What are the real consequences of putting regular low octane fuel in a performance car...

What are the real consequences of putting regular low octane fuel in a performance car? If it only goes through like 1-2 tanks of regular fuel is the car damaged?

In a modern car? You will just end up with less power as the computer fucks with the timing to compensate for the low octane.

milage and power take a huge hit

dont know if it does any permanent damage

Depends. Most of the time it's nothing but less power since car needs to retard timing. Older cars don't have knock sensors and thus will be damaged by it.

If it's especially shitty gas, even modern cars can be damaged since the car will have to retard timing so much that combustion is almost completely outside the power stroke.

Quit being a poorfag

just buy a diesel

Not a poorfag. Considering buying an almost new performance car but have bad paranoia about somebody having put the wrong fuel in it.

So a 5$ wine is more enjoyable than a 30$ wine?

this

the knock sensor will adjust the timing and run at lower power

not really, unless its boones or something which are more like an adult juice

>This
Also can fucker the ltft's, definitely stft's, maybe little extra shit in the cats if it does
>Notdedyet.jpg

Cheaper gas tends to have more ethanol in it, that's why I have to buy the expensive stuff for my bike because it wasn't made for it

Nice

>tfw drive an old cadillac
>shit my pants every time I loan it out to family members

idk I've never had wine cheaper than 300$ before.

I know nobody cares but lower octane gasoline has greater energy density than high octane fuel.

So if you have a car that can run on 87 octane that's the only thing you should put into it.

Bonus fun fact: Cars can run off lower octane fuel in higher elevations. Hence the 85 octane fuel in Colorado.

As a wino, $250 is wrong. You need an expensive car that only drives as well as the $30.

>Drinking alcohol
>ever

leave faggot, please
>Low testosterone

>wine

>Low testosterone
But user, alcohol consumption hurt testosterone production

Maybe if you're an alcoholic fag, real men do it in moderation.
Stop trying to justify your sad low test life, virgin.

>What are the real consequences of putting regular low octane fuel in a performance car?

In modern cars, you'll get less power and probably worse gas mileage. That's about it. Anything from the late 90's onward is smart enough to pull timing when it detects knock, so the engine won't blow up on you. After a tank or two of high octane fuel they'll normally re-tune themselves to run on the higher octane again, my car supposedly takes about 100 miles to figure it out again.

On an older car, or any other car which can't automatically adjust the timing (like something with a set tune for a certain octane), you'll ping like a bastard and very possibly blow the engine up.

the result is same whether the wine i drink is cheap or expensive
i get smashed eventually

>cheaper stuff has more ethanol
>ethanol has a higher octane rating than gasoline which is why e85 is midwest poorfag racegas
>this means that whatever garbage runoff they're mixing with ethanol to get 85-87 octane would have been impossible to sell if it wasn't packed with alcohol

>not buying ethanol free premium
>any year

>implying you can taste the difference between $30 and $250 wine

octane is unrelated to energy density

there is usually negligible to no benefit in running premium in a car that does not require it except that premium usually has a better detergent package.

at altitude your engine is going to be less likely to knock (compression ratio is unchanged, but lower ambient pressure leads to less cylinder head pressure regardless) and accordingly doesn't require higher octane fuel to run without immediate damage.