I have no clue how to handle emergencies

On the highway, coming from campus heading to Indy, just driving for the sake of driving on the I74. Out of no where, the car shakes, and I see the traction control light on the dash. Shift into neutral, put hazards on and try to brake, because both the CEL and the oil light came up, followed by smoke coming from the rear (rear view mirror). Brakes were shot, so i pull to the side on the handbrake. Shut engine off, get out car and call a tow truck, thinking its nothing. Moments later the smoke coming out the hood changes density, and underneath the car is bright, we run away to the field nearby. Call 911 because the car was on fire. By the time they came, multiple people have stopped to see if we were doing okay, including an ex-cop just driving by.
So the car is burning at a rate, I've already lost my shit. Gone through 4-5 cigs in what felt like ages, all I can think of is if my friend is going to sue my ass, or if I'm going to get in trouble with the law. Firemen put the fire out, get the car on the tow truck and the towing dude takes it to the lot in case it re-ignites, then we go back on campus to talk to the owner (by then he already heard his car was burning). He goes, "do you know what caused it?" "I have no fucking clue" I say.
Turns out the car has been recalled, he got it fixed (the secondary air pump, 2009 WRX) but apparently that didn't do anything. From now on I'm on the clear legally, we're fine (not a scratch on me or her). The owner was having fun on campus when me and friend were driving; but it all turned out to be "okay" in terms of all the big stuff.

However I realized I have no fucking clue what to do in case something goes this south next time. All I could do was call 911, completely flipping shit to the point where my friend said she was more scared about me than the actual case.
I have no clue what to do in case *anything* happens. (1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_nM04sFJ_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(sorry for the flipped picture btw, but its the car on the tow truck after it was all done)

I'm 18, from Turkey with a license that is not even a full year old. I've never had to deal with anything like this before, so I have no clue how to.

My question is, what are some things to do when in an emergency? I know shutting the engine off and getting away from the car was a thing to do, but I don't know if I should have done anything else, or if there was anything else.

If anyone can enlighten me so I don't fuck myself over next time that'd be great because although I'm over it I'm still kinda scared shitless. Won't affect if I'll drive or not (life goes on, had to drive the morning after) but I want to know what to do in case something goes VERY wrong.

don't lie you Subaru faggot, you where hitting your vape hellahard AF making sick vape clouds when your vape exploded and caught your car on fire

youtube.com/watch?v=S_nM04sFJ_s

>what are some things to do when in an emergency?
put down the vape

That's why you have a fire extinguisher in a car moron

>all I can think of is if my friend is going to sue my ass, or if I'm going to get in trouble with the law
>From now on I'm on the clear legally
Why were you concerned about legal repercussions? Things like this happen, it's not like you intentionally lit a car on fire.

>I don't know if I should have done anything else
There's not much you can do about fire, the window in which you can stop it (house fires too) is very small. I carry a fire extinguisher in my weekend car, which is about the most you can do if you're worried about something like this. Otherwise, you did fine. Get yourself safely off the road and to a stop, then call 911.

I was just on 465 earlier today, on my way back from visiting my boyfriend. Probably would have seen you if I wasn't headed for 37. You're gonna be just fine if it was a part malfunction. The only thing you can be hit for is if your driving caused it.

You did everything right. Just panic less next time.

yes but it wasnt my car, nor there was one in the car
was my friend's car, and until i saw the police report i thought it was insured on his parents and i thought that would get me in hella trouble idk why

>literal faggot

Subaru fag here.
As someone who regularly replaces the secondary air pump relay every single day on these cars I can tell you right now I don't think your friend got that fixed. It was more than likely the cause.

The repair procedure is to check for check engine light codes before the relay is replaced . If there is a code that pertains to the recall we replace the entire thing.
I was going to say if the fuse box made it to take a picture if the relays to see if it was actually replaced or not.

At least I'm not a nigger.

but you are still a faggot

Must suck being relegated to dating people who can't drive. I pity you.

>implying your trap bf drives
>implying he doesn't suck you off from the passenger seat

>trap
No, just another faggot.
>implying he doesn't suck you off from the passenger seat
He actually did once. Shit felt good.

hawt, tell my more

Well, I came in his mouth. Then I bought him Texas Roadhouse. Was a pretty good night.

He told me (after it all settled down and we went to the dorm) that he got it fixed, so idk, either he's trying to cover it up for some reason or the dealership actually messed up...

the car is in the lot, idk if theyre open tomorrow or not but i'll let him know. he said he got an invoice and all that, but i guess we'll see what happened

If it's possible that the secondary air pump relay survived the numbers on top of it would say "1615++" the old part numbers were 1218++ I think. Tell him to take a picture. If he actually has an invoice that said it was replaced and it wasn't then the dealership fucked up.

Also you handled the situation exactly how you should have by Calling the fire department and what not. Just try to hold composure next time.

thanks dude, hope we can make something of it.
i realized after typing it out but the fuse box was probably in the engine bay (idk why but my mom's Qashqai had some fuses inside but another friend's tiguan had them in the engine bay) so chances are its burned to a crisp by now.
but yeah i'll definitely let him know and if by then this thread is still alive will post.

If you are facing the engine with the hood up it's directly to the right shaped like an oblong triangle. I don't think it survived but it doesn't hurt to check. Just trying to help. I'll be monitoring the thread

>completely flipping shit to the point where my friend said she was more scared about me than the actual case
why are you such a complete faggot? You don't have to know what to do in an emergency to know that acting like a literal screaming manchild is not the correct response.
Here's the thing, most people don't know what to do when shit hits the fan, but the ones who get through shit know not to flip the fuck out and instead work to solve the problem as calmly and quickly as possible.

>you handled the situation exactly how you should have
"no"

See, this is why I love homos.
A nice backroad blowjob and some blue rare steak

Quit smoking

>disregards rest of my reply
This is why you are stupid