Taco or Colorado? And why? (btw, if Colorado, I'm thinking the Deisil)

Taco or Colorado? And why? (btw, if Colorado, I'm thinking the Deisil)

Diesel is horribly underpowered.

Why do you even need a new trug?

Kys why even buy a new anything

Ford lighting

>horribly underpowered

Are you retarded?
OP just buy an old chebby truck with a diesel and a stick for 10k.

are you serious?
if op can afford it why the fuck not

not SRS just shit posting

>I can't afford nice things
>nobody else is allowed to own nice things
t.hondaricefag detected

lmao stay poor, nothing wrong with either of those trucks

Colorado

Cheaper and has more power across the board

go fuck yourselves

>why even buy a new anything
Because Tacoma pricing means that the only time you ever get a good deal on one is when you buy it new.

That only really works for cars. Used trucks are either cheap and abused to hell or overpriced with high mileage.

toyota trucks have a better historical track record and maintain their value longer

I was seriously asking. Anything (besides comfort and warranty) you need in a trug, you can just get a 2008-2012 Colorado/Ranger/Tacoma for a third of the price. Then you can modify it from there to suit your needs. If you want something more comfy, get a wagon or an actual SUV.

OP I'm not trying to be rude but I'm gonna ask you again:
Why do you need a new trug?

Because I want something with a manual transmission but I don't want a sports car because after driving a crossover all my life I hate low cars.

>after driving a crossover all my life I hate low cars

Most crossovers have like 6 inches of ground clearance. Most trucks have around 12''.

Honda Ridgeline

If you plan on keeping it for an extended period of time and using it like a truck, then absolutely neither one. Get a 3/4 ton anything and it'll last a lot longer.

If you plan on keeping it and using it like a car, then look at Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade.

If you plan on buying new and selling in 5-10 years (which is a horrible decision financially) then the Tacoma will probably result in the smallest loss assuming they maintain their current popularity bubble for that long.

A 2012 Colorado is a design from 2003. A 2012 Ranger is a design from 1997. Fuck that.

Neither. Get an old ranger with a 4 cylinder or a 7.3 powerstroke. Only lifestyle fags buy these.

What's wrong with the design being old? Name actual things wrong with it, not just years, There are models from every year with good and bad things lasting into current year.

2012 Colorados don't exist. Only 2010s.
2012 Rangers don't exist. Only 2011s.

get the fuck outa here

>if it can't haul an arbitrary length sheet of plywood, it's a lifestyle vehicle
>even IF you don't carry said arbitrary length sheet of ply, it's important to appear as though you do
>utilising a 4x4 pickup as a recreational offroader is unacceptable

Chev is "make murrka gud a gain" level
Toyota seems to be the choice when shit really matters.

Ranger is just a shit vehicle all around
not good enough mpg to be a good commuter
not enough payload / towing weight to be a truck

>arbitrary
>4x8 standard
wut

>Chev is "make murrka gud a gain" level
>Toyota seems to be the choice when shit really matters.
Apply the same logic from a different perspective and you get
>Toyota is "crush the infidels and fuck goats in mud huts" level
>GM seems to be the choice when shit really matters.

File name should be more like "unloading_a_KEK_vehicle" amiright

Toyota Tacoma if you plan on keeping the vehicle.

where's your god now?

Where's your allah now?

Using a 4x4 truck as an offroader is fine. Spending 40k on that recreational offroader is not.

COLORADO FOR SURE.
Toyota trucks are Playskool bullshit compared to any Diesel Isuzu.

Get a Tacoma, been loving mine
Source: own one and test drove the Colorado it drove like a sack of wet shit

>clearance lights in the grill of a 1/4 ton truck
Now this is some stupid shit.

Honda Ridgeline

>wahhh something I don't like

Tacoma because I like the idea of calling it the taco truck

But it looks cool at night friend :)

Sister has a Colorado, was with her when she test drove that and the Tacoma. The Tacoma felt like it had such a far reaching hood, and odd that it didn't have power seats.

I didn't test drive either but I have driven the Colorado after she got it I hate how it drives but otherwise it's not bad in other terms. Hate how big trucks got in general though, much bigger than the 03 Frontier it replaced.

The hood is fairly massive from the drivers seat. And I'm the only one that drives so manual seats didn't bother me.

I do wish trucks the size of ranger and s10 made a comeback, although it'll never happen

>Clearance lights
Now would those be considered clearance lights?

>clearance lights

they're not clearance lights if they're not on the roofline dummy

this.

it's actually really irritating but it's true. i ended up buying a new tacoma because all of the 1 2 or 3 year-old ones were still at least 70% the cost of new.

they simply don't depreciate fast enough to make used a good deal.

lmao. a 2012 taco for the 3rd of a 2017? I see 2012s that cost more than my 2017!

Post your tacos brahs

practically the same as the colorado but i love my canyon i'm happy with the v6 i don't think i could handle that pretty wimpy diesel

tacos are for boys
tundras are for men

Saw the new tundra trd sport at the Chicago show. Bitch looks mean might get it

I got the base model 4cyl 2017 taco. Other than being a little under powered (and thats only cause i hate going over 2k rpm) going up hills and the auto being indecisive at times, its been an amazing truck so far.The huge hood is true though, sometimes it feels bigger than my old silverado.

>buying nip trucks with their drum brakes and chicken tax

ishygddt

I hate the new pigfat bloated Tundras tbqh

are you the user who got the 2wd taco?

>drum brakes r bad
meme
>chicken tax
t. has no idea what he's talking about

Just a i4, 6spd auto 2wd SR model. Just moved from Texas to Alabama, did 75+ the whole way with a loaded bed and averaged 22-24mpg highway.

Future plans:
-aggressive tires with basic black rims
-light bar up front
-leveling kit
-some form of overland basket that's held over the bed (if anyone knows where I can get one, that would be appreciated)

Yup.

Colorado if u finna aesthetic funsies

Tacoma if you're practical and want it to retain its value for the next 900 years

Damn I love that red. The one I test drove was red before I had them bring me in my white one. Wanted to take it home.

Not a fan of how the base just has an unpainted front bumper, literally what the fuck Toyota did that Save you 100 dollars.

Rough country has a nice lightbar kit, same one I got on mine for 300.

>general motors garbage
>ever

just get the tacoma op

That Tacoma was made in America you weeb.

That's the point. It's like relocating your taillights to the front of the vehicle because you think they look better there. Shit's retarded.

Why do they have to be clearance lights? Why can't the man just have some damn lights in his grill Raptor does the same shit

Blame that on Ferd

An old Ranger with a 7.3 Powerstroke?

>Ranger is just a shit vehicle all around
Heretic

a rare clean moment

Can I not blame ferd for starting it AND blame this fool for blindly following it?

>why do they have to be tail lights? Can't a man just have red lights on his hood that get brighter when he brakes?

What's your opinion of the I4? What other cars have you driven regularly enough to compare it to?

>Ranger is just a shit vehicle all around

Yeah okay. That's why it's considered one of, if not the best small pickup trucks every created.

i was thinking something more along the lines of this

Yes. Yes you can

If you're using it as an A to B, weekend warrior, toss a dirt bike in the back or do some amateur trailing, its all you'll really need. It hovers at 2100 rpms at 75-80 all day, has enough get up and go so you dont feel like you're risking death everytime you merge with traffic (now granted, you're gonna lose just about every race). My only complaint about it is that you will lose speed going up hill until it drops gears, and (this may be a tacoma thing now, not just the i4) the throttle seems numb so you actually have to move it to gain 5mph, but ive noticed it at any speed, not just highway.

Ive driven a wide range of vehicles; motorcycles to big box trucks. But comparing it to the 4.3 V6 silverado i had before hand, its better in every way except that i cant make more noise (i know its weaker than the 4.3, but it doesnt feel like it).

What a bunch of faggots.

>aggressive tires
>2wd

whats the point get some tires that get good mpg

if you wanted off road performance you should of gotten the 4wd

Ho Canyonero, Ho!

>vehicles were made and sold in other markets than the U.S.
Here's aa 2011-2015 (t6) ranger.
Dipshit.

so much hate on another dudes build. Won't post a pic of your retarded build tho

>blindly following it
Looks cool to me, stop being a hater nerd

TACO

Ill take what is a pre-runner for 500.

Im not talking mud boggers, but something that'll do well on the trails

Relevant if you're a carpenter or a drywaller. And even then, a roof rack system is more ergonomic to load than a retarded styleside bed.
If you can't afford $40k to spend on an offroader, then you're correct. If you do have $40k to spend on an offroader, then it's fine.

>when shunting trailers around a base is "shit that really matters"
We're talking about front line vehicles sweetheart.

They really fucked up the styling on the new taco. The front end is a mess of blocky and round. I can tell it won't age well. The new hilux looks like shit too.

>Ill take what is a pre-runner for 500
Your answer would be "not a standard shitbox with different tyres" you droob.

>Ill take what is a pre-runner for 500.
oh boy your a retard

>hey guies just changed my tires on my base model 2wd truck
>Now i have a pre runner
>XDDDDDDD

kys

the only place you should of pre ran to was to the 4wd version of your truck

>a roof rack system is more ergonomic to load than a retarded styleside bed.
Ladder racks will not hold up to the weight of a skid of plywood or drywall.
I'm not a carpenter or drywaller and we use 4x8 sheets of fiberglass and wood fiber insulation on a near daily basis. Ladder racks could be easier to load by forklift but they're quite a bit more difficult to unload by hand once you get back to the job.

>Won't post a pic of your retarded build tho
You leave my retarded build out of this.

Good trail tires =/= good prerunner tires
Good mud tires are often good on trails though. See BFG KM1/KM2, Super Swamper TSLs, Trail Grapplers, etc.

You have a rack system mounted on a truck rated for the load.
I am a drywaller, and unloading sheet rock is indeed easier to handle off a roof rack than it is a styleside bed. But then, if you really were serious about using your pickup as a work vehicle, you wouldn't be dicking around with a styleside bed period.

>toyota garbage
>ever

>I'm thinking the Deisil
great job spending 40k+ on a "compact" truck

you can get an f150 or silverado for the same price with better options

at least the jap garbage holds it's value, warranted or not

get a Taco TRDPro. or wait a few months and get a Colorado zr2

You can throw three sheets on a roof rack and it's not bad but you're not putting a full skid on top of a rack. It's just not happening.
And if you do, you wont be able to unload it by hand.

You'd really be better off not asking the autists here.

Im not saying my truck will be a prerunner, but most prerunner trucks are 2wd. I just want some good all terrains.

those are some seriously clogged drains.

And prerunners work on sand at high speeds, NOT low speed trail crawling. If you're driving your vehicle is such a way that prerunners are driven, you quickly find yourself with half a vehicle in no time.

You aren't going to like sitting in the Tacoma then

Toyo ATs are amazing
Nitto ATs are amazing but they don't last 25k miles

t. Lots of wheeling and dirt driving in both 2 and 4x4

holy shit the autism kicked in

That would be the retard comparing a standard Tacoma with a prerunner.

Beg the differ, last set of Nitto Trail Grabbers I had fitted lasted 80,000kms being rotated over four tyres.

I'll be buying a diesel Colorado in six months to a year. The Tacoma can't tow 7k, and I like the better torque and mileage of a diesel. Sat in one at the dealer yesterday, pretty nice truck, felt like it was built really well. Expensive AF though