/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Vilebloods or Executioners edition

Beast possessed souls: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=glP-gH_n3Yc
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/21784
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How dead is this game now compared to other games in the franchise like DS3?

Anyone wanna help me in ailiing loran. Just beat bloodletting beast yesterday trying to get to queen of yharnham before mergo fight.

Im bl 85 gonna make the password Queen

Ringing on Layer 3 for Camerabeast if you still need help user.

What level are you anyway?

Darkbeast guy, you still ringing? Sorry crappy timed dodge

>Went on to save Saskia

So I should go with a 45/25 if I want to use the LHB?

Nice

So one final time:

50 Vitality
20 Stamina
45 Strength
25 Skill
Bloodtinge 9
Arcane 10

SL level 109

How's that looking?

meant for

got enough time for one more try then i gotta head off
its probably more alive then das3

Is the Rifle Spear truly not viable? Thinking of doing skill/bloodtinge build, but not using Chikage.

youtube.com/watch?v=glP-gH_n3Yc

The amount of detail and effort put into the symbolism and homage in Bloodborne to Lovecraft makes me want to forget about every other From game. The same effort just isn't there.

It's better than 50/20 at least, 392 x 404 AR (I made a small mistake before).

It's free 12 extra damage before gems and attack multipliers. It would also be better for the HMS if you get the 4 arc and focus on the physical attacks (even tricked). And also more visceral damage is always helpful.

i havnt played any of the dark osuls or demon souls series' but after bloodborne i feel like id just be disappointed when playing them

>25 str/50 arc build
>Tonitrus ar so high without even having great gems for it but is at risk after only a couple encounters
I guess this is mainly a weapon for bosses

i ended up prefering bolt saif over tonitrus even for bosses

Cuter when covered in the blood of beasts.

thats a face of disappointment

Bloodborne story is 10/10
Demon souls is 9/10 easy but gameplay mechanics haven't aged well...
Dark souls is a solid 8/10 but people overstate the lore way too much
Dark souls 2+3 is Fanfic/10 and the story has gone full meme

They were not worthy.

Saif is probably better, but I do like the simplicity of just having a high ar kin killing machine. Moonlight is my main weapon so I can probably get around not having Tonny out for so many encounters. You'd think that From would increase its durability though considering how fast it drops.

Can anybody help me trade an item? I have a chikage on my strength/arcane NG+ character that I'd like to give to another NG+ character who could actually use it.

Do we tell him?

Since you're already overleveling I really don't understand why you wouldn't just get 50 Str.

You can get 50/25 on a build without breaking 100.

Can't trade items in Bloodborne, I'm afraid. Wish you could, would make making builds a lot easier.

Bloodborne is a fucking madhouse compared to DaS2 SOTFS, no one fucking plays that one on PS4. I'm playing through it because I got it for free and Lord God Almighty, I haven't even seen ten human summon signs and I'm at the end game.

Everything is viable, and the charged R2 can destroy a lot of things in the game. If you like the moveset there isn't any problem with using it.

>do a quality playthrough
>use stakedriver
>do start another quality playthrough a year later
>can't stop myself from using the stakedriver again

To escape from Ludwig's trample move, unlock the camera and dodge sideways away from him

I play coop with randoms and everyone always dies to that move

Landing the charged R2 feels amazing.

In a chalice dungeon, what exactly do they drop anyways?

I usually just dodge backwards across the room like a madman

I have never seen these in a chalice dungeon, what the FUCK

Dude, what? Post glyph nao.

I thought they were supposed to be really rare but still possible, just like the shadow of yharnam? Yesterday, I made an ihyll chalice with a shadow of yharnam and an isz chalice with a garden of eyes.

>Blood Echoes 9184 and drops [Triangle] Damp Blood Gems up to rating 17 x1 [20%], Quicksilver Bullets x4 [25%], Quicksilver Bullets x3 [51%], Pearl Slug x1 [4%]

Can anyone please help me kill Father Gascoigne? Beating my head against a brick wall is not what I wanted to do on my day off work. was up until 3 in the morning trying to get past this guy, I want to cry

Pass?

That's what gets you killed. If you get hit by the first one and dodge backwards as soon as you get up, you will get hit by the second one guaranteed. And if you are still panic dodging after that, you will probably get hit by the swipe too

yeah dodging towards him can work too, but I usually don't risk it if I just got hit by the first stomp because I'm afraid of getting hit by his hind legs

Somebody JUST came in and helped. thank you though.
(if that was one of you guys, THANK YOU)

so do they ever drop any gems?

>shadow of yharnam

What the fuck kinda crazy chalices are you makin, lad?

Why is Ludwig Holy Blade the best weapon in the game bros?

It wasn't. If you didn't give a password, it's extremely unlikely to get one of us.

I'll post the glyphs for the ihyll and isz chalice once I'm home in a little while.

The kind that was making me want to shoot myself. Doing chalices with all eye runes is frustrating as fuck since I kept getting one shotted by everything. But finding these rare mobs was pretty satisfying at least.

If you think that's bad, a friend of mine found a Pthumerian Descendant in an FRC dungeon. He deleted it out of fear
It's obtainable early in the game, and has some of the best scaling

Early access, great scaling, high damage. But the weapon is boring so

>Lol lemme just do this attack you've never seen before that you don't know the timing of that one shots you after you've spent 5 minutes getting me down to 25% health

god fucking damn it

200 base damage with two combined 0.8 scaling stats, probably a monster with 50/50 and top tier gems. On the other hand it has pretty shitty modifiers untricked.

it happens senpai. just the other day the undead giant delayed his swing in a way I don't think I've ever seen him do before

its transition attacks suck and are way too slow to ever be used practically

>make old man hunter with straight hair and beard
>put on Father Gascoine's set
>become The Gunslinger

How much does Physical Defense do in this game? I play offline and was going to just spam levels on my main so I can try everything out (mainly arc/blt stuff) but don't want to be an invincible fuck in the process. Midway through NG+ at lvl 80 currently.

You forgot:
>equip evelyn on left hand, reiterpallasch on the right hand and oedon writhe rune

>I made an ihyll chalice with a shadow of yharnam and an isz chalice with a garden of eyes
Post glyphs.

>mfw I've also made another chalice with a roaming pthumerian descendant

I once made one that gad a hotdog and an undead giant in the gian pit withthr oil floor.

I like to roll before I shoot just because it looks fucking cool

you guys never went farming for gems? the chalices are packed with shit like this, in even more hellish scenarios

There's also the Abhorrent Beast and BSB in Loran Root dungeons
No, but my newest hunter is designed for dungeons, so I'll probably see things I never saw before

Ihyll glyph: ghtrrdmc
Isz glyph: qn3qzm2k

Ihyll has shadow, isz has garden both on layer 3 bonus area, I believe.

I rarely make loran chalices but I've always wanted to make one fot the hope of a roaming abhorrent beast.

better yet, when bosses can delay the hits or continue a combo only if you've gotten hit OR you dodge back in thinking its over but they can just continue it anyway.

i've seen undead giant do his mace pound like 6 times in a row by trying to go back in for a hit then he goes IM NOT DONE YET, YOU MOVED BACK INTO RANGE

>Maria on a BLT build
Might as well not use the fucking tricked mode and stick to regular attacks. That fight was a fucking slog. Hate those unavoidable lingering hitboxes on third phase too.

nah that's just you being bad. not knowing how their aggro range works shows poor huntsmanship

How much armor does defiled hotdogs face have?

It's going uphill from here, the Bloodletter is inbound

its called learning, user. theres a fucking difference, next your gonna tell me to gitgud

Hope so. Haven't used that weapon before at all.

i think its about 20% of his hp

>Maria on a BLT build
Just shoot her with BMA.

i know this pain, trying to do it with chinkage and she feels fucking tanky. what level did you do it at / weapon level?

i'm trying not to break down and summon but i'm about out of healing vials.

the rest of us already learned. that's why you don't see anyone else complaining about aggro ranges. come back when you can hunt with the big boys.

After getting the Key in the Lighthouse Hut, go to the Underground Corpse Pile lamp immediately. As for using it, make sure you can withstand Frenzy, it's the tricked L2

76 +7 chicago. I just went spelunking when I got the good chalice and haven't come back until recently. I haven't even got to Rom in the main story.

I already solo'd the entire fucking game a few times you autist, you are trying way too hard to show your epeen over others. I merely wanted to point out behaviour, and that undead giant one was one I remembered because he would do it over and over and I thought it was funny.

>tfw made the last 5 threads in a row
>tfw used my shitty pewdiepie edited meme i'd made on my other pc
>tfw no vilebloods complained about the meme

oh, 15 levels above me. I wonder if that would make the fight easier. I should probably go spelunking for some gems and echoes.

one is you failing to understand how the AI works whereas the other one is being surprised by something new. You're almost making me want to say it

I know exactly how the ai works, what surprised me was the fact it would do so many swings in a row. You are trying REALLY hard now to try and have me fit this image in your head, that I don't know how ai or range or whatnot works.

There's a word for that...

I'm only on depth 3 dungeons. Just 12-16% gems.

I think we're burned out from the recent Vileblood/Executioner/Confederate roleplay stupidity

how does this look for a blt pure build, i have 18 arc so i can still parry with augur because i'll be using the transformed modes exclusively. do i need both stam runes or should i have 1 more hp rune instead?mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/21784

haha but that's not what your post was about?

Because nobody cares about what you do.

When did you realize that this game was literally the best game ever made?

Damn, that thing's fast for a normal poisebreak.

When I killed Rom

It's good, I'd knock one point out of Vit and put it into Skill for Bowblade. Clock, Clock, Anti-Clock is fine even with 10 End.

when i first got to the hunters dream I assumed that I was the hunter the title was referring to, so when i found the abandoned workshop and gained insight(which i interpreted at the time as the player seeing something he shouldn't) it fucking blew my mind because obvs the character had never seen the place before, yet it was in the dream, so i realised that what i thought was like a weird mental state the player went into to get stronger was him literally walking about in an unknown persons dream.
ok thanks user

What could it be?

IT'S GUIDANCE 3

thats abit mean

When I discovered FRC Chalice dungeons

Apart from Gascoigne, Gehrman, Ludwig, Orphan, all my favorite bosses are either Chalice-exclusive bosses or also found in chalices

I don't really like playing through story mode multiple times because I have it memorized by now

But chalice dungeons are always fresh- no mucking about doing things I've already done, just boot up a fresh Chalice and have exploration and surprises waiting for me. Sure there are repetitive aspects, but less so than Story Mode.

The next soulborne successor probably won't have Chalices and it makes me sad

>see patches
>shoot him off the cliff into the ravine
>he falls
>go to pick up item
>cutscene still plays of him knocking me down

>tfw you know Guidance 3 is probably just a myth but you still want to believe there's just one more thing in the game that hasn't been discovered yet
Does anyone even use guidance?

Chasing after Micolash and going to DLC right after him. Around then. First major slap in the face was Hypogean Gaol.

It works fine for rushdown with weapons with a lot of rally regain like the axe and hms.

i use guidance 1+2 on my axe/kirk/whirligig build, an l1 attack with any of those will give give 400hp back

>tfw you found guidance 3 when the dlc first came out and haven't told anyone the glyph

>murder him in lecture building
>he's still on the wall in Frontier

It's not Patches.