Why do you guys love Rhodesia so much?

Why do you guys love Rhodesia so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GyAX8GIRi2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because /pol/ loves the Lost Cause narrative in all its forms, no matter how stupid.

It had one of the highest living standards in Africa and wasn't a complete dickhead apartheid state like South Africa.

Whichever side lost, that is the side Veeky Forums will defend. I've seen people trumpet Carthage, Revolutionary Catalonia, and even the Sophists

>/pol/
Even /pol/ has fewer rhodesian "appreciation" threads than Veeky Forums
>It had one of the highest living standards in Africa
If it is true, why now rhodesian ex-territories are poor as fuck?

>If it is true, why now rhodesian ex-territories are poor as fuck?

Probably white devil Yakub tricknology idk man tough question

Because Rhodesia was handled exactly how a post-colonial nation should have been handled: power was slowly being transitioned to the majority as they learned how to use it, standard of living was rising for the civilized blacks, and middle class whitey wasn't being robbed of what they had worked generations for.

It wasn't politically correct, but it would have worked, should have worked, and the model could have been used on a lot of the other fuckups in Africa. If only...

This.

Look on the bright side, Africa is getting better in certain places.

But then again, it's not like it could get worse.

>muh white people

>trumpet Carthage, Revolutionary Catalonia, and even the Sophists
All of those are worth defending.

>Why is Zimbabwe poor as fuck?
Mugabe drove experienced white farmers out of the country and the was surprised when his crops went to shit. Combine that with hyperinflation and retarded government policies and you've got a third-world country

pretty much this, it was a Kiplingboo's wet dream

Hey, look yonder, tell me what do you see
Going to the fields of Angola?
Looks like my black brother with his submachine gun
Going to the Angolan war, going to the Angolan war
And it's a long hard road, it's a long hard road
It's a long hard road, but Africa has got to be free
youtu.be/GyAX8GIRi2U

First post, best post.

Africa, on the whole is getting better at a breakneck pace. The places that aren't improving are the exception.

You're onto something, user.

How come every single communist regime goes full retard with agriculture? This isn't even a racial issue, you see it everywhere. Ethiopia, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Russia, Ukraine, North Korea, China etc. It's like you aren't a true communist unless you cause at least one famine.

A successful white-controlled colony that got totally mismanaged by black people after the Euros left. It's basically the posterchild for the white man's burden being a real thing. Mugabe even begged the white people to come back

Could the enormous amount of foreign aid have anything to do with that?

Because communism isn't meant to be implemented in backwater agrarian societies, it's inherent design relies on the progress and wealth of places like Britain or Germany.

I guess welfare works.

Yeah until the Chinks pull out and climate change fucks them up and it's onto wars

Wasn't this model used by Nambia ever since they've been independent from South Africa?

No. I mean this guys has a graph showing the in/out

But all that is still relatively small compared to Africas internal market. 30 billion dollars compared to an economy of 2.39 trillion.

Besides which even into the 2000s, China was a huge recipient of foreign aid, and pretty much no one thinks that's the reason for their growth.

Actually that's what i think this pictures trying to convey. The foreign aid doesn't even put a dent in the massive expenditures and when taking everything into account more money leaves the continent than enters.

I like Rhodesia because even though I'm an idealistic lefty, it's a perfect example of "Both of your choices are shit, pick the least shit one" in politics.

Because ultimately a slow transition under a racist regime is preferable than majority rule followed immediately by dictatorship and awfulness.

It's not entirely fair since you could've had Nkomo or whatever, but it's a nice example of being between a rock and a hard place.

(Also, I love stories of Rhodesian ingenuity. You could apply it to anyone, Nazis, British, Chinese, Mongolian, it's fun to hear stories of people doing things in tough circumstances.)

Because I know some old former special forces guys from there who left when it went to shit

Because it's the closest thing to Outer Heaven we'll ever get

Oh yeah, I get that. I'm just saying both those are relatively small when compared to the whole picture of the African economy, which is seeing growth fueled by internal consumption/production.

>Mugabe even begged the white people to come back
before kicking the few who came back out again lmao

For me the simplest answer is that it's really fucking interesting. It was such a bizarre anomaly of history, that just knowing it existed excites me. I also like the aesthetics of 60s-70s post-colonial conflicts.

>tfw Ian Smith became hugely popular amount the opposition in Zimbabwe after he retired

At least he carried on the good fight, even if the rest of the world no longer cared.

germany alone is exporting 390 billion more than importing every year, and a whole continent cant even cope with 200 billion.

How do they figure out how much has climate change cost Africans?

Always makes me giggle

>>It had one of the highest living standards in Africa

Extreme economic mismanagement mainly starting with the 2000 land grab