/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Pirates edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell Info
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=jE1h-IMLefY
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

1st for PirateBeard

>What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll shit fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now.

Is there any info on the operaters?

so far, nothing new other than possibly a girl op called mira

>Oh god he's touching me inst he?

Buck is killing me there, he's just watching

>GOD LEFT ME UNFINISHED

Ah man, I'm honestly really hoping for some thermal goggles type gadget. Pretty surprised that no one found any info on the new operaters

would buy a skull mask with realistic teeth and gum

Would buy Eversor mask.

No, you're not getting any operator leaks

t. leakbro

Nice teeth, Cap.
I think I would like this headgear a lot more if his scarred eye was uncovered instead of hiding it with a rusted band-aid.

Neat, they only rendered one eye for Capitao.

If I buy the Year 2 Pass, do I get the Velvet Shell operators for free?

yes

I think you get all 8 year 2 ops free. That's kinda the point?

Yeah sorry for the retarded question, I'm new to the game and just want to make sure to not waste my hard earned bux :^)

I haven't got to play ranked at all this season, is it too late? When does next season start?

we don't even know the ops yet, at least 2 weeks if not 3
why would it be too late at any rate, nothing's stopping you from playing for some reason

I'd guess next season starts when the dlc drops

Idk, two weeks I think

So, are all elite uniforms going to follow the vintage aesthetic or each realease will have a different theme?

best teeth in the game

worst teeth

who's teeth is that, cause he or she needs to fucking brush their teeth

scuse me sir, i'm frum the gubbernment

I would like that too, channel muh inner Sam Fisher. Seems like it would be more reliable pulse and attackers already have an intel advantage but I could see it working with a fast as fuck burning battery though

WRYYYYYYYYYYY

>has charges
>BWEEEEEEMS up and gives a few seconds of live wallhacks before petering out

capitao fire bolts are like staring into the sun

stun grenades will actually do damage to him if his goggles are on

Also the hat isant a pirate one

its a boonie hat

The back operator look like she is wearing assless chaps. Leaves a lot of room for rule34.
>Let's see what's hidden in the darkness

She has backpack and a helmet with googles?

I like backpacks

the dudes defiantly not a sniper if they are entering it

>GEO wiki article
>To increase shooting accuracy they employ shooting support devices such as the holographic weapon sight, AMT reflex sights, Schmidt & Bender 1.5 - 6 x 42 daylight sights, Simrad KN250F night vision sights, Zeiss Diavari daylight sights, Varo AN/PVS-4 night vision sights, EDS laser sights and Sure-Fire flashlights
>Velvet Shell image asset shows light shining over the pool
What could it mean?

Why the fuck hasnt BB gotten one?

I think that's just the pool light, but it'd be cool if actually get thermal vision or night vision gadgets

>Dream patch notes
>Thatcher's EMP's actually take out electric lights in their radius permanently
>Gadget option includes Night Vision Goggles and lighting actually is a mechanic now

Its probably a BF3 pre nerf tactical light

the lighting system is so broke, I doubt we'd ever get lighting as a mechanic

Imagine how fucking tight it would be to fight in a map like night time Kafe with all the lights off

Oh man

they said that would be too system intensive. and they'd have to rework like, every map. dream for r6 siege 2.

Do you see that foliage? Now I'm not an expert botanist and the quality isn't too good, but it looks like we have more marijuana plants in this map. Could this upscale resort location actually be owned by a Spanish crime lord?

Please like and subscribe, follow my twitter and instagram for more rainbow 6 leaks!

pre nerf blackbeard should be able to give his spare rifle shield to someone else

these spanish operators better look cool or im gonna flip the fuck out

*turns up brightness and contrast*
nothin personnel, operator

Reposting for the day crowd
since i only ever seem to finish shit after 2 am local

I think you might like them

How much of a /k/fag are you

noice user, I like it

>Guy at the bottom of the scoreboard flaming the everloving shit out of me, when he has 0 kills and I've got 12
>We're winning 3-0
>I clutch the last round as the last man standing
>He gives me some backhanded compliment, making sure to mention how instrumental he was in that victory (got spawn killed)

???

how do people get this delusional, it actually blows my mind

This, unfortunately. It'd take some neat rendering tricks to keep brightness and gamma from being tweaked to abuse that shit, so the game's render systems would have to built around that to make that kind of shit impossible.

>stdh

did the servers just shit themselves

And people complain about Blackbeard's pirate hat.

>he doesn't have 200k renown or the year 2 season pass
What's your excuse

So mira has her cool riot helmet and a fatass

>hey user what is difference between hibana and thermite
>user
>is caveira good
>hey user which is sexy operator to unlock
>my neck hurts
>i've been playing for 16 hours
>i cant stop
>dont wana
Alright which one of you guys was this?

I hope so. I wouldn't mind seeing a Gothic Serpent era delta-esque skin for BB/Valk with those sexy big black plate carriers, skateboard helmets and choc chip.

But in all likelyhood the next elite skins will be for GSG9 and GIGN as the 2 CTU's that didn't get one first time around.

Will we get to see some sexy tracksuits? Or would that be considered in poor tastes? NVA uniforms?

GIGN could feasibly get one in the style of the team that did Air France Flight 8969 in '94 but the style is pretty similar to the modern one. They'll probably do some weird off the cuff WW2/WW1 uniform.

Me.

>literally beat cops given SMGs, an Olympic uniform and told to unfuck this hostage crisis

>round up 5 random cops who've shot recreationally at least once in their lives
>give them standard G3's with no optics, radios or armour
>you're snipers now
>take out the terrorists as they try to board this plane

What a boondoggle.

When is Ubi going to ever fix that fucking uniform glitch for the japs it's really passing me off?

>Thermite: Nazi

what?

right after the matchmaking and lighting

>Just played the last two hours of Siege with a random group on casual
>We all work together and attack from different angles and are always cautious about roamers
>Picking operators to support one another
>Happy atmosphere
>Only one loss but it was to a group of 150+ clanfags and we made them sweat for it

Felt good man

Post kapkan stat

What you didn't know Nazis had oversized goggles?

I can give you maybe $50 for this big fucking hole. I gotta find a Thatcher to EMP it for me and that's going to make it more expensive for me.

Do you think the attacking operator will have a strobe light gun attachment?

Seems to fit the whole "illuminate the darkness" thing they have going on.

>tk/down someone multiple times to teach them game etiquette
>theyre so beta it actually works and they apologize
ive never had so much fun griefing

Am I the only one who thinks the 556xi needs better skins?

556xi needs to be a better gun

retrofit isn't that bad

t. silver 1

dumpvire is right
shit skins for a shit gun

I think he'll have a thermal scope on his DSR-50 .50 cal sniper.
Buck is Sledge 2.0 that's more aggressive but less stealthy
Frost is Kapkan 2.0 that's non lethal but easier to pull off
New GEO guy is just Glaz 2.0 that's a better sniper, but shitter at CQB

If they get the USP as the SAS(?) already have a P226 that should be a decent sidearm to operate with.

Yeah but how does a bolt-action sniper implement well into the game. I mean Glaz barely works as is

Why is the bolt action sniper on point?

GSG9 have a USP. I don't really mind them re-using guns too much though, especially pistols.

Like I just said, the game would need to be built from the ground up with that rendering in mind without causing serious issues or framerate problems. I wasn't talking about siege.

Fuck off with the sniper meme

That's what I'm saying.
He'll be so much better at sitting out on the wing/perches/roofs but worse at CQB. If the USP is good he'll be able to use that or maybe he'll get an SMG/Pistol Carbine as a backup.

He'll be a dud op 99% of the time, but a total fucking nightmare on plane and Kanal roof etc.

While I'm spitting conjecture based purely on the backpack I think Miras ability will be a restock of supplies. More kapkan traps, more frost traps, more castle barricades. Hopefully it will be like rook and team wide or expect arguments over who gets resupplied.

I would love to see Monty or Bandit.
Also I hope they release the concept art for the Elite Uniforms.

>That user who said that the new op was going to be Mira and enhance existing people's abilities
>tfw you told him it's going to be lighting based
>tfw you were right

A .50 cal sniper was confirmed on reddit?

Perhaps it will be a an MP5 type thing and we'll get one of the more tacticool variants. Maybe an MK23?

>reddit

theres your problem

I want Valk or BB to get a Vietnam era tiger stripe SEAL outfit.

HOW DO I STOP FUCKING SUCKING AT THIS GAME?

I GET KICKED FROM FUCKING CASUAL GAMES FROM BEING SO SHIT

I JUST WANNA GET GUD CUS THIS GAME IS FUN AT ITS CORE WHAT THE FUCK

Valkyrie in a SEAL wet suit W H E N

Honestly i think you guys are reading into the lights a bit much, they're just party lights from the map
I mean the dust line ops didn't deploy a tactical sand blaster

By getting 3 stars on the situation missions, reading the OP FAQ, watching people that are better than you play, and taking it slow

Who ever kicked you from a casual game is just a legit asshole. I've played with some real bad people but I have never kicked anyone based on skill.

>kicked from casual
nigger are you playing lobotomized? I've seen people get away with almost anything on casual. I've had teammates using xbox controllers for christ's sake

>confirmed
not at all buddy. It's all still speculation. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

That's the logical choice that I didn't even think of.

Although for my money, this is way more Veeky Forums.

That ass in tight spandex is the closest thing to have me nut to a game

more

That would also be perfectly fine with me. Vintage operators are best operators.

>Still no Falklands edition of Mike 'Bring me an Argie and I'll go get my khakis' Baker

>you'll never be operate with sting