>Perfect for sexying qt3.14 gf

Other urls found in this thread:

vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/
youtu.be/kKZP7ROd_kY
youtu.be/7gCzAKbkWMI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Those sexy lines
>That aggressive front grill

Ashtrays everywhere? Oh great. A vehicle full of adults addicted to drugs AND pacifiers sucking little white paper cocks all the way to the Olive Garden.
Fucking gross.

I find it funny how most cars made before the late 90s had shit-tons of ashtrays but zero cupholders.

>Ashtrays everywhere
>in a family wagon

LE MILLENIAL DANK MAYMAYS

>tfw your dream garage will never be all station wagons because some of them weren't made as such
Also doesn't that roll down tail window just pull in exhaust fumes unless you open all the windows to get a full draft through the car?

>Oh, great
Ftfy?

>I find it funny how most cars made before the late 90s had shit-tons of ashtrays but zero cupholders.
I too have noticed this.

Now that you mention it....

It's more useful on the highway when you have 8 people smoking, or when it's 110o out and you want super good air flow

How expensive are the WRX Wagons to insure as opposed to a regular wrx ?

Get some quotes and find out?

Veeky Forums isn't an insurance broker.

The exhaust on wagon's has a 90 degree bend and exists out the side instead of straight back for the reasons you said.

People didn't constantly carry around a water bottle, go-mug or a Starbucks coffee back then like they do now. They always had a cigarette or a pipe going which was distracting enough.

To go along with this, when I bought my 87 Colony Park, it had no cats and ugly pea shooters straight out the back. You couldn't put the rear window down or you'd pretty much gas yourself. If I ever put it back together it's getting turnouts right after the rear tires.

>been putting off the manual swap because poor
>lots of cash coming in next month
>seriously considering it

4.4l v8 lux wagon from bmw's golden years with a stick shift will be fucking amazing

damn its sexy

>ugly pea shooters straight out the back
Blasphemy

This tho

i also have a 540i, how do you manual swap?

With money. What else?

Aren't you that guy with the barn full of LTD's?

... When are you getting a Lincoln Hearse?

I kinda want to do a manual swap on a Caprice/Roadmaster wagon. It'd be like a big, old, comfy CTS-V wagon if that existed in the 90's. Has anyone done this? Any info online? Googling yields few answers.

>Blasphemy
When (if) I put it back together it'll get a full mandrel bent 2.5" all the way back with turn outs and 3" tips.

I've already got my Town Car. One Lincoln at a time is enough for me.

Dumb question, but do you know anything about straight piping a later CV/GM? Or where a good high performance cat is? I'm planning on a CVPI dual exhaust, flowmaster headers and a set of glass packs on the back, but I didn't know if a high performance cat was a decent idea or if I should just hack them off and find some way to shut up the O2 sensor.

What year are we talking? I'm assuming 4.6, but if it's a 03 up or not makes a decent effect on parts you can use. As much as I hate to say it, crownvic.net is your best bet on info. It's full of underage normie whackers, but the tech info their for modular cars is second to none.

It's a 2003. I hate going to those those forums because there's no such thing as single-page threads. I was just hoping you had some experience, but I'm guessing you haven't made the jump to later model Panthers.

Out of curiousity, any chance you'll ever want a Mk VI Continental? I read somewhere they're first-gen panthers as well as the first Town Cars.

They are.

I bought a wrecked 04 Sport to do a 03+ frame swap on one of my boxes, but that project is currently on the backburner. I also have a nice teksid block laying around, just need some decent C heads for it. Although the more I think about it I should just buy a nice wrecked coyote 5.0 from an insurance auction instead.

I've heard nothing but good things from the magnaflow direct replacement cats. It's a single cat instead of the factory dual cats on each side. Throw an H pipe behind it and run whatever duals you want.

What is the best wagon? And why is it the K-Car Town & Country?

It may be called that, but that's not a fuckin wagon.

I would have offered up my Taurus wagon for the title, if it didn't grenade it's transmission, as I've found out many of them do.

Thats a rad looking vintage snowmobile... what is it? Cant remember having seen that front before

>fwd

m8 pls. I wouldn't turn one down but it's a sorry excuse for a wagon. If it can't tow at least 6k it's useless.

That was a '75 340 powered Arctic Cat Cheetah. Fun little bomber.

I've also owned a '77 500 F/C powered Pantera, a '74 Ski Doo 300 Citation, and currently a pretty minty '78 Pantera 500 F/C. One of the few things I like more than alcohol, anime and old panthers is vintage leafers. Sadly this has been another bullshit winter and I haven't even gotten either of my sleds out.

Damn - we don't have a lot of those. Around those years we mostly have Ockelbos and a few Yamahas and the odd Ski Doo Alpines, mostly due to snowmobiles not being allowed for use outside of work (very restricted as to where you can drive even with a work permit), rescue service and similar stuff

Been dedicating a good bit (most of it) of my free hours lately to fixing up one of the two Lynx 5900 FLC's we have in my local Red Cross, and the trailer for it. Trailer has had its wiring completely redone, had the aluminium cab repaired by having its rivets placed back in, corners hammered flat & reinforced and also drilled a lot of holes to put bolts in the top, securing it properly to the "frame" of the top and making sure the faggoty rivets dont pop out again

Here is the cab after I had gotten it on and hammered in the rivets again. The whole plate was basically loose. You can also see the corners having been abused

I am seriously considering imposing a three-hour course before anyone is allowed to drive anywhere with our trailers...

I wonder who the fuck thought it a good idea to put a brittle plastic handle from a boat onto this...

How would you feel if someone did this and you didn't find out until the moment you're going out on a search?

Nice.

Still lots of vintage sleds around here.
My very first sled, the 77 pantera. Got it for free from the local classifieds and did a quick resto on it.

Its a weird thing, getting on one of those when you're used to driving the most modern Yamaha Ventures and Vikings. You can feel just how ancient these things are, but still; it works. It gets where you need it to be, its light as fuck and its the simplest shit ever to fix

The old cheetah minus it's leopard skin seat.

I really like the styling on the front of that

Were single-ski snowmobiles ever popular in the US/Canada/wherever you ar?

(and I'll admit that I feel a bit of shame having hijacked an actually good thread)

>mostly due to snowmobiles not being allowed for use outside of work

Are you shitting me? You reindeer fuckers have it worse than I thought.

Aye

I dunno... we're currently reforming the rules and local governments should soon be able to make their own rules about setting up snowmobile trailers within their areas, and perhaps even the opportunity of actual "freeride areas"

I'm not a supporter of the "everything allowed everywhere" mentality. We have fantastically beautiful, untouched nature here, and I would like to keep it as that - but I still think we have plenty of areas that are not ever used for anything where a small trail would be fine and not in the way of loggers, skiers or anyone else

Fun fact; the reindeer fuckers up north have it good. Because of
>muh indigenous population
they have much more relaxed laws and can do essentially whatever they want, with certain areas being closed off and having enforced speed limits

I just have a really soft spot for the old vintage leafers.
This is a really old site, but I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted on here.
vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/

No pics of the old citation, guess I was wrong, it was a '78
youtu.be/kKZP7ROd_kY
And the current '78 Pantera.
youtu.be/7gCzAKbkWMI

Also have a 94? Polaris XCR, the """performance""" version of the XLT. It's currently in pieces.

The last few winters have been such BS I haven't done any work to the sleds.

Its a good thing you do - not many folks have an interest in them

I've been waiting for the signal from the guy responsible for our economy to do a "full" renovation of the green Lynx, and over the past few weeks it has gotten
>all bulbs new
Only one headlight and the rear light (brake light filament was burnt) was working
>new drive belt
>snow belt has been tightened and fully inspected
>engine dissassembled and inspected
>new spark plugs
>new gaskets
>luggage box has been unfucked
>handlebars have been straightened out
>new battery
Old one was showing 3.2 volts after a full 24 hour charge

Its like a completely new machine.
Tomorrow its getting a siren mounted

Oh, almost forgot to ask; do you guys get Lynx wherever you are, or does BRP not sell them outside Europe?

A quick google search turns up it appears not. Again, I don't pay much attention to modern sleds though.

I guess North Americans have a very strong tie with Ski-Doo, and it wouldn't make sense to give yourself another competitor from the same company. We get both Ski-Doo and Lynx here, with both being top-selling brands

Never seen a belt like that... custom made/modified?

Vintage stock 2/3 cleated gripper. Gotta love how they did it in the old days.

Is this like the Veeky Forums version of the bannana poster over on /b/? Jesus christ, there's 5x more snowmobile shit in this thread than station wagons.

Sadly I don't have pics of both.

>tfw no rolling smokers lounge to sail across the country
hopefully they haven't all rusted to bits by the time I have enough disposable income and friends

What happened to 2-door wagons? Look at how slick this shit looks. I'd 100% rock it today.

So am I still going to pay as much as a regular wrx sedan which is wild

Probably a little more due to the added blind spots.

My nigga

>Endless comfort
>Can sleep at rest stops because there's plenty of room
>Basically a bedroom on wheels

Its not fucking easy if you have an e39. There's a bunch of modules that have to be reprogrammed. Fun fact to illustrate my point: There is a module for opening the tailgate, it stops working when you remove the auto transmission.

conversion van is good for that too

My wagon, a 97' Volvo 940 LPT.

I love the Space and comfyness. Slept in it in the snowy this weekend and took her drifting. She's a beast in the snowy. Very controllable but great when you do throw her sideways.

Agreed.

older station wagons you said

Is it weird that I want to daily drive a couch with a (sloppy mechanics™) turbo LS?
Pic very related

forgot picture. Mine

Vans have that whole creeper vibe going on though, even conversion vans with huge windows aren't immune. There's just something classy about a 19ft long land barge from the malaise era and people won't be rushing their children inside and calling the cops when you drive past.

actual Hyundai owner please go

>hood ornament delete on BIGNSLOW

for what purpose?

Not at all. Who doesn't love cruising down the highway at 70mph on a seat that puts La-Z-Boy to shame?