/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>Pretty hyped edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>K23 EG
youtube.com/watch?v=lWtoLUTK0AY

>Civic EF
youtube.com/watch?v=SY7EAgUIBXA

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=pwSvL08isHo

>Civic Hatch
youtube.com/watch?v=kFZfqgHBwo4

>Honda Fit
youtube.com/watch?v=hzkiuA-d1Wo

>What is Spoon?
youtube.com/watch?v=dYsoPrvyfg0
youtube.com/watch?v=7gqUKGs7txo

>New CTR
watch this youtube.com/watch?v=uPK54bPm6xw

>How to inspect a used car
youtube.com/watch?v=vC8LbvYk6es&list=PLvKbarVtwhUv6bjLhJSyaEOxaYy03j7QS

>K Swap
youtube.com/watch?v=-j1lqEICQLY

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TNexpheCg20
youtube.com/watch?v=606FJ2WeLI8
youtube.com/watch?v=faudC3svLb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JOIN THE COLLAGE user

>HOW DO I JOIN THE COLLAGE?
SEE PIC RELATED

Hondas are cute cars.

>checking suspension on my 91 hatch today

rear trailing arm bushings fucking non existent

>meet old friend we haven't seen for like eight years
>dude is TALL as FUCK like 6'5" no joke
>tell him about CRX I bought
>doesn't know much about cars
>show it to him tell him about it
>he likes it
>says he had problems finding new cars because of his height
>sits in it
>his head doesn't touch the roof
>mfw

Is there any way to make the EM2 look good or am I out of luck?
Mine looks like pic related but with hubcaps instead of alloys.

>make the EM2 look good
Clean the ever living fuck out of it.
5 Spoke wheels too, imo

Get some i-VTEC DOHC stickers for those quarters, some wheels, and rice around.

All lights gone, car runs great, oil level normal.
Now comes the wait until it all goes to hell again.

F
;-;7

Honda Beat a cute

lol what noise was it making?

the civics in general ave good head room

wheels, tinted, lowered, window visors, rear window visor, debadge, LCAs, muffler with tip, replace grille, LED plate bulbs
It's the little things that combine to make it look good

7th gen civic is pretty ok looking in my opinion, you could be driving a jellybean.

yeeeeah boii Florida bros represent

drum brakes are locked up, the coolant needs to be changed, and the driver side door lock doesn't lock. The interior is fucking mint though, I fell in love with it. Hoping there aren't too many other things wrong with it (it may or may not be leaking oil)

I actually saw a beat while driving in Norwalk CA of all places, thing was tiny as fuck but it sounded really mean, and it was in yellow.

It's actually super clean, just some small dents and scratches that I can easily have fixed. The only things I've been thinking about doing are lowering it, wheels, and maybe doing something about the front end because it could be better, like pic related. Also the OEM spoiler because fuck you OEM rice gets a pass

Yeah, pic related gets a pass from me. Throw in stickers and make for some 00s time capsule. Do me a favour and stick a Smash Mouth CD somewhere, make sure the track 'Hot' is on it.

none but i can feel the car getting loose in the rear under hard cornering

i thought it was just stock geometry

My car only has 162,000km on odo, but its 28 years old. Steering has little to no play, rides smoothly. Suspension okay for another year?

Got my LED high beams installed. Adjusted to they're pointing right too since I noticed the driver side was almost pointing to the sky. Waiting on the front and rear lips to get here next. Should change the look pretty dramatically. Crazy what small things like that can do.

>found out today CL faggot sold an engine hoist out from under me

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lesson learned. Don't be accommodating on time. Demand they sell it to you immediately or forget it.

/blogpost

Time for more late night hoon vids :^)

I might go for a nice drive on Monday night or something.

>lips Weds
>center console Thurs
>front LCA bushings unknown, maybe Monday?

Finally in the meme crew boys

this dirty fucker hit 100k today

>rising sun WAT

Very nice. I like those notches in the side trim. Very aesthetic.

Anyone know where the transmission drain plug and fill plug is on the 9th gen civic? I could have sworn I seen it on the upper left side which doesn't make any sense because the surface and skid plate are in the fucking way. I was hoping it was going to be tllike the 8th gen. Apparently not

Kek I'm almost at 70K with my 2015

Depends how rough the roads are. Should be fine though. Just avoid potholes and slow down at rail road crosses when you can

Pics?

you have to take off the covers underneath

I forgot to get some. I'll go take some real quick.

rookie mistake, first come first served

plastidip that shiny metal part black

what year?

06, bought it last year with 94k on it

>>lips Weds
>>center console Thurs
>>front LCA bushings unknown, maybe Monday?
HYPE

>exam Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
JUST KILL ME NOW

Fugggg that's so dumb

It's easy with a lift. Do you have a fluid pump? it's next to impossible with a funnel and tube

How can you drive 6k miles in one year?
I literally put 35K mikes on my civic the first year when I first bought it.

being a student only driving on the weekends

I have a lift at work. My bro has one he bought off the mac tools truck at his work. I don't see why they didn't keep the same design with the 8th gen. Unless the 9th gen has a different transmission?

Makes sense

Yeah I'm hype as fuck. I'm considering trying to move my climate control down to the new center console and modifying the old spot to fit a double DIN radio. I want some of that Android Auto action.

1/5 low beam

Running on empty there bud.

Not him but I drive 7k miles a year

He's using little gas in his tank to save weight, lol.
a 10 gal civic tank weighs 80lbs full.

2/5 high beam

It shines pretty far but I didn't wanna move the car.

fucking pic

I'm good for just over 40 more miles. I drain it pretty low. kek

3/5

Camera doesn't show the bezel between the high and low. Kinda looks like the stock housings in the pic.

Damn that's heavy. I fill it to the top every time because I know I'm gonna use every drop. Keeps track of my MPG that way too.

4/5 another angle

I only fill mine to 1/4th nomrally and 1/2 if i'm going 90 mi to san diego, my 17.1 gal weighs 136.8 lbs full, that's another skinny passenger right there killing the mpgs.

5/5

I'd get LEDs for all my other lights but that adds up quick. Maybe just license plate bulbs.

I've been averaging around 30 to 33MPG a tank. It even says that on the live MPG tracking on the Hondash app. I love that feature. The only other way to get that was to order one of those MPGuino things.

Since it's an Si trans though the MPG is about the same even on the Interstate. I had trouble getting it high going past 70MPH. I'm curious how high it could get with the VX trans.

yeah I need to. The other side needs it as well. There's like a grundle of little things I need to fix on it. Focusing on getting my hatch lifts replaced right now, and then getting new tires :^)

LED Licence plate bulbs are pretty cool

Yeah they're the only ones on my car that look old. Made a cart seeing the price to replace every single exterior bulb.

>$157

Shiiiieet no thanks.

Your job must be down the street. Mine is 50 miles away

Have you thought about getting Denji headlights with built in projectors? those are pretty fucking nice. Thinking about buying a pair. Here's a video of how they look, not mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=TNexpheCg20

youtube.com/watch?v=606FJ2WeLI8

Yep I have em but they're hard to notice in those pics. Here's one.

They're pretty great. Even with halogens they're better than my stock lights. Gotta use a harness to get both bulbs to work simultaneously, though.

Yea I commute everyday but within my city. College student rn. Had two jobs within the city and had a job delivering meds with the car. That probably increased it the average. I'm probably 6k a year if it wasn't for that job. Currently just a student now since shit is getting too much.
Everything is nearby, pretty comfy suburb place to live and traffic is manageable.

Consider yourself lucky. I have always driven 20 or more miles to work since I even started working. I hate sitting in traffic I leave my house by 6am to be there before 8am. I get off at 5pm don't usually leave until 5:30-45 then get home by 6:50 to 8:30 depending on traffic

I'm spoiled as fuck. My job is like four miles and three stop signs away. My mom makes like half the money I do and has a 40+ mile Interstate commute one way.

>tfw my last delivery is my own apartment complex
>so close to home yet so far away

I hate my neighbors. Cunts never tip.

Kek if I lived that close I'd bike to work but you can't since you're a pizza dagumi I'm moving back in with my mom in a month she needs help with the bills and rent and I make 3x what she makes so I said whateves it's going to make my commute like 10 miles longer too. And it's going to be bugging the FUCK out if me since I'll be living with my mom at 23 I moved out at 19 and never looked back now I can't make fun of cucks for living with their parents.

>tfw 28

I pay most of the bills anyway so I don't even care anymore. Rent is high as fuck here anyway. A single bedroom is at least 700 a month.

When I used to work at the nearby Honda dealership I used to leave the house at 7:40am to be there at 7:50am at latest. Got off at 4pm and leave at 4:30 pm. Got home 4:40 at latest. Comfiest scheduled work ever. The medicine delivery was work when you want so that was pretty comfy too. The airport wasn't bad either. Commute was 15-20 min in my car and then I'd ride the employee bus. It took me 40min to get to the punch in clock the second I put my car in first from home.
My college campus is 15 min away. I took a year at their other campus and it was 30 min away so it wasn't even bad.
I had a job 30 min away but that was in high school and my dad gave me a pick up to drive.
With my luck, I'm hoping I don't have to commute 1hr when I get a real job after college.
/blog

FUCK that nonsense a room out here is like 300-500$ I'm renting a 3 bedroom house with a 1 car garage and a full front and rear yard for 1100$ a month. Of course that rent is split between me and my brother and his girl.

My mom lives in a double wide that I financed for 10,500$ rent is 425$ a month and trailer payment us 300$ on top of that
My mom makes like 800$ a month or something on SSI

Subaru pays me just over 3200$ a month I guess it will be tight to have home cooked meals and have someone do my laundry again. Because I'm a lazy fuck

You little nigger I'm jealous.
Although I do work 5 days a week and have weekends off so I guess that's cool.

>tfw my Honda dealer is four minutes away

If I lived on the third floor, I could see it from there. Family Dollar was my furthest job and not fucking worth it. Gas station was second furthest and I got PTSD from that job. kek

>fucking nigger lesbians fighting in my store and an armed robbery the day after that

Yeah it's not worth living alone right now. We're actually considering going into a trailer since my roommate is ready to move out and live with his sugar momma girlfriend. She's fucking loaded since her dad was killed in a car accident by a cop.

Jesus shingu why work shitbox jobs?
You should get into a dealership man. Honda started me at 14$ an hour as a lube monkey.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with trailers I find them very comfy and cozy I spent a few years of my life in trailers so I like them. The one I'm moving into has a 6 by 8 shed behind it with a refrigerator and full shelving and its wired for power and has outlets already.
Gonna store by tool boxes and tools in there once I move in and set up my vape lab in there because I'm going to start making that shit and sell it for profit.

Only down side to a trailer is you get one parking spot so my mom parks in it and I have to park on the street. Sad face

Pic unrelated
Subaru mountain rescue turbo forester XT

I can't stand working on cars honestly. Get frustrated too easily. I love the result of working on my car though. I got bad back problems too. Would feel like complete shit after every shift at Family Dollar and the gas station. I worked both jobs at the same time at one point.

I'm making about $16 an hour at the Hut. Usually $300+ in tips and mileage a week. $250+ from my checks every two weeks. It's pretty comfy income and I'm rarely broke. Even better when my mom gets her tax refund to start her new job. Hoping it works out because I'm tired of paying most of the bills. lel

$16 for slinging pies is really good, my mom deals with crazy people on the phone all day and she wants to off herself.

and it's only $15.85 doing that.

Yeah the work to money ratio is really great. Love to drive too so it's barely considered work.

I'm not sure what her new job is gonna be. She has to buy a laptop and software to do it. Her friend supposedly makes good money doing it. She drives 40+ miles to make $8 something an hour so literally anything is better. Keeps asking me for money and shit. I gave her $150 today.

Here's my buddy's EJ update. He relocated the fuse box behind the glove box area. Also plans on getting a lightweight battery and putting it in the trunk as far back as possible.

I totally wanna drive it when it's running again. I wanna see what the difference is.

sounds like a pyramid scheme

Oh and the calipers are two piston ones from the Acura Legend. Pretty crazy shit.

I think it's some kind of document work. I never asked the details.

that nigga works fast

Yeah for real. I even asked if I could help but he likes rolling solo. I guess when you've owned nine fifth gens you start to know them very intimately. The only thing slowing him down is money.

Sup /hg/. Looking at an 89 civic lx that's pretty clean, but the D15b seems anemic as fuck and super underwhelming. What should I swap it with? Should I just keep the d15 and turbo it? What specific modifications can I do without ricing it too bad?

Get a D16Y8, it D15s are slow.

Wew lad. Do d16s turbo well? I just sort of have a turbo a buddy gave me so I'd really like to make use of it.

nah don't turbo it. Just swap in a d16

People turbo them all the time. I'm amazed how much power the good old SOHC can make. Probably expensive to make this kind of power, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=faudC3svLb0

Saw this in my suggestions and was amazed.

gday , im considering buying a B18C converted eg civic, what cars are they comparable to in terms of peformance?

Integra where the motor came from. Though the civic is lighter when it's the hatch

B18cs are pretty damn good stock iirc, throw a turbo on it bud.

Stock internals I should say.

CR-Z a cute.

K bump

plenty of snow today, yet car does well even with summer bias all seasons
accord for record

Took it to a self service wash today. Felt bretty gud.

Looking fresh as fuck.

It's time for me to finally wash mine. It still has grease marks from doing the head gasket last November...

Gonna take it to the touchless wash. Later today I'll be installing the front LCA bushings. Hopefully that gets rid of the clunking noise.

>Go to check mail, find key for parcel locker P13
>Open the locker
>It's fucking empty

They better have given me the wrong key. Fug

d15 owner here

>d16 not slow

kys