Fellow Veeky Forumstists...

Fellow Veeky Forumstists. Please explain to my Veeky Forumstards why square based vehicles are NOT efficient or worth buying.
>muh space efficiency
>muh lots of cargo space
>it's okay i don't go on the highway anyway
>i don't want a jeep rubicon

because if you don't care what car you by why would anyone else

They're small but you can still fit a dresser in one. They still fucking suck though.

They are actually. If you disregard the front end a good old wagon is basically a box, wagons have far greater cargo capacity than sedans, and wagons usually have the same aerodynamic drag properties than their sedan counterparts, some of them even better.

why

>aerodynamic drag properties than their sedan counterparts, some of them even better.
no

Really I just see them as somewhat pointless vehicles. Their only redeeming quality is vertical cargo space, yet the overall cubic inches of space is less than desirable. Their shape is terrible for aerodynamics, and they probably control like you'd imagine a box would. I just think they're a gimmick made to try an trick soccer moms into buying a grocery hauler, whose actual, real world job could be accomplished by a better vehicle such as a wagon like the other user pointed out.

>I just think they're a gimmick made to try an trick soccer moms into buying a grocery hauler,
>whose actual, real world job could be accomplished by a better vehicle such as a wagon like the other user pointed out.
They wanted to appeal to soccer moms but instead they've appealed to Veeky Forumsenticians. Those that are slightly more wealthy and have graduated from owning a crystal van ship craft that they call the "enterprise" over and over again.

who fucking gives a shit
apparently a lot of people love driving big SUVs since its a huge thing in America

Except that big SUVs actually have legitimate cargo space in raw cubic inches, and are often coupled with solid engines, so they can be used for pulling trailers. Sure the fuel economy is shit, but most people who'd want to buy something like OP's pic, would really do better to get something like a suburban.

The requirements for pulling trailers are hopelessly overestimated in the USA unless your destinations exclusively lie on the tops of mountains or you tow on a daily basis.

Over here Golf sized cars are rated for 3300 lbs with trailer brakes, other mid size cars up to 4400 lbs, and certain Audis and SUVs at 5500 lbs and beyond, up to 7700 lbs for the Defender. And all that's needed for it is
>offer more diesel engines
>move the trailer axle a bit further forward so that your tongue weight gets lowered
>tow at a slightly lower speed

How many Americans who brag about the towing of their huge SUVs and pickup trucks use them for towing anyway, and for towing substantial weight no less and not just a laughable ATV or two?

>How many Americans who brag about the towing of their huge SUVs and pickup trucks use them for towing anyway, and for towing substantial weight no less and not just a laughable ATV or two?

I don't tow personally {I don't even own something that I'd use to tow} but I have a friend who owns a landscaping business, and uses his truck to tow the lawn equipment. That is literally every single day, and if it's a day he has off he's towing a boat, or some scrap car he's picked up. Pretty much if someone claims to have bought a vehicle to tow something you can be assured they're not lying.

Nice sources there, fuckface

>just throwing the firewood into the trailer
>not stacking carefully to ensure you get a full cord of wood

disgraceful

>if one person claims to have bought a gun to kill someone, you can be assured they're not lying

>Pretty much if someone claims to have bought a vehicle to tow something you can be assured they're not lying

Holy fuck you're stupid

>aerodynamics
>fuel consumption
>crash tests
>squares aren't trendy anymore

Yeah I agree. The fat-ass trucks and SUVs in the US are a direct result of CAFE regulations automakers have to conform to. So might as well market them as being good at towing shit even though most people who own them never tow anything.

You can easily tow up to 1000lbs with most cars even if the manufacturer doesn't recommend it. U-Haul or any of those places will install a trailer hitch on your car for like, $120.

People don't own trucks because they are practical, that's just a lame excuse they use to justify it.

don't even bother with the retards on this board.

i tried to tell people a couple months ago that boxes were fucking autistic & useless as automobiles a couple months ago & all i got in response was retard logic/shitposting.

if you own an xb/cube/element/soul you are a dumb piece of human trash who should not be allowed to own a vehicle let alone a drivers license.

>inb4 stop liking what i dont like
except for the fact that your literal fagboxes are inferior to every other car on the road.

Why are you guys so bitter about boxes?
You jealous that you can't hold cargo, keep clean, sleep comfortably in one, etc. in one of your civics?

stay btfo

it's actually true. Why do you thing Volvo campaigned the 850 wagon in the BTCC and WTCC instead of the sedan?
Why do you think Subaru switched from a sedan to a hatchback for the last generation of Impreza WRX STI that was campaigned in the WRC?

why are you here?

>square based vehicles are NOT efficient or worth buying.

get out

Same reason as ever. To shitpost about shitboxes and feel smug about petty personal opinions that differ from other people's stupid opinions.

So what's your excuse for not having a Honda Element?
>Convenient storage
>No carpet so easy to clean
>Can sleep comfortably
>Decent mileage compared to other cars with comparable use cases
>Day to day reliability
Think it's too slow?
>Engine swap
>5speed manual available
>Can add a sixth gear for not much money

fucking fair enough bro

volvo used the 850 Wagon in BTCC because that were the cars supplied by volvo. The did race prepping with wagons first, and then sedans when they became available. It turned out there wasnt much between them, so they went with the wagons because of publicity/marketing reasons

>being btfo

>hauling firewood

>not hauling firefood

Kinda wish honda still made the element

The problem with the Element is that the people that wanted them were cheapasses and didn't want to buy them new. They sold quick as soon as we got a used one in...

Got spiders in that shit you double nigger

>Car full of spiders

>car full of spiders

i have to agree with user on this. firewood in the passenger area is not optimal. nice looking firewood tho.

Seems like it.
I've been watching element ads for months and finally wanting to buy one for the past few weeks and they're pretty hard to find. When a good is up it sells in a couple or so days.

Just pressure wash the interior afterwards. The car won't care, it's a Honda Element.

Don't spray out the interior. It's plastic and the seats are waterproof, sure, but there is still electronic stuff inside the car.