?

Someone who bought one cheap without looking at the aesthetically superior and less police-stigmatized Grand Marquis.

>7.2s to 60 is SLOW

t. bench racer

My retired great uncle drives a Grand Marquis. I don't know anyone else who owns a panther now. All the local cops are in Chargers or Explorers now.

Niggers only drive old Mercedes though

He makes $100k and drove from Texas to California just to go to the meet. I don't think he cares what you think.

7 seconds to 60 is slow.
Most economy cars can do that nowadays.
The average soccer mom SUV can keep up with a car that does 0-60 in 7 seconds.

A university student who needs a good sized inexpensive sedan to move stuff to and back from school. And at the same time enjoys a car that can get hektik on slick roads

No.

An old guy with shitty taste in cars, a limo driver, or a wannabe cop.

much autism

>Pic Related

Pic related is the face of this absolute pussy slayer

People who can't afford an equally depreciated Town Car for some reason.

>Makes $100k
>Drives a $3k automatic used fleet car
Shiggy

wait he makes 100k? what the hell is he? drug dealer?

Different people different priorities. First think i bought when i got a good job was a 2000$ computer for me and a 2000$ computer for my gf not a bigger turbo.

100k isnt very outlandish. Most non-meme 4 year degrees with 5-10 yrs experience can get you here.

True, if I snagged a 100k job I'd be more focused on acquiring rental properties than lap times

A Nigerian prince

come on now he clearly doesn't look like a Nigerian Prince!

Yah probably a good investment, you cant work forever. I actually just quit my 70k/yr job because i hate the line if work and plan on investing the next 4 years of my life in the military to get a free college education. Hopefully in the end i can set myself up with a 100k+/yr job that doesnt make me hate going to work everyday.

Yeah but the issue is that he's a complete autist who thinks he drives a race car when really he's just another commuter and your average minivan can leave him in the dust

>It's knowing that I could totally just drive over the median and skip this bullshit, but no, I'm gonna be civilized today

Why didn't he get a manual new edge mustang or something? They cost the same and it'll compliment his cringey ego

no one is denying that panthers are all-around decent cars (and arguably the last traditional American sedan), but everyone agrees that most owners are cringey fucks

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my driving class, and I’ve been involved in numerous Autocross events, and I have over 300 confirmed trials. I am trained in pursuit driving tactics and I’m the top rasekar driver in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of drivers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat you in a race in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my P71. Not only am I extensively trained in high speed driving, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Panther platform and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will expel exhaust all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

True patrician.

Crown Vics are geared really high. They'll cruise at 220kmh all day. Yeah shitboxes will do 0-60 in 6 seconds but they also do 4000+rpm down the highway.

A fucking nigger running from police, if you see one report it. It's most likely a stolen detectives car.

Or possibly CVPI but he's too busy sucking dyick to drive it

Someone who wants to "Fix it again Tony"

>air shocks and analog clocks
fuck that noise
grand marquis best panther

>My Android is NIGGER

Yellow gadsten flag had me thinking VA, but we need our number on both plates here.

>not Fix Ot Rgain Dony

>(and arguably the last traditional American sedan)
You don't realize how much car shapes have changed until you own a Panther or a B-body. When you pull into a parking spot at the supermarket you'll probably be- excluding fuckhuge SUVs- the longest car there, and then you get out and look to your left and the fenders of the Corolla next to you are halfway up your windshield. The older sedans look even longer than they already are with how tall and bulky everything has gotten.

Lol no way he makes 100k. Maybe 50k.

>I want a RWD, V8 sedan that is inexpensive and easily modified

If that's all he makes and he drove all that way to show off his shit heap I think he is the exact kind of person who would care what I think.

Grand Marquis owner here. I always wanted a CV, but I could never get over the stigma of:
>donked to hell and back by ghetto rats
>fedorabarge
>always getting death glares from people who think you're a cop
>always getting asked at gas pumps whether you had the chiiip, maaaan, makes it like a race car bruh

Then I found a Grand Marquis, and got the added bonus of it never being driven by some asshole who thought he got himself a 3k Corvette. All the power, wrapped in a somehow even more boring package, with the ability to swap in all the hotter parts from the Marauder and CVPI. Not to mention, it's somehow more useful than a Ranger, at half the cost for a decent one.

Is there anything that can be done to counteract this faggotry?

A lot are limited to 110 because the drive shaft would pole vault the car at those speeds

>Grand Marquis

Such an underrated car, you can go any direction with it.

>wrapped in a somehow even more boring package
I dunno, I'd say the pre-2003 Grand Marquis look different enough than the Crown Vics with their raked-back headlights and slatted grilles to be a bit less boring.

I drive one of those!

Might I add that it has been extremely reliable. 198
[code][/code]

>198
> [code][/code]
what the fuck

>more useful than a Ranger
That's because Rangers a shit

How's this for an idea:
>Mustang rims
>forest green paint, pewter-tone grill
>dual exhaust with performance headers
That's just the start, but it's what I want to do with my car.

I ended up with an 03. No decent pre-Gen3 bodies were around when I was shopping, but I do love all the earlier GM's.

Doesn't stop them from being retarded expensive because muh truk tax.

fug

> these
> literally millions
That's who. Run for hundreds of thousands, big, comfy, big trunk, and can fixed with a hammer and a flat blade screwdriver

>tfw you lived to see the ubiquitous NYC Yellow Cab be replaced by minivans

Not NY specifically. There's still shit loads of these roaming around still.

Friendly reminder that this was only ever a concept, and the Marauder could have been that much cooler as a two-door.

WE

>forest green paint
I've seen a single Crown Vic with dark green paint, the type you'd expect to see on a park ranger car or something, and it looked surprisingly good. Not even sure where it came from because around here the police cars are black/white, the state troopers are dark blue and the DEC is black.

"meh"

me, i own two. so get fucked if you hate kickass cars

>he thinks 7.2 sec is fast

So, Crown vic, Lincoln town car or Grand maquis?

I WIN

Grand Marquis. Typically owned by old ladies and not run by idiots (CV's) or niggers (Town Cars). If you find an LX Sport CV, though, it might be worth it.

kek

I don't know if I should laugh at this dude or just pity him.

>25uphappys
reddit is fucking gay

You can get the stuff from an LX Sport on a Grand Marquis as well, where it's called the Handling and Performance Package (what it was also originally called on the Crown Vic before it became the Sport trim level)- dual exhaust, 3.27 rear gears, etc. IIRC the limited slip (Trac-Lok) differential is still a separate option like it was on the CV LX Sport.

Also, P71s come with 3.27s stock as opposed to the 2.73s in the non-HPP civilian cars, and had an option for the 3.55 rear from the factory which never showed up in non-Interceptors.

>which never showed up in non-Interceptors.
It changed year by year. Sometimes it was 3.27, sometimes it was 3.55, sometimes it changed mid-year, and the sticker on the door jamb isn't always correct anyway so the only real way to tell is jack the car up, crawl underneath and hope the tag is still on the differential.

how autismo do you have to be to have a vape canister in the same paint scheme as your car?

6 maybe 7

Anyone who wants a great car that's gonna last a long time. The sound of that 4.6 is just orgasmic. It's a four door SN95 with an extra few pounds

In 99 and 2000, P71's had the 3:55 axle ratio's standard. All other years, P71's had the 3:27's, though the 3:55's were optional. LX Sports/HPP Vic's and Marquis cars had the 3.27's with the open diff. All others had the 2:73s

To be honest they aren't bad cars, even well serviced CVPI's. For a young person or someone with out much money they offer a lot of bang for your buck as the cost to run them is low compared to having to deal with the depreciation of a newish car with a loan.

Parts are cheap so that'a nice. Post 2003's are one of the safest sedans of that time period with an interior that is good for families or road trips.

For a daily driver it offers a lot of flexibility and value. It is totally still a shitbox but it does it'a job of being one exceptionally well.

>how autismo do you have to be to [...] vape?

My dad bought one brand new because he fantasizes about being a detective

So if I was trying to get the higher gears for my 03 GS Grand Marquis, I'd have to scrounge them out of a Police Interceptor or an HPP CV/GM, you'd be talking about the CV Sport or the LS GM?

Has anyone here straight piped a CV? I want to do it because I'm in a state that doesn't care, but I don't know how to keep the o2 sensor from freaking out.

I'm in the exact same boat user. I average 70k a year but hate what I do. I haven't quit yet but the time is soon. Been hitting the gym everyday and plan on going navy in the next few months

>this thread
Wow, is it 2015 again? Digging up cringy autism pictures from years ago is mildly embarrassing, at best.

I love my car and what I've done with it, and I'm pretty happy with how my life is going. I'm a LITERAL autist with a decent job and a hobby I enjoy, so what?

Some of these posts are pretty funny though DESU.

>7 seconds to 60 is slow.
>Most economy cars can do that nowadays.

redditors need to die.

my truck that i usually daily drive is around 11-12 seconds to 100kmh. 0-60 in 7.2 seconds is definately faster than most cars considering the weight and size of the landbarge in question.

the w463 with the m113 gets to 100kmh in 7.7 seconds. The lx570 is about the same.

Crown Vics around here are usually driven by
1.) Junkies and methheads. The cars are usually is deep disrepair and or rusted to shit. Drive carelessly and erratically.
2.) Wannabe cops. They keep all the original equipment on the cars (except for lightbar) and intentionally try to intimidate people who think they're a real cop and shit like that. Usually have NRA or anti Hillary/Obama bumper stickers.
Kind of a shame that they're almost all owned by idiots, they also tend to ruin the cars even worse than the police departments originally did. Grand Marquis and Town Cars however, are owned by highly intellectual patricians who (usually) take very good care of them.

What all did you do with it, exactly? I'm the guy with the 03 Grand Marquis.

what about our CVPI-in-resident ()?

he put some pinstripes on it to match his vape dildo, put a stupid FPV grille in, and retrofitted awful HID lights and led bars that I can guarantee are doing nothing but fucking blinding everybody he sees on the road