Gnosticism

Explain Gnosticism to me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6RLWbOSvUw&list=PL5FajxDXv1ZgjXDEHwtRs9lATXD34byh9
sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=65161738506
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the doctrine according to which the filthy, scheming Jewish jinn known as Yay Veyw is seen as a filthy scheming Jewish jinn, and we start from there.

It's an nazi christian occultist zoroastrian templar mithraic heresy user

Gnosticism typically posits that there is a demiurge which rules the universe and all things material, and a higher, spiritual being above him. Marcionism and most all christian Gnosticism posits that the OT God is the Demiurge and that the NT God, the God of Jesus, is the higher being. It is a dualist philosophy.

Basically an idea that Jesus wasn't Jewish, but was in fact educated at the Platonic academy and only was later said to be a Jew, which was a lie, and that his philosophy has nothing to do with Judaism.

Gnosticism isn't explained, it reveals itself to you if you're ready.

youtube.com/watch?v=t6RLWbOSvUw&list=PL5FajxDXv1ZgjXDEHwtRs9lATXD34byh9

DUDE

>dude muh tradition lmao

dude muh scripture lmao

>Gnosticism

Daddy Issues: The Religion

I always laugh when people makes posts like this and don't realize how easily it can be reversed to apply to them.

Nope not really since they don't spend most of their time venerating the mother of God and seeking a father figure in a church patriarch and are open enough to acknowledge another spiritual entity besides Deus pater.

>i am rubber you are glue

Gnosis is the knowledge of who we are, where we came from, why are we here and where we go

>GAH dad is like such a dick! he made this stupid gay ass universe that I didn't even ask to be born into and now im trapped here! this is totally so lame!!!1!1

>A religion where a female deity is fixing her mistakes

Versus

>A religion where a male god does whatever he wants for the first half and suddenly loves humans for the second

whoah

Its more like
>Oh god help me my father has locked me inside the house with no escape and wants me to do things with him or else hes going to torture me.

makes sense considering the etymology of the word.

((((((deity))))))

Gnosticism is a label given by Christians to groups of fellow Christians that they loathed. These Gnostics were like them in labeling themselves Christians but their beliefs were antithetical.( describes marcionism) Not even the vitriol you see christfags throw at Gnosticism can even compare to amount of loathing the ancient Christians had. It is wrong to think of them as a unified group with common beliefs. Mani, marcion, Valentius all have their own special blend of Christianity. One of The surviving texts of Gnosticism is the Nag Hammbi library

>using ((())) when her name existed before the religion's inception and is Greek

>What if like, you know, that Jesus guy is real, but didn't have, like, a body, man?
It's just heresy to the core.
sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=65161738506

IT'S A CONSPIRACY MAAAAN

LIKE, THE DEMIURGE WANTS YOU TO THINK HE SENT THE CHRIST, BUT I'M ENLIGHTENED WITH SECRET KNOWLEDGE OF THE AEONS, MY DUDE!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

material existence is essentially evil, therefore the god of the OT must also be evil

the true god is pure wisdom and her name is sophia

>the true God is a chick and she's named wisdom

Really makes you think.

not only is she a woman, but she's also black

And lesbian. And handicapped.

So progressive.

I'm a strong independent black woman who don't need no demiurge!

yeah daddy issues

TELL EM SISTA

>handicapped lesbian black woman
>not also working class
>not also a rape victim
>not also a refugee
What an elitist hateful religion.

What if God the Father and Sophia are both true?

Would explain the "making first humans in our image", if you catch my drift.

But that's basically Indo-European paganism at that point.

>Gnosticism overwhelmed by slander and extermination by Christians
>thread about Gnosticism overrun by christfags' hardcore shilling

POTTERY

*brprprprprprprprprp*

Why is this board only filled with memelords, smug anime posters and other uneducated fucks ? Do you guys get off your own ignorance ?

I stubbed my toe, therefore the material world is evil

GNOSTICISM IS CHRISTIANITY —IT IS AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANITY—; YOU MEAN "JUDEOCHRISTIANS", NOT "CHRISTIANS".

There were men at the time of the disciples who were amazed at Jesus, and followed Him until the crucifixion. They did not believe Jesus and the disciples as far as the Kingdom of God was concerned, but they did believe that Jesus was God.

Just not in the flesh, as they reasoned that God could not be contained in the flesh, and that the flesh would corrupt God by its very nature. They grew to believe that the flesh, and all matter, were not important, but that only spiritual things were important. And not spiritual things that were widely known, but occultist spiritual things only people steeped in witchcraft would be concerned with.

As John the apostle said, these people left us, demonstrating that they were never part of us. And as John went on to say, it is the spirit of antichrist that denies that Jesus came down from heaven in the flesh; that would apply to gnostics particularly.

Platonism for millennial snowflakes

How many layers of prisca theologia are you on?

>

>no one listens to me. What should I do?
>I KNOW ILL JUST TURN ON CAPS AND PUT ON AN OBNOXIOUS TRIPCODE
>LOOK AT ME I'M A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

He's probably just a schizophrenic, like most "Gnostics"

THE DEMIURGE LMAO

what we know as reality is in fact an illusion, there is a holier outer reality inhabited by angelic spirits called "aeons" who all co-exist in perfect harmony, each having their own mate

once upon a time, there was an aeon known as Sophia who decided to experiment and rather than create a new aeon with a partner, she did so through parthenogenesis, she was essentially the prototype for the Virgin Mary

so she gives birth to this mutant aeon that's deformed and evil, symbolically it's essentially a serpent with a lion's head though there are other forms it's known for that's the most common one

ashamed of this monstrosity she creates this bubble around it of shadows that separates it from the outer-reality, creating our dimension/reality/universe

as the mutant develops consciousness it wrongly thinks it's the only being in existence and a god and so it goes about creating subspirits that are essentially its children/reflections of itself called archons, they are like aeons but mockeries of them

together these gods create the Earth and humanity so they have something smaller they can rule and lord over, hence their title as "archons"

Sophia's child is Yahweh, the Lord of the Old Testament

like any concerned mother, Sophia comes back around and checks on her baby in its subreality and sees it's invented this thing called matter and walking meat things that imitate life

in horror, she realizes she must do something, so rather than destroy it all, she incarnates on Earth in the Garden as a snake and gets Eve's attention

Eve becomes enlightened after eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge/Wisdom/Sophia and essentially gains a soul, a piece of her grandmother Sophia that she transmits to all of her children i.e. humanity

basically, it's a remnant of the ancient mother goddess cult, Sophia is represented by the Tree, just as the Canaanite goddess Asherah was

the Yahweh cult always hated the Asherians and eventually burned all her trees of wisdom