How much do you limit your spending?

how much do you limit your spending?

15k a year in rent, maybe 5-6k a year in other expenses

I thought that comic was funny until I saw that fucking self indulgent self portrait in the bottom right hand corner, it's not even witty: just a vaguely related pun.

To answer your question, I live with my parents and my only expense is beer, books, and clothes... okay it's beer alone, it's not like I'm buying clothes every week like a woman!

You have to spend money to make money.

It's satire from The Onion.

>never seen a Kelly comic before
Kelly is the GOAT political cartoonist

Don't buy anything I don't need.

if you make enough money,, you don't need to care about spending

Per month
$900 on rent
$150 car insurance
$75 for gas
$50 for utilities
$50 for Internet & proxy
$50 for cellphone
$200 on food
$150 reserved for any misc things

About $1600 a month. Not too bad. That's a little less than a paycheck. That's about it. I'm paying off some loans, and that's $1000 a month. Will finish in May though, and then I can save more. Can't wait.

Spending supports the economy
Why do you hate freedom commie?

Trump will drain the swamp incl the Tofu lobbyists

Reasonably. I have children and a mortgage so there is only so much one can save while still maintaining a standard of living. Still, I try to keep frugal and not buy too many frivolous things or waste money on young people pursuits like parting/drinking heavily etc. Beyond that you just have to partition out your paychecks for day to day expenditures, savings, and another savings used for riskier investments. The percentage goes up and down with the seasons, you simply are going to spend more at this time of the year on expenditures when you have children.

Also, spending is necessary and the ultimately the cause of most of the global economic woes. The modern economy is driven by consumption which is more or less spending done in the lower and middle class. Without real earnings happening in this class the economy will continue to be anemic and unstable. Personally, government intervention is a poor fix as it simply pits the public and private sectors against one another. A shift to spreading wealth to a broader portion of the populace should come organically but this is difficult given the nature of technology and the decline of the need for human labor. It may require a change in the mindset of business ethics in the macro sense in the comings decades to unravel.

I set an amount I needed to be comfortable. An amount to spend monthly and live the life I want to live. That amount is $2,500.

So pretty much anything past that I save.

Only exception is I will dip into the saving about 2x per year to take a small vacation.

I keep my spending below my $20K salary. I don't have a business enterprise or I'd spend more.

If you buy things you don't need, soon enough you'll have to sell things that you do need.

"Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left aftare saving" - Warren Buffet

In my opinion:
0% - Shameful
10% - Bare minimum but still respectable
20-30% - great job
50% - Freedom. Retire early or semi retire.
80% - Retirement possible in 5 years

>Why do you hate freedom commie?
Because I'm afraid if I contribute to the economy those human pussbags called the Kardashians may become enriched by it. I'll hold onto my coins like a HindJew until the day Trump finally blasts them with a direct shotgun to the face!

i hardly spend anything, only on food and gas to keep my car running.. its not that im a hippie, but i just dont find anything worth buying in todays world

maybe an android waifu perhaps when they become available

I spend

I track all my spending but don't set any limits - I've never been a big spender.
Spent about 18k this year with 11k being living costs that can't go any lower.

+1

This is about as simple as it gets.

>I have to be poor so some asshole can buy a new house

Nah

You should spend decent money on your bed, you spend a lot of time in it.

I spend 2000 a month living in the middle of an expensive city. Inner city living can be really cheap because you dont need a car and rent is low because of the scum.

pretty sure that's a satire cartoon bruh

500€ Rent + Gas, Water Electricity + Cell Phone
150€ Food and Drinks
100€ Other Stuff like Clothes

Why are you on this board if you don't believe in capitalism?

>My gf is about to spend $1300 on a bed for her apartment.

A bed will last for 5 years or so, so that $1300 is actually $225 per year. I'm curious what your salary is if this noticeably puts out your "< 50%" number.

Tfw i just use a mattress and put it on the ground.
Beds are a meme perpetuated by the bedlobby.

w-why does a bed only last 5 years?

Dexter?

I was being conservative. I'd actually expect a mattress to last for 10, and be usable for more like 15 or 20.

The frame/boxspring should last forever.

I do believe in capitalism

Pretty sure "More for me and fuck everyone else" is the foundation of capitalism

Unless you go to mattress firm, My box spring was made out of some cheap ass wood and already broke

Meh, you spend like 1/3rd of your life on your bed, $1300 isn't that crazy if you keep it indefinitely and you sleep well on it.

100%

I don't buy anything over $20k without my wife's knowledge and I consider her advice very carefully. I've learned not to buy cars or boats drunk.

Other than that I don't limit my spending. That would suck.

I am literally the pic in OP
I make $85k but spend $300/mo.
I max out tax advantaged accounts with the cheapest institutional index funds and hoard the rest in cash
cant wait for the world to end and all of you to die :^)

Higher beds nice for sex tho

You're my hero. I'm working on saving money but my situation is so fucked right now. I know it will all pay off one day, and it will be glorious.

Enjoy your mold.
>not spending money on something you literally spend a third of your life on.
I bet you have a $1,5k Gaming Rig to browse Veeky Forums

Where do you live so cheaply?

my childhood bedroom

We can't all live in a box while "working" at Goldman Sachs.

Looks like Ft. Lauderdale to me.

not even close

>tfw save 85% of my post-rent/expenses income from a casual job and still have more fuck around money than I know what to do with every week

am I missing something here? How is it that everyone my age (21) constantly complains about being broke and living paycheck to paycheck?

If it comes between you and the ground spend the money.

bed on the floor is shit tier chink shit. at least put a box spring beneath.

its actually a huge waste of space as you can store things under a bed

12k a year mortgage+HOA
I try to even out my food budget with going out so that my average meal is 8-10 dollars, so 1.1k a year
3k a year weed+alcohol budget (self-medicating is fun!)
3.2k gaming budget
and hell lets throw on another 6k for unforeseen expenses, repairs, etc.

So all told my annual expenses are around 26k a year while I earn 35k a year after taxes

My ID changed but I am the person you responded to. It's not like I couldn't afford it (found out her fancy Swedish bedframe is actually $1700), it just seemed like a lot of extra money for no real added benefit.

To answer your question I make $104k, spend about 30k a year and save about 40k. I could afford dumb shit like $2000 beds, I just think it's retarded.

How much are you spending on rent and utilities?

The median pay for millenials in the US is something like $30k pretax, which is more than I spend (though I live pretty comfortably).

I'm curious how you're pulling this off .. I'm saving 30% of my pretax income right now; I have a raise coming in that will let me boost this to 50% (which will let me retire at 33 if I can sustain it and if the markets don't do anything crazy, though this is a short enough timeline that I'm at the whims of volatility).

I spend $18k on rent and utilities, but have no car and spend around $1000-1500 on transportation annually (bus and Uber). My total budget is $36500 and I don't think I could get it even down to $30k without significant hits to quality of life.

Why would you have kids when you have to work for a living?

That is one of the most harmful jew memes to humanity.

It's always the woman in these relationships that starts it because of their biological clock

Not very fucking well unfortunately

My wife snores.

Mfw I am paying on a 7,000 fucking dollar bed and sleep on a hand me down love seat with a board in my back.

Fucking REKT...

Lucky bastard.

>Muh sleigh bed
>Muh 4 post bed.

Keeping up with the Jones's sucks the fattest end of my dick..m

Cut the fucking fabric off and put some screws and 2x4 in that bitch.

LOL!

>wants the world to end.
>holds funds and cash instead of living underground ina shipping container.

KEK

Cause most faggots your age want a lifted look at my inverted dick pickup and all sorts of other shit.

fuck that shit, i'll let the cucks continue this fucked system. in the meantime i'll continue living with my parents saving 1100 AUD a week and spening 50-90. he he

PROTIP:

Get some free pallets from a factory or yard somewhere. It's illegal for them to sell them so they have to give them to you for free.

Piece em together and trim off edges to make it fit the mattrass perfectly and then clean up the bits you cut by screwing and gluing them around the sides.

you can at least sleep above the fucking ground, you don't have to spend 2k on a fucking bed though

Lol. Nice. Is why I only roll with CAT boots.

Lol. My folks just took me to work. Mfw I spent 6 years in preschool. Mfw I knew curse words before all other words growing up on a drilling rig

Kek

>Get some free pallets from a factory or yard somewhere.

enjoy your cancer

>thinks i want to survive
look at this meme everyone