>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem.

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow (with four snow tires. They're even better with an LSD)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LIA2V0-eG5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Xm0hiuIAj48
maine.craigslist.org/cto/5996473588.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5999519602.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5977272328.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5998785746.html
bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/5973360177.html
instagram.com/p/BQV14zgg3PG/?taken-by=klaus_en_der_haus
gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/5981125648.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5954416090.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5984308262.html
daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5979100607.html
daytona.craigslist.org/cto/6000311588.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6000932070.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5984337742.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5993389969.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5991381880.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5979665112.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5967459847.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5998540925.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5984334076.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5971520280.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5958775970.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5985941175.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5985143805.html
staugustine.craigslist.org/cto/6000908715.html
3dcarstickers.com/en/auxpage_yourlogo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>overweight
sorry we are not all 50-100kilo lanklets mate

Its hilariously small and not in a comfitable way like a mini morris

>if youre under 6'2 you can fit

GODDAMN IT

mfw 5ft 10 but 3ft wide
Halp wide shoulders would be hell in a mx5

this guy is 6'5 and fits in an NA miata

youtube.com/watch?v=LIA2V0-eG5Q

ATTACK鈴鹿 JETSTREAM NA22C IMSA 初走行 jupiternet car garage ロードスター

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm0hiuIAj48

he literally had to move the seat back.

Like that isnt good mate.

ok but he fits in the car which is the whole point.

the fuck is a beams? can it make 600+whp on a stock 2.0 engine?

seems like a nice guy, shame about his taste in cars.

google is your friend.

>600 hp

nigga what this is the Miata general not the Mustang General. Im not sure how much power that block can handle but the stock 200hp is perfect for the miata.

Hey, I live in Atlantic Canada and never see any Miats for sale here, do they just die from rust or what?

I'm in SoCal, what should I expect to pay for a Miata? I'm thinking a 94/95 with all options preferably, as I don't want to get a NA that isn't the "best" NA.

Pic is my E39. Want Miata with a hardtop for daily.

You might have to go to the US to cop one

this looks like its near you

maine.craigslist.org/cto/5996473588.html

If youre interested later in the year, I'm probably gonna be selling my 95. It has an LSD and cloth seats, and almost completely stock other than a few repairs i did myself. Currently at 96k mi. Paint is in good shape but has some scratches and cracks from people fucking hitting it or scratching it within the last 6 or so months

(Cont) Guess that doesn't help you out now, but if youre not gonna buy it at this very instant... I'd rather it went to somebody who likes these cars. Probably gonna get a new car after I graduate college in may. San Diego area.

I loathe people like you that can't do your own research but I personally like going on craigslist and finding cars for people so here.

these cars seem to fit your criteria

>'94 Miata
>89k miles
>1 owner
>hardtop w/ defroster
>$6500

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5999519602.html

>'95 Miata
>97k miles
>hardtop
>dat maintenance history
>$5250

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5977272328.html

>'95 Miata
>97k miles
>hardtop
>torsen lsd
>$6500

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5998785746.html

>'95 Miata M Edition
>153k miles
>hardtop
>$6000

bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/5973360177.html

asking price?

more than you can afford pal, farrari

not OP but wow if i was still looking for a miata those are some pretty solid choices

Thanks mate. I saw these actually but just barely started looking for a Miata so I wanted to know if these were fair listings.

the second one is your best bet imo.

in for "best winter daily"
spray rust proofing underneath and put good snow tires on it and it's like top teir

>powerful heater and tiny cabin means it gets warm really fast
>good gas mileage even with winter gas
>starts fine even when really really cold
>snow tires and rear wheel drive and manual means you have excellent control over snow and can easily hold traction or do very precisely controlled very predictable skids

is there a way to do this without taking the cover off? hog rings are the fucking worst

Just bought a blue beaut

'89
Power steering
Lsd

Oooh baby

Picking up my ND on Tuesday. Feels good man.

hnnng. I'm all kinds of wet now and I didn't plan on fapping today.

grats user
what color, package, options?

Have you faggots seen this? Pretty wild

instagram.com/p/BQV14zgg3PG/?taken-by=klaus_en_der_haus

nice 70/30 weight distribution right here

I'm jelly. I checked with my dealer yesterday and my ND has finally had a VIN assigned to it, but is still marked as "scheduled" by Mazda, meaning it isn't finished (or started, maybe) on the assembly line.

That's what I get for wanting a white GT w/ 6mt and black interior. ZERO cars in western Canada and the one I've got allocated to me is the only one bound for my shores that is being built in that combination for the next few months.

What's with Yank GTs not coming with the LSD? Canadian ones have it...

so...
would some TEIN S-Tech springs will fit in my 2.0l nc's stock suspension?

do I have to buy new shocks so the springs will fit?

if they dont fit in the stock suspension (Bilstein B6 I think in the 2 liter engine), what are other springs that you guys would recomend me to install in the B6?

a couple of days ago i've seen and stood next to a nb mx5. it was low but not stanced or anything like it and tiny, like REALLY tiny, tinier than the new twingo, it was so tiny and had gay looking front fascia i thought i'd turn into a woman if i stand next to it anymore. not trying to meme, but i thought i'd just share my experience.

I just clipped the hog rings and used zip ties when I put it back together.

>would some TEIN S-Tech springs will fit
don't know, but according to a quick search i think they will?

>do I have to buy new shocks so the springs will fit?
no

>if they dont fit in the stock suspension (Bilstein B6 I think in the 2 liter engine)
not all 2Ls came with the bilsteins, i think it's just the sport (and above) models. but if the shocks are yellow they're probably bilsteins.

>what are other springs that you guys would recomend me to install in the B6?
eibach pro springs are a common choice and i've been running them in mine until yesterday. they lower the car nicely but the handling isn't completely transformed (i think the spring rates are similar to stock)

i've just swapped out the springs (+ the bilsteins) out for some meisterr zetacrds and added some eibach ARBs. haven't really had the chance to drive it hard because it's been snowing here for once but the effect of stiffer ARBs was noticeable. the ride is a bit jittery even with a fairly low setting on the coilovers though. just need to wrestle with a couple of stuck bolts so i can reach the adjusters easily...

alright thanks a lot man
more people have recommended me the Meister ZetaR, but I'm on a budget and I dont feel like I need to drop a lot the car, also with the money I could get the new springs and a new exhaust system

i get what you mean, these latest suspension bits i've put in bring the total cost of mods up to the price of my car in the first place

bump

Gonna look into buying my own best car. Any suggestions from smart anons on what to watch out for? I've seen one with immaculate paint and it looks cleaner than most for about $1,500. The kicker is that it has ~200-250k miles. Guy has full service history. Others range in the 100-150k spectrum. I could post the links if anons want to give it an eye.

post links. Watch out for rust.

gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/5981125648.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5984308262.html (kek)
daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5979100607.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6000932070.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5984337742.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5993389969.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5991381880.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5979665112.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5967459847.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5998540925.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5984334076.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5971520280.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5958775970.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5985941175.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5985143805.html
staugustine.craigslist.org/cto/6000908715.html
Sorry in advance if there are reposts. People don't know how to use craiglist around here and I didn't double check if it was the same ads.

The first Eunos import isn't in my price range. Just wanted to share just in case it's worth the trouble and I'll just save up for it.

That guy is not 6'5, there's no fucking way

>sharing experiences
>not gay
someone sounds like a woman here

That miata is giving me bedroom eyes. All I know is it's gas hole is gonna house my blown head gasket, na'mean?

What's it like being a manlet?

6'1 here, that guy does not look like he's 6'5.

Anyone here experimented with 3.0 duratec engine?

Or know ANYTHING about how it would fit and/or the transmission adapter for it?

>inb4 rocketeer makes a kit, ik they make a kit, only it's 5k and i don't even think they sell it anymore.

daily reminder that snow tires on a miata make it the best winter daily

>doing skids and donuts every day since snow removal is slow around here

>able to easily maintain control since the front tires never lose traction, only the rear, and only under hard acceleration

>can drive through basically any snow storm no problem. the WORST you'll have to do it drive in a higher gear than usual and maybe keep about 10 under the speed limit

fucking god tier

Where in Florida are you?
I'm in Jax and I'd be willing to go check out a car with you if it's around here.

As badass as a BEAMS Swapped Miata would be, I'd still probably do an LS Swap.

our house has a beams, but why would you need one in your car though? A regular vacuum is even too much for a miata.

Which logo should I get made for my center caps

I'd like the M from the first logo or the center of the 1936 logo.

I don't know shit though, I like BMWs and their logo hasn't changed for 40 years.

92 if its a NA the wheels are going on

It's an NB1

I want to get a new shift knob and was looking at tomeis. Anyone have one and do you recommend it? Also what fits a Miata better, short or long?

I think the '62 logo would look nice on an nb

Went up the colorado toegay w/buddy

I was planning on getting that knob. Was gonna get the long one since I like to grab the handle like a bat and not like a ball.

How you getting it done?

>what company?

Go short.

I have a small like 3 incher and i love it.

Great palm grip.

>Old momo knob

A CUTE

Bought some generics in my center cap size and I'm going to be using this site since Rev Limiter is fucking expensive as fuck. 18.99 shipped for 4 custom center cap stickers senpai

3dcarstickers.com/en/auxpage_yourlogo/

reee

I think this is it boys. I just need to fill in the white part to be silver. I'm so ready for my wheels to be done.

All I see when I look at it is /hm/ kek

Gainesville

> :(

just

I just picked up an NB from a dealer for $6490
It has 102k miles with leather seats and an LSD. Did I do a good job?

62 is the best
why the fuck mazda dropped it is beyond me

you did alright but if you bought privately you coulve spent a bit less for all dat

it does seem pricey for what it is
private sale would have included a hard top and full maintenance history and no rust and lower miles for that price, that's top tier NB money

yuh

Anyone know how to bypass or turn off the rear defroster disable switch for when the soft top is down on an NB1?

shes dying, jim :(

Just did a night run along the S8, amazing.

Any Southern Cali bros up to meet?

>mfw no socal meets

use actual forums faggot

>want a miata real bad
>realize i wont have much room to tote stuff around
thats the only reason, id love the fuck out of a miata if i could fit stuff in the thing

no idea what i'm really looking here since i don't own or work on miata but imma take a guess

some kind of cam/crank seal and the circle part is fucked from niggering?

looks like the front nose of the crank has a chunk missing.

Theres only supposed to be a little rectangle notch in the crank for the harmonic balancer.

I went from backpack and bikes for 14 years to a miata. Even with a 12" sub in the back, I feel spoiled.

Hey guys I bought my second Miata I'll try to spend more time here

Actually it's the timing gear that slides over it, the only thing holding on the gear and balancer is a single torque-to-yield bolt. The keyway doesn't do shit, DESU I'm surprised that engine ran at all with like 60 degrees of retardation.

Literally have an engine out right now to replace the crank on mine, keyway was fixed but AC pump fell off and bent the crank nose. Fucking cunt of a thing.

Rate my purchase.

It's good for electrical diagnosis but all the basic repairs are already online in better detail.

Leave and don't ever post here again.

nigga you gay

Hmmm... What is that?

nice pic

I saw one of these for sale on Craigslist. It never left the showroom floor. Had less than 100 miles and looked incredible. Guy was asking for like $25k, lol

what exactly do you need to fit? miatas have more room than you would expect. the passenger seat area, the area behind the seats and below the top, and the trunk is bigger than you would expect since it isn't lined usually. the only thing i havent been able to fit in my mx5 thus far was a 27" imac

Taking out the soft top is like having a back seat for your shit, the real impasse is not being able to fit a 205 wheel/tire in the trunk. Also your trunk floor insulation is probably mud if your tail light gaskets have never been replaced this is mine after scraping.

my 91 is a shortnose crank, and I have this infamous problem now. Im not a mechanic nor am I capable of swapping an engine myself so it looks like this miat is donezo :(

Here's a pic of mine from 2010 - before I had a lip, NB wheels, and smoked lenses.

I installed a small antenna, thouhts?

meh on na
would look alright on the nb
either get that long one, or electric if you want even more attention from kids

That's a cat.

So with the Mazda US execs getting axed, will the ND get some decent colors and a LSD next year?

im moving out myself in a few months, so im just worried ill have to either take trips or get a friend to help
also just general items. is there any way to make the miata a hatchback or is that just a pipe dream and ill have to look at a different car?