/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>P Studio's comments on 2016: personacentral.com/p-studio-2016-retrospective-interview/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

contentawaresatan.com/
twitter.com/yugiohtas/status/823996771835580416
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Anne x Phantom
>Futaba x Joker
>Haru x Pego
>Makoto x Potter
>Ryuji x Cardio
>Yusuke x Art
>Morgana x Sushi
>Goro x Daddy Issues
>Shiho x Kamoshida
>Sojiro x Wakaba

Daily reminder that these are the optimal pairings in P5

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

contentawaresatan.com/
Do your worst /pg/

Cute Neet!

No

>Makoto x Phantom
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

THIS is the optimal pairing in P5

Please God, let me meet him. All I want to is to find that perfect boy I know exists. He’s sweet and shy and my age and likes all the things I do, perhaps even is on this site itself. The boy who won’t secretly think I’m a loser, the boy I can cuddle with (even if only possible online) and spent nights talking to and laughing and sharing happiness. Someone who can reciprocate the love I put in, the boy who I can make feel safe and secure unconditionally and can fill this gaping, empty void in my heart. Please, just let me find this person. I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes. Please, I just can’t take the loneliness anymore.

Probably wanted to downplay the relationship between goro and joker for some shipwarring reason

wasn't some user upset the other day about the fact that you couldn't tell goro to fuck off

That was a shitposter though

not everyone who hates groo is a shitsposter

Ah, yeah, if we're talking in general and not just about the boss fight scenes specifically, then he does at least get more choices like that. Even then it's never a set of indifferent/hostile/silent choices, it's usually one that's amicable, one that's more neutral/inquiring, and occasionally a third one that ranges from silence to slight hostility to teasing.

Not that user, but I'd say the fact Goro explicitly says he's indifferent to/doesn't care about the country is the bigger problem here. He does have some issues with society (mainly the overall mindset of the masses, going by some of the train station conversations), and he rationalizes dealing with some of his assigned targets as giving them a taste of their own "eat or be eaten" way of thinking (and likens that to the PT's actions), but he doesn't care about society at large and his motivation is very clearly just getting back at Shidou specifically (and outright says it's just about his personal resentment against him, not for society or some sort of ideal).

sauce?

I know. But that one was because they were literally parroting and denying stuff that has been discussed to hell.

People that dislike groo just dislike him and move on. It's not a big deal to dislike characters.

I don't dislike Goro so much as I dislike anons who act like he's the pinnacle of nuanced writing and everything else in the game is completely devoid of substance

>I dislike anons who act like he's the pinnacle of nuanced writing
Who does this?

I do.

what? groo talkers are the ones who complain the most about his writing.

I want to pinch a chibi autistic fox!

Cute but make sure you don't hurt him user

sauce?

Whoever makes those periodical posts suggesting that he's the only good thing about the game because muh gray morality

@aburiengaw

I assumed those were shitposts like the Makoto is canon people

I'll pinch him gently

Yeah, shitposts to try and keep /pg/ alive

Well, of course those are shitposts. Obviously, Anne is canon.

I don't know. Goro is the kind of character that people get sincerely overly defensive of.

i feel like this is a natural result of him also being the type of character people get sincerely over the top grudgewanky about like on 2ch

I was sure you could talk to the gay men in the bar.
twitter.com/yugiohtas/status/823996771835580416

Why is he pretending to be dead?

I'm a gorofag and all I want to do is to protect him.
I don't care if people dislike him but spreading false facts is another thing

Why is he holding the salt?

>Proud versatile bottom mostly gay (technically bi)
>mostly gay
lol

That's jagariko

That isn't even a gay bar it's just run by a crossdressing onee.

You're just a fag

Pretty much. What and mentioned sounds like it's probably just shitposters

It's not a gay bar, it's an okama bar i.e. a regular old bar that just happens to be run by a drag queen (who's portrayed pretty respectfully, actually). You can talk to the people there (in fact, it's what you have to do for the part-time job there), but IIRC they're just regular people who vent about their issues and overall life situation while they drink.

The two recurring guys he's talking about are specifically oneesan-type okama, drag queen who intentionally play up effeminate stereotypes. Dumbing them down to just "gross gays" is ignoring that they're based on a specific real-life subculture that DOES act like that (and it's really only the beach scene that gets kind of bad in a way that even feels OOC for them).

Yeah, this. It's one thing to dislike him, I don't care. But, every Goro argument I've seen on /pg/ has just been the person spreading misinfo.

Haru

itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Doesn't this just prove that Gorofags are kind of productive while Makotofags just talk about their waifu's ass without contributing a thing?

It's starting

SAYONARA OTOU-SAMA

Haha very funny user

>they're based on a specific real-life subculture that DOES act like that
which the average nip and especially otaku perceives as being weird and gross. i don't think there's any point in getting worked up about stuff like this but the devs obviously didn't have respectful intentions there

Poor Joker, will he ever escape her gravitation pull

>it's a gorofags circlejerk about how great they are compared to everyone else episode

It started when LittleKuriboh mentioned that he wanted to buy the Take Your Heart Edition, so I can't help but wonder if the same has already happened with other people.

WASSUP PERSONA

>based on a specific real-life subculture that DOES act like that

I think that's a fair argument. People shouldn't dumb it down to "gross gays" because they immediately associate it with western stereotypes. On the other hand, Ryuji's reaction (running away/disgusted) and the threatening way they approach him is something I can imagine would bother even those who are into that subculture themselves.

If those scenes feel OOC I think it's because, in the end, they're trying to say anything about the characters or make any sort of commentary. They're just written in as jokes because it's something the creators thought was amusing.

WASSUP

Eh, he's pretty plot related so it'd be kinda impossible to get the gist of the story without him. I wouldn't say that proves anything.

>Complaining about how gays are represented to a dude with Overwatch butts as his banner
lol

Oh, no doubt, especially since they go against that subculture in their most controversial scene (I'd say they're fine outside the beach scene, if kind of weird, though not past what I'd expect from an oneesan). But it's still cultural context that ought to be taken into account, if only because it means there's more to this than *just* Atlus playing up the "effeminate gay creeper" stereotype like some people have been claiming.

>On the other hand, Ryuji's reaction (running away/disgusted) and the threatening way they approach him is something I can imagine would bother even those who are into that subculture themselves.
To be fair the same people ''attacked'' him before, i would the same in that situation

I meant "they're not trying to say anything about the characters" there

Stop it right now. I'm telling Hardin that you're bullying his waifu.

Obviously, I would run the fuck away if two people were doing that regardless of their sexuality or whatever. It's more just that the creators chose to write that with the gays for a reason. This isn't about what's rational for the characters to do but the creator's intentions.

WASSUP MY HOMIE

DELETE THIS

Was is he seeing /pg/?

This is my waifu (male)

I like your waifu

Anne and Shiho cuddling lovingly

The beach scene/Operation Babe Hunt 2.0 is poorly handled in general, honestly. The main part doesn't even get dialogue, and the two oneesans are suddenly way more forward and play up the "real guy" angle (which goes completely against them being oneesan types). It's really obviously just shoehorned in as a joke, like you said, but it falls flat even compared to the original Operation Babe Hunt.

Given Lala-chan is pretty well-handled and that the two oneesans aren't usually as bad as in that scene, I agree that the beach scene isn't supposed to be commentary so much as just a bad joke (not even necessarily because of how it can come across, just because it's a shoddy scene in general).

>it falls flat even compared to the original Operation Babe Hunt
how do you go down from rock bottom

The banter in the original Operation Babe Hunt was legit though

/pg/ should have a giant international Operation: Babe Hunt.

Please don't sexualize my waifu

By not even adding any banter until the guys run into the two oneesans. It's purely based on showing the guys clumsily approaching girls and getting shut down one way or another with no dialogue shown.

At least P3's Operation Babe Hunt had some amusing lines.

I'm sorry user, it's too late for your waifu and Goro

>KitaShu
UNBELIVABLY shit taste

why is bottom joker cute with yusuke but horrible with goro?

For some reason they favor Yusuke on top

Still, isn't KitaShu much more popular than ShuKita? I'm not sure since I only follow 2-3 Yusuke fujos on twitter.

goro needs to have his smug torn down

Yeah it is, though both tags have more art than the girls kek

Hitler is the final boss of Persona 5.

Yes, it's more popular because Yusuke is taller.

Yaldabaoth isn't THAT evil, i wouldn't call him literally Hitler

Is he Goro's mom's ghost back for revenge?

hm maybe that's it. with yusuke it's cute either way i think because there's no rivalry or power struggle there, while i don't think it's as fun when goro gets to have the upper hand.

post your favorite boy and girl from each game

shuake and akeshu are much more balanced than shukita and kitashu though

Me x You

that's not the question silly user

I wish I could be as productive as nip fujos.
Most otakus can't draw though.