Why did GM pull the plug?

Why did GM pull the plug?

They love to do that whenever they please and/or MUH CORVETT is in danger.

pontiac a shit
glad theyre gone

>Nigs love
>Nigs are Broke
>Only good car they make in thirty years nigs can't afford
>Out of business

camaro and GM went bankrupt and pulled out of Nummi

Shoulda been like Dodge and kept their shit cheap so poor people can lease.

I live in like the blackest state in America and I swear half of all Pontiac drivers I see are old white guys. Something ain't adding up

Unless by nigs you just meant poorer folk in general

>half
who are the other half? yung blacc dudes?

combination of old black guys, young black guys, and boyracers of all ethnicities desu

GM a shit
and they are still around

Government forced them to.

Buick is kept around for the Chinese market and watered down Opels in the US market.

GMC is a high volume profit maker.

Olds and Pontiac were just redundant Chevrolets.

Saturns were a failed experiment from the get go.

All the brands that were gone had nothing worth keeping around beyond nameplate recognition and corporate infighting.

Now the corporate in fighting at GM is about exclusive engines and chassis and money for development. Cadillac in particular.

Well, Dodge made stripped versions of their cars. The G8, for instance, the base model was 29k, whereas the base model of a charger was 5k less, and the charger was better configured to put fuckhueg donks on.

I wish they hadn't. 2008/2009 g8 GXPs are both rare and expensive. I want to get a solstice but those are also rare as fuck.

This

my brother had a 2008 g8 gt

what a hunk of garbage that ended up being, just a never ending list of mechanical issues

Who the fuck is buying GMCs? I sometimes forget that is even a brand.

Will they ever come back?

this is the new geo metro

What's the new Tracker then?

>Olds and Pontiac were just redundant Chevrolets.
Pontiac and Saturn had Euro and Australian captive imports by the end of its time. The G8, Astra, and Solstice/Sky were solid cars. The rest of the lineup was rebranded garbage though.

>GM a shit
>and they are still around

It'd be better if all the usa companies were gone and replaced by efficient foreign company products. That's the path the usa will follow once chinese cars enter the usa and european market in quantity.

When that happens, the usa companies will shrink to a point where they cannot pay the cash flow fixed annual costs of their pensions and benefits to all the retirees and investors. The company will then fold.

It's not a new idea. Everyone here who remembers the government loans or bail outs knows what happens with companies that are forced to earn a large amount each year just to deal with the fixed costs that have nothing to do with current production.

The savvy chinese companies, once they get in, only need to "dump" their cars near cost in order to decrease the sales of fca, ford, and gm to the point where their cash flow cannot meet their huge fixed annual costs. Bankruptcy. The gov't can't save the pensions and investors by forcing the sale (like with mcdonnel douglas to boeing) of the bankrupt companies onto the other car makers because they are foreign companies.

kys cucklord

I don't know. I always thought they were sportier.

That's what GM do. They milk and then they kill. They did it with Pontiac and Oldsmobile turning them into empty shells of rebadging. They did it with Saab. Saturn showed promise and then they chopped it down and kill it. They killed Daewoo and turned their facitilies into GM production lines. And they almost ruined Opel/Vauxhall. Nothing is sacred. And that's just car brands, don't even get me started about their great ploy to kill working streetcar systems for inefficient buses and then kill buses for cars. GM have been an out of control kraken for most of the last century.

The government. GMCs sell as fleet vehicles

You ever insult the fucking IRS muscle car GTO again, I will fucking destroy you.

>be out driving around
>see a pontiac badge
>tfw they will never return
>and if they do they will be shit like the new Datsun

It kind of feels awkward seeing a Pontiac on the road.

because the Govt told them to. They were planning a big Pontiac revival, but that didnt happen because The govt made them axe anything that wasn't profitable.

by the 90's and 00's, most Pontiacs were rebadged cars from Austrailia, or rebadged chevys. Which was an issue with GM for decades, although they managed to get by on brand loyalty and price tiers. (EG older people bought oldsmobile over other GM brands- a bridge they burned with their "not your father's oldmobile" campaign )

but when everything was similarly priced garbage, people stopped buying, their practices caught up with them, and they went broke, and Pontiac suffered the consequences of their bad behavior. GM has always liked Pontiac, even if they always fucked it over to protect the Corvette. They still do, but these days, there's no way to bring back Pontiac unless the environment is right for it. (it's too choked right now by regulations and SUV consumer taste)

>run Pontiac like a greedy dimebagging shitshow for decades
>WE WERE JUST ABOUT TO BRING IT BACK TO GLORY, THE EVIL GUBMINT FORCED US TO AXE IT
Don't ever believe a fucking word General Menace say.

I fucking wish ;_;

I wish they would've axed Buick over Pontiac. Who the fuck buys a Buick? It's usually more expensive than a Chevy, but cheaper than a Cadillac. There's also nothing outright appealing about Buicks, nothing cool or amazing. I get that it's the car for the elderly, but I see more elderly driving around in older porches than I do buicks.

At least Pontiac had brand recognition across the world.

cheby trax I guess?

Other than the GTO and kind of the solstice, the whole lineup was shit.

t. chang ding

It would be the closest thing.

Olds also had the Intrigue and Aurora, the latter of which was unique and the former of which shared a platform but had a unique engine and styling.

>unique engine
>styling

literally who gives a shit

they were worthless shitboxes that were exactly the same as every other abortion GM shat out when Oldsmobile still existed

Because Buick was making money in China.

>What is the Spark
Don't bother, misses the point of the Metro. Engine isn't a dead-reliable brick anymore. I'd gladly sell it off for a '93 Metro and put the rest into restoration work and my pocket.

Look at this kid over here. Just look at him. Buick is GOAT

I can confirm this I own a Pontiac G8

They're sorta popular here, especially among soccer moms and rednecks

I've noticed this, and never understood why GMC is even a thing when they are literally re-named Chevys.

They used to not be until GM discovered how to rebadge cars

>Acadia
Actually a pretty decent vehicle for the value, popular among most middle class and the higher echelons of lower class. The Denali is also picked up as a budget luxury SUV by a lot of rich folks here in Scottsdale AZ
>Yukon
Really popular with soccer moms and business execs around here
>Sierra
Sells about as well as the Silverado

They spend next to nothing to develop the damned things, and SUV's and Trucks already have crazy high profit margins so it was actually detrimental to get rid of them. S

Especially when they're paired with Buick Dealers, if you kill off GMC, you'd might as well kill off Buick as well. And since Buick is selling reasonably well in China, and has been given room to grow up and down with the march of Cadillac into full premium territory and the cancellation of Pontiac, it seemed like a no brainer to keep GMC around.

So, like, 50 years ago?

i've never had a single problem with my g8. not one. not ever.

>run Pontiac like a greedy dimebagging shitshow for decades
>WE WERE JUST ABOUT TO BRING IT BACK TO GLORY, THE EVIL GUBMINT FORCED US TO AXE IT

The whole saga was well documented on PBS, so you should be able to find the truth easily. Those who said it was a bail out were wrong. It was a loan and was paid back with interest so the taxpayers actually made a profit on it. The government could be a powerful profitable bank like the chinese government, but of course there's a legal separation in the usa.

The fucking Chinese. I'm not kidding; Google that shit.

the mullet died

GMCs are just redundant chevys though.