/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 24th:
AD 41 – Roman Emperor Caligula, known for his eccentricity and sadistic despotism, is assassinated by his disgruntled Praetorian Guards. The Guard then proclaims Caligula's uncle Claudius as Emperor
1742 – Charles VII Albert becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
1947 – Greek (((banker))) Dimitrios Maximos becomes Prime Minister of Greece.
1990 – Japan launches Hiten, the country's first lunar probe, the first robotic lunar probe since the Soviet Union's Luna 24 in 1976

>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrGM66VMojs
discord.gg/mqGsXzu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimania
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>1 0 0 POSTS EARLY

you really outmeme'd yourself this time you fucking autist

Based

yeehaw

sage

Where the fuck is R&I? I haven't seen Him in so much time

>all the autists are slowly leaving
>tfw when /gsg/ is finally free of autists and shitposters it will also be as dead as /cbg/

>No, it doesnt. It's also a hellhole - i warned ya.
Nothing could be worse than neo-/gsg/. Translate some of it in to English and prove it's anything like as bad as this is.

Dunno really, might not really be that bad, but the mod is kinda sleepy to clear shit after daily wars of the autism. It's fine otherwise, except that there are a lot of avatar faggots. We also have icons, but that's same shit.

And, from what i seen, it's more alive than this place.

R&I usually makes a new thread like 50-25 posts before bump limit then uses his phone to get the R&I in ASAP. OP made this thread 100 memes early so R&I wasn't able to get it in before this and use his shitty infopic.

What sort of autism? Good autism like discussion or bad autism like incessant posting of liquor memes by assblasted 15 year olds and redditors?

Dear russian /gsg/, tell me, do you post nicolas memes?

have my rarest yuri as bait

Everyone is sleeping Mr. Russian man
Seriously pls come back, I need Russiabros

I legit had a guide I copy pasted from here a while ago but now I can't find it. So, try getting good instead.

More of the first, the worst thing is animeposting (just annoying). There are some attentionwhores that aim at creating shitstorms and at times it works.

Nah. I also dunno who's that guy on your pic.

Well there are quite few really intresting anons there so i don't think you'd gain a lot if we came there. Not every one of them speaks english too.

Can we get a direct link, laddo? I have a translator installed.

>animeposting is annoying
Well at least You're not on Veeky Forums laddo

>I also dunno who's that guy on your pic.
пeдик
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrGM66VMojs

/gsg/ is ded

Explain the appeal of anime to me. How did you get into it? What was the first anime you watched? What was it about? Did your parents hug you enough?

I know.

I just post here to remind meself of better times in video games.

Sometimes replying even to myself.

Sometimes having controversies with myself.

2ч.hk/gsg/res/385740
ч to ch
You have been warned.

What the fuck ever happened to Turkslayer? I haven't seen someone accuse him of something in like 4 months

w-will this kill my computer

no

t. Bobocrunch

No, but it will kill your brains. In time.

>What was the first anime you watched?
Either Digimon or Beyblade

>implying english /gsg/ hasn't already done that

Unironically considering browsing there instead of here despite having to translate. /gsg/ has gone to utter shit

No

I google searched it first to make sure it wouldn't kill me. Lotta pop up ads for a "legit site".

Technically DBZ but I think it was Angel Beats

Abu (the monkey admin) needs to eat you know. Just use adblock and it's pretty fine.

>Not using an adblocker

Is there a mod for EU4 which makes it so institutions spread slower outside of Europe or at least gets rid of them?

I'm sick of epic indian and asian meme blobs with fucking laser technology in 1750.

/int/pire 1983 - Cold War Addition
* IP Address: 149.202.65.66
* Server Version: 1.10.2
* Chien's World Map
* Towny, Hidden Ore, Crackshot, etc
IMPORTANT: The server is currently in grace period, first wars will begin in 7 days, so joining now will give you ample time to prepare.
Discord: discord.gg/mqGsXzu
General Rules:
1. No spam
2. No hacking, this includes things like autofisher bots or x-ray. Voxelmap is allowed and ENCOURAGED
3. No advertising
4. No advertising on unapproved boards/sites
5. Banter is REQUIRED.
Administration: Lineeye, Nurse_Reno: Neither will have creative nor join any town/nation to remain unbiased.
Roleplay:
1. Building a town/nation must be historically accurate for that location given the current time (1983)
2. Buildings do not have to be 100% accurate, variations are allowed.
3. Towns do not have to be exactly in the same geographical location as they were, but it should be in the same general area.
5. If you only want to buildfag, ask to join a Town or Nation in chat, everyone wants buildfags.
6. Nations can spread through conquest or diplomacy, but no Atlantic Federation tier bullshit.
7. Roleplay friendly skins are encouraged, novaskin is a great way to modify or make your own skins for /int/pire
Advice:
1. Build your walls first, these faggots love to run around looking for unprotected cities.
2. Don't bother with xray, you get ore faster from hidden ore.
3. Don't build walls out of cobblestone please, for the love of Christ.
4. Have fun you faggot, join a nation and wear the custom skin if they have one.
5. Find an active town or make a town in an active nation, if you have any questions theyll be happy to help you

Kill yourself

>all those paradox threads
What the Fuck. Looks like a certain board needs a reminder to Report and Ignore shitposting.

>20 years in, colonialism still hasn't left portugal
what is this bs

>i get banned for saying nigger on /sp/
>you can spam this everywhere

fuck this website tbqh

Good God, I don't know if it's just the translation but this place is worse than our /gsg/.

I like how despite being nothing but shitposting they still don't post liquor memes.

>TRUMP REPORTATLY INTERESTED IN MARS MISSION

>there are people who actually bought every CK2 dlc

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buy

The first one. It's also not a good idea to use catalog as that board is basically runs just one thread.

See... i warned you. It's hell but at ~500-600th post usually gets better.

Oh God, that image is beautiful. Do you have more ?

ask /trumpgen/

Gonna have to ask for a cheeky please respond

>restricting immigration from Muslim majority countries
I-is it really happening lads?

>See... i warned you. It's hell but at ~500-600th post usually gets better.
Yeah, same here. Because that's when steamcordplaza make a new thread.

Which /gsg/ do you prefer?

its like 50/50 pretty alright and fucking horrible.

I spent most of my time on russian one and probably will prefer it. I expected this place to be significantly more populous but it doesnt seem to be so.

> fucking horrible.
Which ones specifically?

we're just gonna usa your gsg instead lad prepare to be enriched

can murifats stop sleeping and go to sleep already. this general is always shit this time of day

all those racist shabbo goy nadzi ones

fuck off yuropoors

As an english speaking person i am pretty ok with this. Would wash out most of our trash prolly.

Guess how it is to live on +11 timezone.

shitposting*

>he thinks his comfy babushka meme forum is bad
>he just unleashed the full fury of steamcordplaza
your fuckin dead, kiddo, im opening my garfield folder as we speak

>60 posts in
>none related to johan sperg games
>only about murifat politics and degenerate anime reaction faces

Poland kinda fucked up my plan for making GroßGreciums but at least Constantinople is out of roach hands.

>spanish britain
I laugh every time i see this.

Castile not only got the PU over Aragon and Naples, but also got a PU over England. It was fucking scary, and I had to pull off some diplomatic shenanigans to form Italy because they were guaranteeing the Pope.

>new thread at less than 650
This simply must be a meme

>Septimania
What kind of fucking meme is this?

what the fuck is that estates thing

>then uses his phone to get the R&I in ASAP
There's no post timer after making a thread, you know that right

>shitty infopic
Why aren't we using the other one though

>What kind of fucking meme is this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimania

Is there any reason not to learn technology early if I have the monarch points?

Playing EUIV.

Tunis and Morocco kept raiding my coasts, so I took all their coastal provinces. But I didn't want to keep them for myself, so I made client states. I did the same thing with the French land since I didn't want to blob into southern France.

But yeah, what. said.

What do you mean?

>Why aren't we using the other one though
Which other one?

Yes
If you're already ahead in tech and the next tech isn't one of the "leaping" techs that are top priority, like the one that unlocks arty or unit upgrades, or ones that unlock new idea groups, it can be a waste of monarch points to 'rush' that tech at extra cost
Some techs are so low-priority by doing almost nothing, or by being, say, ship techs for a landlocked nation, that you would do better to focus on ideas or other uses of the mana until you get Bonus From Neighbor stuff.

only time you want to tech early is if it is military tech and you are starting/in a tough war. Otherwise it is a waste of points, it is much better to spend them on ideas or development until tech is at the right time

The one we were using like a week ago when R&I was slipping
The updated one, I guess.

>What do you mean?
I haven't played EU4 for like 2 years, literally what is it

Like a really shitty version of the CK2+ / HIP factions.

Basically court factions that give bonuses/maluses based on their loyalty and influence. Random events can affect it, as well as specific interactions.

>S P A N I S H B R I T A I N
Is this some Armada shit

Alright thanks.

>eu4, trying to break alliance
>+1, press button
>doo doo -10 prestige
whoever coded this needs to choke on a dick

What the fuck are you even talking about
>+1 press button
What
>doo doo -10 prestige
Is this the new poo poo pee pee? What the fuck is "doo doo"?

So... the bullshit that Ming had in EU3? Except in EVERY country?

Is it this one?

There were so many revisions I couldn't keep track. Don't even like it that much over the old ones tbqh

Sorf of, but not nearly as hindering. It's pretty easy to keep them loyal, and in a pinch they provide some great stuff through the interactions. The only danger is if their influence gets above 80. You'll start getting a looming disaster ticking for a coup.

desu i completely ignore it other than when one of the factions gets pissed for not having enough land

the most up to date one has red text in the bottom right corner

>+1, press button
sum of positive and negative modifiers resolves to +1, ie the AI will (or is supposed to) accept, so I press CONFIRM button to send the demand to break the alliance
>doo doo
this is the sound effect that plays when AI refuses
>-10 prestige
this is the penalty for the AI refusing

do you even play the game?

>the most up to date one has red text in the bottom right corner
So post it lad

Are any of the idea groups in EUIV mutually elusive? life Offense/Defense or Quality/Quantity?

They also expect a certain percentage of your total development. Giving them land gives it an autonomy floor, but also gives a modifier to unrest and a couple other bonuses based on which faction it is.

ok

>elusive
no
>exclusive
also no

The protestant league war was pretty bloody. I personally lost over 200k men and was running almost exclusively merc infantry and using my manpower for cav and cannons by the end. All for seven favors and 50 ducats.

Nope. Quantitiy/Quality are GOAT combination.

Yep, you get nasty event if you pick both, like -25 mil tradition at a time.

I obviously play it more than you do if you actually can't figure out what happened
A +1 modifier is so fucking miniscule, and usually can be accomplished with such a narrow set of TICKING conditions like "in debt" or "relative power", that a tiny shift can bump it to 0 at literally any day
Also, if you kept the clock ticking when you opened the diplo screen, it doesn't update this ticker except on a monthly basis (and sometimes not even then), so you were most likely waiting to press it for a few days and during that time the circumstances changed enough that they don't matter.

>doo doo sound effect
Just like saying PSHINNG would call to mind call-to-arms without any context right

>-10
Who knows? I've never had people refuse me because I actually know how the game works.

No I think it's this one or Not sure which one it is

What the fuck are Favors

what kind of bizarre mechanics has paracocks added in

and the triumph of the rightful Catholicism user

its what you gain with allies, slowly over time or by helping them in wars. you then use these favors to call allies into wars as to stop someone allying frace and delaring heaps of easy meme wars
its a pretty good mechanic user, one of the reasons eu4 diplomacy has improved so much over vickys

Another player conquest hinderance mechanic. Without them, you can't call allies into offensive wars.

The AI completely ignores that concept.

>TWO MILLION DEAD MEN
Also what the fuck is going on with negative over there? Did they seriously have an overflow error?