Christcucks: what goes around comes around

>"[During the 4th century CE] Christians had denounced sacrifice, stripped temples of their funds, and cut priests and magistrates off from the social prestige and financial benefits accompanying leading pagan positions in the past. Leading politicians and civic leaders had little motivation to rock the boat by reviving pagan festivals. Instead, they chose to adopt the middle ground by having ceremonies and mass entertainment that were religiously neutral."

HAHAHA, WOW.
How current Christians complain about how secularization has stripped them of official funding, of how it has stripped clergy of authority and power, of how previously religious holidays have been appropriated and their original religious meanings watered down so as to not offend anyone... and yet, it was the Christians who first did this, to the pagans!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Antioch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_pagans_in_the_late_Roman_Empire
youtube.com/watch?v=uJ-IBNPIVqg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxon_Wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Truthfully, christcucks are the worst hypocrites I have ever encountered.

The only reason that their apocalyptic death cult moved beyond the fringes of society was because they literally genocided their way to power. Once in power they oppressed everyone they opposed and still do with their vote, homosexuals for instance.

But if you so much as just *say* something negative about christianity, they demand tolerance and dismiss you as being 'edgy'.

What authority and power did clergy have and what sort do Christians want them to have?

>was because they literally genocided their way to power
Could you illustrate?

In your entire life, how many pagans have you met?

Never forget:

When Christians are a minority:
>"God bless you! Christ saves!"

When Christians are numerous:
>"We demand official recognition and the exclusive protection and patronage of the Emperor."

When Christians outnumber you:
>"Burn your holy groves and temples, or burn with them."

That does not equal genocide.

>homosexuals for instance.
Lel.

Too many, unfortunately.

What's that have to do with genocide?

>Where Christians are a minority
Shithole, usually beset by barbarians.

>Numerous
Some hope

>Plenty
Beacons of humanity and technology.

When leftist are a minority
>Mind my pronouns
When leftists are numerous
>we demand official abolition of all recognition of individual merit
When leftists outnumber you
>Kill them if you're sure, and if you're unsure, kill them after a mock trial

>Lel

Christcucks will always make light of any oppression that other groups - such as homosexuals - undergo, but will somehow spout inane drivel about how they are "oppressed" because of their fantasies about how "there's a war on Christmas!/this country isn't catering to my Christian beliefs [despite allowing me to worship freely]!"

Christians were the SJWs of late antiquity, who didn't knew that?

>B-but muh persecution of Christians by the Rominz!
If anything the Romans were too tolerant for their own good.

>[in 392 CE] Theodosius passed legislation prohibiting all pagan worship.Pagan religions from this point were increasingly persecuted, a process which lasted throughout the 5th century. The closing of the Neoplatonic Academy by decree of Justinian I in 529 marks a conventional end point of both classical paganism and Late Antiquity, after which most of its scholars fled to more tolerant Sassanid Persia.

>"Lay Christians took advantage of these new anti-pagan laws by destroying and plundering their temples."

Ramsay McMullan (1984) Christianizing the Roman Empire A.D. 100–400, Yale University Press, p.90.

>"Theodosius [eventually] prohibited all forms of Pagan worship and allowed the temples to be robbed, plundered, and ruthlessly destroyed by monks and other enterprising Christians

R. MacMullen, "Christianizing The Roman Empire A.D.100–400, Yale University Press, 1984

The actions committed by the Christians during the 4-5th centuries were literally ISIS-tier. All temples were destroyed (do not forget that most libraries, conservatories, and educational institutions were located on temple grounds), and most works - sculptures, mosaics, scrolls, etc. - located inside where destroyed. The countryside was uprooted as Christians burned down sacred groves and gardens, and I can't remember his name, but there was a prominent Imperial bureaucrat who wrote to the Emperor Theodosius asking for him to step in and to stop the violence, but he was ignored.

Good meme dude

Pagan mentality
>So you worship this guy Jesus? Maybe I should worship him and his mother too, you know, just to make sure. They'll fit well next to my statues of Isis and Mithras ;^)

Christard mentality
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr *burns a library* durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *brakes a masterwork statue* infidels! *foams* Idolaters!!!1!

ethnic cleansing =/= genocide

scrub

samefag

good heavens what brutes!

>all the posts that I don't agree with are from a samefag!

Delusional/10

>All temples were destroyed
Then why is the Parthenon still around? As well as so many Babylonian temples?

Use your head.

>after which most of its scholars fled to more tolerant Sassanid Persia.

the real kicker here is that after Christianity destroyed scholarship in Europe, Islam finished the job in Persia. So much lost, because of these damned kike "religions".

kek

>make light of any oppression that other groups - such as homosexuals - undergo
Only when they're humerous and justified.

>All temples were destroyed (do not forget that most libraries, conservatories, and educational institutions were located on temple grounds
Patently false. Most were just converted.

>Christianity destroyed scholarship in Europe
Yea? When did it do this? Was it around the same time the Irish and East Romans were the only ones preserving and promulgating texts which the barbarians were happy to destroy?

>all posts that spout ludicrously unhistorical bullshit are from a samefag
ftfy

Christcucks still revere those people today too, like 'saint' Ambrose.

>"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
What people think it means: "it's all about l-i-v-i-n, man."
What it actually means: "obey the church, or else."

The Byzantines were extremely scholarly, the Imperial Library of Constantinople housed numerous scholarly texts. Western Europe had a decline because they were fractured to pieces by barbarians and had to revert largely to subsistence plus soldiers. Without a degree of relative stability, you can't have flourishing scholarship, and you can't have relative stability without enough centralization to ensure territories the size of counties aren't warring with each other.

>Then why is the Parthenon still around?

The Parthenon had all of its images and trappings destroyed, and was then repurposed into a Christian church.

>Patently false. Most were just converted.

Only after the interior was ransacked and all previous things associated with the pagan deity - from statues to ornaments to scrolls - were destroyed.

This, Christposting should be banned

>The Byzantines were extremely scholarly

Only because they suffered the cognitive dissonance from being both Christian but also considering themselves 'Romans'.

Even so, the Byzantines did not retain all of the knowledge the Romans had amassed. For starters, the formula for creating concrete - which the Romans had perfected - was lost to the Byzantines, as was Classical sculpture, which artisans and sculptors were unable to recreate.

So times changed? The concrete thing is unfortunate, but that was hardly due to state religion any more than the later loss of Greek Fire.

>Only after the interior was ransacked and all previous things associated with the pagan deity - from statues to ornaments to scrolls - were destroyed.
Obviously not all.

Hos is that cognitive dissonance? Have you read Romans 13? Or Justin Martyr's letter to the Emperor (in which he says Christians are the most loyal of all Romans)?

Byzantines didn't into sculpture not just because of concrete, but also because of the Greek word for idol means "form", as well as the Hebrew word translated as "graven image". Byzantines loved visual art, but they also wanted to distance themselves from paganism as much as possible. While Roman Catholics didn't have any problem with sculpture, for the Byzantines it would be skirting the line too much between iconography and idolatry.

>So times changed?

It was actually the Christians burning down most libraries and their repudiation of anything 'Roman' (i.e. pagan).

>Obviously not all.

Doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of them were. And converting a few remaining ones is still insulting - ever seen how assblasted Christcucks get when you remind them that the Hagia Sophia was made into a mosque?

>their repudiation of anything 'Roman'

i am literally lavghing

>(in which he says Christians are the most loyal of all Romans)?

Considering the Christian penchant for stripping away the essence of 'Roman-ness' from the Empire due to its associations with paganism, I get the feeling that Justin Martyr's letter is an example of what we would call disingenuous ass-kissing nowadays.

>It was actually the Christians burning down most libraries and their repudiation of anything 'Roman' (i.e. pagan).
Except they didn't really do much of that, and Roman-ness was still something prized (best seen with the East, and barbarian tribes continuing to adopt it). Just not the pagan aspects.
>the Hagia Sophia was made into a mosque?
Because that was actually a tragedy. For the pagan stuff, it's fortunate that we still have anything left, as they would do the same or worse.

>le dayus vault xDDD

I am literally cringing

>Missing the point

>Except they didn't really do much of that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_pagans_in_the_late_Roman_Empire

youtube.com/watch?v=uJ-IBNPIVqg

>One example
Oh noes.

Roman-ness is obviously more than paganism, or else the fall of Rome wouldn't have changed anything.

>one example

How is the entire Wikipedia article of "Persecution of Pagans in the Late Roman Empire" only one example, idiot born of idiots?

Of library burnings? Who cares about the persecutions?

>Of library burnings?

Most libraries were housed inside temple complexes, you mong. There wasn't a library building separate from a temple like today - there was a temple, and one of the side shrines dedicated to the Muses or to Athena/Apollo would house the library. The libraries themselves WERE temples.

The destruction of temples also equals the destruction of libraries. Man, Christcucks are dumb.

>There wasn't a library building separate from a temple like today
Like Alexandria and Antioch, right? And again, most weren't destroyed, just pillaged.
You're making mountains out of molehills to support your Jew-tier persecution complex.

>"In reality, these complexes had their origins as shrines to the Muses but that transmogrified rather rapidly into the first universities."

Also:
>jew-tier

Fuck off back to /pol

>that transmogrified rather rapidly into the first universities.
Glad we agree.
>Fuck off back to /pol
Oh, struck a nerve there, eh?

Practically every Roman worker could read and write by the year 380 A.D., when Christianity began to have real power. By 480 nearly every school in the Empire was destroyed. By 580, and until 1780 at least, from ninety to ninety-five percent of the people of Europe were illiterate and densely ignorant. That is the undisputed historical record of Christianity as regards education.

>That is the undisputed historical record of Christianity as regards education.
Correlation =/= causation. The empire falling apart and being beset by enemies didn't really help matters. It was thanks to Christianity that anyone was able to get a proper education afterwards.

>actually using Alexandria to weasel his way out
>forgetting that Alexandria murdered one of its last famous librarian in cold blood by the Christians to gain control the city
Not really helping your case here

He already gave you your causation by claiming earlier that Christians went around breaking libraries with the correlation as evidence. He didn't imply the inverse

Christianity didn't cause the drop in literacy, Alaric did.

Idc whether that is true or not, I am only pointing out your reply to that user is poor form of arguing

>Alexandria

Actually, the library that Christians destroyed was called the Serapeum, and it was part of a temple-complex dedicated to the god Serapis. The building was sacked by a mob of Christians at the urging of their bishop, Theophilus, who called the works contained within "unholy".

The actual famous Library of Alexandria was already gone by that point in time. Learn actual history, instead of spouting stupid pop-history.

I'm not that poster.

Oh my bad senpai. Still my point remain, I am not particularly aware of the background information needed to partake in this argument

>And again, most weren't destroyed, just pillaged.

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever read. It's like claiming the Sack of Constantinople of 1204 wasn't "that bad" because the city was 'merely' pillaged and sacked rather than outright destroyed.

You realize pillaging was just excising everything and anything until only the barebones structural skeleton remained, right? All the statues and sculptures, mosaics, scrolls, inscriptions were effaced, leaving only the shell of the building so that it could be re-used. And YES, while some pagan temples were pillaged and repurposed, most of them were DESTROYED.

>Not really helping your case here
Nor harming?
>He already gave you your causation by claiming earlier that Christians went around breaking libraries with the correlation as evidence.
Which was dodgy, and had little to do with the lack of schola after West Rome fell.

I know that, but was just pointing out flaws in the argument.

>It's like claiming the Sack of Constantinople of 1204 wasn't "that bad" because the city was 'merely' pillaged and sacked rather than outright destroyed.
Exactly. It's not great, but at least there was still Constantinople left afterwards. The long term effect on the inhabitants is a separate issue.

You're an idiot, and it shows just how low Christcucks will stoop in their attempts to show they DINDU NUFFIN

>"Okay, we did sack and destroy everything, but we left the outer structure intact, so it's good, right?"
>"Well, Sack of 1204 wasn't that bad, because they didn't actually destroy anything xDD"

It's like you don't know anything about history.

>by claiming
Key phrase.

Christians did burn books, yeah, but mainly books that taught heretical Christian doctrines. They didn't burn secular philosophy or mathematics. Even if the books were housed in pagan temples

Apparently i know more than you, so i don't need to cry myself to sleep or anything.
Also,
>we
I had no part in it, and certainly wouldn't, but shit happened and it wasn't the worst thing in the world because it was just pagan stuff. Maybe you need to just grow up and move on?

>the pagan cocksucker is a furry

Wow, I for one am shocked at this turn of events.

Christianity has caused the fall of Roman Empire, the fall of modern Europe, the fall of America. When will you learn?

The early fathers of the Church hated Greek civilisation and sought its destruction

All over the empire, mobs of Christian monks went about destroying the many Greco-Roman works of art, libraries of antiquity, and pre-Christian temples
The Hellenes called them "swinish black-cloths", because "they looked like men but lived like pigs".

Gaius Marius was Christian?

I''ll be mad if I found out a lot of the lost great works by the likes of Homer and stuff were lost because of Christians.

You know, all those stories that ancient authors referenced or mentioned a lot, but an actual copy hasn't been discovered.

ITS NOT LIKE I LIKE HISTORY OR ANYTHING.

Yeah I'm sure Germanic barbarians sacking the Romans world would have carefully preserved the works of Homer while they burned down and looted a city.

Dumb faggot.

Cuckfaggotardianity was a mistake. But a mistake we can correct within one or two generations.

>Truthfully, christcucks are the worst hypocrites I have ever encountered.
And catholics are the worst of them all. The only christcucks that can give them a run for their money is russian orthordox.

The last complete copy of the Iliad was preserved in the Imperial Library of Constantinople

>Look guys we didn't burn everything up, we saved one copy of this cherry picked work!

Only ONE copy of the Iliad survived?!?

Wtf I hate Christians now

>I hate this for x reason!
>Don't worry, x reason isn't valid.
>It is in my mind!

Dat damage control

>it wasn't that bad you guys! :(((

Yo, you guys don't realize how much, as a DEFAULT, stuff like this just gets lost. Our image of history is totally skewed by what we have remaining sources of, mostly by luck of the draw most of the time.

Fun Fact: We do not have a single literary source from the Bactrian Greeks. They're greeks, same as the ones from Greece. They were literate. Their successor states were literate. No one tried to wipe them out. We don't even have a shopping list left over from them.

ITT: more christcuck mental gymnastics to justify how destroying someone else's property isn't actually destroying someone else's property

Honestly, I don't know why christcucks haven't started the Mental Gymnastics Olympics, you guys would win every time

that's because it had happened to the christians before then too. 4th century ce was a turning point when constantine officially ended the persecution and started giving christians reparations and getting them into office

Oy vey we were so persectued 6 million Christians died in the Colosseum.

PRAISE KEK

BASED KEK

Nice GET.

But Christcuckoldry is the Judaic religion here.

>justify
There's been none of that, though. Everyone is willing to accept it was a travesty. Just that it's not some trump card to make us all slit our wrists like you expect.

Jesus... nice get.

Yfw this wouldn't have happened if the Gnostics had been in charge but they (the Romans) had to impose a pleb tier faith and throw anything illuminating out the window. Ever since we've been stuck with trying to square our understanding of anything with monotheistic thought.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxon_Wars

That's the Franks taking power, not Christianity, which was already in power in the civilised areas.

Christcuck apologists should be shot.

le cuck