215hp

>215hp
>2.9k lbs
>All the luxuries
>Reliable and economic 4cylinder and 5 speed manual
>wealth of parts available

Is there any other Japanese car that performs this well within this price bracket?

Acura RSX Type S

W E W
E
W

Could've at least posted the fourth gen, better looking outside and the inside is fucking spaceship tier. Wouldn't call it luxurious though, it's basically just a Civic that's been pulled on length-wise.

not OP, but I prefer the looks of the last gen Prelude

I'd considered buying one of these. Never had the chance to try one out. Would it be more fun to drive than a ninth gen Civic Si?

Ugly as fuck.

Turd and last gen = best exterior, totally uninspired dash
4th gen= excellent dash, body style doesn't do anything for me though

high compression engine spits oil out the exhaust and doesn't last as long as the V6 in the accord

doesn't even make 200hp nevermind 215hp

the best car of this platform was the acura cl-s and tl-s, not the prelude

The SiR S-Spec makes that much power.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IF THE DAMN PRELUDE WASNT FRONT WHEEL DRIVE IT WOULD QUITE POSSIBLY BE THE BEST DAMN CAR ON THE MARKET

The 5th gen prelude looks like a better looking GT-R.

Even as a FWD it's still one of the best cars around and anyone who hasn't driven one will never know how good FWD can be when a car is made right

mr2
>not FF econobox
>outhandles the ever loving shit out of it
>dangerous and cool
>RWD
>MID ENGINED

>miata
>RWD
>convertable
>good handling
>RWD

t. someone who almost bought a prelude but then found out it was FF

this.
And if del sol was actually mid engined
and if crx was ae86 by honda
Honda would be so much better company if it didn't stick with retarded FF cars that look like they are RWD

There's a prelude that parks at work.
I still look at it at smoke breaks and wish it was rwd

I got rekt by a FF daewoo nexia.
I rekt an e30 in my AWD
FF can be quick and fun but nowhere near as fun and quick as an FR or MR or RR

FF is just cucking yourself out of hektik skidz

FF belongs nowhere except in the economy shitbox category imo

Is buying the 5th gen prelude worth it as a first car if I can only afford the weakest engine model?

They all made the same power that gen.

It's footprint is kinda large for what it is. It's as long as a rwd, but doesn't have hatch space, is fwd, and the backseats are laughable. A civic si, integra, rsx, or Celica gts is a better buy.

is this a meme

BEST
E
S
T

Dont preludes have 4 wheel steering?

I should clarify: they're the same in NA. The shitboxes with less power were available in other countries.

It's rare. Some 3rd gens had mechanical 4ws, some 4th gens had electronic. Again, very rare.

I'm in EU, so what I'm looking at is the 2.0i version, which is... not powerful, to say the least. But it's cheap enough and there's a lot of non riced examples available.

isn't a 4 cylinder too much for more than 200hp, how much can you speed to 160-200 kmh and keep it that way on a highway, without the engine blowing up?

p.s. i don't know nothing about cars?

>isn't a 4 cylinder too much for more than 200hp,

mhmmmm

can you elaborate?

Lmao a 1985 E30 is more luxurious.

i always thought a 4 cylinder car small diameter and driving more than 120 kmh would cause engine failure, possibly blow up? i.e you are on the autobahn and you travel 500km so you keep the speed at 160-200kmh wouldn't that cause a problem in a 4 cylinder engine? you can't make an average person run a marathon.

Yeah fwd and rwd are both compromises.
AWD is by far superior to both and should be standard by now.

goddamn that is some legitimately stupid thinking

Holy shit man are you 5?

>engine speed
>gearbox speed
>wheel speed
>WHAT IS THIS WIZZARDRY!?

>you can't make an average person run a marathon.
It's true. You have to feed your engine lots of protein and train for years. Get those muscles nice and strong for a 200km/h run, y'know

care to explain?

Your transmission has different gear ratios. Higher gears = car goes faster at same engine RPM or goes same speed at lower engine RPM. Cylinder count has fuck-all to do with top speed.