The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Cool Hats in History:
>youtube.com/watch?v=0265JF4vSrk
>youtube.com/watch?v=kj1bUzk52X8
>youtube.com/watch?v=Y9FzD7Bfy6g

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!O98mQLwZ!I-CYKEex86cLI2sCOUOlUjeqarRB2DzpEQHjchSg5CM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pistols are useful

LW2 is amazing.

>tfw the pistol shooting animation was cool at first
>it now looks dorky as hell and i dream of just being able to have people hold pistols like normal people

LW2 is fucking garbage

>lines of sight completely broken
>le graze band makes previous point blank "sure thing" shots into yet another dice roll that loses missions on the spot
>absolutely no explanation of the macro phase (and no, the in-game avenger archives are garbage and dont tell you anything about how to progress the game)
>absolutely horrendous UI that makes it take a million clicks to just do single actions
>they literally turned xcom into a stealth game for no reason and shiteating redditors defend it
>no improvement at all on the pod system, the biggest problem with nu-xcom by far

Sick pasta man.

Take your shitty copy pasta to /v/ where someone might actually appreciate it.

who /still vanilla/ here

not an argument

Not a single argument found

Oh no, what shall we do now!?!

I'll come back. Still need to check legendary off my list.

>tfw waiting for long war to get balanced out and for easymode mods to get released so i can enjoy it as a baddie

Reposting just as i cannot find the answer with my apperent weak googling.
>Does anyone else though know what the minimum hack success means?
For example minhacksuccess=50
>Does that mean it's a a baseline 50% success at any hacking level? Or that you need 50 hacking to have any real chance of succeeding?

I just want the goddamn flamethrower fix. And it is not guaranteed to be in 1.1 patch.

LONG SCHLONG IS FUN

>stealth game

I fucking wish. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for a cyberpunk game with gameplay that's a mix of Commandos and Jagged Alliance.

bf4 armor ports when?

does any1 know if i can still delay the rulers forever if i dont do the snake mission in lw2? i really dont want to play the alien rulers, so do i have to uninstall the dlc?

Just never do the dlc ops. No penalty, they never expire.

If you don't want to play with the alien rulers, why would you NOT uninstall the DLC?

>cyberpunk game with gameplay that's a mix of Commandos and Jagged Alliance.
my dick

Oh, so lw works exactly the same as vanilla in terms of rulers?

probably if they want ot change thier mind & utterly crush the rulers end game.

I think they change some tactical stuff, but the strategic level is the same I believe.

what about satellite reign?

>chinese assault
unf

Tactical stuff is getting making so RULER REACTION doesn't always proc on an action. Only sometimes will rulers be able to just do something.

Also, with the new tools at your disposal, rulers are little bitches. Both Barrels does massive damage to them and then they run away. It's kind of sad actually.

The delicate balance so lovingly crafted by our savior Jake has been defiled!

So apparently overwatch and some graze shots do not contribute towards your end mission hit %. KInda fun finishing a flawless mission with no recorded hits as everything was killed with overwatch.

Xth for "Build the Resistance"

hello Lump

That's just a watered down Syndicate with little to contextualize the gameplay. I was hyped for it and it's a complete disappointment. Also I like turn based games a little more than real time games when it comes to top down squad action.

Does anyone know if Demolition actually works/is worth it in Long Dong 2?

from my experience it hardly ever worked in vanilla so I doubt it would be better in lengthy penis

I would think they would re balance it, but I don't feel like investigating right now so I'll just grab iron curtain.

Oh baby

its pretty good now, it will destroy just about everything thats destructible.

Yes, it works. They removed the CHANCE to hit that it had before and just flat out makes it damage or remove cover. Half WILL go down and full might be gone, or go to half.

It's an amazing tool since cover destruction is pretty limited, so having something that is only on a small cooldown is crazy good.

For real? Does that start at ballistic tier, or do you need higher tier weapons?

Ballistic. Demolition is really solid now.

This is why doing any mission that has "intel package" is important. Getting free supplies, or a resistance mec, alloys and elerium. Map events all come from doing those missions now.

Is xenonauts any good?

Damn, wish I took it. Good to know though.

Iron Curtain is still probably the best one of that tier because it actually goes beyond your visual range. So you can activate a pod with it and now they have their movement cut in half and can't take shit for cover.

On one hand, having a more featured stealth part would be nice; playing complete missions on concealment and getting a reward (exp, material, etc) for it, more options from moving in and out of concealment (Cammo Cloaks, Ghost Armor)and so on. On the other you run into the problem of making an XCOM game too much about the stealth and that's where the problem of balancing the two aspects is.

It suffers from agonizing mediocrity on the tactical phase. I've tried to get into twice and just can't do it, and I love x-com. Something is just off, it doesn't click.

First advent tower mission. ADVENT force 8.

What am I in for, lads? Also is it a hack and grab, eliminate all ayys, or what?

Cool, I haven't used the LW perk pack before now.

Could be in for a big fight. It is not a hack and grab, all hostiles must be eliminated.

You will want to try to sneak in as far as you can for the hack. If you get reveled then a timer will start (not visible) until you get a reinforcement. Hacking prevents them from coming. Hacking will stun everything for two turns, which you must then clean up.

Same map type as advent network tower, objective is to hack the control computer and then wipe out any remaining enemies. When you hack the objective it will stun all enemy units for two turns, so keep that in mind.

Deus Ex already solved that problem. Areas designed for stealth work well for combat as well, cover is cover and if someone wants to reload every time they get spotted that's fine.

The trick is to provide rewards for combat and stealth and that's not hard if you actually sit down and think about the systems at play. Hell, you could just have two different experience pools that feed into different skill trees for each class. This shit ain't hard if whoever is designing it actually likes both stealth and combat.

Please fix hunker

Berserkers, heavy mec, muton centurion, lots of snakes, sectoids, some drones (hunter, surveillance), maybe one archon or two, fill the rest with your usual rainbow troopers but now a little stronger.

Dont be too slow or you will get fucked by reinforcements.

My favourite use of demo is to blow up cars ayys are hiding behid. Never gets old.

Yes, the ability is great.

>There are people right now who don't have success based dynamic force level
It's like you people don't want ADVENT to punch you with archons while you have conventional weapons if you keep getting perfect missions

>dude look how hardcore i am....

kys

I'm playing LW2 on Rookie. I just think it's interesting to have ADVENT respond to the resistance with appropriate force on every encounter

>rescue prisoners mission
>very low ammount of time for infiltration but just enough to get 2 shinobis inside

should i do it?

yes

>Reinforcements drop somewhere you can't see them
Are they in front, to the side? Left, right, behind me? What did the building look like? Can I hear them? Are they behind me? Don't tell me they are behind me...

It would be pretty hard, esspecially right now. Pods are bugged and follow you/know where you are. 1.1 will make it so they can't know where you are and will stick to patrol routes. As it is right now, you are likely to have them run into you if they know they can flank you and they have enough movement to do so.

Be careful, take corner cover and make VERY wide movement. If it's extremely light, then it will be 2-3 single drones and three pods of three.

Deleted my mod cache and I'm still subscribed to all the mods I want, but steam workshop isn't downloading them. How can I force steam to download my subscribed mods, without having to individually find each one of ~80 mods and individually unsubscribing then re-subscribing?

I already tried changing download location in steam settings, leaving the launcher open, subscribing to an extra mod both on browser workshop and regular workshop.

>want to play long dong but also want to wait until the update

HELP

>decide to do an ebin stealth mission
>teehee, look at all of these pods I'm walking around :)
>oh wait, 3 pods are just going to sit on the objective the whole time never moving, and not reacting to the grenade I threw in the opposite direction

Give me your best SWAT/Tacticool outfit mods boys

>Starting to get minor breakthroughs on the avatar project
>Still haven't "built the resistance" yet
>Still haven't built a skulljack because I've yet to acquire another officer corpse
>Three missions pop at once
>Any of them could be the "liberation" mission, or none of them
>~ + PowerUp

So fucking done with this shit.

Any answers? I just need a yes or no if possible. It sounds dumb but I want to change the game to my play style of sneaky sneaky metal gear.

apparently low enemy readiness means camping 3 pods directly on top of the objective

Interacting with the objective always breaks concealment. The argument was that it's a team tactics game and not a stealth game.

I don't know of a way to turn it off. I don't think it can be switched off just through some .ini tinkering.

Of course. If they were ready, they would be patrolling the area. Since you caught them unaware, they are just sitting around.

Magnificent isn't it?

It's unintentional. Will be fixed in 1.1

Those look pretty cool, I might try the helmets at the very least.

what is this mod?

the mw3 stuff is pretty good for swat themed dudes

that op name

>XCOM2 expansion adds rulers for all aliens AND Super Rulers

if the operation includes both those things

ho boy

mega.nz/#!O98mQLwZ!I-CYKEex86cLI2sCOUOlUjeqarRB2DzpEQHjchSg5CM

MK2 powered helmets, it's buried somewhere on the nexus

IT'S TIME

WAAA WHEN DID THIS COME OUT

It hasn't, that's why he is posting it here.

neat i liked how these things look

>They can give mecs custom skins
>but none of the other alien races
this makes me mad

God that's ugly.

>concern level: almost

I think that's the point

Thanks for the intel. So scout out the pods, be in range for a hack to stun all if I need to and just wipe them all out. I hop i'll be fine with laser tier weapons + some armor above kevlar.

I'll give it a go after hunting down some faceless with resistance mecs I found.

>3OUX
More utterly meaningless numbers and letters.

Whatever could that possibly mean?

>rusted out legs

Jesus christ, why isn't the resistance performing maintenance on their battle robots, put some fucking paint over that metal

looks more like mud/dirt

god damn sectoid mindspin is annoying

that shit recharges fucking instantly

I'm glad I didn't fell to the Long War meme

Vigilo Confido

It's XCOM sideways and mirrored