2017 Toyota 86 Veeky Forumspinion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/689864056/overview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

slow piece of shit

Front facelift looks horrible in person, engine still horribly underpowered.

Steering and control in general is great, good road feel

Critics need to realize it's not a racecar and more of a tourer, it's fun for zipping around backroads but if you think you're going to be able to stoplight race in it you're sadly mistaken and should throw in a few extra grand for a mustang.

The problem is people criticize it because OMG 200HP SO SLOW xD when they don't realize it wasn't made for boyracers.
t. test drove one

The sporty version of the new Yaris will have AWD, 10 hp more and be lighter, so what's the point?

fun car to drive, cheap to maintain, best car to learn how to drive rwd

>muh lap times on a track I'll never drive on.

It's slower to 60 too though. LMFAO

I'll be fucked if Toyota brings back RWD on their economy cars. Post proof.

Clearly retarded. It looks great in person. Although not as good as the first-gen.

The new one they upgraded with unnecessary bullshit. They say it drives better, but it looks worse and has lower top speed.

The earlier models have more of a 90's vintage touches and are very comfy, but the newer models removed that and added buttons and displays, ugh.

ANGERY

>slower than a Camry
>worse handling than a 2006 Corolla

I own a MY14 FRS.

The Kouki 86 looks like shit. There is literally no reason to buy one over the BRZ now.

>big ass brembo brakes for the whopping 170hp

>170hp
Jesus. My 15 year old eclipse had more power

Thats a BRZ.

Miata has bbk and even less power.

Did you just admit to owning a 3g eclipse?

literally this.

they took a perfectly good looking frs/86 & made it look like the biggest kike possible.

there is no reason not to buy a brz now.

zenki frs/86 was goat.

>kouki is mirror image of pic related

I never said it wasn't?

This thread is about the 2017 86. Here is my car though if you're that interested.

Did you just admit to owning an FRS?

Misread my bad nice car.

Fiesta ST shits all over this fuccboi "god machine" for less money. Simple mods and tune can get like 270 lb-ft torque on the FiST, and you'll still spend less than a new 86. BTFO NIGGER

Yeah, twice actually.

>rwd economy cars
nope, not happening
>awd yaris gti
also not likely, it'll be sporty, but fwd

>nobody would own one if it wasn't for Inisharu D

You fucks are making these so expensive, stop the memeing please.

maybe y'all can help me

I want a smaller sporty car but I'm never going to race, never going to touch a track. It'll be a commuter, errand runner, and vacationer. If I have to use it everyday I want it to be fun but I'm not an enthusiast.

How is the 86/FRS/BRZ vs something like the Accord Coupe V6, G37x, or Genesis Coupe?

Fiesta st?
slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

> couple of simple mods

>1994 Honda
LaughingGirls.jpg

>being this new

>How is the 86/FRS/BRZ vs something like the Accord Coupe V6, G37x, or Genesis Coupe?

You have to sit in those cars. You day you want something smaller, but the accord, genesis, and Infiniti are not small like the 86 is. To be honest, the 86 is probably not the right car for you.

Just buy a 4 cylinder mustang desu.

>Bragging about power in a fwd car
Wew lad

>Slower than a fwd car
Weweeee

i was baiting back, retardo

>being slower than a fwd car

You think anyone buys a 86 because they want a fast car?

Are you pretending to be retarded?

>Gm fangirls are THIS delusional

Never even drove it

Never even drove anything

What's different between the Scion FR-S and the 2017 86, besides the facelift?

I think it has slightly more power and different gearing.

>t. buttmad cause its true

Pretty much this. The interior is a little nicer too, but it's only available in one trim unlike the brz

86 owners on suicide watch

If you want a proper fun coupe with power and handling, either get a 370z (3 grand more than a BRZ but 150hp more) or G37x. The BRZ is so slow, even Maximas humiliate it.

>literally slow: the car
Lmaoing @ their lives

Thanks mates. I imagine the parts and maintenance costs are pretty similar between the 86 and BRZ, yeah?

Like how much of a joke do you have to be to think you are driving a "sports car" when fat bitches in their fwd auto maximas and accords will pull on you everytime.

>"b-b-b-but user it's a track car."
>literally demolished on nurburgring by every major hot hatch in the past ten years

RWD is a meme

>fat bitches in their fwd auto maximas and accords will pull on you everytime.
86fags literally BTFO

>370z
What does Veeky Forums think?
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/689864056/overview/

I love the color combo. Might go test drive today :-)

DO IT. It's brilliant. The trans is nearly bulletproof and with a few boltons, you can get an extra 60-80whp. A solid mid 300whp out of a lightweight sports coupe for 18 grand. Can't go wrong.

Smirf blue will be a cop magnet. Just sayin.

>muh straight line car

Why would anyone buy a 370z when you could buy a Cayman or C6 for the same price?

Have fun getting pulled over, Speedy.

Obnoxious mopar colors are a cop magnet. Yellow, orange, lime green, bright purple, racing liveries. Plasti-dipped wheels and giant Monster Energy stickers are a cop magnet. A park bench bolted to the trunk is a cop magnet. No cop specifically targets a blue car, blue is a common color. If anything he'd target it because it's a 370z and user farted past the cop 30 over the limit at 6,000 RPM.

I was told a red car would get cop attention/higher insurance premiums for my entire life and then I bought one and I've never been pulled over once and my insurance didn't even ask what color it was.

insurace knows what color it is from the vin dumbass

>same price
370z is 29k
Cayman is 54k
Corvette is 55k

kek

>Brembo brakes

Why

not an argument, toyocuck

I desperately want this to happen but I suspect if it does it'll be one of those limited run GRMN dealies and not mass market.

370z for 29k doesn't even have an LSD.

C6 corvette is way less than 55k you double nigger

>muh track car

>colors are cop magnets
lol wat

They aren't gonna pull over red corvettes every time they see em. You have to be speeding first but if you are, you are guaranteed a ticket. Chances are you'll be clocked at high speeds even before cops hear your exhaust or make your specific vehicle. A red car obviously stands out more but it's not like a cop is gonna be "oh here comes a fast, lowered, and loud moving black dot, I'm gonna let him go because he isn't red."

Rice

>comparing new to used car
brilliant user.

it's not a track car, its not a straight line car. What the fuck is it?

It's literally a drivable meme

>Buying new

Even comparing new to new, a v6 Camaro is a better car than a new 370z

it might as well be, you have to invest a lot of money to make it competitive. I do like the rocket bunny kit for it though, shit's cash

Who says it's not a track car?

Just because it doesn't set lap records doesn't mean you can't have fun at the track with it.

This. Personally I DGAF about drag racing, what I love is hitting up the back roads through the forests. That's where the 86 shines, so I am stoked as fuck about it, 3 years on and I still love it.

It's a track car that emphasizes driving technique on a balanced chassis, that can corner with throttle input, and teaches you how to be more efficient and smooth through corners as a driver so that when it's all paid off, and you trade it in on the new Supra, you can drive it like a sports car is supposed to be driven, with out driving like a ricer fag in a Fiesta ST weaving in and out of traffic.

lmao it's really not burger.

370z
>330hp
>3250lbs curb weight

V6 camaro
>335hp
>3450 curb weight

So it's an overpriced miata?
>muh dagumi corner learning
The learning technique you just described is highly subjective, I'd learn to be more efficient if I were in a high powered car trying to kill me at each turn. Then again I am not a responsible person

>be europoor Dutch
>see people complaining about low powered coupe
>"it's probably cheap, but let me check the websi-"
>52K yurocoins for a manual gt86
WHAT THE FUGGG

A manual cayman comes at 65k with a 300hp turbo flat 4

No, you would learn basically to baby it through a corner then gradually get on the gas power out of it.

Where as if you had proper driving skills, you would be able to understand the limits of the car better and understand how to push it to the limit with out looking like a faggot afraid of the throttle.

boring car for boring people

:)

It's cheaper than a Miata

It's also uglier and heavier

>a faggot afraid of the throttle.
that's my learning technique, if you keep learning to step on the throttle around corners you'll do it by accident on other cars by a fatal mistake. Whatever floats you boat I guess. I'm just benchracing since I don't even have a car yet
isn't the mazda 28K and the 86 30k? This is sold as a commuter car while the mazda is a known girl/hobbyist car.The GT86 is sold as a commuter car and its underpowered even for that. If it had FWD or some variation of AWD we'd be in business

This is exactly what I plan on doing when I get one. I'm not a track guy, I don't stoplight drag race, and I don't jerk off about numbers and how the car looks on paper.

I honestly don't know if people are still trolling years later or they actually think that people buying them WAN GO FAST and MUH TRACK TIMES.

Good on Toyobaru for making such a polarizing car that is still talked about and debated so much.

I thought they no longer do homologation in WRC?

>If it had FWD or some variation of AWD we'd be in business
I just want to point this out to the RWD meme dickriders. RWD is only good for high performance sports cars. Taking a car with very little power and giving it RWD not only increases drivetrain hp losses but adds extra weight. If there was a FWD BRZ, it would literally be faster than their current RWD config. Fucking Civics do better from a dig, roll AND on the damn track.

BRZ is worthless. It's a joke in the car community. You can drop 4 grand worth of boltons into it and gain maybe 30whp on a good day.

bahahah the BRZ/FRS/86 is such trash
>but Muh RWD
>Muh track day bro
>Muh drift
I can't handle all these meme ingredients

Looks are subjective, only slightly heavier.
Here it's 39 for the 86, 45 for the Miata.

I drove both, the Miata's feels too soft and not as connected, plus it's boot is too small to fit my groceries in. I haven't used the rear seats often, but I have used them. The 86 was an easy choice. Also cross shopped a WRX and GTI, both faster, but much more boring to drive.

I do enjoy track days, but it's fun. I'm not racing other people so how fast the car is, it's irrelevant, it's how fun it is which is important.

Some are trolling, others are retarded and do believe power is everything, they're the same people that would never appreciate a Lotus.

>40k gets you 200hp
Memes aside, thats fucking terrible

Look at this car, 140HP, what a piece of shit, how retarded would you have to be to but one HAHA

>Kouki
hahaha youre a faggot.

gtfo weeb

>zenki
>kouki

hahaha you'rea huge faggot.

cool, a slow overpriced shitbox. kys.

>actually pay money for anything even touched by a britbong

fcking disgusting.

Since when is controllable oversteer a meme?

>Calling people weebs on a Chinese comic book website

>I-I don't know japanese
>I just u-use japanese words when referring to cars in certain situations for no reason,
>D-does that make me c-cool?

HYOOG faggot.

Who says I don't know Japanese?

Baka.

>literally a weeb
Nice

You're what I like to call a "Gaijin".

>controllable oversteer
BRZs are so slow, they don't need to worry over oversteer. The only thing a BRZ owner should worry about is getting the crankshaft to turn fast enough so your battery doesn't run out of charge mid-trip.

Shit I'd even be worried about the crank turning it's own weight

Gross!